Page 240 of 275 FirstFirst ... 140190230235238239240241242245250 ... LastLast
Results 4,781 to 4,800 of 5494

Thread: Jojo's Bizarre Threadventure

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    It's not getting any better involving Trish's relevance, aside from one kinda funny scene later on involving Mista.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Spoiler:
    Speaking of Part 8, finally finished the new chapter, and holy shit, is that Sasame again, and this time, he's allied with some bitch who wants the Higashikata land?! Now that was a twist. Also, I now say maybe Tooru isn't in league with the New Rokakaka group, but he is still a messed up yandere, Finally, so the Head Doctor's Stand is triggered by the action of pursuit itself, immediately causing one to collide with something and getting horribly injured by the direct collision? Interesting stuff all around.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Italian juggalo doing a fine job defending Jojo’s title as the greatest unintentional comedy

that fucking part with him crawling around in the heli had me in tears

"unintentional"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

Quote Originally Posted by Toa of Gallifrey View Post
    "unintentional"
    Yeah, Araki knows what he's doing.

Also, I guess a 7-page Muda actually isn't that long when put on the silver screen. Still was epic, though I would have preferred if at the beginning, the beginning of Il Vento d'Auro was played.

Also, I noticed a Ken remix when Giorno and Mista were scaling the building to get to the helicopter.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    I’ve always felt Araki’s weirdness was more natural and genuine, rather than a deliberate attempt at being weird. Especialliy since in all his interviews he comes off as a total airhead.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    What a glorious beatdown. This was awesome, goddamn
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Araki's weirdness is organic, but he doesn't pretend that he's telling a super serious story. He's said that his primary goal is always to entertain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

He can tell some seriously great stories though. SBR is definitely proof.

Actually, more than the wackiness and bizarro hijinks of JJBA, the thing that really hooks me, especially to parts I-VI, is that those parts tell a beautiful, multi-generational story about the value of heroism and fighting the good fight in the face of overwhelming odds and how even as evil rears its head every generation, so does good, and that sometimes, fate is on the side of justice.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Actually, more than the wackiness and bizarro hijinks of JJBA, the thing that really hooks me, especially to parts I-VI, is that those parts tell a beautiful, multi-generational story about the value of heroism and fighting the good fight in the face of overwhelming odds and how even as evil rears its head every generation, so does good, and that sometimes, fate is on the side of justice.
    The thing I really appreciate about Araki is that he recognises that life isn't fair and incorporates it into JJBA without being too mean-spirited. Marco's fate in particular is the ultimate middle-finger to the idea that good things will eventually happen to good people. I spat out my drink and shouted WTF when I read that bit but then after thinking about it I decided that it really was the more realistic ending.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What an awesome episode. That MUDAMUDAMUDA was so satisfying. That scene really shows Giorno's ruthlessness compared to the past Jojos though. Even Jotaro (probably the most ruthless Jojo until now, at least in terms of how many bad guys he's left likely dead/crippled for life) would usually give his enemies a chance to surrender when it looks like they've been defeated, and only ORAORAORA them when they inevitably try to stab him in the back anyways. Giorno straight up lies about sparing Cioccolata and then cold-bloodedly kills him anyways. Can't say the dude didn't deserve it, but it's moments like these that remind me the protagonists of part 5 are mafioso for a reason.

I'm a little surprised the end of the episode tried to go for some pathos in Cioccolata and Secco's relationship. Going by his final message, it looks like Cioccolata did genuinely care for Secco in some extremely twisted way. I'm getting kind of Harley Quinn and the Joker vibes from their relationship, even if it's the inverse in this case with Secco being the patient turned crazy follower and Cioccolata being the doctor/evil mastermind.

Also, were the subs in this episode wrong or did Cioccolata say he was experimented on as a child when explaining how he knew how to dissect himself without dying? Given there's no mention of him having that kind of tragic backstory anywhere else (and in the flashback we got two episodes ago he seemed like a typical honors student aside from his sadistic personality) I wonder if it was a mistranslation and the line really meant more like "Medical experiments I conducted as a child" (as in, dissecting animals/corpses and whatnot). I feel like that would make more sense but I'm just asking out of curiosity.

Lastly, hoo boy that scene before credits. I've unfortunately already been spoiled as to this particular twist, but I'm sure any anime-onlys in the audience are going wild when they saw that guy's rather familiar hairstyle.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; May 25th, 2019 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Fixed grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    The thing I really appreciate about Araki is that he recognises that life isn't fair and incorporates it into JJBA without being too mean-spirited. Marco's fate in particular is the ultimate middle-finger to the idea that good things will eventually happen to good people. I spat out my drink and shouted WTF when I read that bit but then after thinking about it I decided that it really was the more realistic ending.
    I was more referring to the original universe, in which good does often prevail, in a fashion. Still, I do agree with you. Marco's fate is proof, as is Jonathan's. The latter is deader than dead in canon, and his only silver lining is that his descendants could continue the fight.

- - - Updated - - -

TBH, I don't like the new universe as much because the story is no longer about heroism and heroes.

Blog Entries
    I was more referring to the original universe, in which good does often prevail, in a fashion. Still, I do agree with you. Marco's fate is proof, as is Jonathan's. The latter is deader than dead in canon, and his only silver lining is that his descendants could continue the fight.
    I was referring to both Universe as well, since there are numerous examples of individuals who are good people (Jonathan being one as you stated) who still suffer horrible ends.

I'd argue that the SBR-verse is still about good people triumphing overall, but Araki took a much more nuanced approach in making things less black & white where the protagonists are flawed but ultimately good people and the antagonists have plenty of admirable traits but still succumb to their vices in the end.

True, true. Still, the original universe speaks to me as a call to heroism more, a call to be better than one's vices, and ultimately a celebration of the best of humanity. SBR retains some of that feel, especially with Valentine being who he is, but not quite JoJolion.

Blog Entries
    SBR retains some of that feel, especially with Valentine being who he is, but not quite JoJolion.
    ???

I know I'm a volume or two behind in buying Jojolion, but I still feel like Josuke and company are fairly unambiguously heroic in their quest to clear out the posion choking the town of Morioh.

Yeah, they're good guys, but I don't feel the story itself is really about their heroism, and more about several desperate people attempting to get the New Rokakaka Branch at all costs for their own separate goals. Yasuho is the one unambiguously heroic character, and she is mostly following Josuke, who despite being generally a better person than his opponents doesn't have a really heroic motivation to fight them.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, they're not really trying to choke any poison out of Morioh, unlike the Part IV gang, at least, not intentionally.

Blog Entries
    Remember to use spoiler tags for the anime-onlys
    [[ Again, unless something has changed in the volume or two that I'm behind, Josuke should still be trying to save the innocent Holly Joestar that is dying as a result of the Stone Curse. Sure he started fighting the bad guys for personal reasons, but I wouldn't consider that any different than Jotaro who didn't give a damn about stopping DIO until his curse started killing Holly. ]]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sorry, I was under the impression I wasn't actually giving anything away. Also, you are right in that way. I do find it easy to forget how Jotaro didn't really get into stopping DIO until late SC, and the whole cape aspect of his persona only really existed from the end of Part 3 onward.

I concede.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    7 PAGES OF MUDA translated decently well into the anime format. I'm pleased.

Now, make the Blu-Ray version of the scene an additional ten seconds longer and we're good.

Now that my favorite part of Part 5 is done, it's all (relatively) downhill from here. ;V ;p
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.