Page 324 of 324 FirstFirst ... 224274314319322323324
Results 6,461 to 6,475 of 6475

Thread: The Grail Works Mission Dossier (Discussion & Ideas)

Blog Entries
    ...uh-oh. I'll have to find a way to fix that part.

Actually, before I forget, do you use Word or Open/Libre Office? I'm thinking of emailing you the Origin Story in one of those two formats.
    Xamusel's Fanfiction Profile

For those that don't necessarily care if my fics aren't all Type-Moon related.

Hmm... this is a bit of a surprise these days.

An archive of my works on the forum that's pretty accurate.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

Jester of the Moon Cell's Sovereign Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I use Word 2007 (which is probably half the problem . . .).
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Hmm... Kieran, when you get back, care to help me with getting Baba Yaga's personality right?

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

Blog Entries
    Well, first, read the relevant Pathfinder books and see how that version of Baba Yaga is laid out; that will give you the best idea of how she thinks and reacts. Failing that, look at the original Russian folktales Baba Yaga appears in. She's very big on politeness, and cannibalistic of small children when they fail to meet her standards, amongst other things . . .

From what I remember of "Reign of Winter," Baba Yaga is perfectly willing to sacrifice anyone who isn't her for her own gain, and takes the long view - hence the whole cycle with the Queens of Irrisen in the first place. And given the lengths she went to in order to ensure her immortality, any threat to that I imagine would be eliminated with extreme prejudice.

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    So, essentially, she's like that witch from Hansel and Gretel? At least, in regards to the Slavic folklore, anyway.

In any case, gonna be sure to revise what I have so far, at least before I actually post the origin story here. I also want to make sure that you see what I have ready this time.

Blog Entries
    More or less like, yes - as I said, since you're using "Reign of Winter," that's the best source for you.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Okay, while I'm not normally the best at these sorts of things, I decided to start up my Character Sheet creation ideas for the story ideas I have. Also, bear with me, I need to find a way to write these things down properly. As I'm hoping to use specific advancements for how to 'level up' my character in each system, and as I'm keeping my character at the low end of the scale until properly leveled, I have to admit that this will be a lot of the equivalent of First Level characters in a d20 game. This way, I won't be stealing the spotlight from the Type-MOON cast, to be fair.

In any case, I was going to start off by sharing my Numenera Character Sheet in progress, but I realized that I don't have all the rules memorized from the PDF (drat!). On top of that, I need to show Kieran what I have for a revised version of my origin story so far, which... well, that's gonna bite me hard, truly. I also wish to have him be the one arbitrating the stories I tell while I upload them... you know what I mean?

Blog Entries
    Okay, for Kieran's benefit, here's the new version of the origin story I'm working on: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Blog Entries
    Kieran, I'm still working on updating the Origin Story I'm writing, even if I'd just managed to get it on my Google Doc for it a bit ago. Hopefully it'll be better when I have all the details figured out that I need to figure out how to put to paper.

Blog Entries
    OK - I'll be waiting.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    ...you can read it as it is now, since I updated the Google Doc, Kieran. I forgot to make that obvious for you.

Blog Entries
    Actually, I can't - it insists that the file has been deleted when I click the link.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    ...what? That shouldn't be possible. Hold on a second.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1o4...9BN4MXh2zVA8uE

Does that work for you now?

Vigilant. Relied Upon. Vigilantia's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Actually, I can't - it insists that the file has been deleted when I click the link.
    Did you try incognito mode? It seems to open fine when I look at it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Did you try incognito mode? It seems to open fine when I look at it.
    I have no idea what that is - but he's readjusted it, it works, and the asked-for critique has been given. Thank you nonetheless for your suggestion.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette