Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Twelve Days of Saturnalia

Blog Entries
    “Aah, what better thing to enjoy during Christmas-times than some fine wine and sliced ham like they do in the lands named after me.”

Red eyes frowned.

“Hold a minute, you idiot! They weren’t named after you, you were named after them!” Gilgamesh replied with a quickness of a whip.

Nero sighed and looked at the King of Heroes.

“Sensei, at moments like this you should flourish a shower of praising words over me. After all, it is Christmas. You can start your gift-giving to me by adoring me verbally”, she said. “For starters, that is.”

“As if!” Gilgamesh groaned. “Besides, haven’t you already helped yourself to lots of gifts from my treasury??”

“But how else could we enjoy such luxurious food as this beautifully roasted bull-ham? It should be obvious that when eating here at my Domus Aurea, we would be eating only the best”, Nero told him.

“Aaaah! That! That ham! That’s that goddamned bull’s hindleg! And you’re telling me I’ve been eating that thing for the whole time!” Gilgamesh yelled and began spitting out the pieces of the ham in his mouth. “Do you have any idea where that thing’s been!? On whose face it has been!?”

“Excuse me?”

“…..No matter. Just keep that ham away from me. Depending on how you’re going to act, I might find myself wanting to throw you in the face with it”, Gilgamesh answered and slumped lower on the sofa. “So? When are we going to start watching the thing? I want to get these things over fast.”

“But since this is a countdown, you’ll be here twelve days no matter what, no?” Nero wondered.

“I know that. It was a King of Heroes joke. You can laugh.”

………….

There was a moment of deafening silence, and then…

“Let us just watch the story, shall we?”

“Hey! Why are you ignoring me, you good-for-nothing artist! At least it wasn’t as bad as one of your plays!” Gilgamesh complained. This, in turn, finally got Nero riled up.

“W-wha…my performances were always perfect! The poor people did not just understand them!”

“Oooh, that’s right”, Gilgamesh laughed evilly. “For that reason you had to lock the doors to prevent people from sneaking out of the theater, yes, hohohohohoho!!”

“Nnnuuu!! They just didn’t understand them properly! I were and am a magnificent artist!” Nero tried to tell Gilgamesh, but he just kept on laughing.

So, Nero’s face turned into the most dangerous expression of them all.
    She began to pout with wet eyes, almost like a kid trying to be strong.

“E-eh!?” Gilgamesh looked shocked. “N-Nero? That wasn’t meant to be taken so-“

“HMPH!”

The small back was turned at Gilgamesh, but even if something Saber-shaped made half of her butt visible to Gilgamesh, he couldn’t help but to think: “Achaa, I might have done something really bad here, if I start to thinking about it properly.”

…….Well, after few seconds, he did add: “….Since she’s Saber-shaped, after all.”

“Well, whatever…..BABBLES? Could you put the story rolling?” Gilgamesh asked.

“Hun-hun-hun!” came the answer.

And so started the short-story of the second day, this time with the title of….

Twelve Days of Saturnalia
    Day 2
    Iny miny

I guess I’ll start from the beginning.

This is the holiday-time tale of the wonderful and kind magical girl, Kokutou Azaka~
    As you might remember from my previous adventure in my school, I am an apprentice magus and a all-in-all lovable girl whose days tend to always be filled with strange events and odd mysteries. But sometimes even I get to rest and just enjoy time with my dearest, my brother, Kokutou Mikiya.

Like today, on Christmas day, as we were happily drinking eggnog and watching variety shows on the television. On top of the kotatsu was a cake that my brother had baked himself, and I must tell you, it was most delicious! After all, what kind of food wouldn’t be, when they’ve been made by the one you love?

So, as you can see, my Christmas was turning out to be absolutely perfect! It even snowed outside, a rare thing in these parts, so there was nothing more I could ask.

W-well, of course I wouldn’t have minded if Mikiya took me into his arms and carried me into the be—

Awawawa! No, I have to focus!

In any event, our Christmas was going wonderfully, and I had no reason to believe it would not continue such manner. However, fate is always putting obstacles in the path to happiness, and that happened today, also.

--------------- In other words, this woman came to visit!

“Yo, Mikiya. Merry Christmas. Azaka too.”

“What do you mean “Azaka too”. Am I some kind of side character?”

For some reason, Ryougi Shiki nowadays owns a key to my brother’s apartment, and before I could stop her or even intercept, she had forced herself inside. Dressed in that ridiculous outfit of hers, and having a santa-hat on her head, she arrived like it had been the most normal thing.

“Ah, welcome, Shiki. Merry Christmas. It seems you’re in a festive mood”, Mikiya laughed.

“You mean this hat?” Shiki looked up at it. “Touko just gave it to me, saying it would make me seem a bit cheerful than usual. For the sake of Christmas.”

“Now that you say it, didn’t Touko-san come?” Mikiya wondered. Shiki shook her head.

“She muttered something about “Christmas cakes” and left the building at the same time as I did.”

“Hooh, unexpected. I never knew Touko-san was the type that liked sweet things”, my brother said in amazement.

--------- Uh, Nii-san, I’m not exactly sure that’s the problem here.

“In any case, have a seat. It’s warm under the kotatsu”, Mikiya offered a place next to him for Shiki, who sat down. “So, how have you been?”

“Nothing out of ordinary. Well, I got a bit absorbed into this one game. Only after I beat around 100 opponents did I realize how much time had passed, and I forced myself to quit”, she explained. Mikiya laughed.

“Wow, you must have been quite a monster in that.”

“In any case, here, Mikiya. Christmas present from Touko. She asked me to bring it to you”, Shiki suddenly said and handed a large present to my brother.

“Ah, thank you. Let’s see…”

Mikiya began opening the package, and soon enough he had spread its contents to the table. They consisted of a weirdly shaped peg-leg, a hook-hand like that one captain in the children stories (which, ugh, involved fairies) and a stuffed toy parrot, which looked quite realistic. It even talked when you pressed its stomach. Sentences like “You’ll never be as popular as your look-alike!” and “Your little sister isn’t as cute!” flowed from inside it.

“Uh…this is…” Mikiya looked a bit confused. I frowned.

“Just what is that Touko-san thinking?” I wondered. But Shiki explained it for us.

“Touko said she had watched the final movie in Blu-Ray, and apparently Mikiya is going to be needing these soon…….whatever that meant”, she told us.

Mikiya shrugged.

“Well, I believe in taking care of what’s given to me”, he said, and put the things neatly to the side.

Suddenly, Shiki turned towards me.

“Touko also wanted me to give this to you, Azaka.”

And I was handed a packet that was considerably smaller.

“It seems clear that which of us is her favorite…” I murmured my musings.

And inside…was a light novel.

”Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai? …….what is this strangely annoying-sounding light novel supposed to be?” I ask for explanation from Shiki. She simply shrugs, however.

“I dunno. Touko said it would be perfectly fitting for Azaka.”

---------- That damn Christmas Cake! Mind your own business!

“Well, thank you for bringing these gifts from Touko-san”, Mikiya smiled at Shiki. “I’m sure Azaka is grateful too.”

“They were not the only things, though. Here, this is from me”, Shiki answered surprisingly, and fished a normal-sized gift from her jacket pocket.

Mikiya gave her a smile that made me want to make Shiki burst in flames at that spot, but because of Christmas, I calmed down myself. And so, I was forced to grind my teeth together as my brother, looking happier than ever, revealed two tickets from inside the gift. He adjusted his glasses and read the text in the tickets.

“Hmh? These seem to be tickets to that martial arts tournament held in Tokyo. Tournament of One Thousand Blades, or something? Wow, Shiki, these are quite rare, aren’t they? Thank you”, Mikiya said, beaming. “The least I can do is take you with me when this starts, you got the tickets after all.”

“I……don’t mind”, Shiki answered and scratched her cheek.

----------- Muuuuu! I’m gonna need to do something quickly, or else this situation will deteriorate very badly, very quickl-

“Well, I guess that’s it. I need to get going, since I still have to buy some Häagen-Dazs”, Shiki suddenly said and stood up from under the kotatsu. My brother nodded.

“I see. Well, see you tomorrow, in that case.”

“I-I’ll see you to the door!” I hurried to say and stood up with her.

This was unnatural. Shiki would have never left like this, especially if she would have been able to spend some quality Christmas time with Mikiya. I know I would have not. And that was why I knew she was up to something. Something devious. Thus, I followed Shiki to the door like a shark follows a ship, trying to catch if she did anything suspicious.

“Well, I’ll be going”, Shiki said after she had put shoes on, and opened the door.

“Wait a minute. What’s the meaning of this? Why are you turning away from this chance, unlike you would usually do?” I demand a straight answer from her.

For a moment, Shiki looks away and scratches her cheek. Then she finally answer.

“Isn’t it obvious? This is my Christmas present for you, Azaka.”

I’m left speechless. Shiki gives me one final nod, a faint smile, and leaves the house to the snowy streets outside. For few moments I stare after her, and even though she seems to be alone, nothing in her posture seems sorrowful. In fact, her steps seem little…merry? Eventually she vanishes from my sight, and I close the door. Walking back to the living room where my brother and the kotatsu are, I find myself thinking of her words, and how I should use this “Christmas Gift” I’ve been given.

And, so…
    When I get back to the living room and my brother greets me, I walk over to him, slide under the kotatsu and snuggle up to him, using his chest as a pillow of sorts. Mikiya looks at me, his face a bit surprised, but then he laughs warmly.

“What’s this Azaka? You’re suddenly as clingy as you were as a child.”

“Don’t think too much of it, Nii-san”, I answer and smile. “I just realized something, and since it made me feel happy, I decided to share my warm happiness with you.”

“And what did you realize?”

“To be honest, I think………..I think that I don’t mind Shiki that much.”

“Meaning?” my brother pushes me to say something more with a smile. I feel my cheeks heat up a bit.

“I guess…she’s a good friend.”

And after that, I have to concentrate on the television. After all, I don’t think I can take it. And by “it” I mean my brother’s smile as she ruffles my hair.

The End

“Huh. Even that perverted woman-slash-child seems to have gotten a good Christmas”, Gilgamesh said as the story finally ended.

Nero, on the other hand, chose to ignore him completely, like she had done for the whole duration of the story. It seemed that the only thing that made her act like a spoiled kid (as opposed to the normal spoiled adult) was judging her skills in arts.

Gilgamesh grimaced. He knew that he would have to do something, or these Christmas specials would go haywire in a way that he did not want to think. Plus the NEKO Spirits were giving him the kind of stares that made him feel like the bad guy. Of course he was the main antagonist in all canon works, but that didn’t mean he always had to be.

“Listen, Nero…” Gilgamesh groaned and started again. “I was bit out of line. I didn’t….uh, mean….what I said. I was just…..guh, hurt since you didn’t laugh at my King of Heroes joke.”

“….Is that it? You did not mean those hurtful words?” Nero finally answered. Gilgamesh hurried to nod.

“Y-yes. That’s right. I actually think that your works are extremely entertaining!” he assured.

This returned the energy to Nero’s eyes.

“Well, that makes much more sense! After all, I am the most magnificent artist in this world, so how could my works be not enjoyable? Haha, and here I actually felt a pang in my confidence!” she exclaimed and stood up.

“Yes, yes, they are really good”, Gilgamesh continued to brown-nose to get the moody host of this countdown to do her job again.

“Praise me more, praise me more!” Nero laughed. “Since you admire them so much, then allow me to perform my own version of “Walking in the Winter Wonderland!”

And from somewhere, a lyre appeared to Nero’s hands.
    In that moment, Gilgamesh’s face twisted with terror.

“…………………See you on the third day of Twelve Days of Saturnalia.

And after having said those despaired words, Gilgamesh got up from the sofa, and escaped with all the speed he could muster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks tobias. I'll be counting on you again if the connection doesn't allow me to post it myself tomorrow either.

Blog Entries
    “Nothing out of ordinary. Well, I got a bit absorbed into this one game. Only after I beat around 100 opponents did I realize how much time had passed, and I forced myself to quit”, she explained. Mikiya laughed.

“Wow, you must have been quite a monster in that.”
    I approve.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Verg Avesta View Post
    Thanks tobias. I'll be counting on you again if the connection doesn't allow me to post it myself tomorrow either.
    yeah, no worries.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Touko gives the best trollsome presents.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

I happen to be an expert on this topic Pata Hikari's Avatar
    Wait I don't...

Oh.

Oh.
    Fate/Stay Night: Life is an Endless Dream Chapter 12: Settling into place
    Tsukihime: Role Revert Part 10: Were you here the whole time?
    Fate + Tsuki: Slayer/Savior Part 1: Forge/Assassin
    Pata Hikari's Tsukihime Short stories: Lastest story: A Midnight Dreary

Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, this chapter was entertaining And yes, the trolling presents were great xD

Freaking Touko and her freaking trollings *laughs*

Really enyoyable. And Gil and Nero are so~~ tsundere to each other (with Nero fix'd for most of the time in the dere side, and Gil in the tsun side)... It's really cute *chuckle*

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Could someone explain the pirate reference, please?
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    I took it as Touko breaking the fourth wall and knowing ahead of time that Mikiya will lose his eye in the 7th movie, and gets an eye patch.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    I took it as Touko breaking the fourth wall and knowing ahead of time that Mikiya will lose his eye in the 7th movie, and gets an eye patch.
    But he doesn't get an eye patch, just emo hair. He needs an eye patch though.

However this was really cute, and Nero and Gil together are hilarious.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Blog Entries

However this was really cute, and Nero and Gil together are hilarious.
    ...why does this make me want to see Enkidu (F/SF version, maybe...) show up? XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Ahh yes. The hair. You're right, on both accounts. He needs an eye patch.

*nod* Because eye patches are awesome.

Blog Entries
    Hmm, sensei. Why do you think people hand out presents during Christmas?”

Gilgamesh looked over at Nero, who was playing around with magnificent golden ring she had dug up from somewhere. No, scratch that, there was only one place where she would have gotten something so grand. It had to be the “piggy bank” of certain unnamed Servant whose face turned into a mask of horror.

“Idiot! Give that back! That thing will curse your ass into the horizon and back!” Gilgamesh roared, snatched the ring and threw it back to the Gate. “But……eh, really, I wouldn’t know. Isn’t it just some stupid mongrel way of acting?”

“Really? I think it is a wonderful tradition. After all, to show one’s love of others by granting them objects which they deem worthy of them is simply beautiful idea!” Nero proclaimed. “Had this tradition existed back in my days, I would have given all the people of Rome a gift that would have lighted the fire of gratitude and love in their hearts!”

“Well, you gave them one kind of fire, alright…”

Nero sighed at that comment.

“I will not explain my actions or whatever happened that day. If you deem it necessary to judge me, so shall it be”, she said a bit listlessly, causing Gilgamesh to scratch his cheek. “Nevertheless, here! I have prepared a gift for thee. A practice gift, so to speak, as it is not yet the actual day.”

And with those words, the now happier looking Nero took a small, flat object from her pocket and handed it to Gilgamesh. He took it, frowning with anxiety, but soon his eyes shot wide as he saw what the thing was. It was a photo. A photo of a certain blonde individual wearing nothing but Christmas ribbons to cover the most shameful places.

“T-t-t-t-t-t-this is…!!!! Saber-chan!?” Gilgamesh’s voice roared with all sorts of feelings, most of them R-18. “This is really Saber-chan, isn’t it!?”

The shine in Gilgamesh’s eyes was a whole new level of gratitude. Nero laughed whole-heartedly and nodded.

“Indeed! It is a gorgeous photo you can use to admire my body, even if I am not around.”

“………………..eh?”

Gilgamesh looked at the photo again, this time more carefully. And indeed, one could tell from little details that this was definitely not the same Saber that the King of Heroes so loved.

“What the hell! I don’t want a picture like this, with your shameless body in it! Don’t try to imagine my image of Saber-chan!!” he roared.

“You do not like it? Very well, for the next photo, I shall remove the ribbons”, Nero proclaimed.

“Don’t do that! We’ll be moved to the lemon section!! This is supposed to be a SFW story!!”

Nero sighed and shrugged. Then she pointed at the NEKO spirits behind the projector.

“Well then….shall we start the story of today? The third story, this time about wanting gifts and receiving them?” she asked.

“Hun-hun-hun!” came the enthusiastic nodding from behind the projector.

And so, with grumpy Gilgamesh still holding the photo at arm’s length, the third story of the Yule-times started. Its title was…

Twelve Days of Saturnalia
    Day 3
    White

“Shiki-san, Shiki-san! Look! Isn’t that kimono just lovely?”

Kohaku made a small pirouette on the street and pointed the kimono that was on display at the shop’s window. Shiki looked at the white and red kimono, its pattern mimicking snowflakes, and chuckled. Sure enough it was very pretty kimono, and in his mind he could already imagine Kohaku wearing it during the Christmas eve.

That is…

“G-geh……one thing not so lovely about it is the price”, Shiki murmured under his breath after looking at the price-tag.

“Sooooooo…”, Kohaku pushed herself right next to Shiki, so close in fact, that he could not ignore two “bundles of joy” pressing against him. “Shiki-kun? Have you decided my Christmas present already?”

Cold sweat appeared on Shiki’s forehead. This was really not the type of situation he wanted to be in. After all, he would have been more than happy to buy that kimono for Kohaku, but in the end, he was a mere student, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception or not. And it was not as if he could borrow any money from anyone. Arihiko, at least, would not have that kind of money.

If he tried to borrow money from Akiha…

“Huh? I should help you buy a Christmas gift for that Thieving Cat!?”

------------ Nope.

Or if he tried to borrow money from Arcueid…

“Sure. In turn, you’ll be my personal servant for the next year!”

------------ Nope.

And if he tried to borrow money from Ciel-sempai…

“Tohno-kun? Are you asking me to skewer you in that spot? And make you buy curry for me?”

------------ Nope.

S-shit. This is not going to end well.
    Shiki fervently tried to look for a way out of the situation. He knew that he could not take too much time, or else Kohaku would end up pouting for the rest of the day. Same would happen if he would admit that he would not be able to afford the kimono this Christmas. So, in other words, only way he could win was to distract her somehow……

Mystic Eyes of Excuse Perception, activate!

-------------------- And there!
    On the other side of the street! There Shiki saw his one and only salvation.

“A-ah! Kohaku-san! Would you like to have some taiyaki?” Shiki nervously asked, pointing at the stall. “It would taste really good in this cold weather.”

What he got in return were eyes of disbelief.

“Shiki-san…….are you perhaps trying to bribe me with food to save your skin, like a coward?” Kohaku-san asked with deadpan voice.

-------- It seems that it would not wo-

“Oh, I’ll have some, though.”

And so, Kohaku and Shiki headed to the stall. After watching a small and amusing scene of a girl with winged backpack buying some taiyaki and forgetting her wallet, they were finally able to buy some for themselves. With a taiyaki in the hands of both, they walked over to the nearby park chair and sat down to eat. The food was so hot that steam rose from them and ascended to the sky, where small flakes of snow rained down.

“Ooh, you’re right, Shiki-san! This is absolutely delicious!” Kohaku-san proclaimed with joy. “I wonder if I should try to bake some by myself for the Christmas Day.”

“Well, at least I would like to taste them. And Akiha would love to try some too, I’m sure”, Shiki chuckled. “As long as you don’t let Hisui make any.”

“Shiki-san, that’s rude towards Hisui-chan!” Kohaku admonished him. Though she added quickly. “As true as it is…”

The two of them sat there after that in silence, eating their taiyaki. They watched the snowy streets of Misaki, the quickly darkening day would eventually be illuminated by the countless Christmas lights that could be seen everywhere. It was hard to imagine on a magical day like this that this very day had been once a scene of gruesome murders. But Shiki did not regret those days. After all, without them, he would not have attained something that he treasured more than anything else before.

“Yeah………..I guess I found my treasure here.”

“Huh?” Kohaku let out a confused sound, mouth full of taiyaki. “Did you say something, Shiki-san?”

“N-nothing, nothing”, Shiki laughed in embarrassment. “Don’t mind me. It was just stupid rambling.”

“Oooh, suspicious”, Kohaku giggled and leaned closer, as if playing a detective. “Confess up, Shiki-san! You were thinking of something perverted, weren’t you? Were you planning on doing something to Hisui-chan tonight, you beast?”

“No, that’s not it!” Shiki denied it immediately. He scratched the back of his head and frowned. “I was just thinking that I’m quite lucky that things turned out how they did.”

“Hmh? How so?”

“Well, I mean…” Shiki cursed himself for acting like his little sister. “I met you, right? It’s the best thing that has happened to me.”

“…………….”

Kohaku looked like she had been sucker-punched. Completely speechless, and with some taiyaki on her cheek. She was too surprised to even wipe it off. Eventually the silence a little more than awkward, and Shiki felt that he had to say something.

“Kohaku-san? Did I say something wrong?”

A moment of silence, and then…

“Awwww, Shiki-san! You know that I’m not good at listening to you talk to me with such sweet words!” Kohaku flushed red and buried herself into Shiki’s chest to hide her embarrassment. “You’re such a meanie!”

Shiki looked just as flabbergasted himself, before bursting into laughter.

“S-Shiki-san! Don’t laugh, I’m being very serious here!” Kohaku complained and hit Shiki’s chest with her fists.

“Ow! Ow! Okay, okay, Kohaku-san! I’ll be more careful from now on”, Shiki said, still chuckling. “But I’m not going to deny that those words weren’t a truth from the bottom of my heart.”

Kohaku, eventually, leaned back, looking still a little red. She was also somewhat pouting, but Shiki could see that she was not being serious. In fact, she was very happy when her eyes sparkled in the way they did now.

“S-so? If those words are true, then what are you going to buy as a Christmas present such a t-treasure?” she asked, her arms crossed.

Shiki grimaced. So it had come back to this.
    However, after thinking for a while, he knew how he was supposed to answer.
    And after gathering courage, he did so.

“Ehehe…….well, if I’m going to be perfectly honest………..I’m afraid I won’t be able to afford that kimono for you this Christmas, since I am a student”, he told her the truth.

Kohaku kept smiling, but Shiki could see her shoulders droop a little. And that was why he continued.

“But, even if I could, I would not buy it for you”, he stated firmly. Kohaku looked surprised.

“W-why?”

…………………..

A long silence.
    And then he admitted it.

“Because…….the kimono I want to buy you, and see you wear, has no red it in. And, in fact, it is not a kimono at all”, Shiki said. “But a shiromuku.”

It was as if all the sounds from around the two had disappeared. Only things that moved were the snowflakes that kept gently falling from the sky. Kohaku had gone completely motionless after Shiki’s words, and Shiki himself was too nervous to move a muscle. For minute or two, those two just kept on staring at each other. Then, Kohaku’s lower lip began wavering. Her eyes began wetting. Her hands began shaking. For a moment it looked like she could explode into any direction.

And then she burst into tears of happiness.

“Uwaaaaaaah!! S-S-S-S-Shiki-saaaaaann!!”

Before Shiki could react, Shiki was drowned into hugs and kisses from a single girl. A single girl, who was, at that moment, happier than anyone else in the world. After all she had been through in her life, to hear those words from the one she loved more than anything……..She had gone berserk. Berserk from happiness.

Kohaku kept bawling and sobbing, unable to form complete sentences because she simply did not know what to say.
    And so, she just kept on repeating Shiki’s name and kissing him.

Because for Kohaku, those words were, and would forever remain, as the greatest Christmas present she had received.

The End

“……………..”

Gilgamesh kept on frowning. Simply a story about mongrels’ happiness should not have made him feel anything, but for some reason, he felt like he had to dance and prance in joy. Subduing that feeling inside of him, he turned to look at the girl in red beside him.

And found her bawling her eyes out.

“S-senseiiiiiiiiii!! T’was so touching! Even a magnificent artist would not be able to create a painting that would do justice to the happiness of that moment!” she declared. “I am touched! I am so touched!”

“H-hey, wait---!” Gilgamesh yelled, but before he could stop Nero, she was already shaking him from his shoulders.

“Aaaaa! Let go! Let go you crazy woman!!”

“This is it!” Nero continued to cry. “This is why Christmas presents are so wonderful things! This is why they should be given to everyone, to give everyone even a fraction of such joy we just witnessed!”

Gilgamesh grimaced. After hearing those words, he had an ominous feeling. A very ominous and foreboding feeling. And that feeling showed up to be right, as after drying her tears, Nero turned towards him with renewed vigor.

“S-so! Sensei! Do you accept my gift?” she asked. “Has your heart been awakened by the joy of that young woman and man!?”

Gilgamesh grunted.

“Bah. As if. I have no interested in mongrels’ little love lives”, he proclaimed and looked at the picture that had been given to him. “………………………………..But…….I guess I can’t throw this away. I mean, who knows, maybe I can use this as a bookmark or something when I’m reading my original, golden books. They need thick bookmarks.”

Yeah. Gilgamesh thought that at least that he could do. It was not as if he was accepting her gift as anything else but a makeshift bookmark. No way would he accept such stupid gifts from this foolish fake-Saber-chan for any other reasons!

“……S-sensei….!” Nero looked like spring that was about to burst into movement.

“H-hey! Wait a minute, like I said, I’m just going to use this since I have no book---! Hey! Stop!”

There was a red flash as something leaped forward.

“Stooooop! Don’t touch me! Get off me, you idiot artist! You are not worthy of touching my glorious, golden form!! Nooooo! I’m not going to be able to get married after thiiiiiiis!”

And as the NEKO Spirits watched this, DESTINY sighed.

“I guess we’ll have to wait till the fourth day of Twelve Days of Saturnalia to see things go back to normal.”

Blog Entries
    easily my favorite thus far, I feel obliged to add.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks again, tobias~

Blog Entries
    I've read all the chapters up to now. They are... eh, let's just say that usually these type of "stories" aren't my thing, but these are damn good. Of course, I love the interactions between Nero and Gilgamesh.

Also, has sensei read/watched Kanon?
    [22:42] <Leo> look it's not our fault we can function properly with a cock in our mouthes

Blog Entries
    Looks like Nero-chan is finally letting herself be full-out Dere-Dere for Gil. XD
    And the same for Shiki to Kohaku. X3
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    No I just bet that was an accident, even though it fit perfectly in context and came from someone who loves doing references.

oh wait, sorry, my snark generator was pumping out to much power there, I should recalibrate it.