Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All Arturias Holy Grail War, an Open Idea

Quote Originally Posted by fallacies View Post
    It's loosely based on a short science fiction story I read in an anthology years ago, in which a benevolent dictator knew about "everything" within his nation through his spymaster, Westwind. However, nobody knew who Westwind was, and nobody had ever seen him -- but he was referred to as "The Shadow of the King." Unfortunately, I don't recall the title or the author of the story.
    Google was unhelpful in trying to find that.

Was thinking, the Arturiae who are summoned as another class due to differences in their Legend, like Assassin or Caster, would remember a rather different Fourth Holy Grail War, if they recall one at all. I've mentioned Assassin, already, but if Kiritsugu already had Caster, would Uryuu get Saber Gilles, or someone else, entirely? He really has the wrong personality to get Jack the Ripper, for example. Also, how would each change Kiritsugu's strategy for the War? Lancer Arturia would probably be treated pretty much the same, but Assassin and Caster don't really fit that mold.

"Those who say it can not be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
    -- Chinese Proverb

There's nothing to ensure that Uryuu would be selected as a Master at all, even if he performed the necessary formalcraft to summon a Servant. Somebody could've easily preempted him by performing a summoning before he did. Also, even if he's selected as a Master, his Servant wouldn't necessarily be Gilles. It can't be that hard to find another Servant with a matching or complementary personality?

Quote Originally Posted by fallacies View Post
    There's nothing to ensure that Uryuu would be selected as a Master at all, even if he performed the necessary formalcraft to summon a Servant. Somebody could've easily preempted him by performing a summoning before he did. Also, even if he's selected as a Master, his Servant wouldn't necessarily be Gilles. It can't be that hard to find another Servant with a matching or complementary personality?
    Couldn't think of one, but if there was another Master, who would it have been? Maybe the little boy that witnessed Caster being summoned, only to be killed, instead becomes the Master of whichever Servant is called. If the alternate TL also involves Kariya not summoning a Berserker, I could see the child getting Kintarou of Mount Ashigara. Maybe Kintarou could be summoned as a different class, but I don't know his Legend enough to say which one.

-- Chinese Proverb

Had another thought on the Assassin Arturia version of the Fourth War: Clearly, the best catalyst to summon her would be Carnwennan, and if the Einzberns had that, it means that there would be two Carnwennans in use in the War, one wielded by the Shadow of the King, the other by the Magus Killer. I wonder, would the Origin bullets still work in the analogous space? Would they be needed at all? One advantage of the analogous space even if the Origin bullets would not be useful from within it is that Kiritsugu (who isn't going to want to close with his opponent if at all possible) could get into firing positions that he absolutely would not have been able to, otherwise.

How does this effect the timeline if the War? I'm thinking it will be very, very different from the canon Fourth War. What Masters or Servants would have a good chance of not being killed by these two assassins?

-- Chinese Proverb

Blog Entries
    This needs revival, especially since I'd adore seeing someone right Assassin-Arturia with Carnwennan. :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    This needs revival, especially since I'd adore seeing someone right Assassin-Arturia with Carnwennan. :3
    Do you feel up to writing a snippet? I've tried, but nothing forms for this.

-- Chinese Proverb

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    "SHIROU, LOOK OUT! IT'S A SERVANT!"

"NO, ARTURIA, YOU ARE THE SERVANTS!"

And then Arturia was this idea.

I couldn't resist. ^_^

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
    Do you feel up to writing a snippet? I've tried, but nothing forms for this.
    I think I could give it a try, at least. I do want to try writing Arturia as an Assassin with Carnwennan quite a bit. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    "SHIROU, LOOK OUT! IT'S A SERVANT!"

"NO, ARTURIA, YOU ARE THE SERVANTS!"

And then Arturia was this idea.

I couldn't resist. ^_^
    Keyne, you're awesome. XD
    Sometimes. XP
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    I think I could give it a try, at least. I do want to try writing Arturia as an Assassin with Carnwennan quite a bit. ^^
    I look forward to it. Thank you.

-- Chinese Proverb