Page 249 of 275 FirstFirst ... 149199239244247248249250251254259 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,980 of 5494

Thread: Jojo's Bizarre Threadventure

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Funny how, back when I first read Part V, the TLs were so murky that I wasn't quite sure how Rolling Stones worked, and how that arc was resolved. Having better context improved my enjoyment of the arc considerably.

Announce Stone Ocean already, davidpro (if only because it'll bring us one step close to the true goal -- Steel Ball Run.)
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Funny how, back when I first read Part V, the TLs were so murky that I wasn't quite sure how Rolling Stones worked, and how that arc was resolved. Having better context improved my enjoyment of the arc considerably.

Announce Stone Ocean already, davidpro (if only because it'll bring us one step close to the true goal -- Steel Ball Run.)
    I remember hearing that the initial translation for part 5 was actually really bad, to the point of mangling the meaning of certain lines entirely and even changing characters' personalities (for instance, Ghiaccio's rant about Venice became about how Paris is the greatest city in the world). I'm glad that the anime let you get a clearer picture for how everything went down.

I do hope that Stone Ocean gets announced, though I'm a little worried because part 6 is one of the least popular in Japan and sales for the anime are already dwindling. Still, hopefully they'll be able to make enough money off merchandise and whatnot to be able to continue. It'd be a dream come true for DavidPro to be able to adapt the entire journey of JoJo from start to finish.

Back on the finale itself, did anyone else find it beautifully ironic how Diavolo's second death after Gold Experience Requiem activated was being shanked by a drug addict? For someone who made his whole living pushing drugs on the vulnerable populace of Italy, it's great karma that he'd end up meeting his end at the hand of one of the addicts he probably created.

Also, I totally ended up shipping Trish x Mista after their last scene together. The banter over Mista's body odour was hilarious, and it really felt like the way two lovers might lightheartedly joke and tease each other. Especially that laugh. Sure it's probably they were just on an adrenaline high after surviving everything they'd been through, but I can imagine it's something more...

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Not all bad fan-TLs can be DUWANG-tier, I'm afraid.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As long as DavidPro do adapt Part 6 and finish the original universe, I'd be totally down for a considerable hiatus to allow hype to build back up before tackling the SBR-verse.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Happy Megane Sion is Best Sion! ChiakiKakumei's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wonder. Why didn't Diavolo use his stand to defend himself from that crazy drug maniac in the sewers? I'm sure GER beat the crap out of him but I don't think it destroyed his stand (Or Diavolo would have died anyway)
    Chibi V.Sion Army go!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiakiKakumei View Post
    I wonder. Why didn't Diavolo use his stand to defend himself from that crazy drug maniac in the sewers? I'm sure GER beat the crap out of him but I don't think it destroyed his stand (Or Diavolo would have died anyway)
    I'm not sure when it was stated in the manga, but I recall an explanation that when GER hits someone, it resets their "will" to zero as well as their actions. Since Stands are a manifestation of one's will, that means Diavolo can never summon his Stand again. Not that it really mattered since he was already stuck in GER's death-loop at that point. Even if he could activate King Crimson to defend himself, fate would just contrive so he dies in some other way.

Happy Megane Sion is Best Sion! ChiakiKakumei's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    sales for the anime are already dwindling.
    But how? Part 5 was a really great adaptation with the added scenes and it helps get rid of some inconsistencies.

And also even if Part 6 is not that popular, I'm sure DP will do a good job with the adaptation.

- - - Updated - - -

Even if he could activate King Crimson to defend himself, fate would just contrive so he dies in some other way.
    Wow. That's a fate even worse than death. (Well he dies but like forever and ever and ever and ever and is never going to get out of it.)
    Last edited by ChiakiKakumei; July 29th, 2019 at 09:47 PM.
    Chibi V.Sion Army go!

Blog Entries
    But how? Part 5 was a really great adaptation with the added scenes and it helps get rid of some inconsistencies.

And also even if Part 6 is not that popular, I'm sure DP will do a good job with the adaptation.
    It was a great adaptation. The problem was a lot of people just watched it on free streaming sites and whatnot rather than buying the DVDs and merchandise, which is a large part of how the studio makes money.

Wow. That's a fate even worse than death. (Well he dies but like forever and ever and ever and ever and is never going to get out of it.)
    Yeah. If you think about it for a moment Diavolo's fate is actually really horrifying and unfair. As rotten a dude as Diavolo is, he's still only a single human who committed a finite amount of evil deeds in his life. For him to get a literal eternity of torment is inherently disproportionate because after a while his suffering will eclipse all that he inflicted on his victims. Heck, after experiencing eons of agonizing deaths could you really even say he's the same Diavolo who deserved the sentence in the first place? I imagine after that long he'd pretty much be just an empty shell who wouldn't have any thoughts of hurting people or wanting to be a gang boss anymore.

Then again, that's my same problem with the whole concept of Hell, so I guess any religious believer content with the former idea could be okay with Diavolo's fate too. Personally, it bothers me enough that I like to headcanon that GER's effect ends either when Giorno eventually dies or with Part 6 spoilersthe universe reboot, so Diavolo would merely have a very large but finite punishment instead of a literally infinite one. Because that's just effed up.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar

sales going down with every season is the norm. Even in split cour anime like ufo Fate.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Anyone heard of the Binging With Babish YouTube show? Basically, it shows a cook (the eponymous Babish, though of course that's not his real name) recreating various dishes from films and TV series, including cartoons, and occasionally improving on them if he feels it can be done (for instance, when he tackled Chidi's chili monstrosity from The Good Place, which obviously didn't taste good, he recreated it as a proper dessert with chocolate rice pudding as the basis). In his latest episode, he cooks the spaghetti al nero di seppia (sp?) from Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPdl...gingwithBabish.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    It was a great adaptation. The problem was a lot of people just watched it on free streaming sites and whatnot rather than buying the DVDs and merchandise, which is a large part of how the studio makes money.

Yeah. If you think about it for a moment Diavolo's fate is actually really horrifying and unfair. As rotten a dude as Diavolo is, he's still only a single human who committed a finite amount of evil deeds in his life. For him to get a literal eternity of torment is inherently disproportionate because after a while his suffering will eclipse all that he inflicted on his victims. Heck, after experiencing eons of agonizing deaths could you really even say he's the same Diavolo who deserved the sentence in the first place? I imagine after that long he'd pretty much be just an empty shell who wouldn't have any thoughts of hurting people or wanting to be a gang boss anymore.

Then again, that's my same problem with the whole concept of Hell, so I guess any religious believer content with the former idea could be okay with Diavolo's fate too. Personally, it bothers me enough that I like to headcanon that GER's effect ends either when Giorno eventually dies or with Part 6 spoilersthe universe reboot, so Diavolo would merely have a very large but finite punishment instead of a literally infinite one. Because that's just effed up.
    When you put it that way, it seems like an especially fitting end for him considering the numerous comparisons between Diavolo and satan.

It also fits his stand. King Crimson erases the cause and keeps the effect, while GER erases the effect and keeps the cause. He is undone by the opposite of his normal way of life.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Anyone heard of the Binging With Babish YouTube show? Basically, it shows a cook (the eponymous Babish, though of course that's not his real name) recreating various dishes from films and TV series, including cartoons, and occasionally improving on them if he feels it can be done (for instance, when he tackled Chidi's chili monstrosity from The Good Place, which obviously didn't taste good, he recreated it as a proper dessert with chocolate rice pudding as the basis). In his latest episode, he cooks the spaghetti al nero di seppia (sp?) from Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPdl...gingwithBabish.
    That's really cool. I wonder if he'll tackle one of Tonio's dishes next...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    When you put it that way, it seems like an especially fitting end for him considering the numerous comparisons between Diavolo and satan.

It also fits his stand. King Crimson erases the cause and keeps the effect, while GER erases the effect and keeps the cause. He is undone by the opposite of his normal way of life.
    It is a really fitting end for him poetically, because of the reasons you mentioned and others (like Diavolo's goal in life is to preserve his anonymity; his being essentially erased from reality by Requiem combined with Giorno overtaking his role as boss basically insures no one can find out his identity ever again). It's only when you take it "literally" that it's messed up.

That said, if the headcanon about Diavolo being a demon/the devil possessing Doppio is true, he might be one of the few people for whom an eternal punishment wouldn't be disproportionate...

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Apparently, this site is saying that Araki and another mangaka will draw the posters for the Tokyo Olympics. If true, that's really cool!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Apparently, this site is saying that Araki and another mangaka will draw the posters for the Tokyo Olympics. If true, that's really cool!
    I've heard that too, and corraborated by a few different sources so I'm pretty sure it's accurate. It is cool. Might also be a good way to get some of my non anime-watching friends into JoJo...

Blog Entries
    Well, well well...

Are you guys ready, for a little running?

Happy that both At a Confessional and The Run are getting animated, and happy to see that DP isn't against skipping around and animating a season 3 chapter. Them seemingly producing two episodes together gives me hope that they might tackle Rohan Goes to the Louvre as a two-parter, even if it's not strictly part of Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toa of Gallifrey View Post
    Them seemingly producing two episodes together gives me hope that they might tackle Rohan Goes to the Louvre as a two-parter, even if it's not strictly part of Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan.
    Late reply is super late, but I have no doubt they'll do Louvre at some point if they're bothering to do Confessional - especially since the other collaboration special "Rohan Goes to Gucci" was included in the first Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe anthology collection anyways.

Right, I forgot Confessional was originally part of Under Execution Under Jailbreak (which would also be great to see animated someday) and that Gucci wasn't even part of TSKR originally.
    tfw no Fate/One

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I stopped at Stardust Crusaders because I'm not sure whether to continue on to Golden Wind.

Ever since Hamon died at that part after SC, Stands had been really running rampant in 4 and 5 if I believe the trailers for Diamond is Unbreakable and Golden Wind.

And for me, ever since Dio's defeat, it served for me as the end to the long - standing feud between Dio and the Joestars.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

The Ripple won't return, Stands remain the main battle mechanic for part 3 onwards.
    tfw no Fate/One