Page 100 of 112 FirstFirst ... 5090959899100101102105110 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2230

Thread: Recent loot thread

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Went to Denver over the weekend for a conference. On the way back, stopped at a random anime store I saw and picked up an Arc figurine and Stheno/Euryale figurine for 27 USD total. Now to figure out where I'll actually put them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    loot from afaid

literally lost 5 kg in 3 days too

Spoiler:

Lia is great!

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Anyone want the DVD version of the Tsukihime anime? On sale for 5 USD at a place near my house.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Anyone want the DVD version of the Tsukihime anime? On sale for 5 USD at a place near my house.
    yeah ok why the hell not

I'll prbly regret this.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    yeah ok why the hell not

I'll prbly regret this.
    I'll swing by there later today to see if it's still there.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Either someone already bought or it's at the other location.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, someone already bought. Same with this Danny Devito Penguin figurine a friend and I were planning to buy for someone who hates Danny Devito.

Blog Entries
    Probably just as well it was already sold, eh, mew?

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Blog Entries
    So since I had to temporarily move a lot of my stuff out of the way anyway, due to some renovating in my room (replacing a window), I finally worked up the resolve to take pictures of and post my loot from my trip to Japan back in March.
    Warning: Image heavy

Touko figure. God, I love this one. It's so bloody cool. Her cigarette though is like the smallest accessory you'll ever see on a figure, so if you drop it on the floor or something, chances are you'll never find it again. Very easy to lose!

Shiki figure. This one and the Touko one actually came as a set, and at significantly less of a cost than I paid for a lot of the other figures by themselves, despite the box and the figures being new and unused, so it was a real bargain. And buying figures in Japan is way cheaper than buying them online and importing them to begin with.

Aoko figure. After buying this one I actually eventually noticed that I find the face to be a bit meh.

Normal and Limited Edition versions of a figure of a Tony Taka character from...Shining Hearts, I think it was? Bloody sexy (and cool. I love the pose and her hair) in any case. Couldn't decide on just one, so I bought both. Though I think I like the normal one (the blue/black/silver one) slightly more than the (pink/white/golden) limited edition one.

Sasuke figure.

Naruto (grownup Hokage version) figure. Fairly small, but, you know...Not that many half-good Naruto figures around...

Ichigo figure.

Another Tony Taka figure. Seraphim something. Can't remember what work this one is from/is based on. I just really liked it, and thought it was awesome, so I bought it. This one is pretty big btw, especially what with the wings and the bow. One of her arms and half of the ribbon in her hair broke during transport, so I had to glue them back on with superglue. :-/ Thankfully it doesn't really show. I think I did a fairly good job of fixing it.

Japanese versions of volumes 2-5 (I already had volume 1, Art Material, in English) of the Fate/complete material books.

Kara no Kyoukai The Animation artbook. This one is hands down the best anime artbook I've ever owned by some margin. Really good book. No bullshit, just lots of full-page colour artwork of characters and backgrounds from the series, many of which are both vibrant and dynamic. Can heartily recommend to any KnK fan.

Saber Portraits artbook. Had the Rin one from before.

ufotable UBW adaptation art/info book thing that I believe somebody else in here already posted about. For me this one was disappointing, since I was expecting an artbook, but it's really more of an info book, with the art that is there being 90% still shots from the anime, or concept art of the locations used in the show. If that's what you're looking for however, and you can read Japanese, then I'm sure this book has some interesting info. As usual they have interviews with some of the staff and voice actors as well, so, that at least should interest some people.

The Blend (Coffee Kizoku) artbook. Very good book imo.

Bunch of Da Capo artbooks.

Two Angel Beats! artbooks.

Bunch of Clannad artbooks.

Ghibli Museum book that I bought while visiting the Museum (if you're ever visiting Japan, then GO THERE! It is so worth it. Just remember that you need to buy tickets way (months) ahead of time online or through someone you know in Japan, and you can only go on exactly the day and time it says on your ticket).

(Small) Totoro plush (Totoro plushes in Japan range from everything from tiny keychain ones up to ones as big as you. :-/ ).

A small plush of those soot creatures that appear in My Neighbour Totoro and Spirited Away.

Finally, something extra special. I bought this wooden Totoro clock from an old guy running a tiny temporary stall outside a temple during a festival while in Kyoto. It is handmade (by him), is fully working, and his daughter (which was with him selling things at the stall), who spoke some English (her old father did not), claimed there was none other exactly like it. It is by far my most treasured item from the trip, and I really really like it, which is why I was mortified when I discovered that one of the ears had broken off during transport (I packed it in several layers of bubblewrap, clothes and everything inside my suitcase, but those damn airport luggage people somehow still managed to damage it! The hell are they even doing to the luggage they are handling!?) Thankfully I managed to fix it with superglue as well.

Special bonus, not from my Japan trip, but something that I bought recently. English copy of episode two of the Kara no Shoujo visual novel.
    Last edited by Rokudaime; October 16th, 2016 at 04:32 PM.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Dat Touko. Who makes it?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Dat Touko. Who makes it?
    Mmm...I don't really remember...I keep all the boxes for my figures, so I could check the box for that one to see who the maker is, but it's tucked away up in the attic, so that would be a pain...

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    So since I had to temporarily move a lot of my stuff out of the way anyway, due to some renovating in my room (replacing a window), I finally worked up the resolve to take pictures of and post my loot from my trip to Japan back in March.
    Warning: Image heavy

Touko figure. God, I love this one. It's so bloody cool. Her cigarette though is like the smallest accessory you'll ever see on a figure, so if you drop it on the floor or something, chances are you'll never find it again. Very easy to lose!

Shiki figure. This one and the Touko one actually came as a set, and at significantly less of a cost than I paid for a lot of the other figures by themselves, despite the box and the figures being new and unused, so it was a real bargain. And buying figures in Japan is way cheaper than buying them online and importing them to begin with.

Aoko figure. After buying this one I actually eventually noticed that I find the face to be a bit meh.

Normal and Limited Edition versions of a figure of a Tony Taka character from...Shining Hearts, I think it was? Bloody sexy (and cool. I love the pose and her hair) in any case. Couldn't decide on just one, so I bought both. Though I think I like the normal one (the blue/black/silver one) slightly more than the (pink/white/golden) limited edition one.

Sasuke figure.

Naruto (grownup Hokage version) figure. Fairly small, but, you know...Not that many half-good Naruto figures around...

Ichigo figure.

Another Tony Taka figure. Seraphim something. Can't remember what work this one is from/is based on. I just really liked it, and thought it was awesome, so I bought it. This one is pretty big btw, especially what with the wings and the bow. One of her arms and half of the ribbon in her hair broke during transport, so I had to glue them back on with superglue. :-/ Thankfully it doesn't really show. I think I did a fairly good job of fixing it.

Japanese versions of volumes 2-5 (I already had volume 1, Art Material, in English) of the Fate/complete material books.

Kara no Kyoukai The Animation artbook. This one is hands down the best anime artbook I've ever owned by some margin. Really good book. No bullshit, just lots of full-page colour artwork of characters and backgrounds from the series, many of which are both vibrant and dynamic. Can heartily recommend to any KnK fan.

Saber Portraits artbook. Had the Rin one from before.

ufotable UBW adaptation art/info book thing that I believe somebody else in here already posted about. For me this one was disappointing, since I was expecting an artbook, but it's really more of an info book, with the art that is there being 90% still shots from the anime, or concept art of the locations used in the show. If that's what you're looking for however, and you can read Japanese, then I'm sure this book has some interesting info. As usual they have interviews with some of the staff and voice actors as well, so, that at least should interest some people.

The Blend (Coffee Kizoku) artbook. Very good book imo.

Bunch of Da Capo artbooks.

Two Angel Beats! artbooks.

Bunch of Clannad artbooks.

Ghibli Museum book that I bought while visiting the Museum (if you're ever visiting Japan, then GO THERE! It is so worth it. Just remember that you need to buy tickets way (months) ahead of time online or through someone you know in Japan, and you can only go on exactly the day and time it says on your ticket).

(Small) Totoro plush (Totoro plushes in Japan range from everything from tiny keychain ones up to ones as big as you. :-/ ).

A small plush of those soot creatures that appear in My Neighbour Totoro and Spirited Away.

Finally, something extra special. I bought this wooden Totoro clock from an old guy running a tiny temporary stall outside a temple during a festival while in Kyoto. It is handmade (by him), is fully working, and his daughter (which was with him selling things at the stall), who spoke some English (her old father did not), claimed there was none other exactly like it. It is by far my most treasured item from the trip, and I really really like it, which is why I was mortified when I discovered that one of the ears had broken off during transport (I packed it in several layers of bubblewrap, clothes and everything inside my suitcase, but those damn airport luggage people somehow still managed to damage it! The hell are they even doing to the luggage they are handling!?) Thankfully I managed to fix it with superglue as well.

Special bonus, not from my Japan trip, but something that I bought recently. English copy of episode two of the Kara no Shoujo visual novel.
    can i ask where you buy the art mats in english?
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    can i ask where you buy the art mats in english?
    Amazon. Volume 2 is up for preorder btw. There was a huge time gap between the English release of the first volume and the announcement of volume 2 getting an English version though, to the point where many people thought volume 1 getting a translation was a one-time thing, and that the other volumes wouldn't get English releases, so they sure are taking their time with them...

不死 Undead
    Got in one new Kara no Kyoukai merch for my collection, nothing spectacular though but "THE ANIMATION" artbook with Ufotable's web shop exclusive bonus booklet.

More pics

Conversation's deep
    When you talk to yourself
    There's no way to cheat
    Cos you know you can't be no one else...

Blog Entries
    My New Game! artbook arrived. It's quite nice. There were a few very brief appearances by two female characters that I don't recognize from the manga. I'm assuming they are new characters that will appear in later chapters. Also, there were 3 short comics in the book that spanned less than 3 pages that I think are original, and not from the manga. Can't read them though, so I can't tell if they're good ot not. Looked nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by darktruth View Post
    Got in one new Kara no Kyoukai merch for my collection, nothing spectacular though but "THE ANIMATION" artbook with Ufotable's web shop exclusive bonus booklet.

More pics
    How are you finding the book? Nice no? I fucking love it, it's my favourite anime artbook.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    oh, happy day!

the tortured magi department Prix with a Silent X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My Fate paraphernalia apart from my Fate/Zero mug, which I use anytime I drink anything hot, now finally has a home:

Spoiler:

Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Blog of Fiction for You to Consume
    Other Links

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Let Sakura say fuck and eat junkfood you weirdos.

Mahou Shoujo Fushigi Tantei Obvious Sunara's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Its not much but it makes me happy to look at. X3

#OwO#

Blog Entries
    Got my New Game! TV Animation Official Guide book...Thought it was an artbook with art from/based on the anime (as opposed to the "Fairies Story" artbook, which has art that is from/based on the manga and New Game! in general), turns out it isn't, really...It has a little bit of art at the beginning, then lots of still images of scenes from the anime, then various staff and cast interviews. Should have realized since it's called a guidebook I guess. Still enjoyed it though, but Fairies Story is what you want if you want a New Game! artbook. As a sidenote, there were two 8 page manga comics (16 pages total) in the book that would be nice to read if I knew Japanese...

Also got my copy of Coffee Kizoku's excellent (his art is always excellent) The Blend 2 artbook. This one was good. Just as good, if not better, than the first one. No 18+ stuff this time around though, though it's not like the first book had a lot of that either.