Page 8 of 371 FirstFirst ... 3678910131858108 ... LastLast

Thread: The Grail Works Mission Dossier (Discussion & Ideas)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaolix View Post
    ...Someone mind telling me WHY they would summon Jeanne in the first place? Grail supporting her? That means a big mana drain for a long time, depending on how strong they intend to have her. Something the place usually try to avoid since they really could use the mana for other things. And as fun as it sounds, exciting the religious folk is not a good way to bring peace and stability.
    ...oh hey, and there's a way to keep her from stomping the Blight. Danke! ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Probably just start throwing ideas back and forth in PM, work out story, and then somehow figure out how to divide writing.
    Okay then.

Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    The latter. Healing the Arl is the perfect opportunity. Until then Jeanne is a quirky if effective Grey Warden. That's the moment where people start thinking she's touched by the Maker. Her modesty or potential claims to doing what she felt is God's will cements her image.
    Jeanne: I'm very disappointed in all of you.

Morrigan would laugh her ass off at the idea of the chantry getting told off by their own saviour.
    If you're going through hell, keep going. - Winston Churchill

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so. - William Shakespeare

The latter. Healing the Arl is the perfect opportunity. Until then Jeanne is a quirky if effective Grey Warden. That's the moment where people start thinking she's touched by the Maker. Her modesty or potential claims to doing what she felt is God's will cements her image.
    Mmmmkay.

Does Jeanne have a holy sword like Saber? (Obviously not as powerful, and aside from her suicide attack sword)

And will she still have her crazy Servant level stats?

Edit: More reasons; Freeing a god from enforced evil. Paying it forward. Having a few favors from someone upstairs is worth a lot of mana.

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Because Jeanne would be an effective agent? They can fire up the Grail by using mundane magical items, why not summon a Heroic Spirit and instead of calling seven to duke it out, give the one a physical body?

You gotta admit, Jeanne would be a very appealing agent if you don't mind her potentially spreading religion. Ilya seems to have a fantastic ability to gather information, why not become aware of Jeanne's potential? Get her on your side and Revelation is haxx.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixAct
    Jeanne: I'm very disappointed in all of you.

Morrigan would laugh her ass off at the idea of the chantry getting told off by their own saviour.
    Perfect.
    Last edited by Hymn of Ragnarok; November 15th, 2011 at 09:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Jeanne would be utterly horrified if the locals tried to deify her.

Quote Originally Posted by pureauthor View Post
    And of course, her denying it with a show of utter humility only will convince them more...

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Because Jeanne would be an effective agent? They can fire up the Grail by using mundane magical items, why not summon a Heroic Spirit and instead of calling seven to duke it out, give the one a physical body?

You gotta admit, Jeanne would be a very appealing agent if you don't mind her potentially spreading religion. Ilya seems to have a fantastic ability to gather information, why not become aware of Jeanne's potential? Get her on your side and Revelation is haxx.
    If her presence can be reasonably explained - and sufficient information given for everybody else to use her - I don't necessarily see a problem.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Eh, she's already a saint...
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Also Andraste is known as the bride of the maker, not actually a god herself.

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so. - William Shakespeare

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by logiccosmic
    Does Jeanne have a holy sword like Saber? (Obviously not as powerful, and aside from her suicide attack sword)

And will she still have her crazy Servant level stats?
    If she can make holy shrouds and increase effectiveness of sacraments, I wouldn't be surprised if any weapon she holds counts as holy.

And if she's given a physical body, why not?

Thus encouraging the belief that she fulfills the Maker's will.
    Last edited by Hymn of Ragnarok; November 15th, 2011 at 09:33 PM.
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....

That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    If her presence can be reasonably explained - and sufficient information given for everybody else to use her - I don't necessarily see a problem.
    Sufficient information: Like a DnD character sheet, or what?

Mana wise, maybe they can use lyrium as a source of mana? So they need to secure the lyrium, and Jeanne is their best bet?

Sufficient information as in why they'd turn to calling Heroic Spirits instead of relying on the manpower they already have.

"Everyone is busy" sounds like decent enough justification, really.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by logiccosmic View Post
    Sufficient information: Like a DnD character sheet, or what?

Mana wise, maybe they can use lyrium as a source of mana? So they need to secure the lyrium, and Jeanne is their best bet?
    I'm not following...why summon Jeanne to get mana in lyrium? Although I must admit, gathering Lyrium for powering the Grail isn't a bad idea.

I say once the current personnel is wished free of problems, use the Grail to solve big problems or summon more capable and willing employees. They'll need more people eventually and Heroic Spirits are going to be better than almost anyone they could recruit that's still living.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

And Heroic Spirits don't age, do they? They are prana constructs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by logiccosmic View Post
    And Heroic Spirits don't age, do they? They are prana constructs.

...Uh, that's a good question. As eirei, I imagine they wouldn't age. If they were given physical bodies, would they effectively have eternal youth and perfect health?

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Megaolix's Avatar
    Even so, I'll say here I would rather not have the place start summoning more spirits left and right. And using religion is just asking to start huge bloody wars with anyone not believing in Andraste and turning followers into fanatics, especially after she leaves (no matter how she pulls it off).

Sufficient information as in why they'd turn to calling Heroic Spirits instead of relying on the manpower they already have.

"Everyone is busy" sounds like decent enough justification, really.
    Ilya is the Grail. Jeanne decides to make good of her guardianship.

To solve Thedas' problems though, the fact is that at some point you will have to dive into religion.

And for why summon? Isn't Grail Works supposed to be a growing organization, in that they're actively looking to expand, as it were.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixAct View Post
    To solve Thedas' problems though, the fact is that at some point you will have to dive into religion.

And for why summon? Isn't Grail Works supposed to be a growing organization, in that they're actively looking to expand, as it were.
    Agreed; The Qun is one Crusade/Jihad/whatever away from rolling over a Blight-wrecked Ferelden and Free Marches. Especially since they are already teching up to Firearms.

And the Chantry is ready to Crusade/Jihad/Divine March the Quarni back to the sea, or anyone who shows apostasy.

It's 1000 AD all over again. Shit is going downhill, fast.

Jeanne can bring pseudo-Enlightment style religion (hopefully), as in don't kill all the heretics.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixAct View Post

Grey Wardens are fairly dangerous. Taint is a factor, but there may be measures against that even if the taint can't be outright cured. Instead of Grey Wardens marching to their death in Orzammar, they could be discretely recruited if they're sufficiently trustworthy and powerful. Things like that. Start a religion where the strongest and virtuous ascend to Heaven where they fight for goodness. There's gotta be some world with the fountain of youth to restore health to some aging badass hero.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.