Page 314 of 372 FirstFirst ... 214264304309312313314315316319324364 ... LastLast
Results 6,261 to 6,280 of 7425

Thread: The Grail Works Mission Dossier (Discussion & Ideas)

Blog Entries
    Uh, Kieran, I was given a suggestion by someone I know regarding the Grail Works (or so I think). Namely, why not get the TSAB involved, at least at a point where it would be appropriate?

Now, granted, I'm not entirely sure that would fit. I just wanted to make sure it was something you would approve of.
    Xamusel's Fanfiction Profile

For those that don't necessarily care if my fics aren't all Type-Moon related.

Hmm... this is a bit of a surprise these days.

An archive of my works on the forum that's pretty accurate.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

Quote Originally Posted by Xamusel View Post
    Uh, Kieran, I was given a suggestion by someone I know regarding the Grail Works (or so I think). Namely, why not get the TSAB involved, at least at a point where it would be appropriate?

Now, granted, I'm not entirely sure that would fit. I just wanted to make sure it was something you would approve of.
    IMO the best way would be having Chrono and/or Yuuno contacting the Grail Works and ask if they want to be 'hired' as troubleshooters in this or that dimension the TSAB is monitoring/in contact with but that they can't access to with their magitech and/or can't interfer with the problem by law/treaty/other.
    92 minuti di applausi!!!

Perchè immaginiamo?, ci chiedono.
    E perchè no?, è la risposta più adatta.
    Almeno, questo è ciò che credo io.

Spoiler:

CASTER FAN, and PROUD of it!!!!

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MWkillkenny84 View Post
    IMO the best way would be having Chrono and/or Yuuno contacting the Grail Works and ask if they want to be 'hired' as troubleshooters in this or that dimension the TSAB is monitoring/in contact with but that they can't access to with their magitech and/or can't interfer with the problem by law/treaty/other.
    That's one option. This one - which is far more antagonistic, but could provide an overarching story thread for multiple authors - was also suggested long, long ago.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    That's one option. This one - which is far more antagonistic, but could provide an overarching story thread for multiple authors - was also suggested long, long ago.
    It smells too much of "The Brains-in-Jars had some 'intersting' medicine added to their nutrient bath"/"TSAB that act like a moronic Time Police from Star Trek: Voyager applying a Prime Temporal Directive to people that are not covered by it"/"TSAB in general holding Idiot Balls the size of the Saint Cradle and beyond" excuse.

No, IMO it is better having the Bureau as a 'client' hiring the Grail Works to do jobs where they can't (even unofficially) operate or where their style of magic does not work, period.

Think of the farce that was "Force": what better way to remove the Huckbeins than having Shirou using Harpe (or any other anti-regen/immortality NP) on them?
    92 minuti di applausi!!!

Perchè immaginiamo?, ci chiedono.
    E perchè no?, è la risposta più adatta.
    Almeno, questo è ciò che credo io.

Spoiler:

CASTER FAN, and PROUD of it!!!!

Blog Entries
    Fair enough.

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Hey, Kieran, quick question... what's the status of Crisis of Fayth's rewrite (if there will be one)?

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

Blog Entries
    . . . Given that I'm been prepping to go away Thursday for Fan Expo, it'll be a while, at least.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Okay, I understand... just, please work on that rewrite when you get the chance. That's all I ask on that subject.

On a separate subject, however, I wanted to know if the idea I posited earlier would be valid in any way, shape, or form (so that I can tell the guy who's helping me out with my side of the project if it works).

Blog Entries
    Working for the TSAB, you mean? I don't see a problem with it - the Works' missions have to come from somewhere.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Thanks. I appreciate that a lot. I'll contact my friend about that soon enough.

Blog Entries
    Okay... so I managed to get a clearer idea as to what my friend was thinking. Essentially, the TSAB would be making sure that certain people (namely the
    Magi
    Majutsushi
    ) stay unaware of the existence of alternate realities outside of what Zelretch can do, while waiting for everyone on Earth to be ready for the inter-reality community to meet them properly.

My friend's reasoning was that the typical Magus was completely amoral, self-serving, and so on. Would you want the Clock Tower and its affiliate branches aware of the existence of alternate realities? ...apparently, the TSAB doesn't want that, either.

EDIT: Also, on a side note, I'm going through all of Angel Beats because I figured I'd do a mission based in that universe. It helps that my local library had it as a loanable item... and that I'm borrowing it. Now, with all that said, I'm thinking it'll be after the second mission I write... while keeping in mind that things are bound to get super sticky at speeds faster than teleportation.

This also ties into the bit on using the TSAB for this... I had a thought that one of the TSAB's best soldiers (unsure if it's Nanoha or someone else) went MIA, so they decide to send a lot of feelers for info on where said person is, eventually leading them to the Grail Works LTD. Of course, due to circumstances, the TSAB ends up contracting the Grail Works while Kurai is out of the office... so someone else has to locate the missing soldier. This leads them to the world of Angel Beats.

...no idea how the story will go from there on, of course, but still!
    Last edited by Xamusel; September 2nd, 2017 at 03:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    ...anyone still here?

Blog Entries
    ...anyone still here?
    To be fair, your prior post was put up when I was on vacation - and promptly got buried, apparently.

Okay... so I managed to get a clearer idea as to what my friend was thinking. Essentially, the TSAB would be making sure that certain people (namely the
    Magi
    Majutsushi
    ) stay unaware of the existence of alternate realities outside of what Zelretch can do, while waiting for everyone on Earth to be ready for the inter-reality community to meet them properly.

My friend's reasoning was that the typical Magus was completely amoral, self-serving, and so on. Would you want the Clock Tower and its affiliate branches aware of the existence of alternate realities? ...apparently, the TSAB doesn't want that, either.
    Logical.

EDIT: Also, on a side note, I'm going through all of Angel Beats because I figured I'd do a mission based in that universe. It helps that my local library had it as a loanable item... and that I'm borrowing it. Now, with all that said, I'm thinking it'll be after the second mission I write... while keeping in mind that things are bound to get super sticky at speeds faster than teleportation.

This also ties into the bit on using the TSAB for this... I had a thought that one of the TSAB's best soldiers (unsure if it's Nanoha or someone else) went MIA, so they decide to send a lot of feelers for info on where said person is, eventually leading them to the Grail Works LTD. Of course, due to circumstances, the TSAB ends up contracting the Grail Works while Kurai is out of the office... so someone else has to locate the missing soldier. This leads them to the world of Angel Beats.

...no idea how the story will go from there on, of course, but still!
    Seems reasonable so far . . .

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Thanks for understanding, Kieran.

In any case, I'm sure I can work more on the idea as long as I have the opportunity to do so.

Blog Entries
    ...so much for me working on the idea all this time. I need to get back on track.

Anyway, Kieran, how goes your development status on Kurai and him being "Fate's Chew Toy?"

Blog Entries
    Still working on it; oddly enough, I have settings in mind, but difficulty deciding on whom to partner him with (and how to arrange it, depending on who it is) . . .

Regardless, I'd like to finish "Trinity" first - I'm so close by now . . .

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    I can imagine, yeah. Still, my problem in working on my side is due primarily to lack of knowing what happens between when your character is properly introduced (this time) and the second/third/fourth story in Kurai's adventures... you know what I mean?

As far as Trinity... no comment. Sorry about that.

Blog Entries
    I do, but until I figure them out, I can't do you much good.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    I understand... well, hope you can work on the Grail Works LTD stuff soon, man. It's gonna be lonely without your input on what goes where.

...maybe, in this case, you could edit Crisis of Fayth when you get a new plan for your SI? Just a thought.

Speaking of edits... maybe we should figure out about what the timeline will be like from the beginning onward. As it stands, at least one of the writers went AWOL while in the middle of writing his story, and most of the others are AWOL without having written stories. pureauthor is one of the only authors on the forum who still writes for this setting, but we need to know when and where things go, so to speak. Are you up for writing up a timeline of events, Kieran, or do you need someone else to do it with the new rendition of the Works?

Blog Entries
    ...and I just realized something important (for me). It'll be my birthday tomorrow (I'm on the West Coast of the USA). I'd better write up a post or something in relation to this when I get the chance tomorrow.