DISCLAIMER: Lunar Legend Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night, and all related characters and concepts are the creation and property of Kinoko Nasu and Type-Moon. No monies are generated, or intended to be, from this unauthorised use of said properties.

Legacies of Fate - Prelude

Where did it all begin? When did it all become inevitable? Which event locked these chains into place?

The heartfelt wish of a young girl to preserve that which she cherishes.

We made the decisions we thought were best, even the ones we didn’t want to. Was there another way? A better way?

The unyielding determination of a lost soul to find a rightful place.

Can everything that happened be blamed on the choices of free will, or the whims of random chance? Are human desire and blind luck truly powerful enough to bring about such a situation?

A meeting that could never happen, and did.

Is it even right to blame ourselves? Should we lay that burden on the ones who came before us, instead? Does the responsibility for the present lie with those who exist in it, or those who created it?

When the secrets of the past threaten to destroy the future . . .

I don’t know. Even now, with everything I’ve seen and done, I can’t say whether or not we are all responsible for our own actions, or merely prisoners of fate. But I’ve lived my life believing that determination can succeed where even hope fails - and I still do.

. . . The only salvation may lie in the impossible.

I’ll keep my promise to you, because I said I would - and because I love you.

The eternal war continues . . .

Goodbye.