Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Millennium War: I bid you welcome to Castle Brunestund (discussion thread)

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Millennium War: I bid you welcome to Castle Brunestund (discussion thread)

(Trying this again, lets keep it topic this time people)

Alright, well the nasuverse has always had these shady mystic elements right from KnK but between Wallachia and Crimson moon we have thick vampire lore as well. And add to that fact is that among other things Kiritugu hunted vampires and I find myself at the inescapable truth that his idea for a work had to happen.

The Emiya family Fights the evils of castle Brunstud and it’s master.

These stories will be categorized into chaptered sections (IE: 1-7 = one volume and so on) this allows me to write it in parts and adjust between other works but also have a decent climax for each foray into the castle (such being the defeat of a current master, as Castlevania fans know there has been more then one over time and we’ll go with that logic here as well) without fitting things into stone.

There will be other characters then the Emiyas but they’ll be introduced slowly. This will be choice fiction however unlike my other stuff you’ll be controlling who enters the castle, their placement in the castle and thereby the characters’ survival and who will join the group permanently.

The prologue will be Sakura’s territory and she will be the one to create the in universe version of the belmonts legendary vampire killer. The reasons are two fold on this

1) Rin did the prologue in FSN

2) I wanted the elements to blend and Sion is involved in the tsukihime side and further would never fail or attempt basic alchemy on a weapon when his has her etherlite

Also R And T Shiki will fight death at some point.

Finally this story does take place after the fifth war and as such the servants are gone from the start. They may be found again in the castle and reciuted as normal.

The starting cast is

Kiritsugu Emiya

Shirou Kotomine

EMIYA

Satoshi Emiya (allusions to Simon)

Illya von Einzbern

Sakura Matou

Rin Tohsaka

Extra’s Francis drake

The cast is off for a reason as you can see. But it’ll be revealed in story what that is.

I’d like debate and discussion to be done in here rather then in the main thread (once I post it) to cut down on off topic stuff and help readers catch up as the story expands.

Questions, suggestions, comments?
    http://forums.darksidemoon.net

come join us, Darksidemoon is a new forum for discussion of all things tm

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, I don't know much about Castlevania, so I'm not sure I can help much here, but it sounds interesting.

Ill be waiting to see where you go with this before I decide anything. The concepts cool though.

Blog Entries
    I was thinking of just watching but now I've changed my mind. Can't wait to see how this turns out, and if you need any input feel free to ask.

Blog Entries
    I presume that by master of the castle you mean Crimson Moon, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    I presume that by master of the castle you mean Crimson Moon, no?

as with Castlevania the millennium castle will go though a number of masters due to moon being defeated, underpowered, sealed or even as misdirection etcetera. But as with Castlevania there is only ever one TRUE master of the castle and Crimson moon is he.

Can't wait to see how this turns out, and if you need any input feel free to ask.
    well i'm a bit lost actually as to what to do with akiha,sion and Ciel.

Akiha could work as a possible inheritor of moon's power being part demon.

but Ciel and sion are a bit lost to me in this setting.

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    as with Castlevania the millennium castle will go though a number of masters due to moon being defeated, underpowered, sealed or even as misdirection etcetera. But as with Castlevania there is only ever one TRUE master of the castle and Crimson moon is he.
    Not that I expect you to tell me everything, but... you plan for them beat Crimson bleeding Moon? That's... hard to believe.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Hmm, I'm not strong with Castlevania fu but I'll see what I can think of.

For Akiha maybe a sort of Servant who follows the Crimson moon along with the rest of her family? (So pretty much what you suggested.)

As for Ciel maybe either a mercenary who was hired by the Crimson Moon or a bounty hunter aiming to kill the Crimson Moon herself? (You could go with the Crimson Moon killed her family or caused her to kill them.)

And for Sion I was thinking maybe a researcher / scientist who wishes to investigate the Crimson Moon for her own purposes?

WE need an obligatory "Die monster, you don't belong to this world" reference against Brunestud. And if he is CM Brunestud, then it would be even more amusing. Maybe Shirou should say it, or EMIYA.

About Ciel... maybe she can be our Shanoa expy, or someone like the Morris family of vampire hunters?

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Blog Entries
    Not that I expect you to tell me everything, but... you plan for them beat Crimson bleeding Moon? That's... hard to believe.
    as with drac in vania crim is nigh unkillable but as too with castlevania the group will be equipped to face him once they do. IE: the vampire killer the belmonts whip can harm dracula while regular gear is bull shit. and other stuff like that.

it won't be an unbelievable fight. remember that crim can return but if he does so without arc it's not stable. he's in vampire naptosis

For Akiha maybe a sort of Servant who follows the Crimson moon along with the rest of her family?
    that works eerily well which also sows up kohaku as the creature creator in the castle.

WE need an obligatory "Die monster, you don't belong to this world" reference against Brunestud. And if he is CM Brunestud, then it would be even more amusing. Maybe Shirou should say it, or EMIYA.
    I am going to use that line but just not on CM.

I was going to have Toshi kick wal's ass and make groan worthy joke "Simon says, back to the darkness"

Blog Entries
    Equipped to fight Crimson Moon...

Yep, I wish you luck, out.

Blog Entries
    Equipped to fight Crimson Moon...

Yep, I wish you luck, out.
    OK you are aware that Dracula in castlevania is an unrestrained crimson moon, right?

I'd call the guy more powerful because crimson was killed for many thousands of years and HAS to use the proper sac to be restored to full power. while Drac can just take anyone and bust out as strong as ever.

crim was beaten leo. I'm not saying from the start they could do it but he isn't at full power. so beating him is conceivable

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Zelretch should be here as an NPC so he can take the place of Julius Belmont

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He wasn't killed, just sealed IIRC.
    But whatever, logic and crossovers don't mesh very often.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dracula? As strong as Crimson Moon?

...Yeah...not buying it. Really not buying it. He's been defeated too many times by Belmonts and non-Belmonts alike. I could buy Castlevania as his Reality Marble, but he's not TYPE-worthy.

Dracula is a Dark Lord (at least as of Sorrow). He's fueled by humanity's evil, and that's how the rituals bring him back to life before a full century has passed. He has more parallels to Angra Mainyu than anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Whew! About to slip down. VelspertheCat's Avatar
    Why is Kiritsugu still alive after the Fifth? Or are you planning on him being resurrected Roa style in Melty Blood? (With the memories of the Earth and Castevania/Millennium Castle working together)

How much are you going to be focusing on your OC? Is he just there to be a deus ex machina? A main character? Or is he like the equivalent of the Master Librarian?

Power levels, you know that CM needed Zelretch to take him down, right? I think you might have to make your Vampire Killer on par with Jeweled Sword to take him on, unless he too is a weaker copy. Maybe summoned down as a Dark Lord/God ala how Arcueid got nerfed in Extra?

I personally recommend not including Ryougi since you already have two series to play with. Unless she's going to be like the Julius of the story sent there by Alaya (never got why this happens in canon MB either, but whatever, there's precedence)
    Spoiler:
    Is it pimping myself out if it's hidden?
    Index of Stories, Conceptual Writing, and Scenes

Blog Entries
    Zelretch should be here as an NPC so he can take the place of Julius Belmont

good thought but no, we aren't working on exact parallels here.

He wasn't killed, just sealed
    exactly like Drac was

Dracula? As strong as Crimson Moon?
    objectively speaking drac is. he has death and will continue to return regardless. Crimson as i said needs the correct host to return at full power. Drac does not and his soul even escaped sealing in the eclipse by reincarnation (although Soma chose not to become the dark lord it's shown he could have)

...Yeah...not buying it. Really not buying it.
    wasn't selling it Hymn

He's been defeated too many times by Belmonts and non-Belmonts alike.
    all of whom have credible ways to hurt him.

Alucard, Soma and Shanoa all have Drac's dark powers and the Belmont's Vampire killer can harm Death. your criticism is invalidated somewhat.

He has more parallels to Angra Mainyu than anything else.
    not working on direct parallels

Why is Kiritsugu still alive after the Fifth?
    indeed why is he? why is Emiya Around when the servants should be gone, why is there kotomine shirou and my OC? simply put it's part of the mystery.

How much are you going to be focusing on your OC? Is he just there to be a deus ex machina? A main character? Or is he like the equivalent of the Master Librarian?
    each Chapter will be though a different character's eyes. He's not a deus EX, he is never a Deus EX despite what the haters may tell you. He's an allusion to Simon since Kiritsugu is the Trevor figure. he'll do stuff but he's only one part of the team and only for awhile.

and I would sort of describe his over all function as ML but he's a better fighter.

Power levels, you know that CM needed Zelretch to take him down, right? I think you might have to make your Vampire Killer on par with Jeweled Sword to take him on, unless he too is a weaker copy. Maybe summoned down as a Dark Lord/God ala how Arcueid got nerfed in Extra?
    given who and how the in universe VK is being made being on par won't be an issue.

I personally recommend not including Ryougi
    oh not a major inclusion i think but I have to write the fight versus death. I mean come on man it's death. the guy she's be trolling like a boss.

Blog Entries
    Dracula is a Dark Lord (at least as of Sorrow). He's fueled by humanity's evil, and that's how the rituals bring him back to life before a full century has passed. He has more parallels to Angra Mainyu than anything else.
    I am not actually certain a full out AM would be weaker then CM.

dont kinow that it WOULDNT be though, I am a little sketchy on the details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    I am not actually certain a full out AM would be weaker then CM.

dont kinow that it WOULDNT be though, I am a little sketchy on the details
    I'm not debating sheer power though. I'm pointing out that an object view point sees the ability to continuously come back at full power regardless of host is better then requiring an exact host to do so.

Blog Entries
    oh not a major inclusion i think but I have to write the fight versus death. I mean come on man it's death. the guy she's be trolling like a boss.
    If you're going to cameo her, just don't bother and let Tohno have it. There's no point.