Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: Grill War/Reloaded

Replication?

Choose your Guild,
    Join the DARK SIDE!!!

I'm sorry to say I've found I can't RP. I just can't trust myself to stick around long enough.

Do you feel like a hero yet? Soldat der Trauer's Avatar
    A world that never was, a dream that might yet be.
    @2ndsly: Each twin had one. And their skills/NPs allowed them to theoretically build more...

Oh my. I feel a bit faint. Their Casters had a higher STR rank than mine???
    Let the victor...be justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.

Blog Entries
    The blades were more like Sasaki's in that they never had any legend of their own and are susceptible to being broke or bent through wear and tear.

@Milbunk: ? They're NPs, though. The very definition of an NP is that it has something behind it. Age, legend, mystery, concept.

And you had greater STR than me!

Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.

Blog Entries
    The gunsword wasn't a NP I just listed it under skills so we could show are main weapon, we also have another skill but I won't release that one.

As for the strength Lotus never told us that lol.

That dirty bastard nerfed my physical parameters for no reason then oh my god I'm going to hunt him down.

Blog Entries
    I liked the idea of twin Casters, but I know the very concept is OP. So what if we half all their stats and ranks, and make it so that while one is wielding/making a NP, the another cannot do so unless the first NP is put away/destroyed?

@Brynhilde: So how does it feel not being bugged for a typewriter anymore?

Blog Entries
    @Sol: Empty. ;_;

I miss my Archer *sulks at the corner*

Blog Entries
    Oh yeah we are perfectly fine with something like that as a nerf. Of course having two Servants for the cost of one would be OP so something like that would only make sense.

@Milbunk or Lethum: Would you still be keeping the gunblades???

I want one...

Blog Entries
    Well obviously we aren't going to use the same Servant since I just showed the whole profile so who knows. Also did you have any questions on Iya, I might as well clarify what I can.

@Milbunk: That Strength. What.

Blog Entries
    Well (And I'm going to try to justify this so it will prolly end up in epic fail.) Iya was from a time long before Gil even walked the earth, in fact she even gave Gil most of his fantastic treasure. Back then there were other more powerful races fighting against humans for control of the earth which led Iya to call for aid from the future and receive fantastic weapons which eventually defeated said beings. Because they did have neither the numbers or technology at first they had to rely on brute force to get things done which is where the basis of her strength comes in. Does that make any sense?

...Aren't most examples of futuristic weapons ranged, though? STR reflects the damage output caused by the person's own body, at close quarters, I thought.

Blog Entries
    Yeah which is why in the early days of mans survival they had to rely less on technology and more on the strength stat which is why the ranking is that high. The + counts in the reinforcement bonus that she may get from her NP's ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldat der Trauer View Post
    ...Aren't most examples of futuristic weapons ranged, though? STR reflects the damage output caused by the person's own body, at close quarters, I thought.
    Gunblades are big and heavy IIRC?
    Trapped within my fierce desire, resistance is futile. Screaming for your life, nowhere to hide,
    Tonight we cross the line, your innocence is mine!

Blog Entries
    Also what Dark said.

@DarkMAN: Not necessarily, though sword sizes and the muscle strength to wield them are ridiculous in Final Fantasy. For example, Velvet Nightmare-model gunblades are basically long-barreled pistols; their size and weight seems w/i reasonable bounds.

Also the STR stat doesn't actually reflect physical strength, like how much one can lift.

Blog Entries
    @ Bryn: Totally on board.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?