Page 1 of 152 12361151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Apocrypha Translation (no spoilers)

Fate/Apocrypha Translation (no spoilers)

EVEN NEWER UPDATE: This page will act as my table of contents for Apocrypha Volume 1, I can't be buggered to keep editing this first post and that at the same time. The latest 'drafts' of the translation will be posted in this thread and linked on that page accordingly.

-----------------------

UPDATE: The completed Act 1 (edited, with inserts) can be found here.

------------------------

This was pretty much just out of passing interest, so far this is the first page out of 9. Probably will continue, eventually. As usual, please alert me to any issues.

EDIT: Fixed the weird formatting. Was going to post this somewhere else.

------------------------

The sage cries out. "Open, Gate of Heaven. Bless us and bestow miracles upon us!"

Act 1 - Unbirth

-- It was a place endlessly surrounded by cravings.

Gluttony and lust bring forth avariciousness and a hunger for fame, in turn bringing forth violence and cajolery. Everyone gladly threw themselves into this endless hell.

The women sell their bodies, the men sell their violence.

The men sell their bodies, the women sell their honor.

Laughing, and being laughed at; devouring, and being devoured; jeering, and being jeered at; harming, and being harmed; violating, and being violated.

This is Shinjuku.

A place that only truly shone in the darkness of night.

A never-before-seen, and never-again-shall-be, battle royale between magi who had attained the qualifications of 'Master' and heroes summoned as 'Servant' -- that is the Holy Grail War.

A magus who had qualified and was now preparing to join the battle was here in Shinjuku as well.

However, he still had a dilemma.

...He could not summon his Servant.

On the roof of a multi-tenant building, a magic circle was drawn in human blood.

The etched circle glittered crimson -- and abruptly, as though something had been cut off, the light was lost.

".........It's not working."

The man dropped his shoulders in disappointment.

Before his eyes were four strangely-shaped knives and two butcher's knives.

It was a symbol to summon the Servant.

Using the six blades favored by that 'serial killer', the magus attempted to summon the Servant -- and failed.

"This isn't enough. Yeah, it's totally not enough."

Generally, having an item with an affinity to the heroic spirit will suffice in summoning a specific Servant.

For example, the sheath of the holy sword once wielded by the King of Knights.

Or perhaps the fossil of cast skin from the first snake in the world to shed its skin.

If you could prepare something like that, drawing a specific Servant is comparatively easier.

However, there existed two points which led to the failure of the summoning this time.

One was the caliber of the man as a magus. In this Holy Grail War, entirely unlike the Fourth, there are fourteen magi who become Masters. By necessity, there are also fourteen Servants. It is double the norm.

Following this, the Grail that originally would support the summoning can only exert half its strength, and the rest must be made up for by the magus.

And regrettably, the man was nothing more than a second-rate magus.

Another point was how weak the heroic spirit the man had been trying to summon was.

He was weak, though merely in terms of belief.

The Servant the man had been trying to summon was an existence from merely one hundred twenty years ago.

Despite his fame, he was not one who could match those who were worshiped as gods and heroes.

In short, what was needed -- was a push, by any means necessary.

"Now, what should I do...?"

As he lamented, the man scratched his head.

After a moment, he thought of a good idea. These six weapons were specialized blades used practically for one 'deed'.

In that case -- when would these weapons exercise their most proper function?

The answer was, obviously, when they were being practically used.

He will create a situation where these lethal weapons can be practically used -- if he can do this, the connection with the Servant should become strong enough for a summoning.

"So basically, I need a woman."

The man picked someone suitable for the role immediately.

There was a woman who sold her body to make a living. That was exactly what the woman currently by his side did, wasn't it? She was originally just a woman on whom he had cast a suggestion when he infiltrated this city. He had no hesitations in treating her as something disposable.

"...All right, let's do it."

As he incinerated the magic circle and left the building, the man's eyes switched from cold ones belonging to a magus to ones reminding you of a warm and innocent young man.

A host was his profession, his working name "Hikaru". The magus, true name Sagara Hyouma, melted away into the city of cravings -- practically perfectly.

To Rikudou Reika, the sounds of the heart were strange.

As her heart thumped, she lived. Without this sound, her brain, organs and limbs would be dead.

This fist-sized organ, sounding as though this small sound was all that it could manage, allowed one to live.

Reika could not help but feel it strange.

One does not live, but is allowed to live by the heart.

Hazily thinking such things -- that was how she spent her life, simply being swept along.

She still did not know what its purpose was.

Perhaps it was because she did not have a family.

Perhaps it was because she had been abused before she was adopted.

Perhaps it was because she could not do anything when she was a child.

......Reika knew nothing.

However, even if she did not know, a human being cannot survive without making money.

Even Reika knew this, so for the present, she decided to live on by selling her body.

Fortunately, she had never had trouble with a client.

Why did someone like her, passed by and suddenly hit on by a host on the streets, so easily agreed to live together with him -- knowing that she would be exploited?

Reika did not know why she did that, but it hurt her head to think, so she stopped.

Sagara Hyouma was kind.

At least, he did not use violence against her. The most he had ever done was ask for small sums of money.

Even when he did this, he did not threaten violence. He simply requested.

For some reason, she could not defy his requests -- she could never even have the intent to.

She did not quite understand, but perhaps this was the thing called "love".

Reika would think of this in that way. She would think of this, and be happy.

One day, the man may wake up by himself.

Or perhaps he may continue their love.

Marriage? Childbirth? A family? Or perhaps, divorce?

Both being far off into the future, they were a bother for Reika to think about.

She did not know what will happen in her life during the coming days, but at least, she will be allowed to live to the next day -- so Reika thought.

And she knew that this was wrong.

(Continue.)
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; September 11th, 2013 at 08:26 PM.
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Very nice, thank you for doing this!
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    ...Nice. Looking forward to more.
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

Thanks CanonRap!
    Looking forward for the next part.

Quote Originally Posted by CanonRap View Post
    The sage cries out. "Open, Gate of Heaven. Bless us and bestow miracles upon us!"
    Where have I seen this before? As a sig? From whom?

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeWannabe View Post
    Where have I seen this before? As a sig? From whom?
    HF.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    *bows and scrapes before the Canon*

Thanks Canon

@Type
    food had it as a sig for a while before switching to Touko and Araya's final conversation.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

thanks for this Canon and I hope you do the rest.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Apcrypha = BYOG

Bring your own Grail?
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Ahhh~

Reading Reika's part is depressing.

I want more.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

Rejoice. Battlefield 3 refusing to launch again, so here's page 2 of 9.

------------------------

"Heeeey. Reika. Are you listening to me?"

Feeling the tap on her face, Reika turned her lightly-colored eyes to the man.

When she tried to stand up, she found that something was preventing her from doing so.

Her ankles were tied with a cord.

"...What, is this?"

Reika posed a question to Hyouma, the man she had been living with.

Hyouma looked down on her with cold eyes, ones that she had never seen before.

-- Yes, these eyes,

Reika knew them. These were the eyes of one who would use violence. They were eyes that regarded the one before them as being a worthless existence.

But, why this, all of a sudden...?

Even though she loved him. Even though she still loved him.

"It won't work unless I re-enact it."

His soft voice, unexpectedly, made Reika felt as though her entire body froze.

"Re, enact?"

"Yes. Re-enacting the scene of the crime. I'm afraid that's what is needed to summon him. I need to cut a woman like you to pieces using his knives."

"What......?"

In order to withstand violence, you simply need to force your heart into a state of temporal death.

That was what she had always done, and what she had planned to do this time as well.

However, Hyouma just said that he would cut her to pieces.

-- What was that supposed to mean?

-- What was the meaning in cutting her to pieces?

"All right. Magic circle complete."

The stench of blood, which any resident of Shinjuku would be used to smelling, made Reika's heart pound as she faced death.

Not noticing the change in Reika, Hyouma raised his right hand, which had a strange tattoo, and began to chant strange words.

"Fill. Fill. Fill. Fill. Fill. Let each be turned over five times, simply breaking asunder the fulfilled time."

It's like an spell, thought Reika.

In spite of the lack of any particularly disturbing content, a scream began to rise inside Reika.

"Let silver and steel be the essence. Let stone and the archduke of contracts be the foundation. Let my great master ■■■■■■■■ be the ancestor. Raise a wall, against the wind that shall fall. Close the four cardinal gates. Come out from the crown. Rotate the three-branched road reaching the Kingdom."

Hyouma took up a knife in his hand.

"Please don't..."

Her sense of foreboding turning into a conviction, Reika spoke with a shaking voice as she shook her head.

Hyouma did not reply.

The tip of the knife traced Reika's body, as though lost.

However, he was not hesitating, but deciding where to strike.

It would be meaningless to finish her off with a single blow.

He had to re-enact those brutal killings, so he needed to slaughter her in the most painful way possible.

Finally, Hyouma decided where to stab.

"-- I shall declare here.

Your body shall serve under me. My fate shall be with your sword.

Submit to the beckoning of the Holy Grail. If you will submit to this will and this reason...... then answer!"

Hyouma shouted, and raised the knife up high.

Reika's right arm sent her a shock.

"......Huh?"

A second late, the pain assaulted her, and Reika screamed.

An enormous heat scorched her body, centered on the knife that had stabbed into her.

"It... hurts... it hurts...!"

All the times when she had been beaten before were nothing compared to this intense pain.

"-- An oath shall be sworn here!"

Another knife stabbed her in the abdomen this time.

"...ah......!"

There was no shock, unlike the first.

But the pain multiplied.

Reika, feeling her life flowing away from her, screamed.

Words, ones that she had never thought of in her entire life, overwhelmed her.

"I shall attain all virtues of all of Heaven. I shall have dominion over all evils of all of Hell!"

He aimed for and stabbed her upper left shoulder.

At last, the voice that had screamed for him to stop could no longer make a sound.

"-- From the Seventh Heaven, attended to by three great words of power, come forth from the ring of restraint, Protector of the Balance!"

A knife hovered above her head.

In an instant, she understood that she will die. Fear exploded in her, coursing through her entire body.

No. I don't want this.

She never wanted to die like this, in such wanton cruelty, and such despair.

How many seconds of reprieve did she have until that knife was swung down?

Must she now accept her death, within a span of less than ten seconds?

No.

I'll never want that.

I don't want to, I don't, no, no no no no no no no no no no no no no -- !

"No...!"

As such, Reika went beyond her own limit.

A knife had been driven through her right palm and into the concrete floor. She grasped the blade with her pierced hand.

Gathering all the strength in her body, she pulled it out and thrusted it at Hyouma's face.

Having been enduring the pain of the spell, he stopped the incantation and screamed as pain suddenly assaulted him from the outside.

"Bitch...!"

Spewing out sounds that no longer formed into words, Reika brandished the knife again.

Hyouma glared at her with hate and let off a strong kick at the pit of her stomach.

Unlike the pain of having a knife sticking into her, this was a shock that suspended her vital activities. Reika tumbled to the edge of the magic circle. She was, if anything, vividly conscious, perhaps due to her intense pain.

There was no change in the magic circle. It did not even glow.

"Does it have to be five people, then...? Or do I have to go and kill thirteen? Shit. This is such a pain."

Hyouma stamped his feet as he tore at his hair.

Blood spilled from Reika's mouth as she watched.

"Ka, ah..."

Her heart continued to operate, accelerating in order to allow the existence called Rikudou Reika to live on.

However, the pain had long ago breached the limit permissable by humans.

Little by little, she knew that her bodily senses were being lost.

However, she could not feel any relief from the fact that she will no longer suffer.

Reika's life was flowing out of her with every second.

She didn't know why she had lived.

She didn't know why she was allowed to live.

Crushing down the doubts she had had for many years, she gave forth a single answer.

-- I want to live.

She simply wanted to live on. She did not want to die. She did not want to die in such pain.

Having despaired at life, she embraced the first craving she had ever had as she faced death.

She wanted to live because she wanted to.

She didn't want to die because she didn't want to.

That was simply it, and nothing else.

Yes -- what a simple, clear truth it was.

"I don't... want to... die."

A single drop dripped onto the magic circle.

In the next instant, an incredible tempest swept out from the center of the circle.

Hyouma could sense it. It was an outrageous swirl of prana -- journeying through all obstacles, an uncommon monster will make its advent into this reality!

"...Is this... did I do it?!"

The voice of the magus shook with joy.

-- You want to live, right?

It was the lovely, and very clear, voice of a young girl.

The voice spoke, not to Hyouma, but to Reika alone.

Without the slightest hesitation, Reika replied to the voice.

-- I want to live.

Reika made her wish. She clung on to it desperately.

The girl whispered with a sweetly ringing voice.

-- Okay. We understand. Let us make our contract, Mother.

(Continue.)
    Last edited by Canon; December 19th, 2011 at 02:51 PM.
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

Blog Entries
    ... and the magus will get what is coming to him.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

Blog Entries
    LoliJack time.

Why so fast all of a sudden Canon Rap?
    I guess a few pages is probably easier than an entire chapter.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Inactive
    JP Friend Code
    Archetype / 635,256,741
    Interesting. Thanks, CanonRap.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    ... and the magus will get what is coming to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    LoliJack time.
    Nasuverse gets yet another killer Loli: Jackie!
    ...well, we knew that before this was written, but now we get a much better insight to how she is. XP
    Last edited by Lycodrake; August 8th, 2013 at 09:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

I have to wonder what set of circumstances occurred that we got a story for this particular Servant. She honestly would have been the last on my list if I had to guess.
    I suppose Nasu's were off limits when they started planning this and then they needed someone available who had a popular design and the power of sexy won out the rest.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    The one who wrote this chapter is the same that designed Jackie, that's why.