Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Millennium War: I bid you welcome to Castle Brunestund (discussion thread)

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If you're going to cameo her, just don't bother and let Tohno have it. There's no point.
    Tohno is a bad guy though. see Mil's suggestion regarding the Tohno's being Crim's followers.

thus Ryougi is the good guy option.
    http://forums.darksidemoon.net

come join us, Darksidemoon is a new forum for discussion of all things tm

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

Blog Entries
    Befriend him. He's already in the story, you don't have to shoehorn him.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Befriend him. He's already in the story, you don't have to shoehorn him.

I don't think i'm reading this right. Befriend Tohno? and i'm not shoehorning him into anything so I don't know what you mean by that.

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

Blog Entries
    Befriend as in Nanoha. And you're not shoehorning him, you're shoehorning her.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    Tohno is a bad guy though. see Mil's suggestion regarding the Tohno's being Crim's followers.

thus Ryougi is the good guy option.
    Wait, what? You're having Tohno Shiki as a villain...?

Admittedly, I don't know much about him, but that doesn't seem particularly in-character to me....

Blog Entries
    Befriend as in Nanoha. And you're not shoehorning him, you're shoehorning her.

uh, well I guess that would work. I mean you have a one in four chance as of now. and you wrote him above that's why i was confused

Wait, what? You're having Tohno Shiki as a villain...?

Admittedly, I don't know much about him, but that doesn't seem particularly in-character to me....
    it isn't but then Akiha shouldn't be a follower of crimson moon either.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mhmm, Lantz, you seem to admit that they are kinda OOC there...
    If you need them at his side you'd better have a good reason for it (hint: Mystic Eyes of rape Charming)
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Mhmm, Lantz, you seem to admit that they are kinda OOC there...
    I just did.

although a family of demon bloods being servants to the ultimate vampire does make sense.

given that T Shiki was hypnotized to forget the truth of his origin does give President to his alliance to crim.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    It would make sense if Shiki was brainwashed, misled, blackmailed or charmed into serving Crimson moon, and it wouldn't be too hard to say that Akiha inverted and turned evil. The maids could be explained in the same way Shiki is, and SHIKI is evil anyway so it doesn't matter.

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    objectively speaking drac is. he has death and will continue to return regardless. Crimson as i said needs the correct host to return at full power. Drac does not and his soul even escaped sealing in the eclipse by reincarnation (although Soma chose not to become the dark lord it's shown he could have)
    ...No. Dracula can't die for good, or is very hard to do so, but that is not a measure of his power. That's more like a Conceptual Weapon or inherent ability than a measure of his power levels. Calling Dracula as powerful as Crimson Moon is very misleading. Dracula is nowhere near being a TYPE.

wasn't selling it Hymn
    Really?

OK you are aware that Dracula in castlevania is an unrestrained crimson moon, right?

I'd call the guy more powerful because crimson was killed for many thousands of years and HAS to use the proper sac to be restored to full power. while Drac can just take anyone and bust out as strong as ever.
    as with drac in vania crim is nigh unkillable but as too with castlevania the group will be equipped to face him once they do. IE: the vampire killer the belmonts whip can harm dracula while regular gear is bull shit. and other stuff like that.
    Consider me fooled.

Also, regular gear being worthless against Dracula has no precedence that I can recall. The Vampire Killer is very effective, but that doesn't mean mundane weapons are worthless. I certainly don't recall any story details that say as much, and considering that every protagonist to stuffed full of subweapons like axes, knives, and a few holy talismans, I'm not convinced Dracula is 'in story' immune to mundane weapons. He certainly isn't in gameplay.

all of whom have credible ways to hurt him.

Alucard, Soma and Shanoa all have Drac's dark powers and the Belmont's Vampire killer can harm Death. your criticism is invalidated somewhat.
    *headdesk*

My point is that while they have credible ways to hurt him, Dracula is not so overwhelmingly powerful that they are as ants before him. He might toy with them at first, but he eventually pulls out all the stops and he still loses.

As for non Belmonts, I wasn't thinking people related to Dracula. I was thinking people like Maria from Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night. For the record, Maria can beat Dracula in Rondo of Blood and she's still a child. I can't even call her a joke character, because when she returns in Symphony of the Night she's still a threat to Alucard in battle.

Moreover, the Vampire Killer left the possession of the Belmont's after Richter, and other non Belmonts used it. Even though it gobbled up their life to use it, they still beat Dracula. I'd have to do research, but I'm nearly certain that non Belmonts have successfully killed Dracula without the Vampire Killer. One guy had Alucard's Spear, I think. They might have also had the Vampire Killer, but in one game it starts out piss weak and the main character has to beat the memory of Richter to unlock its full strength. They can still beat Dracula without its full strength, but I can't guarantee that the True End is acquired.

So yeah. Lots of non-Belmonts that have kicked Dracula's ass. Dracula may be incredibly difficult, if not impossible, to permanently kill, but he is not someone I'd consider equal to Crimson Moon. Not without more evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias
    I am not actually certain a full out AM would be weaker then CM.

dont kinow that it WOULDNT be though, I am a little sketchy on the details
    Honestly, I'm not sure either. AM plus the Grail could do enormous destruction, but I've no idea what AM on his own could do. I remember Avenger can kill any human, so I'd assume AM has something similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    alright Hymn look. you're starting to sound like Dartz when Arc is mentioned. And that's a bad thing. I already stated I'm not looking at sheer power when I sized up the two and said Dracula is more powerful. I looked at and named the facts objectively. Dracula is more versatile then crim and factually unkillable at this point. win/loss numbers don't mean anything to me particularly when you stack up a back story beside a game where the whole end goal is defeat Dracula.

Crim has fought one "hero" and was beaten there's nothing to say he wouldn't lose again it is simply that we've only seen him fight once. and to be frank, yes drac may have lost more times but he's scored point along the way which makes his score less then zero which is exactly what crimson moon has. 100% loss rate.

besides that sheer power rarely works in the nasuverse in the hands of a villain.

at any rate i'm willing to continue the conversation but it's derailing the thread. so you want to reply then do it in VM's.

It would make sense if Shiki was brainwashed, misled, blackmailed or charmed into serving Crimson moon, and it wouldn't be too hard to say that Akiha inverted and turned evil. The maids could be explained in the same way Shiki is, and SHIKI is evil anyway so it doesn't matter.
    well yes that is what I implied (although i already stated eariler Kohaku would be the creature creator and Mecha Hisui "The creature") Shiki could be turned to good i guess later.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    well yes that is what I implied (although i already stated eariler Kohaku would be the creature creator and Mecha Hisui "The creature") Shiki could be turned to good i guess later.
    Yeah, I can believe it then. Looking forward to your story.

Whew! About to slip down. VelspertheCat's Avatar
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5483316/...ll_His_Engines : In regards to Dracula's power or lack thereof, this fic I ran into once kind of explained it away pretty well. In Nasuish vibes, even. It explains why he was OP once and why later on anyone could beat him up.
    Spoiler:
    Is it pimping myself out if it's hidden?
    Index of Stories, Conceptual Writing, and Scenes

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VelspertheCat View Post
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5483316/...ll_His_Engines : In regards to Dracula's power or lack thereof, this fic I ran into once kind of explained it away pretty well. In Nasuish vibes, even. It explains why he was OP once and why later on anyone could beat him up.
    I like that fic. It's not perfect, but it is rather enjoyable despite the cliches. I think the Spoony One made a cameo in there too...

As for Lantz, I have no idea who this Dartz is, and frankly care much more about Castlevania!Dracula than I do about Crimson Moon. It's a series very dear to my heart. And while I may be argumentative here, some of your arguments strike me as just plain wrong. That argument about Dracula getting more points along the way while CM's record is a flat zero is particularly unfair.

Judging Crimson Moon's chances of victory by his defeat against Zelretch at his prime, without any other samples as a basis for comparison, is a terrible way to draw a conclusion about Crimson Moon's ability. That's an egregious abuse of statistics, particularly when we have so much more information about Dracula, but I'll spare you that particular rant. You say there's no telling whether he'd lose again, but considering what it took to put a full powered CM down the first time I think we can assume that unless the character is outrageously powerful/clever/lucky, they are utterly and totally up shit's creek.

As for this derailing the topic, if you're referring to the Dracula discussion, that's reasonable. I'm not opposed to continuing that discussion there. I can certainly understand wanting to do so since he's not actually appearing in the story. Crimson Moon on the other hand....

This is a discussion thread. You advertise that discussion and debate should be kept on this thread. If you were writing the story here I'd understand and comply but the entire point of a discussion thread is to air out questions and ideas in a public forum easily visible by all. I think the subject of Crimson Moon's strength is relevant, and if Crimson Moon regained his full power like Dracula (usually) does at the climax of each Castlevania game, I would have a very hard time buying the protagonists winning without somehow taking away his full strength or having Zelretch grade firepower. On that note:

besides that sheer power rarely works in the nasuverse in the hands of a villain.
    As far as I can tell the only reason it doesn't is because the villains are (understandably) confident in their ability to win even while holding back and don't exercise that full power, while the protagonists sucker punch the villains with their full haxx strength and pull out a win before the villains can recover. I think even Zelretch won by surprising CM with the Second Magic. If CM had his full strength the inclination and opportunity to use it, you would have a very, very hard time selling the protagonist's victory to me.

I hope you've got some serious handicaps set against the Crimson Moon. Dracula, despite never staying dead, isn't anywhere near as powerful as CM. Even if the Nasuverse protagonists can be proportionally ludicrous, Crimson Moon is still a TYPE. So far the only avenues to victory I see are: Rin getting crazy good with the Jeweled Sword, someone getting Ea and enough charge up time to obliterate Brunstead, or Crimson Moon being weakened to the point where the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception can affect him.

Were this a story an actual Castlevania game, I can best imagine it ending with one of the 'Dracula wasn't completely defeated endings' or otherwise less than perfect survival rate amongst the cast. Because if CM made a full resurrection....ignoring that one True Ancestor is going to bite the bullet to make way for CM, the amount of power that can be brought to bear against the very squishy mortals is plain unfair. If you can pull this off well, I'll love this story, but it ain't gonna be easy.

There. Any Dracula debate I'll gladly take to VM, but CM...yeah, I would like to hear more about how that'll be handled, or at least some form of reassurance that you have it under control.
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....

That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    some of your arguments strike me as just plain wrong. That argument about Dracula getting more points along the way while CM's record is a flat zero is particularly unfair.
    that was the point of the statement actually. I contest that you can't count dracula's failures as negatives in this case because castlevania's whole MO is murder dracula in the face.

Judging Crimson Moon's chances of victory by his defeat against Zelretch at his prime, without any other samples as a basis for comparison, is a terrible way to draw a conclusion about Crimson Moon's ability.
    as is dracula and those who have beat him.

That's an egregious abuse of statistics
    that was the point i was making. you were abusing the nature of the castlevania games to similar effect.

As for this derailing the topic, if you're referring to the Dracula discussion, that's reasonable. I'm not opposed to continuing that discussion there. I can certainly understand wanting to do so since he's not actually appearing in the story. Crimson Moon on the other hand....
    thing is it's a bit of a mess of yarn at this point.

and if Crimson Moon regained his full power like Dracula (usually) does at the climax of each Castlevania game, I would have a very hard time buying the protagonists winning without somehow taking away his full strength or having Zelretch grade firepower. On that note:
    I did say they would be correctly equipped by the time they fought Crimson moon earlier.

I hope you've got some serious handicaps set against the Crimson Moon.
    I did say before that he wouldn't be using his correct host which is a severe one by my estimation but as for the rest it's supposed to be revealed as the narrative progresses.

I would like to hear more about how that'll be handled, or at least some form of reassurance that you have it under control.
    there's a LOT of spoilers in answering that.

By the way out of curiosity if Shiki is in this how can he stand being around that many demons? Like he went crazy when he first so Arc I have a hard time imagining his latent blood won't urge to wipe out most of the monsters there. Or is the brainwashing just that powerful?

Blog Entries
    that was the point of the statement actually. I contest that you can't count dracula's failures as negatives in this case because castlevania's whole MO is murder dracula in the face.
    But storywise, Dracula is still losing. The point of the games may be to beat him, but if take the story for what it is, it's humanity, its allies, and most prominantly the Belmonts rising to the challenge of subduing Dracula.

I lump this under segregation between gameplay and story. If you get meta here you'll never stop.

as is dracula and those who have beat him.
    How.

that was the point i was making. you were abusing the nature of the castlevania games to similar effect.
    I still cite gameplay and story segregation. Bad guy appears, hero triumphs, hurray! Castlevania isn't a VN and it's not fair to dismiss its canon.

I did say they would be correctly equipped by the time they fought Crimson moon earlier.
    Guess I missed it. Good luck selling it.

I did say before that he wouldn't be using his correct host which is a severe one by my estimation but as for the rest it's supposed to be revealed as the narrative progresses.
    Alright, I'm considerably more content.

there's a LOT of spoilers in answering that.
    Leave 'em then. I'd rather not know. I'll just wait for the story to play out.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Guess I missed it. Good luck selling it.
    It isn't really difficult actually. once it is explained it'll make sense

Leave 'em then. I'd rather not know. I'll just wait for the story to play out.
    well thank you for that. it's nice to know someone won't hammer me with questions when I say it will be explained later.

By the way out of curiosity if Shiki is in this how can he stand being around that many demons? Like he went crazy when he first so Arc I have a hard time imagining his latent blood won't urge to wipe out most of the monsters there. Or is the brainwashing just that powerful?
    exactly.

Blog Entries
    It isn't really difficult actually. once it is explained it'll make sense
    Well, I can take that much on faith I suppose.

well thank you for that. it's nice to know someone won't hammer me with questions when I say it will be explained later.
    No sense in ruining the surprise if you really can't explain it without spoilers, especially when you don't want to talk about it.

Sorry if I came off as overly harsh before, I've cooled down and relaxed some now.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Well, I can take that much on faith I suppose.
    I cannot guarantee that you'll agree with my interpretation of things however as an action writer I can say that everyone will certainly look cool

Sorry if I came off as overly harsh before, I've cooled down and relaxed some now.
    it happens. you weren't as bad as a few i've had to deal with.