View Poll Results: Which Tsukihime arc should we dub?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arcueid

31 21.53%
  • Ciel

39 27.08%
  • Akiha

38 26.39%
  • Hisui

9 6.25%
  • Kohaku

27 18.75%
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8131617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsukihime Audio Play

後継者 Successor
    Blog Entries
    I thought Nolan North was pretty new on the scene?

Speaking of Wendee Lee, I found it interesting/funny how there was this one anime she was the voice director on and she dubbed the main heroine.

Speaking of dubs though, there is something that bothers me and I hope to God there's an acceptable explanation for it. The pronounciation of certain names. i.e. Kon rather than rhyming with Don, rhymes with Cone; Gin/Jin rather than rhyming with Tin, rhymes with Bean...why is that?
    Fic's
    Wishing Upon The Sun (Fate/Guyver) - Updated: 11/04/12
    Broken on the Rocks - Updated: 20/07/12
    Spoiler:

[11:37] <Wakarimaspin> Hahahaha, an NTR doujin by Tusia with three chapters. Chapter 1: Five and Leo share pure loving relationship, ends with Leo going on a trip and Five promising to wait for him
    [11:38] <Wakarimaspin> Chapter 2: Exiku the temptress comes along and slowly erodes Five's yearning for Leo, and takes him in a moment of weakness. Ends with Leo returning to see what has happened
    [11:38] <Wakarimaspin> Chapter 3: NTRNTRNTRNTRNTR

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Chaos Greyblood's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My friends, I have some bad news. Your files on Vocaroo aren't available anymore. You need to get them ready somewhere else like the suggestions I've told you about.
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!
    Fanfic project No. 1: The Hell Biker

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We know that already, it was complained about a page ago.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Poor Chaos. He so slooooooooow.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EXiku View Post
    Speaking of dubs though, there is something that bothers me and I hope to God there's an acceptable explanation for it. The pronounciation of certain names. i.e. Kon rather than rhyming with Don, rhymes with Cone; Gin/Jin rather than rhyming with Tin, rhymes with Bean...why is that?
    Isn't that, uh, because that's the way it's pronounced in Japanese?
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

I realize the deadline for auditions was the end of January. Would you still consider new entries?

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dude, right now there is no organization. As long as you up your audition somewhere permanent you can get in.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Ah yeah, Crispin Freeman. Respect.

Quote Originally Posted by EXiku View Post
    I thought Nolan North was pretty new on the scene?
    He isn't that new, but mostly minor roles in the past. Nathan Drake in the Uncharted series was really his breakout role, and he's got TONS of work ever since.

Speaking of Wendee Lee, I found it interesting/funny how there was this one anime she was the voice director on and she dubbed the main heroine.
    Brad Bird did something like this in The Incredibles! Apparently he was auditioning an actress for Edna Mode, and when he performed an example of what she wanted it was so good she told him to do it himself

Because it's the original Japanese pronunciation. For me, it's weird when they don't do it!
    If you're going to butcher a name you might as well just change it altogether! Ichijou Hikaru => Rick Hunter lolz

後継者 Successor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianru View Post
    Isn't that, uh, because that's the way it's pronounced in Japanese?
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    Because it's the original Japanese pronunciation. For me, it's weird when they don't do it!
    If you're going to butcher a name you might as well just change it altogether! Ichijou Hikaru => Rick Hunter lolz

Sorry, that's not what I meant (what I wrote made perfect sense in my cold-addled mind); in JP Kon rhymes with Don (not Cone/Phone) and Gin/Jin/Kin rhymes with Bin/Tin (not Bean/Seen) JP uses short sounds that are lengthened when doubled up or paired with certain characters.

While this doesn't occur in dubs all the time (compare how Jin is pronounced in BlazBlue as opposed to Tekken Blood Vengeance) it is a little jarring, and annoying when it's in a long running series like Bleach (haven't read/watched in ages...)

Sorry, it's one of those things that hit my Instant Rage Button...even when my bro pronounced Zwei as Zwee instead of Zvye because he watched a few vids with people saying Zwee I got annoyed...

Quote Originally Posted by careph View Post
    I realize the deadline for auditions was the end of January. Would you still consider new entries?
    I think the deadline's been changed to March now, so you're good.
    Last edited by EXiku; February 23rd, 2012 at 04:39 AM.
    Fic's
    Spoiler:

[11:37] <Wakarimaspin> Hahahaha, an NTR doujin by Tusia with three chapters. Chapter 1: Five and Leo share pure loving relationship, ends with Leo going on a trip and Five promising to wait for him
    [11:38] <Wakarimaspin> Chapter 2: Exiku the temptress comes along and slowly erodes Five's yearning for Leo, and takes him in a moment of weakness. Ends with Leo returning to see what has happened

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Okay, this is one of those things that is maybe causing confusion because we have different regional pronunciations? :P

Jin/Gin does rhyme with bean/seen to me, if only slightly shorter. But you're right about the incorrect long O sound.

後継者 Successor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    Okay, this is one of those things that is maybe causing confusion because we have different regional pronunciations? :P

Jin/Gin does rhyme with bean/seen to me, if only slightly shorter. But you're right about the incorrect long O sound.
    Could be a regional thing, but it's based on what I'm hearing between the two versions...even my younger bro (who's learning JP a bit more actively than me) hears it :/ I'll see if I can find an example; though from what I can hear of JP the 'i' is short and the 'n' sort of tapers making it sound longer, while in the dub the 'i' is lengthened...I guess it could be a result of trying to make it sound similar to the JP but since the 'i' is short anyway, I'd expect it to rhyme with Tin to be closer :/

Gah! Okay! End!
    Fic's
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Speaking of FFXIII, these are the good ones!

Ok, no more derailing, sorry.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; February 23rd, 2012 at 08:33 AM.

Blog Entries
    It's not derailing if you get them to voice this project for us. :3
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

後継者 Successor
    Blog Entries
    I'd totally play that game...
    Fic's
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    I've begun yelling "STEELGUARD!" whenever I play FF13 now

Makes it way less boring, since it practically plays itself.

Ok, so when I get home late tonight, Shiki lines, Cookie Monster Arihiko, horrible random accent Roa.

I don't care if I don't get picked, but this is for fun.

Ginger Magus

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That was incredibly amusing, sir!
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Chaos Greyblood's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You did that trailer yourself? o.o
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!
    Fanfic project No. 1: The Hell Biker

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Certis Baliano View Post
    WHY IS THIS NOT BEING QUOTED MORE
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?