Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 123471252 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Holy Shirou War" (as dubbed by others, not me)...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Theocrass View Post
    I don't think so. :X

Just because Herakles is harder to kill doesn't make him more dangerous.
    It kinda does. Think about the rest of the 5th War Servants. How many of them could possibly kill Lance? Saber, EMIYA, Lancer, Rider, Caster, maybe Hassan. Now, how many of those can take Herc? Caster if she's amazingly lucky, Saber, and EMIYA.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    It kinda does. Think about the rest of the 5th War Servants. How many of them could possibly kill Lance? Saber, EMIYA, Lancer, Rider, Caster, maybe Hassan. Now, how many of those can take Herc? Caster if she's amazingly lucky, Saber, and EMIYA.
    Well, let's just say that Lancelot is going to have his work cut out for him, but so are the other Servants. Especially whoever ends up as Shirou's, since his Servant has their stats nerfed, IIRC.

And, just so that everyone knows, I pretty much just want to figure out Rider and Lancer first. Of course, I'm leaning towards Medusa or the Trung Sisters for Rider, and Empress Jinguu for Lancer.
    But I want other peoples' input on this, too.

Blog Entries
    @Spinach: Well, I have Assassin already how I want it, but thanks for input on that.
    That's perfectly fine by me. I just look for a chance to suggest Li so he can get some love.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    I must say I disagree with that statement! We have Musashibo Benkei, Sakata Kintoki, Sasaki Kojirou, Li Shuwen, and Lu Bu. That's quite a few.
    That are in this war? I mean.

Teasing the Penguin God!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mangafreak7793 View Post
    That are in this war? I mean.
    Ahh. Yeah, it's a tad lacking... But I guess EMIYA counts as an oriental hero. :s

True Golden Bear King of BLING Theocrass's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    But what happens when Gil swordspams Herc? And what happens when he swordspams Lancelot?

I would only agree that Herc was more dangerous if he was also sane.

And just because they potentially could doesn't mean they actually could.

Ask TIK - Where all your important life questions can be answered.

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Actually, wasn't there an interview with Nasu that said that Caster could only kill Herc once or twice, while Lancer actually had a chance to outright kill Herc? A low chance, but it was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrass
    But what happens when Gil swordspams Herc? And what happens when he swordspams Lancelot?

I would only agree that Herc was more dangerous if he was also sane.

Uh...I think it does. Now, whether it's realistic or likely to happen is another story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Herc dies only when Enkidu opens up, Lance dies as soon as Gil opens up the Gate to 32. Lemme quote it:

Quote Originally Posted by Zero, Vol 1
    Berserker had endured a continuous attack of sixteen Noble Phantasms, but there was no way to resist twice that number.
    Yes, but there's a lot more potential for defeat on his side.

^ The thing with Caster is if she manages to Rule Break Saber, so she has Assassin, Saber, and herself going at him at the same time. That's why it's under the Amazingly Lucky provision. Maybe Lancer is right, I don't recall.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Ahh. Yeah, it's a tad lacking... But I guess EMIYA counts as an oriental hero. :s
    He counts, I guess but I rather not see another greek Hero if I could help it. (not sure why though)

Teasing the Penguin God!

Blog Entries
    Herc dies only when Enkidu opens up, Lance dies as soon as Gil opens up the Gate to 32.

Yes, but there's a lot more potential for defeat on his side.

^ The thing with Caster is if she manages to Rule Break Saber, so she has Assassin, Saber, and herself going at him at the same time. That's why it's under the Amazingly Lucky provision. Maybe Lancer is right, I don't recall.
    Well, look at who I have for "Caster", too: Archerko. XD
    Just FYI, this will not be "Emilya" Archerko, but an alternate Illya. My mileage varies on Emilya. XP

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Well, look at who I have for "Caster", too. XD
    Different Caster XD. Although, that doesn't really help it much, since she still doesn't have 12 different attacks, or ones that will hit for more than 1 or 2 lives.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It happened for the 3rd HGW, and also during F/HA, too.
    Actually, that was one servant divided into two, not two seperate servants.

Enough of a nightmare? Nah. EMIYA needs to hold for 30 seconds and be threatening enough, and Ilya's dust.
    But EMIYA won't attack Ilya....

And, just so that everyone knows, I pretty much just want to figure out Rider and Lancer first. Of course, I'm leaning towards Medusa or the Trung Sisters for Rider, and Empress Jinguu for Lancer.
    But I want other peoples' input on this, too.
    Well, who do you intend for them to end up with, and what are your intentions for them in the fic (Sakura in particular)?

Blog Entries
    Also, for anyone but Gil, a Herc that actually gets the stat benefits of Mad Enhancement is probably absurdly dangerous. And a sane Herc gets Nine Lives.

Lancelot is better suited for Berserker by virtue of Knight of Honor and a stat boosting NP, but a Herc with Mad Enhancement might be able to tank Lancelot long enough to kill him anyway, and without has Nine Lives to make up the difference. Ilya just didn't use Herc for anything but brute force and that's her loss.
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....

That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

True Golden Bear King of BLING Theocrass's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Archerko is a bad choice for Caster, IMO.

Ask TIK - Where all your important life questions can be answered.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Lorelei. She sure as heck will, and Ilya can do jack.

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm...
    I think I'll go with:

Shirou -> Rider, Medusa
    Sakura-> Lancer, Tomoe Gozen

Blog Entries
    Archerko is a bad choice for Caster, IMO.
    Who will rape who?

Teasing the Penguin God!

The World Is My Stage dragon20990's Avatar
    This whole Lancelot vs Shirou is moot point since they are each other's worst enemies. Lancelot can use anything Shirou throws at him, but as they are simply projections of Shirou they will technically break eventually. Anyways in UBW, Lancelot has the advantage, until EMIYA ends it, then just bombard Lancelot with hundred one hit kill phantasms and broken phantasms. Could you imagine a broken gae bolg? Guarantee for an explosive bloody end.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Actually, that was one servant divided into two, not two seperate servants.

Well, who do you intend for them to end up with, and what are your intentions for them in the fic (Sakura in particular)?
    Well, I know that it was two aspects of the same, but there are quite a few possibilities with Heaven's Feel. Or Wizard Marshall did it. XP

If I go with the Trung Sisters for Rider, I'd have Shirou summon them; Medusa would be for Sakura. Either one could have Empress Jinguu... ^^

On the subject of Archerko for Caster...well, YMMV on that. *shrugs*

Blog Entries
    Lorelei. She sure as heck will, and Ilya can do jack.
    ...Oh wow, Ilya really is boned. Lorelei could probably make a Command Spell stick with EMIYA too.

Maybe if EMIYA let Lorelei know that he would not sit back passively and let Ilya die he could bargain a chance at Ilya's survival?

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.