Page 232 of 275 FirstFirst ... 132182222227230231232233234237242 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,640 of 5494

Thread: Jojo's Bizarre Threadventure

Yeah, that never really goes away, though Araki gets better at utilizing various characters at once in a single setpiece once the series makes the switch to Ultra Jump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Now, you too can do the entire Torture Dance~

"Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    This OST has been in the wild for at least a month. It's actual title is Canzone Preferite, or "Favorite Song".
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I feel as thats just a pretty typical Jojo episode. The one who is the designated fighter of the week is a 4D chessmaster laying layers and layers of keikakus while the others act like total idiots. Honestly Jojo characters act so unrealistic and dare I say bizarre that I don't expect normal behavior from anyone, so stuff like this doesn't matter in Jojo to me.
    I feel like this season has actually been pretty good at giving all the main characters some role to play in fights. The Soft Machine, Man In The Mirror, Grateful Dead and White Album fights all showed the main characters collaborating to defeat the enemy (not all of them at a time admittedly, but with a six-man main cast and given how complex Jojo fights tend to be, it'd be pretty hard to incorporate everyone).

The only other really blatant example of what you're talking about was the Babyface fight ("Oh hey, Giorno is waving!").

It's definitely an improvement over 3 (and 6 will be as well), but things like Babyface, Talking Head and tapping-out-inside-the-turtle shenanigans will continue to happen.
    tfw no Fate/One

Annasui is smart JoBro, and Hermes is the dumb one.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Happy Megane Sion is Best Sion! ChiakiKakumei's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I liked the build up with the music in that Narancia fight, it was despair then hope and then there's the Passione Squad theme of "You're fucked" to the Supa gay men. It almost feels like a Phoenix Wright setup.

and why are they talking out loud instead of keeping their thoughts to themselves? It makes them look like targets with the word "Enemy" on your forehead.
    Chibi V.Sion Army go!

Because they're talking to each other?

Watched the most recent episode, and I must say, the suspense and the sense of hopelessness from the Notorious B.I.G. fight was nailed by DP. Music, animation, all of it on point. Also, a bit miffed they ended on the cliffhanger before a certain Stand debuted, but well, can't wait for spoilers.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I don't get why the stand user would just want to die...
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Honestly, we could speculate all we want and never know. It just is what it is.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    More than that, how do you know that your stand will keep going after you've died? How do you come to that conclusion? You can't test it. For that matter, how did the guys who's stand is only effective on his own death make it to the Stand assassin squad? He can't have used his stand to get there, since he's still alive. So he must be either really badass as normal or the worlds best bullshiter, which would both give him better avenues of attack better than "go get shot and hope your stand works how you think".
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

He could be some extremely suicidal guy Diavolo just decided to harness as a weapon. Considering some of the Stand users we'll be getting next part, not too big an assumption.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    The Stand appeared beforehand too, so it did stuff. Just not what it's doing now...
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

It's not like people have no control over what their Stands will develop into. Stands are ultimately an expression of the self, and in some cases, people can manipulate that expression based on their convictions and goals.

I think this was explained somewhat as the fight continued, but I don't fully remember and I don't want to refresh before next week. I do remember that my theory at the time was that the man was already dead and reanimated.
    tfw no Fate/One

Blog Entries
    Notorious B.I.G for worst Stand ever?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    It's not even clear if Carne did necessarily want to die. The Italian text Notorious B.I.G scrawled when it was attached to Giorno's arm (which Crunchyroll bizarrely didn't translate at all, but can be found translated on various sites discussing the series) mentioned the user died while cursing and resenting the JoJo gang, and that his Stand is fueled by his hatred and desire for revenge. That doesn't really sound like the mental state of a guy who wanted to die.

It's possible he was more like Pericolo (the capo who killed himself to keep La Squadra from tracking down Trish). Got to live luxuriously in the gang with all his wants provided for, in return for knowing someday the other shoe would drop and he'd be asked to die for them. Alternatively, the boss could've blackmailed or otherwise coerced Carne into sacrificing himself, like threatening his family if he didn't comply.

Of course, that still doesn't answer the question of how the boss knew Carne's Stand would survive after his death in the first place. But you could easily imagine a bunch of answers to that. Maybe Passione just has a Stand user somewhere whose only power is to sense the abilities of other Stands in their vicinity. Or maybe B.I.G itself told Carne what his power was through its "automatic writing" ability.

Blog Entries
    It's also entirely possible that N.BIG can activate with non-fatal injuries ala Ebony Devil but the pain and hatred from dying makes it far stronger than if Carne had survived.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    It's also entirely possible that N.BIG can activate with non-fatal injuries ala Ebony Devil but the pain and hatred from dying makes it far stronger than if Carne had survived.
    That'd probably make the most sense. Also, maybe the reason B.I.G can survive Carne's death is because it can consume physical materials and merge itself with them. Since we know from Anubis in part 3 that Stands bounded to physical objects can outlast their users. If you look at it that way, it's logical somebody in Passione who knows a lot about Stands could've predicted that it could survive Carne's death. Not to say it still wouldn't have been a helluva' gamble, but Passione had nothing to lose at that point since no normal Stand could've pursued the gang while they were in a plane flying thousands of feet up in the air.