Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19242728293031 LastLast

Thread: Beast lair forumites, servant style! post your own!

Blog Entries
    All the puns on BL are merely the light from my third phantasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

You love it, the NP

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    All the puns on BL are merely the light from my third phantasm.
    So if I were to (purely hypothetically) make a pun, would it make your NP stronger? Or is it just a sign that your NP is manipulating me?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    So if I were to (purely hypothetically) make a pun, would it make your NP stronger? Or is it just a sign that your NP is manipulating me?
    Dammit.

i feel like that deserves an appropriate answer.

...hmm.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    True name: Tobias/Rapebird/Emohawk
    Class: Joker/Administrator
    Alignment: Lawful Nuetral

Persuasion: D+
    humor: E
    Dedication: C
    Intelligence: D
    Style: EX

Skill list:

Class skills

Independent action Rank (A--)
    Allows for posting and actualization of Administration duties even if not at one's home computer. At this level, the poster is capable of full action without the need for a computer or internet connection to act as an anchor at all, and thus retains full ability to maintain his presence on BL at any time, however, typing and grammatical accuracy decrease because of the inaccuracy of "phone postan"

Authority Figure Rank (A+) True: All posts automatically force a difficult cumulative style and dedication check to avoid the persuasion stat of opposing posters being set at E for 3 rounds. Passing a successful style check will add an additional modifier that degrades the dedication stat by 2.

Restraint Rank (A-) True:
    A self imposed limiter on his powers, this skill restricts the use of Anti-Poster class phantasms unless certain conditions are met. Rapebird's restraint is increased as he additionally volantarily limits use of his powers when intoxicated. However, empirical evidence suggesrs that the restraint skill will significantly weaken if opposing posters taunt him into using his world altering abilities, resulting in a negative modifier.

Personal skills

Open minded: Rank (C) False:
    this skill allows for positive opinions to be formed of negatively viewed characters and negative views of positive ones. additionally, at this level, it is possible to replicate certain skills at rank E (false) for one round by making a dedication check . Eye for art, Eye of the mind, and mental pollution are possible maybe, however it automatically degrades the use of the fanaticism skill. The skill is false because it is not truly built on a desire for equality, but more out of a sense of gamesmanship.

A traditional class skill of the administrator container, however emohawk's rank in this was sufficient to avoid any change to his ability by means of his new class. This skill has weakened slightly due to it no longer being used to imitate the skill "Eye of the Mind."

Eye of the mind rank (C-) true: Allows for the creation of fanfics and fanworks. At this level one is capable of producing average quality works at with a dedication check. Altering scenarios or back grounds is also possible with a style check.

A rare example of a fake skil that became true. For the most part, emohawk's oneshot fanfics were assumed to be the result of skilled use of the open minded trait. However with the completion of fanfic "Illya's castle" it became clear that he had actually trained himself to an extent that possesses this skill. However, due to emohawk's grammatical errors, his fics have a near absolute requirement of the assistance of someone with the skill "eye for art". Thus, the skill recieves a negative modifier.

Long winded: rank (E+++++):
    Allows for much larger arguments with a lower dedication check. however, at this level, if a difficult to pass intelligence check is not also made, the posts will be filled with grammatical errors, losing all bonuses. If the authority figure skill is in play, this skill's effects will improve dramatically, temporarily having the effect of a skill of a much higher rank.

Bi-lingual: rank (E) False:
    This skill would normally allow for the creation of more powerful arguments through use of original source material, however in this case the abilty is merely faked using google translate. No bonuses are initially awarded, however randomly the humor stat may increase by one instead.

Educated: Rank (A)True:
    Formal training allows for the creation of much more firm footing in a conversation or debate. In this case, if the subject is about psychology, Persuasion and Intelligence will both be considered rank A+ for the length of the conversation.

This benefit should have reverted to lower parameters after he lost mod enhancement. However as he has years of additional real world experiance in the field, the effects remain the same and the skill rank has increased.

Elder: rank B --->(X) True:
    A potent skill that would normally confer significant benifits, however this skill is sealed due to being an authority figure

The golden Rule: Rank D --->(X)
    A rare skill that would normally confer significant benefits, however it is sealed due to being an authority figure.

Disengage: Rank A (true)
    Allows for the easy retreat from poorly worded ideas or arguments without penalty. At this level, it is nearly impossible to pin him down. "My god man, it was a joke!"

Interestingly, this skill was reactivated when he became an administrator. There are differing theories for this, however the most prominent is related to the promise rapebird extracted from the gods of BL when he joined their ranks. Rapebird insisted that he be allowed to continue making jokes and puns even when conferred the coveted title of authority figure. as a mod, he may have been leery of doing so, but he apparantly does not have a problem acting as he wishes now that he has ascended to the rank of admin.

Eye of the Taiga: Rank EX (true) A skill unique and yet not, the ability to find a pun in any situation, from the absurd to the macabre. Rapebird has the ability to find material in any conversation. Now, due to his low humor stat, the humor of each individual joke may be low, but with an endless supply and the willingness to use this skill endlessly, emohawk's pun capacity is utterly unmatched and incalculable. Thus the rank is EX. interestingly, long exposure to this skill may result in other posters developing similar habits, dramatically increasing the amout of puns on BL.

Alone this skill, despite its rank, is of little use, but its effects improve one of his skills and his third phantasm.

You love it. Rank B (true) One of the rare divine skills that blurs the line between noble phantasm and skill. After a pun is made, opposing players may attempt defensive rolls to reduce effectiveness. However, this skill allows emohawk to tear aside the layers of protection and reveals the guity pleasures people secretly feel when they read his puns. In so doing, rapebird draws strength from his opponents, sapping their will power and draining it as prana which then fuels his existence. This enhances the style stat.

Because of the effect of his third phantasm in conjunction with this divine technique, there is no longer a way to quantify the unlimited prana boosting rapebird's style. Thus, EX ranked style is achieved.

Noble phantasm(s)

One for the road, a wild night begins: Rank C-(support)

The final sign of Tobias's mutable nature, this noble phantasm makes it is possible that Tobias's style attribute will be randomly substituted in at one of his other stats during rolls. for this reason, even a perfectly executed attack is possible despite his low stats, and defense against much stronger foes is possible. However, due to the nature of this ability, it may not be consciously activated and is occurs randomly, or even against his will, though some theorize the presence of alcohol may increase the chances of activation.

This skill had been sealed by Mod Enhancement, However it seems it has reasserted itself. Due to restraint, emohawk does try not to allow this skill to be used when intoxicated, and thus it earns a negative modifier.

1000 Dead Food Puppets: Rank EX--->(B) (Anti-Poster)

The phantasm possessed by one who has reached the level of authority figure, this phantasm unlocks the most powerful noble phantasm type, Anti-Poster. However, because of the restraint skill, the rank is reduced.

Asteío Aiónios: Rank E----> A++.

An insidious phantasm that denigrates one of rapebird's most enduring legends, that of the originator of puns. To put it another way, when someone on BL tells a pun, there is immediatly the reaction of "Tobias joke" or something similar. For this reason, it does not matter who tells the joke, the power generated from such is immediatly directed to rapebird. He possesses the twin legends of "has told every pun" and"all puns began from Tobias." Due to his skills which increase the frequency and potency of other posters making puns, the prana supply that is already feeding Rapebird has reached extreme levels, enhancing him in every way. Given time, it may even be possible to infect all of beast lair, creating a "world of puns" that would be utterly under the control of Tobias. For this reason, it is clear he must be stopped before he assumes total control of the realm.

"All puns are merely the light of my third phantasm."

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    sugoi

How does pun = style? I thought it's more related to humor.

Blog Entries
    Haven’t you heard? The pun is the lowest form of humor!

Except to the person who tells the pun!

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Tobias puns spread to other forumites despite they claim to hate those
    Tobias puns might not really that funny, but his puns caused other forumites to say funny stuff in response
    Tobias puns are EX Ranked

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Truly a Heroic Spirit to be feared
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    do me next

im not sure what you would even put lol
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Make your own, lazy bones

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    its not the same if you pick out your own traits!
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Seemed to work ok for me

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    I could make one for you, but I can guarantee that I'd get you completely wrong...
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Just for some fun, don’t take it to seriously

Kenta-Chan vs Bloble. Tobias-San check!

this is an interesting match up due to both player having “counter” abilities, so until the very last blow it would be almost impossible to tell who was actually winning. Boble’s higher stats give him an advantage, but activation of Tsun or Dere skills would be hard for him to adjust to quickly. Though he could always try for a flat rush immediately before many skills could be brought about this kind of strategy is dangerous, but The longer the fight, the more risky things would be.

In the end, due to relying on gambles and luck to overcome kenta’s more esoteric abilities and wider variety of match shifting abilities, one would have to assume it would be an uphill battle, Kenta-Chan is the favorite here.

Leo vs Kota. Tobias-San check!

two bold servants go head to head here. This fight would clearly start in kota’s favor due to benifit of skill “mad enhancement”. However her attacks would struggle to overcome mental pollution. As both of these two have enough defensive skill and stats, it would be a chance to truly enjoy an enjoyable fight with little chance for a swift end. Likely this would come down to usage of noble phantasms after kota’s stat advantage forced Leo to change his strategy. He gains an edge here. Noble phantasm “Hysteria” would seem like a useful ability due to leo’s Reasonable humor stat, but his own phantasm “Treacherous Endangerment” allows him to subvert allied status for a powerful attack.

where this match truly become interesting is in the very real possibility that using his noble phantasm to achieve victory would activate negative skill “Doom of Damocles.” ...could it be he would win the battle but lose the war?

Verg Avesta vs You. Tobias-San check!

oh man, this pair would never want to fight each other, but maybe that’s what makes the match worthwhile. Or alternatively, hilarious. You’s attacks utilizing skill bi-lingual would be effective. Like all translators, he has good affinity against writer servants due to ability “bi-lingual” and it’s ability to break down fanon creation skills which writer tends to utilize. Opposing this, verg would be relying on skill “patient study.” Due to requiring his efforts in fiction and world building to be compliant with established canon, verg’s understanding of nasuverse inner workings is nearly unparalleled. With you’s phantasm being impotent here and verg being out of range for anti-poster ability “Mochi hammer” the fight comes down to endurance.

the winner then becomes clear. With you’s defensive abilities not matching up, after a long match and a few new scars, verg Avesta takes a hard fought win.

Seika vs DP. Tobias-San check!

A battle of David vs Goliath. Though both are strong servants due to being in the administrator class, the scaling becomes obvious when you dig underneath the surface. Skill “authority figure” from each nullifies the other’s ability. Skill “restraint” eliminates each of their anti poster class phantasms. Here seika runs into trouble. Her noble phantasm “seika doc” is an excellent tool to win arguments, it pales in comparison to DP’s anti-world abilities. Even further, while seika doc is highly useful against most world altering skills, the truth aspect which could defeat even elf’s “From dreams to Reality” marble phantasm is useless here. Changes made by DP are truth even as if they had been so since the world was born. At first glance then, it seems DP need only send her to Cat Hell and this match is over.

...however something interesting develops. Seika herself has been devoting her significant powers to tinkering with world creation as an administrator. DP’s toolkit is available to her. As of yet her skill set is nothing more then a child dabbling...but perhaps that’s more then nothing. With DP unfamiliar with being challenged, and not prepared for someone like seika who could counter an anti-world attack and then quickly respond with skill “spine crush”

...could DP actually lose...?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I'd tell you to write those down, but I'd rather have more Fight / Knight.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    time to train
    paitouch style
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Where does the name rapebird come from for those of us who aren't le epic oldfags.

Just curious.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    A long time ago, Tobias had a parrot that he'd practice his puns.

I'm sure you can imagine what happened next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    A long time ago, Tobias had a parrot that he'd practice his puns.

I'm sure you can imagine what happened next.
    it was a gift from Kota