Page 80 of 152 FirstFirst ... 30707578798081828590130 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 3036

Thread: Fate/Apocrypha Translation (no spoilers)

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    And it's not as if you couldn't pretend Gilgamesh wasn't entirely unaffected.
    Q-Q-QUADRUPLE NEGATIVE!

And it's not as if you couldn't pretend Gilgamesh wasn't entirely unaffected
    -> And it's not as if you couldn't pretend Gilgamesh was affected
    -> And you can pretend Gilgamesh was affected

damn you people, making me think
    Last edited by aldeayeah; July 18th, 2013 at 08:30 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    If there's any way for Jeanne to not be blackened, I'd say it would be thanks to EX Magic Resistance...

Btw, is AM even in Apocrypha at all?
    No, they accidentally spilled the grail when they were loading it into their boat. AM is at the bottom of the ocean, where it evilly scares fish.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Official request: could someone scribble/doodle a drawing of Angra Mainyu with a nyoron face sipping tea with Cthulhu at the bottom of the sea?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    Q-Q-QUADRUPLE NEGATIVE!

The crux of beeing spanish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    Official request: could someone scribble/doodle a drawing of Angra Mainyu with a nyoron face sipping tea with Cthulhu at the bottom of the sea?
    Avenger-AM, Sehai-kun-AM, or the closest we get to see his appearance as an actual born beeing, aka buddha-posing skinny giant with red skin and a head made of fisheyes (funny how nobody ever drew fanart of bon AM..)

Blog Entries
    Q-Q-QUADRUPLE NEGATIVE!

Huh

I didn't even realize I had done that. The wonders of the topsy-turvy English language

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Shlugo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    CHOO CHOO, ALL ABOARD THE KARNA-SIEGFRIED-VLAD-JEANNE-SHAKESPEARE SUPERPOWER LOTTERY TRAIN.

Don't look at me, that's what the novel says.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    I can generate despair-inducing grammar too; I just try hard not to!
    Last edited by aldeayeah; July 18th, 2013 at 01:45 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I can generate despair-inducing grammar too; I just try hard not to!
    But non-spanish people generally dont despair at that. Because they are used to it.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    CHOO CHOO, ALL ABOARD THE KARNA-SIEGFRIED-VLAD-JEANNE-SHAKESPEARE SUPERPOWER LOTTERY TRAIN.

- - - Updated - - -

Joking aside this was a fairly interesting chapter. Calling it right now, Kairi will use the dagger on Chiron, 100%. While i´ve sorta grown on the Kairi-Shishigou combo, I really wanna see who the other 2 mercenary dudes that Kairi know are (Gene Rum and Rottweil Berzinsky) and more specifically who the fuck Karna's Master is, considering Karna is apparently being goaded around by Shiroumine. Does the theory about Shiroumine killing all the Red Masters have some merit? If so, I wanna ask how in the hell he can sustain 6 Servants and keep them at their fullest.
    Jeanne? As in "Enuma Elish ain't got nothing on me" and Karna, as in "Gil's genitals will taste delicious once properly boiled"?

Those two are the definition of "godmode enabled" for Fate. I just wonder who the fuck has enough prana to power the monstrosity that is Karna's prana cost. Considering he's one of the strongest summonable servants and has no access to Independent Action...

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine View Post
    I hope the bits with Jeanne that are coming up explain how the Ruler works in detail, I'm pretty interested in it. Under what circumstances does it get called out to supervise the war, does it know about the Avenger inside the grail and does it care, why does it have to possess a human to function instead of being a normal spiritual body servant, does the grail and/or Angra Manyu control her directly like a master or is she autonomous, these are things I'm eager to know.
    Probably when you hack the Holy Grail by activating the reserve system. That pretty much means something's off and someone needs to go and fix it. And the body is probably because it has no master to provide a constant prana flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Loyal-to-Lelouch View Post
    But it was a half-god-turned-all-out-Olympian-god-without-a-mind Herc when it happened.

Archer Herc in all his fabulous-ness might be different.
    And as for Jeanne, I said that based around the idea of how she's the personification of 'Purity'. Holy Virgin, sent by God, EX Magic Resistance and all that.

I mean, it can't be that only Ultra Mega Ego can withstand Ultra Mega Corruption.
    I think it's less Divinity and more Magic Resistance, so yeah, Jeanne could probably resist it with some difficulty, though she would probably get murderous impulses and symptoms of being possessed to some extent. Vomiting, drowsiness, headaches, bad temper and all that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Nasu makes a big deal of Gilgamesh being a big deal. He's the first and greatest, the blueprint of all heroes to follow, the great King, etc. He's speshulest of all.

And it's not as if you couldn't pretend Gilgamesh wasn't entirely unaffected. I've seen some people try to reconcile the subtle differences in his behavior between the two installments as Grail taint, but now I'm the one guilty of fanwank.
    It's the internet, if you like it, it must be wank.

As with Gil, I think it could've been AM or the state of the world. It is mentioned that Gil did seem annoyed by how freaking retrograde some of the world's people could be (and morality be damned, I wholeheartedly agree with that) and how everyone seemed to conform rather than try changing everything. In fact, Gil would've probably been happy to be summoned during the Cold War or five years later...

- - - Updated - - -

Avenger-AM, Sehai-kun-AM, or the closest we get to see his appearance as an actual born beeing, aka buddha-posing skinny giant with red skin and a head made of fisheyes (funny how nobody ever drew fanart of bon AM..)
    Weird, I'm Spanish and I'm not confused. Guess that's the crux of fellow illiterate Spaniards.

But non-spanish people generally dont despair at that. Because they are used to it.
    I'm not in despair at that, but if that's a problem, most of my adolescence and my recent internet life are filled with so much despair I could be eligible for replacing Angry Man You.

Also, am I the only one that believes Mordred is being absurdly moe?
    Last edited by AsGryffynn; July 18th, 2013 at 07:37 PM.

Blog Entries
    Enuma Elish aint got nothing on me
    Gil's genitals

What are you talking about?

Cause it sure sounds like a lot of bullshit.

Like how The one Native American Gil master chick was the greatest thing ever when actually she just had fire magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenieth View Post
    Gil's genitals

Like how The one Native American Gil master chick was the greatest thing ever when actually she just had fire magic.
    I think he's saying that EX Rank Magic Resistance would protect against Enuma Elish (very dubious) and that Karna can defeat Gil with Vasavi Shakti (possible).

Blog Entries
    Sounds more like he thinks they're better than Gil without really much to go on with either. Cause that sure didn't sound situation specific, like at all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
    I think it's less Divinity and more Magic Resistance,
    Why would MR matter in the slightest against All Evils of the World? Their existence as Servants is broken down when they get into the mud.

Saber, who has better MR than Gilgamesh, says that Gilgamesh is the only Servant that could stay sane against that curse.

Now, that doesn't mean that literally no other Servant could (because Saber doesn't know all of them) but it does mean that MR doesn't mean a thing against it, because otherwise Saber would deal with it better than him.
    Last edited by Siriel; July 19th, 2013 at 12:00 AM.

Blog Entries
    Jeanne? As in "Enuma Elish ain't got nothing on me"
    Found my new sig.

Blog Entries
    Weird, I'm Spanish and I'm not confused. Guess that's the crux of fellow illiterate Spaniards.
    fuck you too, buddy

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Gil's genitals

Nope.

As far as I know, all Noble Phantasms (or at least most of them) are magical in nature, and Jeanne's EX ranked Magic Resistance protects her against Wide-area attacks, so something like Ea probably counts...

Vasavi Shakti needs no explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicMask View Post
    I think he's saying that EX Rank Magic Resistance would protect against Enuma Elish (very dubious) and that Karna can defeat Gil with Vasavi Shakti (possible).
    This.

Sounds more like he thinks they're better than Gil without really much to go on with either. Cause that sure didn't sound situation specific, like at all.
    Basically, no Jeanne is going to no sell anything that isn't a projectile or melee arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Why would MR matter in the slightest against All Evils of the World? Their existence as Servants is broken down when they get into the mud.

Saber, who has better MR than Gilgamesh, says that Gilgamesh is the only Servant that could stay sane against that curse.

Now, that doesn't mean that literally no other Servant could (because Saber doesn't know all of them) but it does mean that MR doesn't mean a thing against it, because otherwise Saber would deal with it better than him.
    So it must indeed have to do with personality instead. If that's the case, then there are a handful of heroes that should be able to withstand it.

fuck you too, buddy
    You first!

Blog Entries
    Nope.

As far as I know, all Noble Phantasms (or at least most of them) are magical in nature, and Jeanne's EX ranked Magic Resistance protects her against Wide-area attacks, so something like Ea probably counts...

Vasavi Shakti needs no explanation.
    MR protects against "garden variety" magecraft. Sure, Servants and their Noble Phantasms have some magic to them, but there's no precedent for MR blocking all things even tinged with magic. Gae Buidhe and Gae Bolge's curses, for instance, were able to affect Saber in spite of her awesome MR.

It looks like you're trying to wank Jeanne into some Ea-tanking, Angra-resisting badass just because she has high MR, even though MR doesn't work that way. Ea rips apart the very foundations of reality as we know it, and Angra Mainyu goes beyond simple magic and undermines a Servant's very essence. They may have a magic root or cause, but there's nothing to indicate Jeanne is immune to the results.

If Jeanne is immune to any Noble Phantasms as I have idly speculated about before due to her role as GM NPC, I bet Enuma Enlish is the one that could still take her out. Doesn't target her but kills the world around her and she goes along for the ride.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    NPs are similar to magic but run on a custom ruleset.

Blog Entries
    So basically he's coming to assumptions about a chick we've not seen yet other than rune readers.

I mean she doesn't even have a star next to her rank.