Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [FSN/???] Final Stage - Gilgamesh's Greatest Opponent (One-shot)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Don't ask, I asked and regretted.

I mean it.
    I want to know. This is serious.

Lyco, care to elaborate a little more? Why did he make a deal with Mephisto?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    I want to know. This is serious.

Lyco, care to elaborate a little more? Why did he make a deal with Mephisto?
    Aunt May was dying slowly, and Peter couldn't stand it. At all. Seriously, he went into all-out Heroic Blue Screen of Death.
    So Mephisto dropped by to make him a deal. Aunt May would live, but Peter's secret identity would go back to being a secret, but...his marriage to Mary Jane would cease to exist.

My childhood!!! WHY!???
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    That's pretty fucking retarded.

Blog Entries
    Yes, yes it is. Really, really retarded. Like who the new Venom is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle whosaidthat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What's more retarded is all the character development that we had before said deal. Peter managed to say his last good-bye to his aunt and she died in peace, just for that stunt to be pulled.
    Fate/Core Hero [Fate Stay Night/???]

Blog Entries
    It's even more retarded.

Aunt May was shot with a gun (yes a normal gun), and not even Doctor Strange (who has GODS on speed dial), Reed Richards (who has a TIME MACHINE) couldn't save her.

In the end Aunt May said she didn't mind dying, and Peter made a deal with Mephisto to save her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner90 View Post
    Shirou looks at a butter knife and his brain thinks "yupp, that's a weapon, off to my RM you go."

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    What's really retarded is that all of the superheroes in the world couldn't save a single dying old lady. Oh, and they made a follow up to One More Day that just made things even worse.

EDIT: GAH! GUY I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE A SNIPER!

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Omegastar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aunt May was dying slowly, and Peter couldn't stand it. At all. Seriously, he went into all-out Heroic Blue Screen of Death.
    So Mephisto dropped by to make him a deal. Aunt May would live, but Peter's secret identity would go back to being a secret, but...his marriage to Mary Jane would cease to exist.

My childhood!!! WHY!???
    Mephisto had Spiderman at the palm of his hand....and he made it so peters secret is back to being a secret and his marriage is noal and void....WORST PLOT END AND WORST DEVIL EVER!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastar View Post
    Mephisto had Spiderman at the palm of his hand....and he made it so peters secret is back to being a secret and his marriage is noal and void....WORST PLOT END AND WORST DEVIL EVER!!!
    To be fair, what happens when a hero loses his soul to mephisto on comics?

The others get it back, so it was not that stupid.

Although the rest comic made up for this random act of inteligence.
    Shirou looks at a butter knife and his brain thinks "yupp, that's a weapon, off to my RM you go."

One more day is in the same limbo as the Tsukihime anime. It doesn't exist, period!

If you want to restart a show, restart it, instead of doing that... "thing"

Luckily for me, I didn't read it, I just know of its existence.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH---!!!!!! DreamsRequiem's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    Why he did not used against Shirou? Because Shirou is just a faker, he does not deserve to glance upon Ea.
    ...But he did use it against Shirou. Seen here:

http://fsn.seorinwastaken.com/u/UBW16-04-223.jpg
    http://fsn.seorinwastaken.com/rn/UBW16-06-005.jpg

The Lycopocalypse: Click at your own risk
    FGO NA Support:

IGN: Kurama Satou

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamsRequiem View Post
    My bad, what I meant is that he did not used like he used against Saber or Alex.

The images show a desperate moment, which called for a desperate awnser.

Blog Entries
    Gilgamesh pretty casually pulls Ea out just to mess with Shirou before UBW is deployed. He even hits him with an Enuma Elish, and Shirou survives, and pisses Gil off in doing so. He seemed to have done it because seeing Shirou's reaction to it would have entertained him, but that kinda backfired when Shirou survived.

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    Okay! I'm back from college, but I'm still swamped with homework! Wee.

First of all, thanks for all the feedback. You're great, guys. And Guy. Just for pun :3
    Anyhow, I have a little bit of time to explain the setting, and to try to explain/handwave a
    few things.

So let's begin:

ABOUT THE SETTING
    Okay, I'll admit I got the idea for this fic from playing Marvel vs. Capcom yesterday. I remember that game from my childhood,
    and I got a chance to play it again, so I had it fresh on my mind. I wrote the fic as if I was describing a fighting game, which
    is why some things...don't really make sense (like Gil not opening with GoB, or the "sudden energy", equivalent to a Super bar).

Basically, when I started writing, I only had a few things set on stone:
    -Gilgamesh fights Onslaught
    -Gil uses one of his Supers, Gate of Babylon, to defeat Onslaught I.
    -Gil uses his Hyper, Enuma Elish, to defeat Onslaught II.

Since I made things up as I wrote, I tried to interpret things as if I were playing Marvel vs. Capcom. In fact, originally, GoB and
    Enuma Elish were going to be the other way around...until I remembered Enuma Elish is more powerful.

ABOUT ONSLAUGHT
    I'm not an avid comic reader, but I can paraphrase Wikipedia. Like Lyco said, Onslaught is basically what happens when you
    take the evil parts of Professor X's and Magneto's minds, and fuse them together. From what I've read, it took the combined
    effort and sacrifice of many Marvel heroes to defeat him.

In Marvel vs. Capcom, the Onslaught saga was used for the plot, while adding Professor X calling for help to heroes from
    another dimension (that would be Capcom) before he became Onslaught. So, I used the same reasoning to bring
    Gil here (or something like that, hence his reaction at the beginning).

Like Lyco also said, Onslaught is kinda OP, and cheap. Especially in the game. So much, some people consider him the most difficult
    final boss in the entire Vs. Series. His attacks in the fic, and overall the entire fight, was inspired by my own experience in the game.
    Seriously, the guy took me like 10+ continues. Cheap. I also looked up his attacks and some quotes on the Net for reference.

Here's some footage of him for reference:
    Video 1
    Video 2

ABOUT EA
    I'll be honest. I didn't know that little detail about Ea. I did know that Gilgamesh didn't take his opponents seriously, and thus
    refused to go all-out unless he deemed his opponent worthy enough (like Iskander). However, since I was writing from a fighting
    game perspective, and I just didn't see Gil as the type who would use punches and kicks for the whole fight, I thought I should
    give him a weapon. I was in a hurry when I wrote this, so the only things that came to my mind were Ea and GoB.

Again, fighting game perspective, so I decided to have him use Ea as a weapon, and have GoB as a Super of sorts. I even
    had the mental image of what the fight would be like. And later I even thought how to make Enkidu a special (the chains hold the
    opponent and Gil proceeds to beat the cr*p out of him).

ABOUT ONE MORE DAY
    Let's...just not talk about this. Even I know. So, please, let's drop it. -_-;

Well, I hope this is helpful if any of you didn't understand something about the fic. I'll put a link to
    this in the first post.
    Okay, my time's up, and I gotta go back to do my homework.

Once again, thanks for the feedback.
    See ya.

Blog Entries
    Gilgamesh pretty casually pulls Ea out just to mess with Shirou before UBW is deployed. He even hits him with an Enuma Elish, and Shirou survives, and pisses Gil off in doing so. He seemed to have done it because seeing Shirou's reaction to it would have entertained him, but that kinda backfired when Shirou survived.
    After the "Oh my god I'm fucked" from Gil, not out of respect.

And I still don't know how he survived that. Maybe Emiya is such a manly music that made Shirou invincible?

^ No worries man, everyone make mistakes, the writing was pretty good.

And I understand your logic on making the fic.

And about One More Day, agreed.
    Last edited by Guy; December 15th, 2011 at 11:32 PM.

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    on the fic, er, nice idea i guess and by the bounds on the fighting game gil could beat him. but canonically onslaught would beat gil like a rag doll so bad not even enkidu would recognize him.

in short nice story but impossible with just gil.

as for the spiderman issue, well joey joe joe Q ain't marvel editor in chief no more.

and to be correct onslaught was an event villain. event villains are supposed to be nigh unstoppable. it makes people team up.

like fighting big G or the whole DC superman prime or blackest night stuff. it reminds us that all these guys do in fact live in the same unis.
    http://forums.darksidemoon.net

come join us, Darksidemoon is a new forum for discussion of all things tm

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

Blog Entries
    To be fair Gil has itens that allow him to defend against Professor Xavier and Magneto, so unless Onslaught has other powers he would not stomp on him too hard.

It would be a battle of hax against raw power, Onslaught would win of course.
    Last edited by Guy; December 16th, 2011 at 06:12 AM.

Worried Soul That Watches Larekko12's Avatar
    The only problem I had with it was tat every time Gil blocked a physical hit should have damage Onslaught severely.
    Then let it break, if it shatters to pieces then forge an even better blade to take in hand. Should that blade crack then forge once again, untill the battlefield is a graveyard of blades that have fallen and but a single sword claims the field that embodies the world. Let that sword bear the world untill its time comes and time blows its dust to the winds. Then forge again.---Eric Dagger

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    so unless Onslaught has other powers
    he's the collective dark side will force of two very powerful people and yes he is more then the sum of his own parts. also i highly doubt gil has a wooden helmet of psychic shielding so he can't defend himself against Onslaught in the first place. as i said in the context of the fighter it's a fun idea. just impossible given the facts regarding the involved characters.
    http://forums.darksidemoon.net

come join us, Darksidemoon is a new forum for discussion of all things tm

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

Blog Entries
    After the "Oh my god I'm fucked" from Gil, not out of respect.
    This was before Shirou deployed UBW. Gil was winning the fight, and basically brought out Ea for shits and giggles. Gil wasn't being pressured at all at that moment. He later pulled out Ea in UBW when Shirou had the upper hand and got chopped off before even getting a chance to fire Enuma Elish.

So he went for it twice vs Shirou. Once was "lol, check this out, Faker." The second was "Oh shit oh shit oh shit, I need Ea!"

And yes, Shirou surviving it didn't make any sense. Let's call it plot armor and call it a day.