Page 222 of 275 FirstFirst ... 122172212217220221222223224227232272 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,440 of 5494

Thread: Jojo's Bizarre Threadventure

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Well, couldn't it be that the effects didn't last after the Stand was defeated?

Just like how if you leave their range, their powers stop. Like Bruno's zippers. It seems like an effect they're actively maintaining.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I dunno whether that applies to plain old injuries caused by Stands. Supernatural injuries and those directly related to Stand powers do require conscious effort to maintain, but for normal injuries like cuts, bruises, and breaks, I don't think that applies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I just remembered the absolute destruction Jotaro wreaked on Kakyoin the first time they met and fought... literally blood everywhere... then he's up and around in the next episode lool

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    I just remembered the absolute destruction Jotaro wreaked on Kakyoin the first time they met and fought... literally blood everywhere... then he's up and around in the next episode lool
    In his case, Holly did play nurse and that's when Kakyoin the MILF hunter was born.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    All they have to do is flex really hard and the wounds will close on their own.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    All they have to do is flex really hard and the wounds will close on their own.
    That only applies up to Part III. Afterwards...

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    In his case, Holly did play nurse and that's when Kakyoin the MILF hunter was born.
    Yeah but what's a few dabs of a hankerchief and soup going to do when you basically got the same ORA treatment that Steely Dan did lol

Anyway, it's obviously an oversight but it's fun to think about what it means for Stand powers.

Yeah but what's a few dabs of a hankerchief and soup going to do when you basically got the same ORA treatment that Steely Dan did lol

Anyway, it's obviously an oversight but it's fun to think about what it means for Stand powers.
    He also got bandaged all over his body, but yeah, your point still stands, pun intended.

Speaking of JoJo, did the one scene with Risotto and the IT guy retcon the idea in PHF that Murolo had set La Squadra against the boss for his own amusement?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So I finally got around to seeing the latest episode. Ghiaccio's ranting was hilarious. As someone who could obsess over those kinds of dumb semantic arguments as a kid (for example, I remember once getting annoyed that iron is pronounced "I-earn" while the same letters in irony are pronounced "I-ron") I'm finding that trait weirdly relatable.

His ice-manipulating powers are kind of generic by Jojo standards (compared to "magically impregnate a woman with your enemy's DNA to create a shapeshifting mechanical baby you send out to kill them", in any case) but they're used in a way that makes for a lot of tense and interesting scenarios. As an aside, I still find it hilarious how slow to react the main characters are whenever a new enemy Stand shows up. The car's windows are covered in ice in what looks like the middle of spring or summer and Giorno just comments that he'll open a window to warm things up? Seriously?

Also, if Ghiaccio's Stand is his suit and Stands can't be seen by non-Stand users, does that mean normal people would see him skating around buck-naked? Would make for an amusing imagery in any case. And while it was obviously intended to make the scene look more dramatic and preserve the mystery of his identity, seeing Trish's dad slum it up wearing a cloak and squatting like a hobo in his own house looked pretty weird.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    And while it was obviously intended to make the scene look more dramatic and preserve the mystery of his identity, seeing Trish's dad slum it up wearing a cloak and squatting like a hobo in his own house looked pretty weird.
    Hoo boy, I had completely forgot about that. Man, that seems relatively normal in retrospect compared to later on.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Hoo boy, I had completely forgot about that. Man, that seems relatively normal in retrospect compared to later on.
    Frankly, it's more stylish than what we eventually get.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    For no reason than the nakedness in the shadow and the deep voice, my brain jumped to Dio.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Happy Megane Sion is Best Sion! ChiakiKakumei's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I got a random question about The Grateful Dead's Ability. Let's say you are like really old, 80 or 90 give or take. Can you use the Grateful Dead's Ability to make you like young forever as Prosciutto became old but then become young again to fool Mista?
    Chibi V.Sion Army go!

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiakiKakumei View Post
    I got a random question about The Grateful Dead's Ability. Let's say you are like really old, 80 or 90 give or take. Can you use the Grateful Dead's Ability to make you like young forever as Prosciutto became old but then become young again to fool Mista?
    It doesn't seem you can become any younger than you were when GD first started aging you.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; February 13th, 2019 at 09:40 PM. Reason: How did I get that acronym wrong?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Well, couldn't it be that the effects didn't last after the Stand was defeated?
    I'd have to re-read the Anubis fight to see if the theory fits, but we could headcanon it as Star Platinum being inside Jotaro and boosting his toughness.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    You definitely see it stabbed into his gut with him bleeding though.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I'd have to re-read the Anubis fight to see if the theory fits, but we could headcanon it as Star Platinum being inside Jotaro and boosting his toughness.
    That's been my headcanon for the longest time not just for SP, but for Stand users in general.

- - - Updated - - -

You definitely see it stabbed into his gut with him bleeding though.
    Star could still passively enhance his resilience or prevented any vitals from getting hit...

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    It’s not like anime characters receiving damage that would be crippling or fatal IRL but shrugging it off is a particularly rare occurrence.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    I completely forgot the little detail about how Jojo characters can squirt blood out their bodies with pinpoint accuracy.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"