Page 5 of 371 FirstFirst ... 34567101555105 ... LastLast

Thread: The Grail Works Mission Dossier (Discussion & Ideas)

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixAct View Post
    Here's a new one.

One of the team replaces the warden in Dragon Age: Origins.
    I like that one. Shiki would make a solid Rogue and Aruceid could easily pass as an Arcane Warrior. Rin is a mage, but I have a really hard time seeing as a Warden for some reason. She's assertive enough though ad I'd love to see her interact with Morrigan and Flemeth.

Shirou...I do not know. I like him, but I don't know if I'd like him in Dragon Age. Kurai's an easy fit, if totally overpowered (as per usual). I'd like to see someone not Kurai here though. Not sure why, just a gut feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear
    You may run into the same problem as the Elder Scrolls idea, which is that them with full powers results in them crushing everything.
    Hmm. How about a Shiki who is close to dying and therefore cannot abuse his eyes, but whose abilities are invaluable for defeating the main threats in the world?

From what I know of Tsukihime, Shiki Tohno isn't too OPed for the setting. Quite frankly if he MEoDP'd everything that could and would be a future threat he'd probably die before leaving the world. DA is one of the places were the setting is flawed and corrupt, Darkspawn aside, so it's a challenge of greater magnitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

@LeopardBear

Well, the Warden kills darkspawn by the thousands anyway. And that's the real threat of them anyway, it's not that they're individually strong but that there's so many of them. Then there's the dragons and the archfiend...

Not to mention, part of the grail works idea was that the Nasuverse characters aren't allowed to let the natives know the truth about them. So the more showy moves would have to wait untill things got really desperate.

@Ragnarok

Either of the Shiki's might fit, since it'll just look like they're really good at slicing things with swords.
    If you're going through hell, keep going. - Winston Churchill

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so. - William Shakespeare

Warden huh? So they send in Sakura?

*runs away and hides*

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Hmm. How about a Shiki who is close to dying and therefore cannot abuse his eyes, but whose abilities are invaluable for defeating the main threats in the world?

From what I know of Tsukihime, Shiki Tohno isn't too OPed for the setting. Quite frankly if he MEoDP'd everything that could and would be a future threat he'd probably die before leaving the world. DA is one of the places were the setting is flawed and corrupt, Darkspawn aside, so it's a challenge of greater magnitude.
    Tohno could work if you messed around with his abilities a bit, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Well, the Warden kills darkspawn by the thousands anyway. And that's the real threat of them anyway, it's not that they're individually strong but that there's so many of them. Then there's the dragons and the archfiend...
    Yeah. The Shikis would be valuable here. Although I'd honestly rather have an Arcane Warrior Aruceid just plain having fun showing off prodigious physical strength and being able to openly chalk it up to magic.

Though there is the problem of The Joining for Aruceid, come to think of it.

Not to mention, part of the grail works idea was that the Nasuverse characters aren't allowed to let the natives know the truth about them. So the more showy moves would have to wait untill things got really desperate.
    Mmm. Kurai fits best since he can openly shapeshift, but....it's like an excuse to be a game breaker. That's no fun. Dragon!Saber is better, and I'd really like to see her worshiped by certain locals.

Maybe have one of Grail Works be a companion to the Warden?

Tohno could work if you messed around with his abilities a bit, yes.
    And without being able to rely on his eyes, who's to say how much stronger than the locals he is? Skill is a different matter, but at least his power is effectively limited. For backup have Arcane Warrior Aruceid!

However, the Joining is a hurdle. Would its effects be able to be reversed without firing up the Grail once the mission is done?

Quote Originally Posted by nununu
    Warden huh? So they send in Sakura?

*runs away and hides*
    My disinterest towards Sakura is well known. That said, have her potentially relapsing into Dark Sakura the entire time and I'd give it a look.
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....

That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Actually that reminds me.

The Shiki's might fit as well simply because they could do the joining and then descretely "kill" the taint.

Or Arc could resist it by virtue of being what she is.

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so. - William Shakespeare

Blog Entries
    Actually that reminds me.

The Shiki's might fit as well simply because they could do the joining and then descretely "kill" the taint.
    Well, that's one of the reasons that Ryougi doesn't really work here. She basically trivializes the entire taint drama, which I don't find to be a good thing. Plus, MEoDP so zetta hax in Dragon Age, exceedingly so with Ryougi and spellkilling.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Well, that's one of the reasons that Ryougi doesn't really work here. She basically trivializes the entire taint drama, which I don't find to be a good thing. Plus, MEoDP so zetta hax in Dragon Age, exceedingly so with Ryougi and spellkilling.
    I wasn't so big on using the taint for drama actually but maybe...

Although getting rid of it would slightly increase the threat of the darkspawn, seeing as the "Warden" would no longer be able to sense them.

Blog Entries
    I wasn't so big on using the taint for drama actually but maybe...

Although getting rid of it would slightly increase the threat of the darkspawn, seeing as the "Warden" would no longer be able to sense them.
    There is Alistair.

Maybe we could add drama by making the Wardens unable to connect to the Fade? Or suffer consequences for being thrown into to something so foreign? Otherwise Shiki might as well go perma killing demons and not stop. Would effectively being an astral projection limit or increase his ability to use his eyes?

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

Encounters darkspawn, Nanaya blood goes mental?

Blog Entries
    There is Alistair.

Maybe we could add drama by making the Wardens unable to connect to the Fade? Or suffer consequences for being thrown into to something so foreign? Otherwise Shiki might as well go perma killing demons and not stop. Would effectively being an astral projection limit or increase his ability to use his eyes?
    I'm not sure being in the Fade would do anything, seeing as everything is linked to the Root. If anything, it should make MEoDP easier to use, as the Fade is a lot more mutable and fleeting than the world.

I was thinking of the Taint waking up Dark Sakura and her scaring denizens of the Fade shitless.

Blog Entries
    Encounters darkspawn, Nanaya blood goes mental?
    That seems reasonable, yes. A Rogue who took the Berserker specialization does amuse me though. Shiki would otherwise looked like someone who took the Assassin and Duelist Specializations, until he went apeshit on Darkspawn.

I'm not sure being in the Fade would do anything, seeing as everything is linked to the Root. If anything, it should make MEoDP easier to use, as the Fade is a lot more mutable and fleeting than the world.
    Ahhh, so Shiki's problem is more linked to perceiving death through a physical medium? Then Shiki has unique options available to him in this world. He's actually more powerful in the Fade and can more easily intimidate its denizens.

Quote Originally Posted by nununu
    I was thinking of the Taint waking up Dark Sakura and her scaring denizens of the Fade shitless.
    I approve of this. It's not enough to make me want a read a whole Sakura centric story for fun, but it's enough provoke my interest and give it a chance. If it fleshed out her character in a fashion I liked I'd be further intrigued. It's just a matter of believably justifying it, make Sakura aware that she could be slipping, and have her willingly risking her sanity to fully utilize the advantages it gives her.
    Last edited by Hymn of Ragnarok; November 15th, 2011 at 07:51 PM.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

Actually I think Leopard may have been talking about Ryougi. As I recall, Ryougi's link is to the root, Shiki Tohno's is to Gaia and his major problem is that overusing his eye's will fry his brain and he can't turn them off. His brain might fry instantly if he tries to "understand" things in the fade.

Oh and he's anemic apparently...don't know how that would affect things, except to function as a diablous ex machina.

The Sakura idea sounds like it could make Thedas' problems worse.

Blog Entries
    Ahhh, so Shiki's problem is more linked to perceiving death through a physical medium? Then Shiki has unique options available to him in this world. He's actually more powerful in the Fade and can more easily intimidate its denizens.
    Basically yeah, his death perception is linked to flaws in the structure of objects, hence why he can't see Arc's death, because she's 'perfect' under the moon. Or at least how I understand it. You could make the exact opposite case though like Phoenix, and say that the Fade is even harder than normal to understand because he's trying to understand a dream.

Worried Soul That Watches Larekko12's Avatar
    I don't think Replacing the Warden as a Warden would really work. You could make Alistair the Warden and a Grail works member a companion and then they have to keep him alive and everything.

Then there is the politicalness of It. Thedas is fucking huge and fucking messed up. You can't fix it in some singular epic quest unless you coming down in one big religous crusade. The darkspawn are the least and most of their problems. You have to deal with their Church, politcal machinations. The State of Mages and elves everywhere. the Dwarves and thei backward community that is killing themselves. Tevinter. It jsut doesn't seem the like the type of interventionist they are equipped to handle. Too Macro really and so serious that I would have trouble believing they would actually drop on to choke the Blight, which even if Ferelden falls the rest of the world can put down, and leave without cleaning out everything.

So the only way i could see them touching that is if they send someone down in there to Play Andraste Returned convincing and do Christ plot kicking off massive positive social upheaval thorughout the human nations..
    Then let it break, if it shatters to pieces then forge an even better blade to take in hand. Should that blade crack then forge once again, untill the battlefield is a graveyard of blades that have fallen and but a single sword claims the field that embodies the world. Let that sword bear the world untill its time comes and time blows its dust to the winds. Then forge again.---Eric Dagger

Blog Entries
    Aoko could make a pretty interesting Andraste reborn...

Blog Entries
    Actually I think Leopard may have been talking about Ryougi. As I recall, Ryougi's link is to the root, Shiki Tohno's is to Gaia and his major problem is that overusing his eye's will fry his brain and he can't turn them off. His brain might fry instantly if he tries to "understand" things in the fade.

Oh and he's anemic apparently...don't know how that would affect things, except to function as a diablous ex machina.
    Interesting. And anemic? An extended mission in a medieval country would utterly suck for him. Unless he starts manufacturing darkspawn blood to make up the difference...

What? It's the taint, it could happen.

The Sakura idea sounds like it could make Thedas' problems worse.
    Haven't played DA2 yet. But I can live with DS causing more trouble.

Basically yeah, his death perception is linked to flaws in the structure of objects, hence why he can't see Arc's death, because she's 'perfect' under the moon. Or at least how I understand it. You could make the exact opposite case though like Phoenix, and say that the Fade is even harder than normal to understand because he's trying to understand a dream.
    So we can make a case for either scenario. I'd consider that a point in favor for the idea because it gives the writer more flexibility.

Aoko could make a pretty interesting Andraste reborn...
    This idea amuses me terribly. If we're going to suggest candidates for Andraste reborn, Saber and Aruceid sound fun.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    This idea amuses me terribly. If we're going to suggest candidates for Andraste reborn, Saber and Aruceid sound fun.
    Jeanne if you wanted to play it straight, too. Hmmm... Ciel?

Also, Shiki technically isn't anemic. He just doesn't have half his life force. Which is also a serious issue, but not quite the same thing.

>.>

<.<

Speaking from experience, convincing an invading barbarian horde that you are a deity with Pyrotechnics and Image spells is how to be a Wizzard.

Aoko can make explosions all day. And probably tons of images or charm person. Hehehe. Andraste has risen!

EDIT:
    Saber could get the village of Haven on her side, instantly. She can just Nomnomnom their dragon, shift form, and tell them that She is Andraste. Problem solved!