Page 228 of 275 FirstFirst ... 128178218223226227228229230233238 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,560 of 5494

Thread: Jojo's Bizarre Threadventure

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    It took Araki longer to pin down what GE did conclusively, but once he did, you'll see it's not that crazy and connects pretty well.
    I'm sorry but if he hasn't pinned it down by now then it's a lost cause.

It's JoJo so I could forgive even one entire cour of Golden Wind adjustments, but that is long gone. This is the final stretch, the climax.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I'm sorry but if he hasn't pinned it down by now then it's a lost cause.

It's JoJo so I could forgive even one entire cour of Golden Wind adjustments, but that is long gone. This is the final stretch, the climax.
    No it isn't. We're only halfway through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    They still have to deal with the last of the hit man squad, find out the Boss' weakness, and deal with whoever the Boss called on them at the end of the episode, at the very least. That guy was still hit man guy was alive and lurking around last I checked.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Yeah, that plus spoilers. They're far from out of the woods.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

We're 55% of the way through and Gold Experience just pulled a brand new asspull in the form of the turtle thing.
    Spoiler:
    The only reason there's no more asspulls moving forward is it has only one more pre-finale fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ok, final stretch is too much, but it's still the climax of a 20 episode journey and the halfway point of the story. Its powers should be firmly established already.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Speaking of Gold Experience's powers, I find it bemusing that despite being Dio's kid, Giorno's Stand is closer to Hamon in style.

It's like one final screw you from Jonathan to Dio.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Well, it's Jonathan's body. Is it really Dio's kid?

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    There's definitely at least some Dio mixed in there, given the sudden change in hair colour and the vast amounts of allusions to Dio over Jonathan.

It's all part of Araki's symbolism about how he believes no one is born evil and if things were just a little different the Dio might've turned out like Giorno instead as alluded to in this extensive blog post compiling the references to Dio in Part 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Speaking of Gold Experience's powers, I find it bemusing that despite being Dio's kid, Giorno's Stand is closer to Hamon in style.

It's like one final screw you from Jonathan to Dio.
    What I've thought all along.

- - - Updated - - -

There's definitely at least some Dio mixed in there, given the sudden change in hair colour and the vast amounts of allusions to Dio over Jonathan.

It's all part of Araki's symbolism about how he believes no one is born evil and if things were just a little different the Dio might've turned out like Giorno instead as alluded to in this extensive blog post compiling the references to Dio in Part 5.
    Really? He makes it pretty clear DIO was born evil, unlike a certain someone later on. But yeah, Giorno is a near perfect mix of the two personality wise. He has Dio's drive, but with Jonathan's heart.

Spoiler:
    Also, cow son is Jonathan's true child IMO because it takes balls of Jonathan to set yourself on fire for an advantage, something both he and Jolyne do. Also, Diego was the one who wasn't born evil, unlike Dio, and even Part 8 Kira was technically born with his distortion.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, now that I think about it, Giorno kinda fits with the whole Nasuverse idea of the "perfect king" or the "natural-born king", and he has some similarities to Artoria in life, in that they both were or become impersonal symbols of goodness that serve to inspire others to follow them.

Blog Entries
    Really? He makes it pretty clear DIO was born evil, unlike a certain someone later on.
    Araki said it himself that his ideas as a writer were simpler back in the Phantom Blood days with Jonathan being pure good and Dio pure evil, which is part of the reason I suspect he wanted to reboot the franchise from Part 7 onwards as Johnny Joestar and Diego Brando are far more complex people with mixtures of light and dark within them.

Araki said it himself that his ideas as a writer were simpler back in the Phantom Blood days with Jonathan being pure good and Dio pure evil, which is part of the reason I suspect he wanted to reboot the franchise from Part 7 onwards as Johnny Joestar and Diego Brando are far more complex people with mixtures of light and dark within them.
    True. But would it be weird for me to say I LIKED PB for the moral simplicity? It was an inspiring tale of good vs evil with a protagonist I could truly admire. It wasn't remotely realistic, but it didn't need to be.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Phantom Blood was my favorite part.

Blog Entries
    True. But would it be weird for me to say I LIKED PB for the moral simplicity? It was an inspiring tale of good vs evil with a protagonist I could truly admire. It wasn't remotely realistic, but it didn't need to be.
    Nah man, ain't weird at all. Phantom Blood was my second favourite Part after all, right after Steel Ball Run.

For me, PB is my favorite followed by DiU. SBR is definitely tied with SO and SC though for 3rd.

Wait, NVM, SO and SBR are my third favorites, BT is my fourth, and SC is 5th.
    Last edited by SirGauoftheSquareTable; March 4th, 2019 at 02:22 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I'm liking Part 5 a damn lot too. It's hard to choose. Part 2 is somehow the one I think about least now, despite it being a hell of a ride at the time.

Part 5 is now my second least favorite as opposed to my least favorite. That dubious honor now falls on Part 8.

Blog Entries
    That dubious honor now falls on Part 8.

...I shall leave final judgement on Jojolion until it's finished.

My current order is 4 > 7 > 8 > 6 > 3 > 5 > 2 > 1. I doubt the ending of 8 will take it beneath 3 for me, but it could knock it under 6 or get it over 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I love Phantom Blood's setting and atmosphere, and for all that the characters are all one-or-two-dimensional, I'd say that mostly works to the story's favour. Battle Tendency has what feels like a very disjointed narrative, but it's so balls-to-the-walls crazy, and Joseph is such a fun character, it makes up for it plenty. Stardust Crusaders can drag on sometimes with the whole Stand User of the Week format, but the main characters are very endearing, and I feel the battles are a good mix of traditional shonen fights and creative usage of off-the-wall abilities; plus, its high moments (off the top of my head, there were the battles with Anubis, the elder D'arby, and DIO) are really, really good.

Basically, I'm a huge fan of the original DIO trilogy. It's not that the other parts are bad (and Josuke, appropriately enough, is nearly as much a fun character as Joseph), but none of them made me feel like the first three - until Steel Ball Run, that is. That one might actually be my favourite part.