Page 152 of 152 FirstFirst ... 52102142147150151152
Results 3,021 to 3,036 of 3036

Thread: Fate/Apocrypha Translation (no spoilers)

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Apparently I am not a patient man.

I was planning to wait until the editing is done, but since volume 2 was finished by EDreamer, I cant hold it back anymore and make a pdf for Volume 01, completed after I cleaned and typeset the illustrations, both mono and colored, with translation for the colored provided by CanonRap and EDreamer.

Here's the link.

Gonna make version 2 when it was completely edited / the Afterword is translated.

NB: BL format is apparently a pain in the ass to be used in MSword
    Last edited by castor212; January 5th, 2015 at 12:16 PM.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

NB: BL format is apparently a pain in the ass to be used in MSword
    No kidding. I compiled a version on my own (maintained it with every update), and it was a pain in the *** to get used to dealing with it every time.
    You did a much better job than I did though, so I'll be using yours.
    Thanks for your work. Appreciated.
    FGO accounts, MP for FCs; updated: 21/05/2017

Blog Entries
    I will still keep mine until 2nd vol gets compiled since I stucked Unbirth, Vol 1 and Vol 2 into RTF format. I'll just save that PDF for later re-read.

Me, fighting? Perish the thought. Stasis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Best course is to pray that UBW anime will sell enough well for ufotable to jump at adapting other stuff. I don't think Apocrypha will be first in the line, but a good candidate after Ataraxia is adapted.
    Well it will surely depend on the studio who decides to adapt it (since it seems A-1 decided to work with TM) but...

Technically before 2011 it would have been more logical to resume the adaptation of FSN instead of Zero. In terms of date - and, well, I don't have any ideas of the true numbers, but also sales - even Hollow Ataraxia would have seemed more appropriate than Zero.

But they didn't do any of them.

Those are only pure suppositions, but Apocrypha being directly the next one isn't necessarily unbelievable.

What comes next is the popularity of the LN itself. Which is greatly advantaged thanks to certain character (if not 2).

Blog Entries
    I know there is kind of boom for Apocrypha doujins now as at least one of big name doujin creators started churning out non-ero ones.

Yeah I know. I have no idea of its quality, but I think it would be interesting to see it translated. After all it might be good.

Blog Entries
    Those three I found have at least nice art judging from covers and several sample pages.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Because I really, really like to have my version of pdf has all the content, I tried my hand on translating the Afterword, which then got (quite heavily) proofread and edited by a very good acquintance of mine.

Here's the link of the pdf volume 01 version 2, completed with the Afterword:

And here's the afterword itself:

Spoiler:

Now then. Regardless of finally writing the afterword, writing [Fate/Apocrypha], this still felt somewhat surreal for me. As if I was in the middle of a vague dream......

But since I've come this far, let's look back at the past events that has led me here.

First things first, the beginning. I think it all started about 4-5 years back. I remember that a very distinguished person named Nasu Kinoko joined us for a meal. Right in the middle of our conversation—

"By the way. Do you want to try creating Servants?"

"YES."

While thinking to myself that this guy had suddenly said a pretty outrageous thing, I paid a visit to the TYPE-MOON Office, and ended up producing a mountain of new Servants that just kept on growing. That was my first encounter with [Fate/Apocrypha] and [Fate Online].

Even amidst the overflowing charm of the Servants, having Jeanne D’Arc emerge as a Servant was something that I took great pleasure in. If you think about it, in the time of [Fate/stay night]'s publication, everyone thought that Saber was Jeanne. Well, they were completely wrong~!

After several seasons passed unknowingly, I received the news about some talks for [Fate Online], saying that "That was such a waste..." After all, those 14 amazing Servants had truly existed at that point of time.

And so, the seasons changed once again. The rejected plan of [Fate/Apocrypha] was compiled in the [Fate/Complete Material IV]. It seemed like it then became a considerably hot topic, and a certain editor in Kadokawa sent me a request asking if I would consider writing a short story for [Fate/Apocrypha]. That was the predecessor of the current project, titled [Unbirth] (included in TYPE-MOON ACE Vol. 7).

At that point of time, it was decided to arrange a fake announcement of a short story of just one Master and a Servant. However, during the meeting where the great TYPE-MOON read it, it ended up become "Why don't we try to make this an actual novel?", thus leading to the creation of this afterword.

It’s been 5 years since the very first time anyone laid eyes on the materials for the setting. I might have taken the long route to get to this point, but I feel I've been extremely blessed—it's almost as if we absorbed all the luck of the Lancers—but thanks to that we were able to get the work out to the world.

I would like to express from the bottom of my heart my gratitude to those who never gave up on this [Fate/Apoccrypha].

Now that I’ve been entangled into the world of [Fate], I finally understood the reason big bro Urobuchi was led to write [Fate/Zero]. It really is fun writing the world of [Fate]. Imagining the setting for both the magi and the Servants has been nothing but exciting. Speaking as a fan, there was no time when I feel more blessed than this. Not to mention the official announcement makes it all the more.

In the earlier magazine's interview, I said that for me, [Fate/Apocrypha]'s concept is such that other readers will go "Oh, so there's this kind of Fate as well." The progression and system would have been impossible in [Fate/stay night] and [Fate/Zero]… but this story was born out of a desire to see such system and progression occur. If someone somewhere out there reads this novel and is inspired to create their own version of [Fate], or come up with interesting Servants, then it will bring me joy beyond what I expected.

Last but not the least, my thanks to the one who had willingly researched historical works concerning magecraft—Miwa Kiyomune-sama; to those who have been involved in the Servants creation and designing for the online project; to Konoe Ototsugu-sama, I will forever be indebted to you for working like a demon to draw the vast amount of character; to various people who have given me their assistance, Takeuchi Takashi-sama, Nasu Kinoko-sama, and to everyone from TYPE-MOON.

[Fate/Apocrypha] is scheduled for a thick composition of four volumes. Now then, let's meet again in volume 2 (if all goes well around summer)!

You know. Just so we can get this completely completed.
    Last edited by castor212; September 12th, 2015 at 09:14 AM.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    ^
    thanks for adding the afterword, because it's really interesting.

so that's how Kinoko persuades an Author, 'do you want to try creating servants?' it's super effective lol

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

create a servant?
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    "Very distinguished person" - o.O

"fan" - ah
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Excuse me sirs, but I have a question regarding volume 1.

In chapter two, Darnic adresses Vlad like that :

"Lord, for a lowly magus such as myself, no amount of deliberation would allow me to concieve the same thoughts as the great Dracula."

Isn't it totally illogical? I mean Darnic is supposed to care about Vlad's problem with his reputation. But here he doesn't notice it at all. He does reprimand Darnic, but it's absolutely not about that.

So I wanted to know...Why?
    You never know when those things come in handy...

Spoiler:

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He was called Draculea in life (Son of the Dragon). His father was called Dracul (the Dragon) because he was a prominent member of the chivalric Order of the Dragon.

i.e. his Dracula/Draculea name is actually unrelated to his vampiric reputation.
    don't quote me on this

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Yeah, the name "Dracula" itself isn't what he has a problem with, it's the fact that the name was misappropriated to the story of a monstrous vampire. What he wants to erase is the "legend of the vampire Dracula", not the name itself.
    ~The sage cries out. "Open, Gates of Heaven. Bless us and bestow miracles upon us!"~

Fate/Apocrypha Translation Collaboration Project: My site (NanoDesu Translations) and CanonRap's site (Quality Mistranslations)
    Volume 1 (CanonRap): Complete | Volume 2 (Me): Complete | Volume 3 (CanonRap): Ongoing | Volume 4 (Me): Complete

Fire Girl Translation: NanoDesu Translations
    Volume 1-1: Complete | Volume 1-2: Complete | Volume 2-1: Complete | Volume 2-2: Ongoing

funily enough, in Romania,nowadays Dracul is used to refer to a devil, not dragon so i wonder what Vlad would think of that...

Oh ok I see, I didn't know. Thanks.
    You never know when those things come in handy...

Spoiler: