Page 1 of 19 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beast's Lair Wiki

Blog Entries

The Beast's Lair Wiki

Hello fellow BLer's! My name is Milbunk as some of you know and what most of you probably don't know is that I've been stuck in a hole lately. After talking with a pal of mine I thought that this project might be a good idea to both act as a refresher and create some sort of single source where people can get all the information they need about certain things. (Info on characters, links to fics, where to get things, info on BL residents, anything Type-Moon or BL related.) This idea mainly came from my looking over a much older version of this that can be found here: http://beastsindex.pbworks.com/w/pag...3056/FrontPage. Out of respect for that old forum I don't want to edit or change it in any way and instead think that the better idea would be to create a newer version of it.

So what do you guys think of such a project? (Such a thing would probably need more than just one man to get it successfully done and be able to update and run as well so if the idea is accepted I'd love to get a team of people working on it.)

Link to the new wiki is here: http://beastslairwiki.pbworks.com/w/...9955/FrontPage
    Last edited by Milbunk; December 2nd, 2011 at 11:30 AM.

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    those links are busted mil, on the site or whatever.
    http://forums.darksidemoon.net

come join us, Darksidemoon is a new forum for discussion of all things tm

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

Blog Entries
    Yeah that just goes to show how old that wiki really is, which is one of the reasons I think we should create a newer more up to date one.

The last update was 5 years ago.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    This...might be a cool thing.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Yeah my hope is that it might help strength the community and provide a good place for finding information.

Blog Entries
    Or what's actually going to happen is going to happen and we argue too much about what to put in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Yes I know that is why we will have a leader to keep things stable and going. If you don't want to contribute anything nice then don't bother contributing is a good way to put it.

Blog Entries
    Not really the point I'm making: more like canon is controversial enough that it would be 3 lines long.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    All we will be doing is showing the information we have not telling them what is right or wrong.

I have a sneaking suspicion most of it would be fuyuki wiki and Complete Material 3 copypasta.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milbunk View Post
    All we will be doing is showing the information we have not telling them what is right or wrong.
    Uh... and that's useful... sorry, doesn't make sense to me.

Blog Entries
    And then there was Dartz.
    But really, not too bad an idea, since the TM Wiki is kind of notorious for fail.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    I have a sneaking suspicion most of it would be fuyuki wiki and Complete Material 3 copypasta.
    Ditto.

Or we could make it a info hub that leads to all the primary sources we have atm which is pretty much fuyuki, CM, and the translation subforum anyways.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milbunk View Post
    Yes I know that is why we will have a leader to keep things stable and going. If you don't want to contribute anything nice then don't bother contributing is a good way to put it.
    And who would be that "leader"? Who can we agree on to decide what counts as "canon"? I mean, if you're doing a wiki, surely you need articles on characters like Sakura, and on HF, and even if you're trying to be "neutral" it's very hard to avoid letting your bias show through.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    And who would be that "leader"? Who can we agree on to decide what counts as "canon"? I mean, if you're doing a wiki, surely you need articles on characters like Sakura, and on HF, and even if you're trying to be "neutral" it's very hard to avoid letting your bias show through.
    Pretty much why this is a bad idea. Plus, if we're actually trying to get better information out, best thing to do would be to improve TMWiki, not make a new one that doesn't get on searches.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    I agree. If we handle it like we handle BL, the articles on you and Sakura are going to be 5 times longer than any others, and there will be at least 5 edits on them per day.

Blog Entries
    lol
    I definitely agree.
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Pretty much why this is a bad idea. Plus, if we're actually trying to get better information out, best thing to do would be to improve TMWiki, not make a new one that doesn't get on searches.
    Tmwiki is a lost cause.

Blog Entries
    Is it now.
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes.