Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dragon&Phoenix (IC)

Blog Entries

Dragon&Phoenix (IC)

This is a Co-OP Quest RP. As players, you will choose between which character to use every turn. In a sense, this is a fall back to the older RP models, so there will be things like items, stats, spells, and such for everything and everyone. Remember not to only play one character because you may need both in future endeavors.

OOC THREAD

-This is a Quest RP.
    -Everything and everyone has stats. After boss fights, boss stats may be posted. The characters will have their stats updated constantly.
    -In this game, there are many paths to power. You may gain additional perks or traits throughout the game with or without leveling up.
    -Players choose every turn which character of the two to play. That character will gain or lose whatever happens that turn while the other is on automatic depending on the actions of the players thus far.
    -If players keep choosing to play a single character, the other may become really weak comparative to the later fights. This may cause character death.
    -Remember this is Nasu-verse.

Now, without further ado…

The Dragon and the Phoenix

You were young and foolish. You thought the road to power was straight forward and simple. You expected all obstacles to crumble at your feet as you climbed your way to the heavens.

You were wrong.

At first, your Master asked you to leave the temples to assist him. He promised power… the kind that comes with learning the secrets of an ancient art. He promised you would bear witness to the full glory of a transcendent being. He promised so much.

He lied.

As your companion and you suffer in this pit of hell, in the deepest recesses of his dungeon, you came to a realization that the world is not as it seems. The tales of honor and glory are just facades for which lies and deceit hide behind. Fame, fortune, and love? Even if they existed, they would not exist for you.

Here, you are chained and bound to the walls, with innumerable other prisoners—no, prisoners is too good a word for you. You are all just sacrifices; you are all just stepping stones for the Master. When your life has been snuffed out, either by your own exhaustion or by the Master’s many mechanisms, you are tossed aside as trash. Your worth is only as much as he says you are worth…

…How long as it been?

Time seems to stand still here. Yet only suffering is eternal. You wonder how long have you been stuck in this filth filled dungeon. The rats that scurry about keep you from ever sleeping; if you lose consciousness for even a moment, they will pounce upon you and nibble at you until you are slowly bleed to death. There are many here who are already dead. Yet the Master doesn’t bother throwing the half-rotting, maggot-filled bodies out. He only throws more and more living bodies into these cells each day.

Perhaps you are lucky you are in a small cell that you share only with your friend. In other cells for prisoners not considered as dangerous as you, people eat each other alive, forced into this by hunger. Some fall to other forms of depravity, knowing that these moments are their last. All forms of the worst of humanity are displayed here, making monsters of men. The only thing that separates you and this rabble of desperation is this thin wall of metal bars.

…Suffering. Suffering, suffering, suffering. You want to die, but within, you feel as if you are already dead. You no longer think that living is suffering; you could barely think at all. All that you want is the sweet release of death, but even then you doubt that you would escape the Master.

Your teeth chatter. You are not alone. Some time must have passed, because the dungeon feels colder now. Perhaps it is because the dungeon is wetter or perhaps it is because you are weaker now. It could also be that winter is coming. You don’t know. As you turn your head as much as your chains allowed, just enough for you to strain to see your friend from the corner of your eyes, you saw the same despair you bare in your friend’s eyes.

It has been… what? Days? Months? …years? Since you have last spoken with each other. Every time you uttered a sound, it was either a cry for help or a cry of pain. There was simply no energy for anything else. But… it has been so long since either of you have spoken at all.

You opened your mouth slowly, trying to make a sound. At first, your throat was too dry. That tickle at the back of your throat that you thought was making a sound turned into a hacking cough as sticky mucus and black blood spilled out of your lips. Again, you tried and again you failed.

Your friend’s eyes are pleading to you, begging you to stop, but…

Thump…

The dungeon shook. Your chains rattled. The other prisoners whimpered and cried loudly, hoping for salvation in death.

Thump, thump, thump…

Dust fell from the roof and the ground seemed to split. The dungeon shook violently as if the earth was going to eat it whole. There was no stopping this onslaught of tremors, but to you… the world seemed to crumble right then. Perhaps sweet, sweet silence will come at last.

But you are not so lucky.

The next few moments were a blur, but… something happened. The dungeon collapsed around you, like a shattered illusion. Everything seemed to… fade.

As you open your eyes, you see that your friend and you are the only ones left alive. Everyone else was crushed, leaving a pool of blood that rose up to your ankles. The shackles are loose, and neither of you are chained to the walls any longer.

Could this mean… freedom? Or is this yet another test?

You friend speaks for the first time in months, “We must flee.”

[ ] Go back and die.
    [ ] Agree and run wildly.
    [ ] Tell her to lead.
    [ ] Other (Write-in?)

Play as Character One or Character Two?

Blog Entries
    Character One first, please

[X] Agree and run while holding her hand so you don't get separated
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Character two
    [X] Ask her to lead

Calling all ARTISTS AND SPRITE ARTISTS + XML EDITORS:

Best quote ever
    [22:49] <KnightTurtle> i am a hard M
    [22:49] <KnightTurtle> there is no shame

Blog Entries
    Character one

These people....I had known these people. we had suffered together, screamed together even, been bound by ties of torment. Of course, I had no illusions, they would have gladly traded my life for a day without torment, never mind their freedom, but even so...did we have more right to live then they? and could I be so cruel as to leave without at least.....

"shouldn't we at least look around? there may still be someone alive under the rubble"

[X] other-Ask to search for someone we missed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Character one

These people....I had known these people. we had suffered together, screamed together even, been bound by ties of torment. Of course, I had no illusions, they would have gladly traded my life for a day without torment, never mind their freedom, but even so...did we have more right to live then they? and could I be so cruel as to leave without at least.....

"shouldn't we at least look around? there may still be someone alive under the rubble"

[X] other-Ask to search for someone we missed
    I choose this choice might as well check even if it seems hopeless.

Teasing the Penguin God!

Blog Entries
    [X] Other: Ask to search for someone we missed
    [X] Character One

Your throat is raw and it hurts for you to even breathe. But even as weak as you are, you hold your friend by the wrist and shake your head. You struggled for a moment and spoke, “…we should look for survivors.”

The look in her eyes told you that she didn’t want to. She wanted to leave this place as soon as possible. Her eyes darted from you to the hole filled with white light, your only path out of this dark abysmal hellhole. As her eyes turned back to you, you could hear her teeth chattering and you could see her knees shaking. She wanted to leave and she didn’t care about anyone else. But why didn’t she run? Was it… because you didn’t leave with her?

After a moment, she nodded reluctantly. She bowed her head and whimpered, “Alright…”

Together, you shifted through the mess of mangled bodies. Everyone else had been crushed by the falling boulders. Blood, guts, and a mix of feces and other filth that had filled and piled up in this chamber for decades covered everything in a murky, red-tinted gunk. As you shift through the many piles of corpses, you found a few body parts…

…and a ring of keys. There was nothing that labeled the keys, but there were a dozen of them. They seemed similar, as if they were for other dungeons like this one too. Before you could study these keys any further, your friend tugged on the hem of your rags.

“W-we have to leave,” she cried, just as the earth began to shake again. The thunderous shaking this time almost knocked you off your feet. Luckily there were walls behind you, which you leaned on. Your friend was not so lucky and fell into your chest and knocked the air out of your lungs.

As the shaking subsided momentarily, she was no longer hesitant. With clearly evident in her eyes, she grabbed you and pulled you out of the dungeon through the hole that was made on the side of the walls. As you left the bounded field of the dungeon, you realized that you had entered an underground cavern, outside of the dungeons.

Many meters above you, there was a hole, which leaked light into the cavern. But it did not allow you to see the path ahead of you. Your eyes have adjusted well enough to the darkness, but you cannot see too far ahead either way.

As your friend pulled you ahead, you could hear a sound of water running ahead. But there were also growls of something… devious.

[ ] Character One
    [ ] Character Two

[ ] Run Headlong Ahead
    [ ] Sneak Close
    [ ] Go Back
    [ ] Look For Other Routes
    [ ] Write In: Something Else?

Inventory Updated.

Blog Entries
    This was something worrying. If there was something ahead, she was unarmed. She couldn't bear the thought of falling prey to something that existed so close to freedom. She looked at her friend. He was carrying a femur, something he could use as a weapon. She needed a weapon. Looking at him, she realized he had a spare bone on hand, and her eyes brightened. "C-Could you give me one of those?" She said, pointing to the bones.

Then, she heard the growls again. She hesitated. Was that route the best one? Perhaps there was another way out of the dungeon...

But they couldn't go back. No, anything but going back. The sheer thought of going back to those rotting, disfigured corpses, for the image of their tortured past at the hands of that wicked Magus... She shivered. However, her mind calmed down. If there was running water on that route, then that possibly meant freedom was near.

And if there were any other routes... It didn't matter. The sound of running water was too great a temptation, to clean herself of all this filth surrounding her, it would be like heaven.

But the road ahead was dark and eerie, and whatever was there could catch you by surprise. It would be better to tread carefully.

Her grip on her friend tightened with every growl. They would need to stay close if they wanted to be able to leave.

Character Two
    [X] Ask for your friend's spare femur
    [X] Sneak cautiously through the path
    [X] Stay close together
    Last edited by Erlkonig; December 9th, 2011 at 09:28 AM.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off

Blog Entries
    *starts debating on a write in*

*sees this*

The sound of running water was too great a temptation, to clean herself of all this filth surrounding her, it would be like heaven.

*man enough to know a better and more IC reaction then anything he was going to be able to produce*

^^what he said.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    This was something worrying. If there was something ahead, she was unarmed. She couldn't bear the thought of falling prey to something that existed so close to freedom. She looked at her friend. He was carrying a femur, something he could use as a weapon. She needed a weapon. Looking at him, she realized he had a spare bone on hand, and her eyes brightened. "C-Could you give me one of those?" She said, pointing to the bones.

Then, she heard the growls again. She hesitated. Was that route the best one? Perhaps there was another way out of the dungeon...

But they couldn't go back. No, anything but going back. The sheer thought of going back to those rotting, disfigured corpses, for the image of their tortured past at the hands of that wicked Magus... She shivered. However, her mind calmed down. If there was running water on that route, then that possibly meant freedom was near.

And if there were any other routes... It didn't matter. The sound of running water was too great a temptation, to clean herself of all this filth surrounding her, it would be like heaven.

But the road ahead was dark and eerie, and whatever was there could catch you by surprise. It would be better to tread carefully.

Her grip on her friend tightened with every growl. They would need to stay close if they wanted to be able to leave.
    Character Two
    [X] Ask for your friend's spare femur
    [X] Sneak cautiously through the path
    [X] Stay close together

She couldn’t even bring herself to shudder as she wrapped her hands around the slick handle of the femur. It is still wet with blood and there are pieces of tendons and other kinds of flesh all over it. But the filth that covered her hands is more than enough to provide her with a solid grip of the bone. Human femurs are perhaps one of the hardest parts of this weak species.

She tightened her grip in fear, but nodded after a moment. With determined, fiery eyes, she turned towards her friend and whispered, “Stay close to me and let’s try to sneak through this.”

He nodded, having little other choice in this matter.

The underground tunnel was tight at first, but it was one of many that led to a greater chamber. There were several tunnels that she could see by now. Her eyes have adjusted enough for that much at least. There was an underground stream, running through one of the tunnels, which pooled at the other side of this chamber opposite of them. It seemed to then stream away into a different tunnel from what she could hear, but she couldn’t see it very well.

Through the veil of darkness and the many stalagmites and boulders that littered this cavern, she saw dark shapes moving around. She saw at least two or three of them, moving about slowly. They made growling sounds like a lion and grunting sounds like a pig. They were each at least two heads taller than a normal man, or at least three or more heads taller than her.

They seemed to have fat, bumpy skin. In the darkness, she thought they had gray skin, but it was hard to tell. They were eating something that smelled so horrible that it even made her feel sick, even after the indefinite amount of torture she had. The smell… it smelled like the weapon in her hands…

As she moved closer, she noticed a soft crackling and a dim light. There was a small camp fire lit on the right side of the cavern, though most of it was out of her sight due to large obstacles.

There are many stalactites hanging above this chamber, as well as some strange, winged critters. But she couldn’t tell what they were, because they were just more dim shapes to her from here.

As they drew closer, one of the dark shapes fell into the water. It squealed, panicking, as if it had accidentally slipped in, instead of on purpose. One of the other dark shapes rumbled at the side of the water, chortling in its own monstrous way.

[ ] Character One
    [ ] Character Two

[ ] Charge And Attack
    [ ] Try Talking
    [ ] Sneak Close To Kill
    [ ] Sneak Around
    [ ] Go Back
    [ ] Write In: Something Else?

Legend
    Wavy Lines = Water
    Straight Lines = Obstacles

Blog Entries
    I felt a scream rise up in my throat and put my hands over my mouth, it made tears well up in my eyes, it was kind of a new feeling, trying not to scream.

I had become used to just letting it out, behind me, I could feel my friend tense up, frantically I tried to signal him to be quiet. Those monsters were just to big! the greasy weight in my hand was kind of comforting, but at the same time.....were those things eating people?

I want to get away.....it had been forever since I walked under my own power.

want to get away.....my body is shaking, but I just couldn't go back. Not...that way, not back...! My heart beat furiously at the thought of taking even one step back towards that horrible place, the combined feeling of misery and the sickening smell made me want to vomit. I pressed my friend down and hukered towards the ground. The pig things by the fire wouldnt be able to see anything through the dark, and I could make out an exit on the left side of the room, my friend and I were light, we could move slowly, maybe we could sneak by. I decided to see if I could find a safe path between the stalagmites and reach the exit.

After looking for an area that looked safe, I grabbed his hand and started off

[X] character 2
    [X] Plot out a quiet course
    [X] sneak out away from the fire

Blog Entries
    ^ What he said.

Teasing the Penguin God!

Blog Entries
    ^^
    Arthur-san is my waifu

Blog Entries
    I felt a scream rise up in my throat and put my hands over my mouth, it made tears well up in my eyes, it was kind of a new feeling, trying not to scream.

I had become used to just letting it out, behind me, I could feel my friend tense up, frantically I tried to signal him to be quiet. Those monsters were just too big! The greasy weight in my hand was kind of comforting, but at the same time... were those things eating people?

I want to get away.....it had been forever since I walked under my own power.

I want to get away.....my body is shaking, but I just couldn't go back. Not... that way, not back...! My heart beat furiously at the thought of taking even one step back towards that horrible place, the combined feeling of misery and the sickening smell made me want to vomit. I pressed my friend down and hunkered towards the ground. The pig things by the fire wouldn’t be able to see anything through the dark, and I could make out an exit on the left side of the room, my friend and I were light, we could move slowly, maybe we could sneak by. I decided to see if I could find a safe path between the stalagmites and reach the exit.

After looking for an area that looked safe, I grabbed his hand and started off.
    [X] character 2
    [X] Plot out a quiet course
    [X] sneak out away from the fire

Perhaps it was the stench of your filth covered bodies, or perhaps to was because of the sound of the pebbles grinding against each other beneath your feet, but one of the beasts turned your way. Its beady red eyes seemed to glow in the darkness.

It hasn’t seen you yet… but it lumbers over slowly. It must weigh a ton or more in fat and muscle, because its stomping was enough to shake the ground you were on.

As you tried to sneak around or away, its pace picked up. It knew something was there. It knew, or thought it knew, from the smell of the bones in your hands that its prey was injured. As it ran towards you and waddled through the pool of water, you moved farther away from the fire.

You are on the opposite side of the chamber now, but it would do you little good soon. The other monsters also picked up on the first beast’s actions. They growled amongst each other hungrily.

As you pulled your friend to the darker parts of the chamber, all the while trying to be as quiet as possible and avoid the monsters, you almost tripped over something on the ground. On closer inspection, it was a skeleton. Its bones were gnawed and broken. There was still a lingering scent of filth and blood on it. But it also had a rusted chainmail shirt on it. You also see a pair of large leather boots, a rusted war-axe, and a wooden shield that was framed with iron. The skeleton also had a strange, leather bound book and a mud-crusted amulet.

The beasts have almost crossed the threshold of the water now, and were just about 15 meters away.

[ ] Character One
    [ ] Character Two

Items Gained:
    1x Leather Boots (Male)
    1x Rusty Chainmail Shirt (Male)
    1x Rusty Axe
    1x Wooden Shield
    1x Mud-Covered Amulet
    1x Leather Journal

[ ] Put on the Equipment and Fight
    [ ] Take the Loot and Run
    [ ] Abandon Everything and Run
    [ ] Use Human Body Parts to Set a Trap
    [ ] Other: Write-in?

Blog Entries
    [X] Put on the Equipment and Fight
    [X] Use Human Body Parts to Set a Trap

Teasing the Penguin God!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blackdeath6031's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    [x] Character One

These things we found are a boon to us, and could help alot.

But..
    Kuh...

With the beast charging toward us, we probably don't even have the time to put on the mail.

The amulet might possess some properties, but we won't even have a clue when it's this muddy.
    To find out, we'd have to wash it by some water source.

But either way, we'd be intercepted by the beast.
    Why?
    It's too dark to see with human eyes - though beasts living in such a place would probably be much more used to the darkness than we are. But the most obvious of all potential reasons would be because they smelt, or heard something from our direction.
    And I'd place all bets that that's because of the various organs and remains we have on hand.

Fighting (prepared or otherwise), trapping the monsters or fleeing.
    What would be the best course of action?
    Regardless, it is no doubt we require more time.
    ...And we probably have the means to it.
    Skulls, I figure, would make some racket when hitting the rock.
    And the hearts and brains are probably the cause to the stench.

...Honestly, I'd hate to disrespect the dead like this.
    But perhaps it's more important to preserve those who are still alive, even if that means...
    ...Oh, better stop thinking about morality for now. The beast is steadily approaching.

I hold the amulet and book to my companion, silently gesturing her to keep them - or wear them as is the case for the amulet. Then, I retrieve a skull and a brain and, looking for the best possible direction to throw it with my compromised view range, I throw both out, hoping to distract the beasts for some time.

Hoping that it works, but not wanting to waste time checking, I equip the armor.
    After all, one must ensure protection at all times.

Without further ado, hoping that it would buy more time, I throw out another brain out to distract them a bit more, then I attempt to flee, dragging my companion with me.
    The situation here would be too tough to combat them, since they have the advantage. The weight of our items would surely be a problem, but we could probably find a part of the caverns that provides at least some advantage. Perhaps a choke point?

Anyway, staying here would be bad.

[x] Take loot
    [x] Buy time using some remains on hand
    [x] Equip armor
    [x] Buy more time with the same method, then run to escape, or at least reach a more advantageous location

Blog Entries
    [x] Character One

As they retreated quietly from the beast, he knew that it was useless. The movements of the beast as it closed in on them were those of something that knew it had them on sight. He looked at his companion's nervous face, and his face was marred with a frown. As he heard the distant steps of the Beasts, his mind was resolved.

After having been set free from that dungeon, unlike his friend, there not only lain a desire to escape, no, there was also an unsurmountable rage. Towards that Magus, towards their so called 'Master'. These creatures, they were probably made by him, to prevent an escape. That made him shiver with cold ire. How dare he, that man, think that he could eliminate us... He grit his teeth, finding renewed strength in his hatred.

He stepped forward, ripping the equipment out of the skeleton and dropping the bones attached to it. As he put the boots on, he examined the amulet and leather-bound book. Looking at the sight of the skeleton, he probably couldn't deal with these beasts alone. He looked at his friend. "Please, help me." As the leather boots were fastened, the chainmail began to come on. "I need you to take the book and the amulet. Hopefully, that book was something the Master dropped, and it's some sort of mini-grimoire. If it isn't, try to use the skeleton's bones to throw as a distraction. It seems these beasts love blood and filth, so those bones should serve much better than stones. Or who knows, it might even contain some information on that amulet, one never knows."

His now sharp eyes blinked as he grabbed the Axe and Wooden Shield. Doing a few test steps with them to see if they fit well, he nodded, lips set in a thin line. "It's time to destroy all that you made, Master." Turning to face the coming Beasts, he looked at his friend. "Get ready, take a quick look through the book, and stay behind me. Make sure to grab some bones, just in case. Or here-" He took out some of the organs he had in hand. "Use these, but save some as an emergency."

[X] Use bones, 2 hearts, and 1 brain as distractions
    [X] Give Amulet and Leather-bound book to friend
    Last edited by Erlkonig; December 10th, 2011 at 08:10 AM.
    Arthur-san is my waifu

Blog Entries
    only because I like the battle rage idea....

[X] Fight near the fire or near the stalagmites where water pools form

Blog Entries
    [X] Character One

[X] Fight near the fire or near the stalagmites where water pools form

You throw the chainmail on yourself as quickly as you can and grab the weapons to arm yourself readily. The weights of these items tug on your atrophied arms, but you are able to move nevertheless. You feel slower and weaker under this weight, but it is mostly the grim that built up on the chainmail that weighed it down. The war-axe was small enough that even you could wield it single handedly, while the shield seemed rather heavy. But this shield balanced itself well on your arm, and it covered you in a circular area evenly.

You give your friend several body parts, whispering hurriedly, “I’ll attack them, use these to distract them…!”

It must have been the adrenaline that pumped inside you, because otherwise you would have simply fell right where you stood and have been monster bait. But instead, you rushed hurriedly towards the edge of the pool…

…Wait, where is your friend?

You turned back to look for her. Your pulse quicken even more as your mind races. No! Where did she go? There were no sounds of carnage and no screams of death. She couldn’t be dead… so what happened?

Just then, you see a slick ball of… something… fly from where you were hiding. It missed the ceiling and arced around right into the water. Instead of hitting anything, however, it landed smack on top of the beast that was still in the water. The sound of the human heart splattering on the ugly thing’s head was sickening, though you have long since endured passed that point where you would vomit.

Strangely enough, the human heart did not fall off the beast’s head, as if the filth and mud on the creature’s body kept it still. The creature, however, reacted wildly, letting off a wild screech of surprise. It clawed at the top of its head loudly. Upon realizing that some kind of succulent feast had just landed on top of it, it squealed noisily.

However, this attracted the attention of the beast that was furthest along the other side of the chamber. It roared out a challenge and jumped on the creature in the water, clubbing it on the shoulders and biting its blood covered head.

But those were just two of them…

Another crawled out from a part of the cavern that you had not seen earlier. It had been obscured by the stalagmites and boulders. It turned towards where your friend was hiding and raised its nose into the air, sniffing noisily. The other beast that was free with it also sniffed in her direction.

You wanted to jump in now, but it would be suicide…

…But isn’t that what she was doing for you? She was distracting them for you, hoping that you would run away. Didn’t she care about herself?

…No, you know the answer to that already. She cared for you more than herself. Why else would she have stayed behind for you?

But this is no time for reflection!

Thankfully, you had given her a second heart. This time, she threw it at the ceiling, piercing the thick blackness that was a herd of bats. The heart plopped down a moment later between the two beasts, but both were more occupied with the swarm of bats that awakened and decided they were the reason for this disturbance and needed to be punished.

The closest beast roared defiantly, so loudly that the closest bats dove away just to get away from it. The other just used its gigantic stone club to splatter several bats on the ground. There was a layer of mud-like substance on their skin too. It was too artificial to have just built up on their bodies… it looked like it was smeared on. It was a thick crust, which prevented most of the bats from hurting them at all.

The furthest beast ignored the bats after killing a few of them, and picked up the human heart right there and gulped it down without chewing at all. It seemed content to just stand there and wave its club at the flying critters, but the closest and largest beast was not happy. It seemed to have realized where these hearts were coming from… or it must have smelled the stench on your friend.

Without another moment’s wait, it smashed its stone club against the cavern floor, causing the entire place to tremble. After half a dozen strikes at the ground, it roared and charged at your friend…

--No! You will stop it!

You stood from your hiding spot next to the pool of water and banged the axe against the iron center of the shield, causing a resounding gong that immediately caused the beast to turn towards you in surprise.

This immediate turn caused it to slip, but not fall. As soon as its balance was lost, it used one of its arms to right itself and charged at you instead.

Unlike its earlier charge, this time it skidded to a halt before its momentum would cause it to fall into the pool. Instead it raised its club high above its head. This movement was slow enough that you could see how it would swing—it would try to crush your head with a single smash of its club. You rolled away behind a pile of stalagmites before its club even began its descent and tried for a swipe at it with the axe.

The club came down where you were and made several dozen spider-web-like cracks on the floor, as well as a huge dent in the stone. But this slow attack allowed you to duck in for a strike—one that hit it too low because of your height difference. You were able to cut at it just above its knees, causing a grey-purple liquid to drip out of the cut. It was too shallow to have immobilized the beast… but the beast roared in agony.

This time, it charged blindly at you. It was relentless and much faster than you anticipated, causing you to fumble backwards in an attempt to dodge away.

You were misfortunate enough to back right into the place where it had smashed its club the first time. Your heel caught right in the hole in the ground, causing you to trip and fall backwards…

…which actually might have saved your life! The beast jumped at you, but it was too fast. Its momentum caused it to jump just as you fell, causing it to only scrape against your axe and shield mid-flight as it flew head-long into the cavern walls.

A resounding crack filled the cavern. It was the sound of bone crunching against stone. You looked up just in time to see the body of the creature fall from the walls. Its head had cracked and its neck broke against the stone walls, but gravity did something unfortunate. It fell on top of you, with its legs falling on your chest and shoulders.

It was extremely disgusting to have a face full of beast-groin, but you pushed it away with your shield as soon as you could. Your entire front was covered in something that felt like sticky-mud, but smelled worst than shit.

Just then, you heard your friend cry out. She had just ducked under a slow swipe of one of the creature’s club, which halved the height of all the stalagmites around it. She looks like she is in trouble.

You also noticed in the corner of your eyes, that one of the creatures in the pool is started to crawl out, while the other’s body seemed to float towards one of the streams that the water would flow out from. It looks like it was killed in a struggle.

[ ] Character 1
    [ ] Character 2

[ ] Run Away!
    [ ] Charge at the one attacking your friend!
    [ ] Try to pull your friend away/Run to your friend!
    [ ] Shield your friend/hide behind your friend!
    [ ] Other: Write-In!

Blog Entries
    [x] Character 1
    [x] Charge at the one attacking your friend!
    [x] Other: Attack with Axe
    Last edited by Neir; December 10th, 2011 at 01:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Blog Entries
    [X] Character 1
    [X] Charge at the one attacking your friend!
    [X] Other: Buy time for friend to escape!

Teasing the Penguin God!