Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When It's Spring Again (HF Normal, AU)(Rin, Sakura)(One-shot)

Worried Soul That Watches Larekko12's Avatar
    This is nice.
    Then let it break, if it shatters to pieces then forge an even better blade to take in hand. Should that blade crack then forge once again, untill the battlefield is a graveyard of blades that have fallen and but a single sword claims the field that embodies the world. Let that sword bear the world untill its time comes and time blows its dust to the winds. Then forge again.---Eric Dagger

you seem to be really good with bittersweet stories(that have emphasis on the "sweet" part).

man, I wish I could get that chapter 3 out but I lose focus and is distracted by the internet.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Aww, just... aww....

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries

[Sign: You almost made me shed manly tears... ALMOST, it was so close.

Oh, I favorited the story in FF.net]
    Last edited by Gabriulio; December 2nd, 2011 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Minor spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, it did make me shed "manly tears", so....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    I think it's the part where she describes her actions as pretending it was a game beam. thing is sakura never thought that. she simply couldn't get past her guilt, she knew shirou wouldn't come back. that's the problem here
    Well, she does apparently admit it to herself (after a bit, where she acts exactly as she does in this fic), but I read her as later slipping back into that 'game' idea, or whatever, because of these lines:

I don't think you can deny that she knows he's dead, but here she comes off as not at all wanting to admit it, hiding from what she knows is true. Thence, beam's interpretation (and mine).

Um. Actually, thought about this a bit more, I suppose you can also read this as her wanting to die (viz. Shirō 'appearing' when she dies, the next line saying "I hope I can be healthy until that day"). Yay, even more tragic!

Anyway, great work, beam. Very powerful.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, Sakura knows on an intellectual level that Shirou is dead and isn't coming back, but in HF Normal she never truly accepts it, hence why she's waiting around his house, growing flowers and saying things like that. So, I don't think that what she's saying here is really all that far off the truth.

She does treat it like a "game", and whilst she knows in her heart of hearts that Shirou isn't coming back, she does still seem to cling to some small hope that, if she prays hard enough and keeps waiting, he will come back. And, she does seem to almost treat it like a game of hide and seek (indeed, if you watch the initial bit of the ending, she does genuinely think Shirou is "hiding" at first). Possibly it's a little off, but I don't think it's that unrealistic, and given how sweet and heartwarming this is, I can definitely overlook it....

夜魔 Nightmare
    This is the most unsmith thing I have read in a while :>

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Unsmith? What does that mean...?

Blog Entries
    From a series of emoticons on the Something Awful boards, I believe (presumably Troika normally visits there/learned his/her internet habits there). As to what that particular variation on the theme is, I don't recall. Possibly one with a sad/bittersweet smile.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

A very beautiful tale.

"Those who say it can not be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
    -- Chinese Proverb

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nice job, Beam!

Keep it up ^^.

This... is why I read.

Choose your Guild,
    Join the DARK SIDE!!!

I'm sorry to say I've found I can't RP. I just can't trust myself to stick around long enough.

夜魔 Nightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    From a series of emoticons on the Something Awful boards, I believe (presumably Troika normally visits there/learned his/her internet habits there). As to what that particular variation on the theme is, I don't recall. Possibly one with a sad/bittersweet smile.
    More or less correct, I am indeed an SA goon.

To quote from the SAclopedia topic about it:

The Tale of Smith was a GBS MSPaint thread started by Xy Hapu in which he documented, through use of MSPaint, the lifestory of Smith, starting from conception and moving mostly chronologicaly. Smith had a bad life, and any time he found some good or happiness in it, it was snatched from him. Thus, Smith (almost) always wore a look of longsuffering unhappiness. Thread spawned the smiley.
    Unsmith is basically reverse :smith:, as follows:

Also for extremely sad moments that one is too pathetic to kill themselves over.

Dammit! This made me be closer to shed manly tears than anything I've read in the last six months (I would have said years, but ML Alternative is powerful, too). I felt like I have no soul, after reading about so many people sheding a tear. Be it of happiness, of sadness or of a mix of both. Techlology suggestion about music didn't help, either.

And I don't think is that far off, the thing about the game. We know that Sakura didn't accept Shirou's death in HF Normal. That's just an interpretation of how she was doing it, and very good, in my opinion.

Also, "It's pink"...

Rin, never change, please. *chuckles*

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndsly View Post
    This... is why I read.
    Agreed. And oneshots like this one are one of the reasons why I hate when added stories make a bittersweat, or a tragedy ending a happy one by miraculously saving/reviving someone, or making all fine by Deus ex machina.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I was very impressed with Rin here. Using her bluntness to actually knock some sense into Sakura,, rather than making things worse with ill-judged comments....

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Yeah, I was very impressed with Rin here. Using her bluntness to actually knock some sense into Sakura,, rather than making things worse with ill-judged comments....
    Well it is good things worked out as they did. Guess her luck held out this one time.

And while I too think some things feel off here, I am willing at least to let the WAFF override it for now. I was close to tearing up, but then again, that 'off' feeling stopped me. Perhaps, like others said, it was the interpretation.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, yeah, looking back through it, it does seem like Sakura here is less cognitively aware of Shirou being gone than she is in canon. I think the emotional side of it is about right, though. Even though she knew he was gone, she quite clearly never accepted that, and she was most definitely waiting for him to return to the very end of her life. even though if you'd asked her truthfully she'd have admitted that she would need a miracle.

But, then again, when Saber sits around waiting for Shirou to just show up, that's apparently sweet and heartwarming. Mainly because he actually does....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Perhaps, like others said, it was the interpretation.
    A very high possibility. I admit that even to myself, the logic seems a tad OOC for Sakura, but I was mostly basing it off how at certain points in the HF Normal epilogue, she seems to treat the whole thing as a game where if she's patient and waits long enough, Shirou will come out of hiding and be with her again. I do admit it's not the only interpretation one can make about her opinion on things at that point, though.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I don't think you're too far off, although it is definitely a bit over-exaggerated. Although, the bit about her treating it like a "game" comes from the very beginning, before she realised he was even gone. She went around the house looking for him, and assumed he was "hiding" when she couldn't find him.