Page 215 of 275 FirstFirst ... 115165205210213214215216217220225265 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,300 of 5494

Thread: Jojo's Bizarre Threadventure

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    The dance happened, and it was just as trippy as it should have been! Also, Zucchero's zipped up head frothing at the mouth actually looked super unsettling. Finally, I remember why I liked Mista and Pistols quite a bit in Part V.

Robin's voice did a stellar job at throwing me off for damn near the entire episode. Well played, lad.

When it comes to Sex Pistols, I think Araki took a look at Emperor, decided the concept was way too wanked even if the Entire Horse was a dumbass, and reworked it to have a personality and a much more entertaining user.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Toriumi's voicework really elevated Mista's presence as a character, and Mista is already one of the better characters Vento Aureo has to offer. Good stuff, for sure.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Toriumi's voicework really elevated Mista's presence as a character, and Mista is already one of the better characters Vento Aureo has to offer. Good stuff, for sure.
    Agreed. Mista and Bucciarati are definitely my faves from Part V, and Mista's seiyuu was a good choice. DP is really killing it with this anime, and it shows how much they themselves care about JoJo.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Agreed. Mista and Bucciarati are definitely my faves from Part V, and Mista's seiyuu was a good choice. DP is really killing it with this anime, and it shows how much they themselves care about JoJo.
    what DP don't have are money and times/schedules.

also don't forget the VA, most of them are hardcore fans.

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    what DP don't have are money and times/schedules.

also don't forget the VA, most of them are hardcore fans.
    True, and that was kinda baked into my original statement that DP as a whole cared quite a bit. This extends to the seiyuus they hire.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So I just watched episode 7 this morning. The dance was pulled off really well. That scene was a total big-lipped alligator moment in the manga, so the anime rightly decided to go whole-hog with that by making it as trippy and surrealistic as possible. This is definitely an example of where an anime can transcend the manga by pulling off something that'd be pretty much impossible to do on paper.

That said, as fun as it was to watch the JoJo crew pulling off silly dance moves it was genuinely disturbing how eagerly they were abusing Zucchero. Granted, he was a ruthless mafioso who tried to kill them before, but the dude was completely helpless and at their mercy at that point.

Even worse, the torture was completely useless since Abbachio found the information they were looking for with his Stand before Zucchero even had the chance to divulge anything, so it really comes off as the gang being sadistic for the sake of it. Not a criticism per-se, but it definitely shows that the heroes of part 5, for all their honor and sympathetic traits, are still a bunch of ruthless mafioso who would qualify as "evil" by a lot of people's standards.

Or at the very least anti-heroic. Some are more heroic than others, such as Mista, Bruno, and Giorno, and others aren't, like Fugo pre-PHF and Abbacchio.

Blog Entries
    Speaking of which, given Araki's known love of western movies has anyone wondered if the dance scene was inspired by Mr. Blonde's torture of the cop in Reservoir Dogs? Since both cases have the mobster protagonist(s) dancing to cheesy music while torturing a gagged victim in a brutal yet creative way. Though Giorno and co are still way more sympathetic obviously, since Zucchero was a fellow ruthless mobster rather than an innocent cop like Marvin.

On a lighter note, Mista and Sex Pistols Six Bullets were really hilarious in this episode. That goofy dance and hi-five they did after successfully redirecting the bullet was outright adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Speaking of which, has anyone wondered if the dance scene was inspired by Mr. Blonde's torture of the cop in Reservoir Dogs? Since both cases have the mobster protagonists dancing to cheesy music while torturing a gagged victim in a brutal yet creative way. Though Giorno and co are still way more sympathetic obviously, since Zucchero was a fellow ruthless mobster rather than an innocent cop like Marvin.

On a lighter note, Mista and Sex Pistols Six Bullets were really hilarious in this episode. That goofy dance and hi-five they did after successfully redirecting the bullet was outright adorable.
    Pistols has always been adorable no matter what, but the anime really emphasized that for great effect.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Pistols has always been adorable no matter what, but the anime really emphasized that for great effect.
    Definitely. Also as someone on Reddit pointed out, No. 5 is probably the one who always gets bullied because he's actually the fourth bullet, even if Mista renamed him to avoid bad luck. Pretty funny little detail.

Definitely. Also as someone on Reddit pointed out, No. 5 is probably the one who always gets bullied because he's actually the fourth bullet, even if Mista renamed him to avoid bad luck. Pretty funny little detail.
    I can't believe I didn't realize that. Poor Number 5...

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Thinking about it, the
    Spoiler:
    montage of Green Day getting punched over and over
    had better be almost annoyingly long, or I'll end up feeling deprived.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Thinking about it, the
    Spoiler:
    montage of Green Day getting punched over and over
    had better be almost annoyingly long, or I'll end up feeling deprived.
    And the full main theme has to play.

And the entirety of Roundabout. In fact, there should be a full 13 episodes dedicated to that one scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toa of Gallifrey View Post
    And the entirety of Roundabout. In fact, there should be a full 13 episodes dedicated to that one scene.
    It'd actually be a really funny gag if the beatdown continues into the ending credits and instead of Freek'n You playing we get a full ending montage of Cio getting MUDAMUDAMUDA'd into oblivion.

It'd actually be a really funny gag if the beatdown continues into the ending credits and instead of Freek'n You playing we get a full ending montage of Cio getting MUDAMUDAMUDA'd into oblivion.
    Yeah...man I hope DP does something like that, and considering their track record this season, it may well happen.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Mista is the best. And to think of how resourceful he is with such a weak Stand! (Hol Horse may have ended up becoming a joke, but Emperor is definitely the king of firearm Stands.)

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Mista is the best. And to think of how resourceful he is with such a weak Stand! (Hol Horse may have ended up becoming a joke, but Emperor is definitely the king of firearm Stands.)
    Totally agreed.