Page 1 of 21 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Grill War/Reloaded

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code

Grill War/Reloaded

Once upon a time, the legendary Holy Grill was the most coveted artifact in all BL. Magi from across the world flocked to obtain the great wish-granting device, and Servants from beyond imagination were summoned to do battle. Unfortunately, those who decided to enter the Moonlit World were overcome by the wonders held within, and lost sight of their goals. The magical might of the Holy Grill built up, and then faded, doomed to never be put to use.

...yes, this is all you get! No, you are not getting a more serious first post, but there will be stuff here eventually, so pay attention.

Anyway, if anyone has somehow not figured out what this is yet, this RP as an attempted(soon to fail!) reboot of the original Grill War, now with 150% more plot.

Stuff you need to know:
    • I am GM. Fear me.
    • I would prefer to avoid multiple Servants for one class. We'll see how it goes. Spots for non-Servant/Master PCs will be available.
    • For those of you who are reading this and don't know what the Grill War is, the premise is simple. Make yourself a magus, servant, or even a badass normal, and hop into a Grail War to see fun stuff happen!
    • I will not bother with silly numbers and points and such for Servant profiles. Do whatever you want for your Servant sheets, but if you are determined to be broken, prepare for nerfs.
    • Master stat stuff will come soonish. Expect to be badass. Depending on affinity, a Master might have a chance at beating Kotomine, who knows~ Master stuff is now here. Change of plans, anyone expecting to beat Kotomine in a straight fight is going to be disappointed.
    • We will be using a system similar to GW2's, letting you skip through the day(or night, if it's quiet) if you get actions approved by the GM.
    • As I mentioned earlier, there will be a plot this time. You'll have to wait and see if you want to know.
    • Grill War I Berserker will be running around, as will a few other people. Prepare yourselves.
    Master Stats

The stats are STR, END, AGI, MGI(magical ability), PRA. We will do what GW1 did, and use the silly Nasuverse letter system. Avoid giving your skills letter ranks like Servants have, unless they directly correspond to a Servant skill(don't expect anything very high if that is the case), Ranks for spells are optional, but will help in finding approximate powerlevels.

E is equivalent to average human for physical stats. Circuit count is merely average for a magus, and relying purely on Od for spells is unlikely to work. Magical ability is limited to the basics.
    D is above-average for physical stats. Circuit count could be better. Magical ability is sufficient for a few spells.
    C is well above-average for physical stats, nearing peak human. Magical ability allows for either a variety of spells, or a more powerful focus. Circuit count is somewhat above average.
    B is beyond what a mundane human is capable of physically. Magical ability is excellent, and the magus may know spells with multiple verses. Circuit count and quality are superior.
    A in physical stats is sufficient to hold off FSN!Kotomine. Circuit count and quality are top-class, and casting ability allows for spells nearing High Thaumaturgy.

You start at E in a stat. One point gives you a +, and a second point gets you to rank D. Everyone gets 21 points to spend. A PRA Rank of B is required for a Mad Enhanced Berserker, or pain begins to happen. Those with PRA E can only support Assassin or Archer, and prana regeneration will be limited. Soul-eating can compensate for a lower prana rank in most cases, if the Servant is willing.

Blue names are those with finished profiles, but remember I may have another look at them later.

Masters:
    • Enigmatic, Master of Lethum
    • Satehi, master of Acesu
    • Airen, Master of Racin
    • Bryn, Master of Leo
    • Sir Morm, master of Turtlezerker
    • BD, Master of Neir
    Servants:
    • KnightTurtle, Berserker
    • Lethum - Saber
    • Leo, Rider
    • RacingeR, Lancer
    • Acesu, Archer
    • zlol, Lancer
    • Neir, Saber
    Other People
    • 2ndsly
    NPCs
    Kotomine Kirei

Strength: E
    Agility: D
    Endurance: D
    Prana: E
    Luck: D

You may be surprised to see Kotomine's stats so low. The answer is simply that he is too amazing for your puny Master stats. Masters should not expect to beat him alone, although two working together could do it.

Skills
    Battle Continuation, Rank A
    • Through strength of mind and body, Kotomine Kirei is able to ignore wounds he recieves and fight on regardless of injuries. As long as his willpower allows it, he will remain unhindered by even the most terrible of wounds, and will stay alive until recieving a clearly fatal blow.
    Bravery, Rank C
    • Kotomine Kirei's willpower is stronger than any steel, and he will not be intimidated even by the likes of Servants. Mid-level mental interference is mostly useless, and high-level interference is weakened somewhat.
    Chinese Martial Arts, Rank A
    • Kotomine Kirei possesses master-level skill in the art of Bajiquan, a style which focuses on explosive, short-range power. Without using his full strength, he is capable of crushing a man's chest cavity and destroying several internal organs with one punch.
    Projectile, Rank C
    • Ability with thrown weapons, specifically the Black Keys used by the Church. At this level, a normal human will be unable to dodge Kirei's attacks, and direct hits are capable of harming Servants.
    Magecraft, Rank C-
    • Knowledge and skill with various forms of magecraft. Kotomine Kirei has excellent knowledge of numerous forms of orthodox thaumaturgy, although his skill with the majority is rather lacking. He specializes in physical reinforcement, spiritual surgery, and the use of sacraments.
    Last edited by Elyrin; January 1st, 2012 at 02:43 PM.
    <Satehi> thank you based admin of justice, he/she who doth bring forward the true gospel

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Okay!

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    :3

By the way, Lethum/Milbunk, I am almost definitely going to say no to the Casters you were using in GW1. Two servants for the price of one, you knew Gil in life and have specifically anti-Gil spells... yeah, no.
    <Satehi> thank you based admin of justice, he/she who doth bring forward the true gospel

As American as a foreign immigrant EnigmaticFellow's Avatar
    I come here once again to claim the spot of Assassin's master.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that
    His fate as the most powerful Servant is to steamroll every war he takes part in.

Somehow, he manages to defy all odds and deny this fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    If only I could be respected without having to be respectable.

What Fate/Stay Night character are you?
    Kotomine Kirei
    You are Kirei. You've always been a little different from the rest. You probably have low social skills. Whatever, it's not like what they think matters anyway. Ever searching for something missing within you, you probably don't experience the same happiness as everyone else. Good and evil are just labels, you are who you are.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I will be a Servant. I will probably manage Gil again if nobody gets me as a Servant, though.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Do you feel like a hero yet? Soldat der Trauer's Avatar
    A world that never was, a dream that might yet be.
    I remain a False Assassin.
    Let the victor...be justice.

Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Soldat, if you intend to be the same Assassin you need to send me your profile immediately dammit.

Preferably in a doc or something so you can fit it all in one PM.

Still interested.

@Elyrin: Wait up, I got to find the file.

Also:
    >Brynhilde: If Hero remains Servant Archer, she'll be his Master again. If he isn't, she wanted to be Servant Rider.
    >Airen: Master (of Avenger (aka RacingeR), or random assignment), or possibly a mundane. Tentative enrollment.
    >Ace: Maybe Servant Rider if Leopard or someone else doesn't take it.
    Last edited by Soldat der Trauer; November 29th, 2011 at 01:00 AM.

Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH---!!!!!! DreamsRequiem's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    ...this is like the third one. I expect that the Holy Grill will get cor-*shot*

The Lycopocalypse: Click at your own risk
    FGO NA Support:

IGN: Kurama Satou

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    No, this is the first one. We're just starting over again, to see if it works when we have an actual plot and an actual GM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blackdeath6031's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    ....Oh. So no more spots, huh.

*stops lurking*

yarite

As American as a foreign immigrant EnigmaticFellow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdeath6031 View Post
    ....Oh. So no more spots, huh.

*stops lurking*

yarite
    Don't worry, there will be spots since not everyone is returning. Besides, even if all the spots are filled, there's other positions to choose from.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that
    His fate as the most powerful Servant is to steamroll every war he takes part in.

Somehow, he manages to defy all odds and deny this fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    If only I could be respected without having to be respectable.

What Fate/Stay Night character are you?
    Kotomine Kirei
    You are Kirei. You've always been a little different from the rest. You probably have low social skills. Whatever, it's not like what they think matters anyway. Ever searching for something missing within you, you probably don't experience the same happiness as everyone else. Good and evil are just labels, you are who you are.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hm...forbidding poor Iya (the real name of that Caster) from participating. Hmpf. So mean~

Then...I have a Saber idea, so please reserve that spot for now.

^^Like being Raiza and controlling Fuyuki's yakuza! :3

GOING IN.

Calling all ARTISTS AND SPRITE ARTISTS + XML EDITORS:

Best quote ever
    [22:49] <KnightTurtle> i am a hard M
    [22:49] <KnightTurtle> there is no shame

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blackdeath6031's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zlol365 View Post
    GOING IN.
    Possibly this.

The only Saber Clone that matters Ace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat der Trauer View Post
    @Elyrin: Wait up, I got to find the file.

Also:
    >Brynhilde: If Hero remains Servant Archer, she'll be his Master again. If he isn't, she wanted to be Servant Rider.
    >Airen: Master (of Avenger (aka RacingeR), or random assignment), or possibly a mundane. Tentative enrollment.
    >Ace: Maybe Servant Rider if Leopard or someone else doesn't take it.
    I think I remember hero saying something on IRC on how he wouldn't likely join...? Not completely sure about that though.

So just in case I'll take the Lancer class.

That's right.

RPing with Bryn is absolutely awesome, but the premise just doesn't attract me anymore. Not to mention I need time. So yes, I'll pass on this one. Have fun.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    I maintain my spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?