Page 23 of 152 FirstFirst ... 13182122232425283373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Apocrypha Translation (no spoilers)

Blog Entries
    Do we even know how Nasuverse selection process works?

Nope. Just a point, but before she went full rebel she was described as beyond idealistically chivalrous in terms of behavior and conduct. So this rage rage rage thing is probably just a phase.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Nope. Just a point, but before she went full rebel she was described as beyond idealistically chivalrous in terms of behavior and conduct. So this rage rage rage thing is probably just a phase.
    Or Morgana never explained to her what periods were.
    ...don't hurt me. ;A;
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Told that it is her right to inherit the throne, Morgan bid her to one day defeat the King and take "his" place. She did bare that same obsession as her mother, but before all that was her adoration for King Arthur. She felt ashamed of her twisted birth, unconsciously acting jealous of normal people, and, with the special innocence that children possess, she worshipped the "perfect king."
    She protected the way of the knights much like that which could only be found in picture books, working hard daily in being the ideal knight, all while hiding her dislike of others.
    Not quite perfectly innocent, but I agree that the whole "rage" thing started after being rejected by daddy.

Though, it makes me wonder: at Camlann Arturia told her she never hated or despised her, and that the only reason she rejected her was because she didn't think Mordred was capable of being king. Since she now knows her father never hated her, why would Mordred still be so full of rage if it wasn't her 'true' personality?
    I get it that she'd still harbour a wish to prove herself, but since she no longer has a proper reason to hold a grudge, why is she still so bitter? If she loved her father so much, shouldn't she feel at least a little guilty that she killed him/her over a misunderstanding? This is just me, of course, but I'd say that if the "rage" phase were only due to rejection, then Mordred should not be acting this way now, which means she had a bad temper back then too.
    Last edited by Polly; April 7th, 2013 at 11:46 AM.
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    Shishigou also seems to me like the kind of person who knows how to deal with that.
    Shishigou should summon Gilgamesh!

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    This pair and Jeanne are the main reasons I'm reading this.
    Ah! It's all about Chiron and Karna, ladies and gentlemen.

(And Shirou Kotomine. Shakespeare. And Sigurd, And Achilles-ok it's about a lot of characters.)

Blog Entries
    Sigfried honestly sounds utterly dull to me. Not henshin Sigfried, normal.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ahh, I remember a similar argument some time ago in... I think it was the fanfic threads? We were talking about Saber's kingship, and the argument went to Mordred.

I don't remember exactly what I said, but I pointed out that Mordred did not have a childhood per say, and as she was raised by Morgan with the fixated idea that she was the King's heir, and she was going to be accepted by Arthur, and she was to become a better knight and king than Arthur, Arthur's rejection was basically a slap to the face of what her life was supposed to be. And since she probably was too focused on that path and that goal, she probably never even had time to learn how to deal with such feelings, hence what her reaction culminated into.
    Not saying there is no fault in Mordred, but I don't think she had the chance to know her own feelings or how to deal with them, so to speak.

EDIT

Not quite perfectly innocent, but I agree that the whole "rage" thing started after being rejected by daddy.

Though, it makes me wonder: at Camlann Arturia told her she never hated or despised her, and that the only reason she rejected her was because she didn't think Mordred was capable of being king. Since she now knows her father never hated her, why would Mordred still be so full of rage if it wasn't her 'true' personality?
    I get it that she'd still harbour a wish to prove herself, but since she no longer has a proper reason to hold a grudge, why is she still so bitter? If she loved her father so much, shouldn't she feel at least a little guilty that she killed him/her over a misunderstanding? This is just me, of course, but I'd say that if the "rage" phase were only due to rejection, then Mordred should not be acting this way now, which means she had a bad temper back then too.
    Mordred probably had a bad temper to begin with, yes, and a twisted perception of things, but I think her upbringing and the fact that she hadn't completely matured in mind are factors that heavily contributed to it.
    She probably has very complicated feelings on the matter still, and the best way she knows how to cope with them is with resentment and wrath.
    Last edited by YeOfLittleFaith; April 7th, 2013 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    15 Servants + 14 Masters + Homunculus

too many bloody characters

kill em all

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    ^ then I recommend you MPII.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenieth View Post
    Hey, he's still Sigurd. His name alone gets him a little time under the spotlight of the readers. ;D
    Last edited by Sherrinford; April 7th, 2013 at 11:53 AM.

Blog Entries

Well, it's not like we've seen a lot of him yet.
    But I'm cheering for Team Mordred/Shishigou and Team Jeanne anyway.

Do we even know how Nasuverse selection process works?
    Well... if I may shamelessly promote myself... you can read my fic to see my take on it?

Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    Ahh, I remember a similar argument some time ago in... I think it was the fanfic threads? We were talking about Saber's kingship, and the argument went to Mordred.

I don't remember exactly what I said, but I pointed out that Mordred did not have a childhood per say, and as she was raised by Morgan with the fixated idea that she was the King's heir, and she was going to be accepted by Arthur, and she was to become a better knight and king than Arthur, Arthur's rejection was basically a slap to the face of what her life was supposed to be. And since she probably was too focused on that path and that goal, she probably never even had time to learn how to deal with such feelings, hence what her reaction culminated into.
    Not saying there is no fault in Mordred, but I don't think she had the chance to know her own feelings or how to deal with them, so to speak.

EDIT

Mordred probably had a bad temper to begin with, yes, and a twisted perception of things, but I think her upbringing and the fact that she hadn't completely matured in mind are factors that heavily contributed to it.
    She probably has very complicated feelings on the matter still, and the best way she knows how to cope with them is with resentment and wrath.
    I agree with everything you said. I just can't express all my thoughts in a single post without creating a text-wall.
    Last edited by Polly; April 7th, 2013 at 11:56 AM.
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured

Blog Entries

Not hating your child doesn't mean the kid's going to be all "Oh no skin off my back old man."
    Mordred wants to prove Arturia wrong. And Arturia never even specified what makes a good king and even considers herself a total failure.

I don't believe Mordred's rage is directed solely at her father but at her station as a whole.

She's "rage against the machine" in a pint size package.

Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    15 Servants + 14 Masters + Homunculus

too many bloody characters

kill em all
    Without too much spoilerish speculation, I'm starting to doubt if there will be 14 Masters at all.
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

Blog Entries
    well, I had high hopes for Mordred...... ;D and i'm not disappointed. Let the Story Flow! Let the Tsundere surface in you! x3

Quote Originally Posted by CanonRap View Post
    Without too much spoilerish speculation, I'm starting to doubt if there will be 14 Masters at all.
    Good point. Aside from Shiroumine and Shishigou, I don't think Red has any Masters at all. ._.

Huh. Same motivation for Mordred as Arturia, just in different ways. "I wanna redo the selection, because FUCK the current king!"

It's almost like this writer is a hack who's just writing apocryphal fanfiction.

But war has changed - and they have agreed to this Great War, readily accepting this united front.

WAR. WAR NEVER CHANGES

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeWannabe View Post
    "I wanna redo the selection, because FUCK the current king!"
    I don't understand. There is no current king. You mean Charles? Did stealing the Greater Grail in WWII somehow lead to Elizabeth II dying early?

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I figured Mordred's hatred of Saber is more a reaction to her rejection of Mordred than anything else. Like if you get rejected by someone you like or don't get a job you want, a lot of people will say stuff like "Well I never wanted ____ anyway" to try and make themselves feel better.

In Mordred's case, she was basically raised abnormally like Ilya and had nothing to latch onto but Arthur, so when she got rejected her reaction was proportional... kind of like Ilya and her "grudge" against Kiritsugu.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

In the first place, Arthur was supposed to be immortal due to Avalon so there shouldn't have been a need for a heir as the King was perfect and immortal (or at least supposed to be, but we know better). Mordred wasn't supposed to exist, but Saber still took her as a knight. The main problem here, besides the fact that Arthur had her own issues, was the fact that Mordred was raised to aspire to something that was never going to happen and as a result she couldn't deal with it any other way besides, you know, rebelling.

In other words, Blame Morganna.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    well, Mordred wouldve been fine if Saber just wouldve accepted her as her child; we know she didnt even ask her to do it publicly. unless Apocrypha-author significantly changed her story.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    All goes back to the old "the perfect king can't understand the hearts of men" bit.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeWannabe View Post
    Huh. Same motivation for Mordred as Arturia, just in different ways. "I wanna redo the selection, because FUCK the current king!"

It's almost like this writer is a hack who's just writing apocryphal fanfiction.
    Well, if not in originality, I kinda like the way they're making their character motivations. I will take that back if something like Mordred just acts the same way throughout (though that kind of mistake should be glaringly obvious).