Page 248 of 275 FirstFirst ... 148198238243246247248249250253258 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,960 of 5494

Thread: Jojo's Bizarre Threadventure

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Since this is more or less the end, I just wanted to say one thing. When it comes to the final battle of Part 5, I'm saddened that Araki tried to make things too complicated with GER. When I was reading the final battle, I was expecting the death of of Doppio to have caused Diavolo to lose Epitaph since I had (wrongly) theorised that it existed as a Sub-Stand due to the split personality and that was why Doppio could use it but not King Crimson. Thus without the ability to see what happenes ten seconds ahead, skipping time would become so much more difficult and Giorno could trick him into doing it and lay a trap using his and the others Stands, thanks to the trick Polnareff had taught him. Thus it would all come together beautifully without a need for a gross powerup.

*Sigh* But that was not what we got sadly.
    That would've been cool. Though, it was my understanding that Epitaph was the only reason King Crimson was useful at all. Without the ability to see what would've happened in the erased time Diavolo would be just as confused as anyone else upon "emerging". If he lost Epitaph he wouldn't be weakened just enough for Giorno to beat him after a tough fight, he'd be completely useless and unable to use his Stand productively at all.

That said, I do like your idea even if I'm not quite sure it'd work. It'd be really neat thematically for Diavolo's callous disregard of Doppio to ultimately bite him in the ass and spell his own defeat.

Blog Entries
    While we're on the subject of alternate endings for part 5, I also recall reading one where Diavolo got the arrow instead of Giorno and evolved King Crimson into Requiem. KCR would have the ability to "create" time instead of erasing it, giving Diavolo effectively limitless time to dodge or counter any attack directed at him. Giorno and the gang could defeat him by managing to trick him into an unwinnable situation where he can't get out no matter how much he extends time, effectively trapping him in a single moment forever. I think that would've way more badass and satisfying than Giorno just evolving a totally haxed power and utterly stomping Diavolo without even a chance to fight back.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Though, it was my understanding that Epitaph was the only reason King Crimson was useful at all. Without the ability to see what would've happened in the erased time Diavolo would be just as confused as anyone else upon "emerging". If he lost Epitaph he wouldn't be weakened just enough for Giorno to beat him after a tough fight, he'd be completely useless and unable to use his Stand productively at all.
    No? Epitaph is just looking into the future through his hair. It's not connected to K.Crimson's time skip ability. Not that it matters, since time isn't skipping from Diavolo's perspective anyway. Even without Epitaph, he'd still see the ten seconds as they unfold, allowing him to dodge any attacks. But this time he wouldn't know what happens before he activities it, and thus he'd have to be paying close attention to where everyone is and what they're doing during those ten seconds.

It's hard to explain because King Crimson is weird to put into words. It just works.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I still don't get how it works. He threw blood into Giorno's eyes again.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    No? Epitaph is just looking into the future through his hair. It's not connected to K.Crimson's time skip ability. Not that it matters, since time isn't skipping from Diavolo's perspective anyway. Even without Epitaph, he'd still see the ten seconds as they unfold, allowing him to dodge any attacks. But this time he wouldn't know what happens before he activities it, and thus he'd have to be paying close attention to where everyone is and what they're doing during those ten seconds.

It's hard to explain because King Crimson is weird to put into words. It just works.
    Ah, I was definitely under the impression that Diavolo being able to see people's movements in after-images during the erased time was due to Epitaph.

But now that I think about it, I don't recall that ever being confirmed or denied in canon. It was probably just a fan-theory I read somewhere and found plausible (since Diavolo talks about seeing people's movements in the future while using King Crimson, it'd kind of natural to wonder if that's related to his literal future-seeing ability). Your interpretation works too.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Basically, whenever King Crimson does something new or whatever, I just go okay and accept it.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    However BS Gold Experience Requiem may be, watching Diavolo break down in Gilgamesh fashion in its face was glorious to watch. I know Diavolo is not played by Tomokazu Seki, but damn, did he sound like Gilgamesh when he was losing.

Also, this isn't quite over yet, I hope you anime-onlys know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Yeah during his breakdown I was thinking of what someone here said that he didn't come off as that villainous, and was like, "well that box is checked now."
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

"Kono Diavolo da!"
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    That one frame where it’s “Look at me! Think about who’s worthy!” is perfect meme material

IKR.

Wait, this can't be the end of VA? We didn't even see Giorno actually finish off Diavolo, nor the epilogue that comes after in the manga.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Wait, this can't be the end of VA? We didn't even see Giorno actually finish off Diavolo, nor the epilogue that comes after in the manga.
    It's not over. There's like a three week break between the previous episode and the finale, which is going to be an hour-long special.

Blog Entries
    Huh, I wonder why. I mean, I really like the Sleeping Slaves arc as an epilogue but I don't recall anything particularly of note in it that would require a long break.

Spoiler:
    Wait, I thought Rolling Stones was the only epilogue of VA after of course the Diavolo death loop?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Spoiler:
    Wait, I thought Rolling Stones was the only epilogue of VA after of course the Diavolo death loop?
    Yes.

"Sleeping Slaves" is just what the arc is called because the chapters and the volume where said chapters are collected are both named that.

Oh. Did not know that. Then again, I wasn't really paying attention much by the time I got to the end. I just wanted it over.

They most likely ran out of timeslots due to the recaps. I hope that it lets them really polish the last two episodes to have consistently good art but they're likely already moving on to Fire Force.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Yep. It’s timeslots. Accel is now airing in JoJo’s timeslot
    Last edited by bassgs435; July 14th, 2019 at 09:17 AM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    So, this is the end of Vento Aureo huh? Even if they were some parts I was iffy about (mainly how the Giorno/Diavolo fight was resolved) this was still an unforgettable ride with lots of epic and hype-worthy moments. I'm a little disappointed we couldn't get a longer epilogue that showed more of how the main cast was doing after Diavolo's defeat, but the flashback arc with Rolling Stone did a good job of tying everything together thematically.

Overall, I'm really glad to have seen this and I know Fridays will feel a little weird for a while without my weekly dose of JoJo. Arrivederci, Gang-Stars! May we meet again
    if
    when
    part 6 airs...