Page 1 of 159 12361151101 ... LastLast

Thread: A Type-Moon Faction is Beast's Lair!

A Type-Moon Faction is Beast's Lair!

Based roughly on this concept.

The theory runs something like this.

The members of the Beast's Lair get sucked into the Type-Moon universe. Not just a handful. Not just a dozen. All of them.

The active ones anyway. Which, as of my writing this, stands at over five hundred. That's a lot, isn't it?

However, even numbers don't mean a lot against some of the nastier critters on this world. Fortunately, you have some time before you are all forced to integrate with the greater magical communities. For the next three years, you will be confined to a single (former) magi facility. It's been rendered (mostly) safe for you to inhabit, while you learn and teach yourselves what you can about the world you are now in.

At the end of that period, you will be re-integrated with the world, and from there, it is up to you to choose what to pursue. Howeverr, there is strength in numbers, and this moonlit world isn't exactly safe. And this assumes you aren't all brutally murdered by a comrade who decided go Dead Apostle on your asses before you even have a choice to leave.

Anyway, I'm interested in feedback right now. Who'd be interested, ideas for plot, that sort of thing.

I'm also asking for opinions on the specifics of how we should tie this thing together. For example:

What year should it be in the Type-Moon Timeline?

This is important, because it lets us establish a degree to which we can either take advantage of past events, or interfere in more present ones.

The Date will be in 1995.

Where should the 'Base' be?

Putting the Base, which needs a proper name, in Japan since all the 'major' plots happen there, is a good idea. Especially as it moves us further outside the circles of the power-houses like the Church and the Clock Tower. At the same time, there's good logic in setting up near the Clock Tower, and seeking to enter the Association. Of course, that has it's own dangers.

The Lair is in Japan, underneath Mt. Fuji.

Do we want to do resource management?

While it's all very fine for the rich and dandy looking mages from the Clock Tower to not have gainful employment, magic kinda costs money. As does food and electricity. While we could just handwave it away, finding ways to earn money to pay for stuff, or going on quests to collect rare materials could be pretty interesting ways of adding some meat to the plot.

Co-GM?

The Nasu-verse is not my strongest subject. I wouldn't mind help putting together responses and figuring out whether or not something should be possible of not.

Anywho, I supose I should explain how gameplay for this would work. We're looking at role-play segments, broken up by time skips. One lists what they want to work on and study for, say, a three month long period. The GM rolls his dice, thinks about the feasability of what's happening, and gives a response as to the successes and/or failures of the attempt. I'll admit, that the initial bits are probably going to be kind of boring. Then again, it's the prologue. Stick with it, and eventually we'll emerge into the moonlit world. Whether or not we'll live for very long beyond that, we'll see.

So, yeah. Anyone interested in playing this, or helping me flesh it out for a proper game?

Co-GMs have been selected.

EDIT

General Format:

The IC thread’s first three posts will be GM and Co-GM Posts, revealing the players that they are responsible for. Co-GMs may manage their posts as they see fit, however it is recommended that they at least compile basic data for their players there. Co-GMs will be managed by the primary GM to enforce fairness.

After that, the players may post IC. Their initial posts should contain some general character information. Character name, age, appearance, that sort of thing. Something to help people visualize. The actual role-playing bit should be, initially, just a personal reaction to the strange new place you’ve found yourselves in, along with inter-character interaction.

Once the players have got that done, they can also put their ‘plans’ for the first week up. Three things they’re going to try and do, or figure out. Also, for the sake of keeping the time-line relatively clear here, if everybody could label the time period of their posts, so we could keep things straight, that’d be cool. For example, just put a bold WEEK 1 at the top of your post. That way, if people are still talking when we get into week 2, we can keep it straight.

After the first ‘round’ has been completed, the Co-GM’s and I will put together a general information post. Think of it like a news bulletin, that describes the general state of affairs at the Base. From there, we’ll do another couple of week-long increments, until we hit a level where things are relatively stable. Then, we’ll move forward in bigger chunks, until we hit the next relevant chunk of plot.

Which, for reference’s sake, happens at the One Year mark.

PLAYER SLOTS.
    GM-Shaderic
    Co-GM: LeopardBear

GROUP 1: GM Responsible: Shaderic

1: Fangstrike
    2: Usandru
    3: Enigmatic Fellow
    4: AlfheimWanderer (Co-GM)
    5: Yun (Co-GM)

Group 2: GM Responsible: LeopardBear

6: Lianru
    7: Optimus
    8: Elyrin
    9: Airen
    10: Satehi

Group 3: GM Responsible: AlfheimWanderer

11: Zlol365
    12: Ace
    13: Froggie
    14: Sei
    15: Blackdeath6031
    16: Deviatesfish

Group 4: GM Responsible: Yun

17: 2ndsly
    18: RacingR
    19: Chaosgreyblood
    20: Bloble
    21: Drakon136

Waiting List

-1:KnightTurtle
    -2:Esgalia
    -3: Dis Laplace
    Last edited by Shaderic; December 1st, 2011 at 09:29 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, the concept sounds decent, but the idea of all the BL members being sucked in is likely to cause problems, because it means people can justifiably drag in other forumites as NPCs, and that person might not be too happy about how they're portrayed.

As for the time, it depends somewhat on what we wish to do. Are people likely to want to fix the various problems early (in which case around the time of the birth of the various MCs would be a good idea for our arrival), or will we want to deal with the actual characters theirselves? However, prior to the beginning of Tsukihime would probably be a sensible choice, because it means you don't need to choose a route to follow, and consequentially you don't limit who players can interact with and what they can do (plus you avoid the argument about which route to choose, especially with FSN).

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blackdeath6031's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Well, the concept sounds decent, but the idea of all the BL members being sucked in is likely to cause problems, because it means people can justifiably drag in other forumites as NPCs, and that person might not be too happy about how they're portrayed.
    In which case couldn't the one who was wrongly portrayed announce that the NPC is a wrong representation of him, and thus was actually someone else, and the person who dragged him in was mistaken?

...Bleh, English...failing today.. ;w;

Blog Entries
    A little bit of what Mike said.

My main concern is that if we're talking about everyone as "forumites" being sucked into Nasuverse, we'd all either:

a.Goof off.
    b. Destroy the fourth wall
    c. Argue over power levels, this, and that
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

When in doubt, nuke it 'til it glows xelloss's Avatar
    This is going to be... interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
    “Correct! It is never appropriate to sell your daughter, you insufferable jackass.” Kariya said.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sei View Post

My main concern is that if we're talking about everyone as "forumites" being sucked into Nasuverse, we'd all either:

a.Goof off.
    You got a point there.

Cool stuff. I supportz this.

IF EVERYTHING IS OP, THEN MAKE EVERYONE OP TO MAKE IT BALANCED!
    /inb4 i get sniped for weird logic.

Calling all ARTISTS AND SPRITE ARTISTS + XML EDITORS:

Best quote ever
    [22:49] <KnightTurtle> i am a hard M
    [22:49] <KnightTurtle> there is no shame

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdeath6031 View Post
    In which case couldn't the one who was wrongly portrayed announce that the NPC is a wrong representation of him, and thus was actually someone else, and the person who dragged him in was mistaken?

...Bleh, English...failing today.. ;w;
    No, because then they'd have to state who it actually was. And, if someone gets portrayed as a raging Sakura fanboy, I very much doubt that it can be seen as anyone but me, even if the portrayal itself is horribly inaccurate....

Quote Originally Posted by Sei View Post

a.Goof off.
    Well, we'd likely argue a lot over what to do. Most of us who actually care about the characters probably have goals which are not mutually exclusive, though....

And, whilst some people would indeed "goof off", a lot wouldn't. There are a huge bunch of characters in the Nasuverse who need help of some kind, and most of us care enough about at least one of them to go out of our way to fix their issues.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, we'd likely argue a lot over what to do. Most of us who actually care about the characters probably have goals which are not mutually exclusive, though....
    Those who care about more than one character aren't going to have that many problems. Those that care about one at the detriment of the others.... well, that's not going to end pretty.

Then again, I would probably care more about my own survival than about characters I have no chance to meet from my point of view.

quotes
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR View Post
    Those who care about more than one character aren't going to have that many problems. Those that care about one at the detriment of the others.... well, that's not going to end pretty.
    Well, fortunately, I do care about more than one character. I just care about Sakura more. And, unless some moron decides to try to hurt Sakura, I don't see any issue there, honestly. I'm not going to kill Rin or anything like that.

Then again, I would probably care more about my own survival than about characters I have no chance to meet from my point of view.
    Well, here you can meet them.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Almost the same on my end.

I'd still would like to interact with characters freely.
    Though entering combat without any personal, practical experience would be the worst possible idea orz.

Blog Entries
    Oh man. No strikes against you Shade, but we all probably can't get along well enough for this to work properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Yeah, what LB said. We could conceivably separate in teams or factions, but once the situation of Fuyuki happens, we'll come to blows and direct combat, specially when it comes to pushing Shirou into a route or the other.

quotes
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Oh man. No strikes against you Shade, but we all probably can't get along well enough for this to work properly.
    Unless we split into camps?

...That'd make things harder anyway. orz

EDIT: Sniped by Race X_x

Blog Entries
    However, even numbers don't mean a lot against some of the nastier critters on this world. Fortunately, you have some time before you are all forced to integrate with the greater magical communities. For the next three years, you will be confined to a single (former) magi facility. It's been rendered (mostly) safe for you to inhabit, while you learn and teach yourselves what you can about the world you are now in.
    So are we pretty much starting off powerless and building ourselves up? :/
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, what LB said. We could conceivably separate in teams or factions, but once the situation of Fuyuki happens, we'll come to blows and direct combat, specially when it comes to pushing Shirou into a route or the other.
    Well, I'll just be chilling in Mifune with Alf, but yeah, this.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, I certainly intend to free Sakura well before that point if possible, and I don't intend to force the story down the HF route specifically because that means a bunch of people dying (although I would, of course, like to pair Shirou with Sakura)....

As for whether we end up fighting each other, it depends if we can come up with a solution which satisfies everyone. We know we can save three servants, in theory at least, but whether that's enough is another matter....

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well, I certainly intend to free Sakura well before that point if possible, and I don't intend to force the story down the HF route specifically because that means a bunch of people dying (although I would, of course, like to pair Shirou with Sakura)....
    Beware of Shirou dense tiemz :<

Blog Entries
    (although I would, of course, like to pair Shirou with Sakura)
    That's where the problem will come, and I am pretty sure blood is going to rain with that xD.

quotes

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdeath6031 View Post
    Beware of Shirou dense tiemz :<
    Well, yeah, lol.

That's where the problem will come, and I am pretty sure blood is going to rain with that xD.
    Why?

Killing each other over who we think Shirou should be paired with is pretty damn extreme....