Page 138 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3888128133136137138139140143148 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 3036

Thread: Fate/Apocrypha Translation (no spoilers)

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    Uh, I thought you were talking about Saber.

No spoilers, Amado-kun.
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Yeah, I actually thought you were talking about Saber as well.
    yes I was. it's quite obvious but I should keep it spoiler for now.

Mo & Go's bro just started!

Blog Entries
    Hmm? So Jeanne can detect the Servants but she can't make out their classes from that method, huh?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    A bit unrelated to the topic on hand but man does the Shinji fight suck in Fate/Extra with only a level 9 Caster. Would have been easier if I had just bought that stupid +50 mana shirt to keep stalling that attack+ ability of his Rider.

That's extremely off topic. Why didn't you post it in thread about Fate/Extra?
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    That's extremely off topic. Why didn't you post it in thread about Fate/Extra?
    Cause for some dumb reason I thought I was in the Fate/Extra thread. Whoops.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "In that case, Sighişoara would probably suit your needs better. There are quite a few buildings from the Middle Ages still standing here, but I don't believe they don't have much historical value."
    "I believe they don't have" or "I don't believe they have".
    don't quote me on this

Fixed.

First part of chapter 4 should come this weekend, I had bits of it done quite some time ago.

Unrelated news: High Allagan Cuirass!
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    that headgear looks like black saber's "can't see shit" visor
    don't quote me on this

In its defence, you can make that visor bit flip up, making it better than like 90% of all other head pieces.
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth

Chapter 4. Having some trouble with one particular line so I'll stop short and leave it for the next update.

---------------------------------------

The man was pure muscle.

However you think about it, that is the only word that can do him justice. Anyone who sees this giant of a man - over two meters tall - will find their eyes drawn to his extraordinary mass. The sense of hopelessness only increases as you tilt your head to try and guess at his height.

From the innumerable scars carved into his pale skin, one can easily imagine the immense amount of training and battle the man has overcome. However, it is obvious that not a single one of those wounds had truly pierced him.

After all, what could come of taking a paring knife to a ball of metal? The man's body is a steel mass in itself. A sharp blade may cut his skin - even draw some blood - but it stops there.

His arms alone are virtually the size of crocodiles. There is nothing covering his pectorals, but it is clear that the toughness of his body is practically armor. His legs trudge along with the force of mammoths.

Leather straps tightly coil around his entire body, including his face, but he does not appear to be suffering. In fact, the man is smiling, as though enjoying it - as though asking, is this all that constricts me? Certainly, the straps around his waist and between his legs cannot be considered protection at all.

That is fine; his flesh is not something meant to be contained within armor. If anything, it is unnecessary. That is the immensity of the man's mass.

The man crashed through the forests east of Trifas as evening set in. To the onlooker, a fish walking on land may be more believable; he stood out like a sore thumb against the abundance of nature that surrounded him.

He is the Berserker of the Red.

"Would you stop, Berserker?!"

Someone was pursuing this unchained brute. Leaping from branch to branch, a girl clad in verdant green called out to Berserker again and again. Her cold, sharp eyes contained a beastly glint. Her hair stretched out long and unkempt, utterly devoid of the silkiness that one would find amongst those of noble birth; however, it befitted someone which such an feral appearance. Yes... she may well be a beautiful beast in human form.

Berserker chortled and answered her words without ever breaking stride.

"Ha ha ha! I cannot respond to that order, Archer. I must bring myself to that castle, to where the oppressors are."

Archer shouted in exasperation.

"You gull! We merely wait until the time is ripe! Why do you not understand?"

However, Berserker did not stop. He continued to walk, one powerful step after another. He had been walking for two days already, and spotted by passers-by more than a few times. Archer could only pray that that shady priest had things under control.

"To me, the word 'wait' does not exist."

This is it - Archer decided to give up on him. More accurately, seeing as she could not persuade him, she chose to focus on supporting him instead, as ordered.

"Only a madman, in the end... this task is beyond me."

She sighed as she muttered to herself - but she was answered by another.

"I guess so... not for nothing is he a Berserker."

Archer looked up towards the source of the voice; standing on one of the branches was a man with a carefree smile on his face. He was pleasing to the eyes - but not in the way of knights of old whom softened the hearts of noble ladies with their courteousness. His eyes were those of raptors, he was of a strong and firm build, and yet he was free from any appearance of crudeness. He looked the image of a great hero - one adored and admired by any man and woman, young and old, who looked upon him.

He was the Rider of the Red - the man who, according to Assassin's Master, could match the invincible Karna.

"Rider... do you suggest we forsake him?'

He shrugged and replied.

"Do we have a choice? The only thing he can think about is fighting. You're the strange one here, trying to talk him out of it."

"I was rather skilled in the restraining of wild beasts. I did fancy putting a shaft through his knee and being done with it, but..."

If she had done so, Berserker would undoubtedly have changed his course and rounded on her instead.

"Well, I'm glad you decided not to."

"So, why did you come?"

Rider grinned affably, as though he had been waiting for her to ask.

"Why else? I wanted to make sure you were all right."

"Indeed."

Archer showed no embarrassment, surprise or even anger. She simply did not react to his words at all - even though said words, coming from someone of Rider's demeanor, should have flustered even a virtuous wife.

But to Archer, who had lived in the wild alongside beasts, words of courtship hold no meaning. Rider scratched his head awkwardly as she shrugged off his sure-fire advance with ease. He coughed and returned to his original mission.

"Anyway... we were given the role of the rearguard: support Berserker if reasonable, and gather as much information as possible."

"The enemy is already close at hand. I dare say he will reach the fort in the small hours. No doubt he will be checked before then."

"Huh... well, in any case, here's hoping some of the Melas will grace us with their presence."

Both Archer and Rider are superb hunters and warriors. They hold no illusions about winning a battle against seven entrenched Servants with barely half that number.

"Stopping such a Berserker calls for two Servants at the very least - if they do not send their entire force."

Yes - stopping that man would require such an exceptional effort.

"Yet... he truly has leapt from our given understanding of what a Berserker is."

"I'll agree with that. You'd think his Mad Enhancement was low, seeing as we could talk to him..."

However, the Mad Enhancement of the Berserker of the Red is an irregularity. It is possible to talk to him, but it is impossible to communicate fully. He does not disobey commands as much as he simply does not understand them. Even an order given with a Command Spell will do nothing more than weigh him down; two Command Spells are required to stop him.

"The Thracian gladiator and symbol of rebellion, Spartacus... what an obdurate man."

Spartacus was a Roman slave and gladiator who escaped with seventy-eight of his comrades. He later repulsed an assault force of nearly three thousand, becoming a hero and inspiring armed uprisings by slaves in many places. In the end, he was betrayed by the pirates whom he depended on, and cut down by the Roman legions - but until then, he had not lost a single battle. He remained a shining beacon of hope to the undertrodden slaves.

He hated all oppressors, his will to fight set aflame by those with power. This mad warrior fought the masters to protect the weak - care for them, heal them - but moreso than anything else, to stand in defiance. That is the Berserker of the Red.

"Where is your mount, Rider?"

"Well, we're here to gather information... no need to give them any in return. I'm keeping them out of this."

"Hmm... I suppose that will not prove to trouble you. What of your weapon - is it a sword, or a spear?"

"A spear, of course."

Rider and Archer continued to pursue the loosed Berserker; there was no way they could lose track of his slow, unwavering stride.

"By the way, Archer, there's one thing I want to ask..."

"Ask, then."

"Have you seen your Master's face?"

"I have not... I have only met the mediator for my Master... that priest."

----------------------------------------

I still haven't worked out what the forest's name is supposed to be... maybe next time it's mentioned.
    Last edited by Canon; June 9th, 2014 at 11:16 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Spartacus confirmed for manliest Servant. Resists command spells and don't wait for nuthin.

He was the Rider of the Red - the man who, according to Assassin's Master, could match the invincible Karna.
    This match better happen in Vol 5.
    Last edited by Christemo; June 7th, 2014 at 11:18 PM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    A very nice update, Canon.

It looks like we can add "level-headed" and "not affected by pick-up lines" to Archer's character traits.
    Spartacus is interesting as a Berserker who isn't crazy but is still unorderable.
    And it seems like Rider is a bit suspicious of Shirou...
    Last edited by Rafflesiac; June 8th, 2014 at 10:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Amazigh's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    Spartacus confirmed for manliest Servant. Resists command spells and don't wait for nuthin.

And he doesn't need Magic Resistance to do it. XD

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hoho, nice update! Spartacus, Altanta and Achilles all around.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Spartacus is interesting as a Berserker who isn't crazy but is still unorderable.
    what???

Blog Entries
    Woop woop.

Achilles failing with his lines almost brought a tear to my eye. ;w;
    I know that feel bro.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    what???
    Well, he's talking coherent words.

I mean yeah, he can't comprehend orders, but he's not roaring rectangles like Herk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Achilles should ask Atalanta for a race to win her heart. He's faster than her, right?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotheos View Post
    Achilles should ask Atalanta for a race to win her heart. He's faster than her, right?
    Well yes, he's the fastest hero.

Yo guys, I don't think they've actually said what Rider's name is. Or that thing that Christemo just mentioned. Can I please get some bans in here, mods?

Still, that must have been a weird summoning if they never even saw any of their faces.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」