Page 241 of 275 FirstFirst ... 141191231236239240241242243246251 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,820 of 5494

Thread: Jojo's Bizarre Threadventure

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    For me, there's still the one bright spot at the Colosseum, and I hope eagle-eyed anime onlys have figured it out. Afterwards, yeah...Also literally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    He can tell some seriously great stories though. SBR is definitely proof.
    Oh yeah, his somewhat haphazard methods certainly don't impede him from being a great storyteller.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    LOL what a garbage TL. The Crunchy subs make it seem like Ciccolata is merely buttmad at being called bad my Giorno.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, yes, obviously he is buttmad, but at least he dishes out one last hot flame before Giorno mudas him into a literal pile of garbage, and that wasn't conveyed in the "official" subs.

- - - Updated - - -

Never suffer Crunchy, folks.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Some-Stuffs is justice
    tfw no Fate/One

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    They're my personal fave fansub for Part 5, agreed.Altho sometimes I'll sin and get impatient and watch OneStuff instead :X
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    LOL what a garbage TL. The Crunchy subs make it seem like Ciccolata is merely buttmad at being called bad my Giorno.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, yes, obviously he is buttmad, but at least he dishes out one last hot flame before Giorno mudas him into a literal pile of garbage, and that wasn't conveyed in the "official" subs.

- - - Updated - - -

Never suffer Crunchy, folks.
    Are you talking about his "You're mean!" line before Giorno belts him? While I'm not familiar with the original, I thought that line worked quite well to show how utterly childish and insane Cioccolata is. Dude can kill and torture people like a kid roasting ants with a magnifying glass, but the moment someone turns the tables on him, he starts freaking out and crying for fairness. That fits how I imagine people like Cioccolata quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Toa of Gallifrey View Post
    Oh yeah, his somewhat haphazard methods certainly don't impede him from being a great storyteller.
    I personally find him great despite that, though for sure, it could be better.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Are you talking about his "You're mean!" line before Giorno belts him? While I'm not familiar with the original, I thought that line worked quite well to show how utterly childish and insane Cioccolata is. Dude can kill and torture people like a kid roasting ants with a magnifying glass, but the moment someone turns the tables on him, he starts freaking out and crying for fairness. That fits how I imagine people like Cioccolata quite well.
    No, that's just improperly characterizing someone via a half-measured mistranslation. Nothing about Cioccolata is childish whatsoever, up until that final questionable English line choice. Cioccolata's motives have to do with power and wielding said power over others. Call it "bullying" if you want, a word with oft-childish connotations, but the fact remains that it's about power dynamics.

He ultimately loses his shit because Giorno is in a position of power over him, only to then revoke all promises of mercy to Cioccolata. He retorts, almost manzai-like, to Giorno's besmirching of his character, mirroring Giorno's words, only to be utterly thrashed.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; May 26th, 2019 at 01:31 AM.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    So what does he say?
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Crunchy went stupid on the nuance but it really is a pathetic bitch line, coming from the most hidoiest of all yarous.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    So what does he say?
    Cioccolata's "hidoi yarou" to Gio's "omae no yo na ningen."

If anything, Cioccolata used a way worse insult than Mr. Gangstar did, LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Still a flaccid retort, "no u"-tier, but the Cruncy ver. is still too weirdly literal with what's basically a punchline in regards to the context of the line's usage.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw the context isn't Chocolate being childish, it's Chocolate being outwitted. So now, instead of being the smart guy with the crafty plans, he snarls a feeble retort. Cue the greatest of fistings in the original Jojoverse.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; May 26th, 2019 at 01:50 AM.

I thought the shoddy translation was when Ciocolatta said he was "experimented on as a child", implying someone else did it, which is untrue.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw the context isn't Chocolate being childish, it's Chocolate being outwitted. So now instead of being the smart guy with the crafty plans he snarls a feeble retort. Cue the greatest muda in the original Jojoverse.
    Spoiler:
    I forgot if Diego had any, and I don't think he did. Either Diego.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Let's be real, alot of things fly under Crunchy's radar because of their need to simulsub.
    Spoiler:
    Diego(s)'s isn't part of the original Jojoverse, 1-6.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't remember if Crunchy either receives official TL'd scripts to use, or if they speedsub it, or what, but whatever way it is, LMAO, flubs are funny.

Let's be real, alot of things fly under Crunchy's radar because of their need to simulsub.
    Spoiler:
    Diego(s)'s isn't part of the original Jojoverse, 1-6.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't remember if Crunchy either receives official TL'd scripts to use, or if they speedsub it, or what, but whatever way it is, LMAO, flubs are funny.
    Spoiler:
    I was just wondering if you were implying a better Muda Muda existed in the new universe.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Can't believe everyone is so focused on all the "muda mudas" that they've missed the glorious return of "WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!".

Oh, trust me, I haven't missed it...*Prepares Overdrive JUST in case*...

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Can't believe everyone is so focused on all the "muda mudas" that they've missed the glorious return of "WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!".
    Speak for yourself, bucko.

There's been evidence of both instances in different shows and sometimes even different episodes of the same show. Their subtitle scripts are labeled by actor and they had the Doppio and Diavolo tags long before their names were revealed, even in lines where it wasn't entirely clear who was speaking. On the flipside, they've made some colossal mistakes that would only happen with an ear-based script rather than a proper typed-out script. The guys on the Some-Stuffs Discord once shared a JoJo-related example of this that I don't remember off the top of my head.
    tfw no Fate/One

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Neat stuff, really.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, maybe a little off-topic but does anyone have ideas/desires for what a hypothetical JoJo part 9 would look like? Personally I think it'd be awesome if part 9 was like an alternate universe Vento Aureo focused on the police instead of gangs. So instead of the JoJo being a ruthless but heroic gangster trying to reform the Mafia from within, s/he'd be a plucky, idealistic rookie cop trying to reform a corrupt police force. With Stand battles mixed in, of course.

Do y'all think that sounds interesting?