Thread: Fortnite

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries

Fortnite

Announced by Epic Games over the weekend at Spike TV Video Game Awards (which were themselves a endless string of atrocities, but that's another story).

It’ll have a Team Fortress 2-esque art style and, according to Epic, is directly inspired by Notch’s indie block builder, Minecraft.

Scrounge a city for building materials during the day, put up buildings, and cower during the night. Sound familiar? Apparently the focus will be on survival constructing actual buildings, however, instead of create your whole damn world like in Minecraft.

Thoughts?

They blow up that whole mall in order to create that crappy fortress. Seems like there is a better way of accomplishing that.

Edit:
    or maybe that is an apartment complex with a gas station/fast food restaurant that got caught in the blast I don't know. Also why the emphasis on signs?

These people are sooooo smart.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    They blow up that whole mall in order to create that crappy fortress. Seems like there is a better way of accomplishing that.
    Yeah, I questioned that too. Blow up a building so you can pick up the pieces and build a new one? Uh.

Or you could just barricade an existing one. Hm.

Knowing Epic this is probably Minecraft with guns. Though there is no gameplay footage yet. I hope it comes to PC at least!