Page 7 of 371 FirstFirst ... 256789121757107 ... LastLast

Thread: The Grail Works Mission Dossier (Discussion & Ideas)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pureauthor View Post
    First we're going to have to get the story which tells us why Jeanne is working with GW in the first place.
    Or do we? :3
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

A wizard (Zelretch) did it.

Or Kurai with a Miracle/Reincarnation.

The thought being, that if one hero kicks ass, all the heroes, kick all the ass.

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Or do we? :3
    Well, they do have the Holy Grail in their storeroom. So I'd say the answer is no. They can probably summon Servants wholesale, or individually and gift them with physical bodies once they finish using wishes to fix their current roster's problems. The Grail is a giant Deux Ex Machina, I see no reason why they should not abuse it in their quest to save everyone!

That way they can cover more ground with Heroic Spirits doing the heavy lifting, as long as the spirits are willing. And Jeanne most certainly would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

What's Jeanne's peronality like, again? Because if she's of the "save everyone" mentality then I see no reason she wouldn't agree to join them.

Although she and Saber act snooty towards eeach other because French/British. Although Lancer/whoever likes to annoy them by insinuating it's UST.
    If you're going through hell, keep going. - Winston Churchill

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so. - William Shakespeare

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixAct View Post
    What's Jeanne's peronality like, again? Because if she's of the "save everyone" mentality then I see no reason she wouldn't agree to join them.
    She was never actually written so there's plenty of leeway. Still, here:

Joan of Arc, the Standard-Bearer who Correctly Guides the Holy Grail War (聖杯戦争を正しく導く旗手, Seihai Sensou wo Tadashiku Michibiku Kishu?) is a Servant of the Ruler class, with the additional classification of the Saberclass, designed by Kinoko Nasu. She is a Catholic saint born in Domrémy, France, and the heroine of France who liberatedOrléans in the Hundred Years' War. She is a special Heroic Spirit summoned by the Holy Grail itself to act as the administrator of the Holy Grail War. This allows her to retain the memories of each repeating "game" unlike other Servants. She is taciturn and cool when acting as a Servant, but her natural self is a plain and quiet sixteen-year-old girl. She puts order first, and will wield a sword for the sake of the rules, but fundamentally believes "all people and Heroic Spirits participating in the Holy Grail War are important". The design was also used during a Fate/Zero anime illustration related to Caster.
    I say it's acceptable to play fast and loose though, since this Joan/Jeanne was summoned as the administrator of the HGW. Interpreting all people are important and everyone deserves a chance to be saved and prosper is more than reasonable IMO.

Although she and Saber act snooty towards eeach other because French/British. Although Lancer/whoever likes to annoy them by insinuating it's UST.
    While amusing, it is a bit of a cheap gag to play between a Saint and the King of Knights. I see no reason for the resident troll, whoever they may be, to not egg them on though.
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....

That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Saber/Jeanne vs Jeanne/Leliana

...I'll be in my bunk.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by logiccosmic View Post

...I'll be in my bunk.
    Love triangle, fuck yeah.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Leiliana' is hero worship but Saber is Tsundere?

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so. - William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

...I'll be in my bunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear
    Love triangle, fuck yeah.
    Alas, I have a hard time seeing Lelianna being Hardened when traveling with Jeanne.

Now, Jeanne unknowingly being a heartbreaker? To everyone, but Saber and Lelianna in particular? DO WANT.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Alas, I have a hard time seeing Lelianna being Hardened when traveling with Jeanne.

Now, Jeanne unknowingly being a heartbreaker? To everyone, but Saber and Lelianna in particular? DO WANT.
    This idea is massive gold.

*Heh, Leo has a Google Outline Doc open*

Blog Entries
    Now we just need to add Morrigan snarking at everyone for drooling over their Fearless Leader.

Morrigan says she thinks she found a sister in Jeanne after her personal quest, but Morrigan's lying to herself.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

Heh, I already have some stuff to work on but I could help if you need it. Might be able to go for a collabrative effort if you want.

How would Jeanne feel about the chantry btw. It obvious they're based on christianity but there are some key differences.

Blog Entries
    Heh, I already have some stuff to work on but I could help if you need it. Might be able to go for a collabrative effort if you want.
    Would make sense, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Now we just need to add Morrigan snarking at everyone for drooling over their Fearless Leader.

She says she thinks found a sister in Jeanne after her personal quest, but Morrigan's lying to herself.
    Everyone is hot for teacher leader?

Blog Entries
    I am most pleased by this outcome. If anyone actually writes something I'll happily beta.

Everyone is hot for teacher leader?
    Even The Girls Want Her. Along with every other race in Fereldan.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixAct
    How would Jeanne feel about the chantry btw. It obvious they're based on christianity but there are some key differences.
    At the very least I think she'd be unhappy about how they treat the mages. That doesn't translate to tearing down the system, but if she had the chance to reform it or institute a better solution I think she'd take it. And with her Revelation she'd succeed.

Then again, if Revelation doesn't push her into action she may not do anything.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Would make sense, no?
    Okay then. How do you want to go about it.

Will Jeanne be aware of everyone thinking she is Andraste?

At least, at the very beginning, or pre insertion? Or will it sort of dawn on everyone that holy shit, Andraste is right here.

Blog Entries
    Okay then. How do you want to go about it.
    Probably just start throwing ideas back and forth in PM, work out story, and then somehow figure out how to divide writing.

Blog Entries
    Will Jeanne be aware of everyone thinking she is Andraste?

At least, at the very beginning, or pre insertion? Or will it sort of dawn on everyone that holy shit, Andraste is right here.
    The latter. Healing the Arl is the perfect opportunity. Until then Jeanne is a quirky if effective Grey Warden. That's the moment where people start thinking she's touched by the Maker. Her modesty or potential claims to doing what she felt is God's will cements her image.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Megaolix's Avatar
    ...Someone mind telling me WHY they would summon Jeanne in the first place? Grail supporting her? That means a big mana drain for a long time, depending on how strong they intend to have her. Something the place usually try to avoid since they really could use the mana for other things. And as fun as it sounds, exciting the religious folk is not a good way to bring peace and stability for long term.

So, this being done seriously? I don't see how it would logically work. But for crack and humor, this would be amusing I suppose.