Page 237 of 275 FirstFirst ... 137187227232235236237238239242247 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,740 of 5494

Thread: Jojo's Bizarre Threadventure

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Risotto basically said as much, and the manga strongly suggests, if not outright says, this is the case. They were originally two, but then they somehow fused two souls into one body, and which ever one takes control hijacks the physical appearance as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Actually yes it is. Two different souls in one body, and when they switch, their physical characteristics change. Also, the fusion probably is what accounts for their mother's abnormally long pregnancy.
    He says it's multiple personality disorder.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    He says it's multiple personality disorder.
    It is, but there's a supernatural component to it because it's JoJo. Also, it is stated that it's also conjoined/combined twins.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I don't remember it being stated, or even implied, they're conjoined twins, just that it's an extreme case of multiple personalities (or, as expressed more poetically, "two souls in one body").

Considering its JoJo, the "two souls in one body" is as literal as it gets. Also, I swear the manga or something made it seem like there were initially 2 babies in the womb, but one absorbed the other.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I'll re-read it later, but I really don't remember that. Sorry.

It's not, that's fanon and/or shitty TLs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure a certain character later on states that childhood abuse was the cause of Diavolo's split personality disorder.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure a certain character later on states that childhood abuse was the cause of Diavolo's split personality disorder.
    He said that might be the case, but also said it's impossible to know for sure.

Also, I guess I was wrong about there being two babies and both souls fusing. I'll trust Toa's judgement on Part V knowledge.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    He said that might be the case, but also said it's impossible to know for sure.

Also, I guess I was wrong about there being two babies and both souls fusing. I'll trust Toa's judgement on Part V knowledge.
    Well, since it's said and never contradicted, it's likely we're meant to accept it.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Diavolo's whole backstory is a mess and full of contradictory details. I don't think we can say anything for sure. If the certain character had to in-universe qualify his statement with something along the lines of "we can never truly know, this is purely speculation", then that says something.

Watched the most recent ep, and I must say, Narancia's grief was EXTREMELY well-acted, and the solemnity of Abbachio's conversation with his partner was captured well. Finally, was I hallucinating a stealth Godfather reference when Bruno said "We have to get out of here" to the sound of emotional violin music?

GOAT episode, the scene where the deed was done was superb and so was everything after. Major props to Daiki, Ono and Suwabe's acting (and everyone's, but especially those two).
    tfw no Fate/One

Happy Megane Sion is Best Sion! ChiakiKakumei's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So I try to compare the anime and manga of Abbachio's death and DP really did a nice job making it more emotional in the anime. Narancia's breakdown is extended and I guess it was a nice touch of Giorno to make Abbachio into a flowerbed since they don't have time to give him a proper burial. It was nice of Bruno and the gang to let Narancia let out his sadness. Idk how normal mafia does with mourning and I thought it would be the "Beat you in the face to come to your senses" type of thing.
    Chibi V.Sion Army go!

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    another recap episode...

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    If it means a better looking episode, I'll take it.

This recap was surprisingly well-done and wasn't half-assed like one would expect. Besides, I already knew this was coming because Golden Week.

Well, we got the long-awaited debut, at least for those who read the manga, of a certain someone, and the debut episode of perhaps the most disgusting person in Part V, Cioccolata. This was quite the fight.

- - - Updated - - -

I must say, I still am unclear exactly how SPOILER contacted Bucciarati and crew and how that whole line works.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, we got the long-awaited debut, at least for those who read the manga, of a certain someone, and the debut episode of perhaps the most disgusting person in Part V, Cioccolata. This was quite the fight.
    Boy, tell me about it. I'm familiar enough with the manga to know Cioccolata was an evil son-of-a-bitch, but when his flashback rolled around even I was taken aback by the sheer depths of his sadistic cruelty. The idea that a doctor you trust and respect might be willfully misdiagnosing you just so he can cut you open for his twisted pleasure is absolutely spine-chilling, and that's not even getting into his body-horrific Stand power.

Most disgusting person in part 5 is an understatement. Dude is the most horrifying villain in JoJo so far, at least IMO. As an aside, I was pleasantly surprised by his voice. From the manga I expected Cioccolata to have a more shrill and over-the-top "bad guy" voice. But the mature and almost suave voice DP gave him contrasting with his totally insane and psychopathic personality is far creepier.

Lastly, did anyone else think mystery man on the computer was over-hyping how "invincible" Diavolo is? Sure, being able to skip time is a powerful ability, but it's far from invincible. Compared to The World, which allowed for similarly disorienting psychological warfare but also let Dio attack directly during the stopped time, KC is pretty clearly inferior. And we know The World wasn't invincible (despite Dio's boasts to the contrary) because Jotaro kicked his ass back in part 3. I'd wager Jotaro with Star Platinum- The World would have pretty good odds at defeating Diavolo, assuming he knew the latter's ability and had time to train.

Heck, Bucciarati outsmarted and escaped from Diavolo in their very first confrontation, outright showing his ability isn't omnipotent and can be worked around with sufficiently clever tactics.

I know JoJo loves to hype up how invincible the latest uber-villain's ability is, but given this info is coming from a (seeming) ally instead of the villain themselves, and someone a lot more knowledgeable than the main gang at that, it feels a lot more like we're supposed to take it at face-value. Frankly, it irks me a little because I can feel they're building up to Diavolo being defeated by some Deus-Ex-Machina power-up from one of the main cast and it spoils one of the best lessons of JoJo that helps set it apart from other Shonen manga. There's no such thing as an "invincible" ability, because even the strongest ability is dependent upon its vulnerable human user (see the Jotaro versus Yellow Temperance fight for a great example of this), and even the weakest ability can be deadly when used creatively and with proper tactics.

I'd be disappointed if the final fight with Diavolo was resolved with a "my power-level is higher than yours" Shonen cliché. It'd be far more satisfying if the heroes beat him by creatively exploiting the limits of his ability.

This turned into a bit of a rant, but whatever. Hopefully y'all can understand what I mean.

All I can say is... don't expect too much from this finale. It's not as creative as the previous, or the ones that will follow it for parts to come. That said, it isn't bad and the anime can definitely improve it. Solid agree on Cio, I don't think I've been more horrified with another JoJo villain. Love the seiyuu they picked for him.
    tfw no Fate/One