Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [FSN/???] Final Stage - Gilgamesh's Greatest Opponent (One-shot)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    This was before Shirou deployed UBW. Gil was winning the fight, and basically brought out Ea for shits and giggles. Gil wasn't being pressured at all at that moment. He later pulled out Ea in UBW when Shirou had the upper hand and got chopped off before even getting a chance to fire Enuma Elish.

So he went for it twice vs Shirou. Once was "lol, check this out, Faker." The second was "Oh shit oh shit oh shit, I need Ea!"

And yes, Shirou surviving it didn't make any sense. Let's call it plot armor and call it a day.
    Oh yeah, my bad, remembered wrong, I just remembered the second time.

And plot armor it is.

^^ Mind reading in the Nasuverse is VERY common, I believe it is not too fallacious too believe he has a NP against mind reading, the guy has an shield against 2nd magic for example. I agree that Onslaught would beat Gil, just not that bad as you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner90 View Post
    Shirou looks at a butter knife and his brain thinks "yupp, that's a weapon, off to my RM you go."

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle whosaidthat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is Marvel, only DC can beat them, "because ours goes up to eleven".

Right, Superman?
    Fate/Core Hero [Fate Stay Night/???]

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mind reading
    telepathic powers are not JUST mind reading and further it's more common in the marvel u and you need three people to stop just X when he's being nice about it.

Onslaught can easily replicate cerebro's effect on X's powers and add that to the fact that he doesn't have hesitation anymore regarding personal space (mentally speaking) and you have a war machine who needs serious fire power to take down, and on that note i should add that realistically Ea, the gate and his armour are useless by virtue of magnus' powers.

and gil ain't the hulk so i do think he would be beat as badly as i've stated.
    http://forums.darksidemoon.net

come join us, Darksidemoon is a new forum for discussion of all things tm

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    telepathic powers are not JUST mind reading and further it's more common in the marvel u and you need three people to stop just X when he's being nice about it.

Onslaught can easily replicate cerebro's effect on X's powers and add that to the fact that he doesn't have hesitation anymore regarding personal space (mentally speaking) and you have a war machine who needs serious fire power to take down, and on that note i should add that realistically Ea, the gate and his armour are useless by virtue of magnus' powers.
    Why is Ea useless? There is no evidence that it is made of metal, it's made from a material so alien that UBW can not comprehend, and anyway has proto Gae Bolg, you are telling me that a weapon that can make destiny his bitch it's not effective? I fail to see how.

But anyway, it seems I won't convince you otherwise and vice-versa, so let's agree to disagree?
    Shirou looks at a butter knife and his brain thinks "yupp, that's a weapon, off to my RM you go."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Why is Ea useless? There is no evidence that it is made of metal, it's made from a material so alien that UBW can not comprehend, and anyway has proto Gae Bolg, you are telling me that a weapon that can make destiny his bitch it's not effective? I fail to see how.

But anyway, it seems I won't convince you otherwise and vice-versa, so let's agree to disagree?
    I always believed Gungnir didn't had it's auto-hit function (since legends tend to disagree with each other) and that was simply an effect of Odin being that good at throwing his spear. The appeal of that spear is in being the mystic code of the man that alledgedly mastered all forms of magic, which totally makes him at least Bi, meaning it is a kick ass amplifier of magical power. Once in UBW, it's possible for Shirou to replicate a ton of spells with it, if he get's more creative on his reality marble usage.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by whosaidthat View Post
    I always believed Gungnir didn't had it's auto-hit function (since legends tend to disagree with each other) and that was simply an effect of Odin being that good at throwing his spear. The appeal of that spear is in being the mystic code of the man that alledgedly mastered all forms of magic, which totally makes him at least Bi, meaning it is a kick ass amplifier of magical power. Once in UBW, it's possible for Shirou to replicate a ton of spells with it, if he get's more creative on his reality marble usage.
    Odin traded one of his eyes so that he could have much better aim, IIRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Odin traded one of his eyes so that he could have much better aim, IIRC.
    Prophecy comes with better aim too? Should have stayed with deep vision then, at least he won't have doomed everyone irreparably by scrying the future every single week.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by whosaidthat View Post
    Prophecy comes with better aim too? Should have stayed with deep vision then, at least he won't have doomed everyone irreparably by scrying the future every single week.
    The Norns handle the scrying. Skuld specifically, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    Okay! I'm back, ready to answer all inquiries again!
    *reads last 2 pages*
    Okay, let me try this:

on the fic, er, nice idea i guess and by the bounds on the fighting game gil could beat him. but canonically onslaught would beat gil like a rag doll so bad not even enkidu would recognize him.

in short nice story but impossible with just gil.

as for the spiderman issue, well joey joe joe Q ain't marvel editor in chief no more.

and to be correct onslaught was an event villain. event villains are supposed to be nigh unstoppable. it makes people team up.

like fighting big G or the whole DC superman prime or blackest night stuff. it reminds us that all these guys do in fact live in the same unis.
    Okay, I understand what you mean. I may not read many comic books, but I do know that Onslaught is very powerful in the comics. I think I mentioned that it
    took a lot to beat him, and if I remember correctly, he still survived. However, since I based the idea on the game, well, it does become a bit more plausible. After all,
    this is the series where Roll (a housekeeping robot) can beat Onslaught, and Phoenix Wright (a lawyer) can beat Galactus.

Anyhow, I've also read all the discussion about whether Gil can or cannot beat him in canon...Let's try to avoid that, before it gets out of hand, 'kay? ^^;
    Different universes, laws and rules...I just want to avoid flames. Let's just say this is a "Marvel vs. TYPE-MOON" game, and continue...
    *phew*

Quote Originally Posted by Larekko12 View Post
    The only problem I had with it was tat every time Gil blocked a physical hit should have damage Onslaught severely.
    I...think I understand. I guess you mean that Onslaught should have been hurt every time Gil blocked his attacks.
    Um...well...
    *fidget fidget*
    Fighting game mechanics!
    Ahaha...ahaha..ha...
    Okay, I don't know...;_;

Well, thanks for all the feedback guys!
    And thanks for reading the fic! I thought it would fade into obscurity quickly...
    Well, I guess my confidence went up a little.
    Who knows. I may be able to write more in the future.
    Although I still prefer to help out others with their ideas. I'm pointing at you, Lyco.
    Well then, see ya.

Blog Entries
    Keep working man!

I look forward to see more of your work!

Worried Soul That Watches Larekko12's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KAIZA View Post
    I...think I understand. I guess you mean that Onslaught should have been hurt every time Gil blocked his attacks.
    Um...well...
    *fidget fidget*
    Fighting game mechanics!
    Ahaha...ahaha..ha...
    Okay, I don't know...;_;

Well, thanks for all the feedback guys!
    And thanks for reading the fic! I thought it would fade into obscurity quickly...
    Well, I guess my confidence went up a little.
    Who knows. I may be able to write more in the future.
    Although I still prefer to help out others with their ideas. I'm pointing at you, Lyco.
    Well then, see ya.
    It could be a special trait of Gil. Like how Chun li double jumps or The head of Shield is tougher than most.
    Then let it break, if it shatters to pieces then forge an even better blade to take in hand. Should that blade crack then forge once again, untill the battlefield is a graveyard of blades that have fallen and but a single sword claims the field that embodies the world. Let that sword bear the world untill its time comes and time blows its dust to the winds. Then forge again.---Eric Dagger

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    It could be a special trait of Gil. Like how Chun li double jumps or The head of Shield is tougher than most.
    Oh. Well, then it could work. Although it may be a little bit OP. Keep blocking through most of the match, and your opponent will wear
    himself down. Then finish him with a GoB, even through massive chip damage if blocked.
    Then again, the MvC series does have a lot of OP characters :P (Neutralize, Neutralize, Neutralize, Hyper Sentinel Force!)

Blog Entries
    A MvC game is balanced because everyone is broken.

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    A MvC game is balanced because everyone is broken.
    Hahaha!
    I lol'd, but true.

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Why is Ea useless?
    the guard in made of metal, therefore Onslaught can yank it away from him, not to mention the guy is covered in metal so he could be made to drop ea.

anyway has proto Gae Bolg, you are telling me that a weapon that can make destiny his bitch it's not effective? I fail to see how.
    the target is three people therefore the homing effect is canceled by not actually having a target.

took a lot to beat him, and if I remember correctly, he still survived.
    they separated the minds in question that made him up so it counts.

Different universes, laws and rules...I just want to avoid flames.
    hey like i said, in the context of the fighter it was good. it's just not realistic in the manner of canon
    http://forums.darksidemoon.net

come join us, Darksidemoon is a new forum for discussion of all things tm

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    hey like i said, in the context of the fighter it was good. it's just not realistic in the manner of canon
    Heh, no worries, and thanks for the feedback!

Blog Entries
    the guard in made of metal, therefore Onslaught can yank it away from him, not to mention the guy is covered in metal so he could be made to drop ea.
    Like I said it's not proven. The material could be easily older than the concept of "metal".

the target is three people therefore the homing effect is canceled by not actually having a target.
    I don't think this is true...

But I won't argue any further.

Worried Soul That Watches Larekko12's Avatar
    IT magic ancient metal that may not be magnetizeable. It can also have ancient divine enchantments. Also the block trait can back fire hold down oo long and it press to you skin causing you to take damage and then get take a defense penalty.
    Then let it break, if it shatters to pieces then forge an even better blade to take in hand. Should that blade crack then forge once again, untill the battlefield is a graveyard of blades that have fallen and but a single sword claims the field that embodies the world. Let that sword bear the world untill its time comes and time blows its dust to the winds. Then forge again.---Eric Dagger

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    Also the block trait can back fire hold down oo long and it press to you skin causing you to take damage and then get take a defense penalty.
    Fair enough.
    Although some players may still find a way to break the game even with the penalty. :P
    All in all, it makes for good fun.

Blog Entries
    IT magic ancient metal that may not be magnetizeable. It can also have ancient divine enchantments. Also the block trait can back fire hold down oo long and it press to you skin causing you to take damage and then get take a defense penalty.
    What I meant is that Shirou could not understand the weapon, it hurted to look at it (if I remember correctly), if it was a "metal" he could at least use a nerfed copy like with excalipoor, but he cannot even look at it.

EDIT: Now I'll stop arguing about it.
    Last edited by Guy; December 16th, 2011 at 08:19 PM.