Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Thorns Chronicles [Co-Written w/ Elf]

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As for the actual Thorns here, first bit of the prologue was done a couple days ago, so when we do the other half I'll edit it all up and paste it in the introductory post. Depends on how busy (or lack thereof) Elfy is as she and Road prepare for the move.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Blog Entries
    Yay, awesome.
    Actually just the little comments here make me realise how different Shirou and Shiki are.

A gem i have found here, I say with no little doubt. I eagerly wait for more and hope with my heart of hearts that you fully commit yourself to this possibly legendary project in the making.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Forest? As in "of Einnashe"? The vampire forest that grew when a vampire got staked in the middle of it and the trees drank his blood?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    No, "Forest" as in Elf's character from the stories that she writes....

Nop, just Forest, a (correct me if I'm wrong, Elf) scottish(sp?) female vampire from Elf's stories.
    Last edited by Ergast; November 28th, 2011 at 08:59 PM.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Scotland as in from Scotland? Then it's Scottish.
    Spoiler:
    As a general rule I hold no opinions that I have not been paid to hold.
    I am now a beta, so if you need help with a story feel free to ask.

Words of wisdom from ItsaRandomUsername:
    "Pssh, with proper writing almost anything can be logical. If it can work believably, then there's no reason why it shouldn't.
    Please note the keywords: "proper" and "almost". Bad storytelling mixed with nonsensical couplings are the drunk-driving of literature."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiam View Post
    Nothing helps you mature more than a little murder, especially in the Nasuverse.
    We are Beast's Lair!
    Derailer among derailers!
    Look upon the continuity of thy threads ye mighty, and DESPAIR!

Fix'd, thanks.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Your welcome.
    Spoiler:
    As a general rule I hold no opinions that I have not been paid to hold.
    I am now a beta, so if you need help with a story feel free to ask.

Words of wisdom from ItsaRandomUsername:
    "Pssh, with proper writing almost anything can be logical. If it can work believably, then there's no reason why it shouldn't.
    Please note the keywords: "proper" and "almost". Bad storytelling mixed with nonsensical couplings are the drunk-driving of literature."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiam View Post
    Nothing helps you mature more than a little murder, especially in the Nasuverse.
    We are Beast's Lair!
    Derailer among derailers!
    Look upon the continuity of thy threads ye mighty, and DESPAIR!

Blog Entries
    The Prologue is finished and up as the initial post. It's basically split up into two part, and I hope you all enjoy it!

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Interesting . . .
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle B.B. Rain's Avatar
    I'm assuming the chipmunk-voice girl is Rin? That's gonna make for a tangle in the HGW, assuming Forest and Satsuki don't show up or ripple-effect things in the Lancer/Saber-Summon portion.

Is this based on any specific Route, before the ripple effect altered it?

Blog Entries
    Whoa. A Satsuki story.

Following this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by B.B. Rain View Post
    I'm assuming the chipmunk-voice girl is Rin? That's gonna make for a tangle in the HGW, assuming Forest and Satsuki don't show up or ripple-effect things in the Lancer/Saber-Summon portion.

Is this based on any specific Route, before the ripple effect altered it?
    Yes, the chipmunk-voiced girl is Rin. As for why she and Kirei are trying to kill them, remember that they are vampires (one DA, one our common myth even though no one knows that) and both Kirei and Rin are responsible for dealing with them. Kirei because he's part of the Church, and Rin because she's the city's guardian.

As for a ripple-effect, there will of course be some just by Forest and Satsuki being there, but as to any serious ones up to the point where Saber is summoned...everyone will just have to wait and see.

As for a route, the base idea sprung mostly from UBW, but there will be bits in from all three. There's a certain purple-head that won't be ignored, for one.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Can I just speculate that Forest will hook up with Archer? Because I'm getting some foreshadowing vibes from her talk with Sacchin in the first chapter.

Wait why do I even need to provide any evidence other than that it's co-written with Elf. Of course Archer will hook up with someone.

Blog Entries
    Heheh, I was wondering if someone was going to ask that question, and was hoping that they would answer it at the same time.

And of course since Elf is in on this, I'm sure you can all predict something else that will be in here. At least, I'm fairly certain that it will be.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratosirving View Post
    Yes, the chipmunk-voiced girl is Rin. As for why she and Kirei are trying to kill them, remember that they are vampires (one DA, one our common myth even though no one knows that) and both Kirei and Rin are responsible for dealing with them. Kirei because he's part of the Church, and Rin because she's the city's guardian.
    Well, that does make sense, although I'm a little surprised that Rin has got involved if they're not actually harming anyone. But, then, I guess that being a DA is enough to essentially condemn you, since they outright need blood to live.

As for a route, the base idea sprung mostly from UBW, but there will be bits in from all three.
    That makes sense. It's definitely going to be interesting to see Rin gradually come to realise that Forest is actually a good guy....

There's a certain purple-head that won't be ignored, for one.
    Well, that's good to hear. It makes sense, though, because with Forest around it's hard for her to miss what's going on (she latched on to Sacchin's suffering easily enough).

Also, has Forest "turned" Sacchin yet? After all, her form of vampire seems much better than Sacchin's form (super strength and abilities with far fewer drawbacks). Or, is it not possible due to her being a DA?

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Can I just speculate that Forest will hook up with Archer? Because I'm getting some foreshadowing vibes from her talk with Sacchin in the first chapter.

Wait why do I even need to provide any evidence other than that it's co-written with Elf. Of course Archer will hook up with someone.
    Well, she's done Archer x Forest before, not that that's necessarily going to stop her here....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Also, has Forest "turned" Sacchin yet? After all, her form of vampire seems much better than Sacchin's form (super strength and abilities with far fewer drawbacks). Or, is it not possible due to her being a DA?
    Forest can't turn Sacchin to be like her kind of vampire. I can't give an exact reason why not since Elf's the one to ask about that, but suffice it to say that Sacchin will remain a DA.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratosirving View Post
    Forest can't turn Sacchin to be like her kind of vampire. I can't give an exact reason why not since Elf's the one to ask about that, but suffice it to say that Sacchin will remain a DA.
    Ah, OK.

Does that mean that Sacchin is doomed in the long-term, then, or is she OK as long as Forest continues to feed her blood on a regular basis?

Blog Entries
    Sacchin isn't going to feed on Forest on a regular basis here, only for emergencies because Forest's blood is special. I'll either ask Elf to clarify that later, or we'll do so in upcoming chapters and such.

For Sacchin's regular diet, she'll be fine on normal human blood, just not from live humans. The agreement mentioned back in the prologue that Sacchin had with Shiki and Ciel will be brought up later as well.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler: