Page 236 of 275 FirstFirst ... 136186226231234235236237238241246 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,720 of 5494

Thread: Jojo's Bizarre Threadventure

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Actually, almost right after posting that I realized that just about every member of the gang except Abbacchio and maybe Narancia would have ways to deal with Metallica.

-Giorno could transform random objects into fresh blood to replace the iron torn out of him, or even nullify Metallica's attacks outright by turning the blades Risotto forms right back into living blood before they can damage him.

-Bruno could just unzip himself to pull the blades out without needing to damage his body (plus the zombie thing you mentioned).

-Mista would have harder time, but the Beach Boy/Grateful Dead fight shows that Sex Pistols can go inside his body and move around, so he could use them to pull out the blades, though not without taking some damage in the process.

-Narancia wouldn't have any direct counter to Metallica, but the Clash fight shows he can keep his cool and attack even when his neck is being savaged by a miniature shark. It'd take more than vomiting up a few razorblades to get him to let up. Plus Aerosmith's radar would let him track Risotto even while he's invisible, removing one of the latter's major advantages.

If anything the whole deal with Risotto shows one of the things I like most about Araki as a Shonen writer: he's not slavishly bound to "power-levels" as a means of deciding who beats who in a fight. Most of the main cast would've been able to defeat Risotto fairly easily in a straight fight, but he still manages to get within a hair's breadth of killing the main villain, purely through clever tactics and the fact that his ability was almost perfectly geared for the setup of that particular fight. It shows that in a real fight, things like tactics, preparation and how well the respective opponents' skillsets counter each other can matter just as much or more than who's technically "stronger" on paper.

Also I was aware of the PHF spoiler, but A: Neither Bruno's gang or Risotto know that, and B: it's a spinoff not written by Araki himself and thus doubtfully canonical.
    I'm fairly certain PHF will get adapted as an OVA of some sorts eventually, and nothing Araki has written has contradicted it. Also, he was somewhat involved in making it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

His only involvement is the illustrations, it's Kouhei Kadono's tribute to JoJo. I highly doubt PHF will be adapted as anything but drama CDs, though I'd love to be proven wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Who of the assassins would have had the best luck against the boss?
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Who of the assassins would have had the best luck against the boss?
    Ghiaccio would probably threaten him the most in a straight fight. White Album is a really strong and versatile Stand, and probably has the most "firepower" (if you'll pardon the pun) of any of the assassins.

Melone could be a serious thorn in the Boss's side if he got his genetic material and kept sending Babyface children after him. The Boss could almost certainly handle anything Babyface could sic on him individually, but without a way to track down Melone (who, mind you, could be on the other side of the country given Babyface doesn't have any apparent range limit) he'd be bound to let his guard down eventually.

Illuso could theoretically make him helpless by pulling him inside the mirror world and separating him from King Crimson, but the Boss is probably savvy enough that he wouldn't let himself get caught in the first place.

Really though, I don't think any of La Squadra could take down the Boss in a straight fight. Now if they were working together on the other hand...
    Last edited by RoydGolden; April 20th, 2019 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Clarified

Quote Originally Posted by Toa of Gallifrey View Post
    His only involvement is the illustrations, it's Kouhei Kadono's tribute to JoJo. I highly doubt PHF will be adapted as anything but drama CDs, though I'd love to be proven wrong.
    Yeah...though it's not like there are any other major Part V related materials by Araki himself.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

That's the case for any part. The Rohan OVAs will probably keep getting made since it's manga content that exists, though it's not inherently tied to part 4 beyond featuring a character existing in it. The drama CDs included with Diamond is Unbreakable were completely original content. If Golden Wind includes any, there's a minuscule chance that they'll adapt PHF or Golden Heart/Golden Ring, but I think that's less likely than entirely original bite-sized stories.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, in case anyone doesn't follow the JoJo anime twitter, there's gonna be a recap on May 3.
    tfw no Fate/One

I see. New season then?

Also, for now, in PHF I trust. That novel redeemed Part V for me.

Finally, anyone else up to date on Part 8?

Recaps are just for spacing out production, we'll have a gap week between episodes 28 and 29. Highly doubt part 6 will be announced before part 5 is over.

I'm caught up on part 8. I don't have much to discuss on it beyond being really eager to see where it's going. I hope we're not at the endgame yet, I really like this part and I think there's a lot that can be done with this cast before moving on to part 9 (or ending the series altogether).
    tfw no Fate/One

I meant a new season of the Part V anime with a new opening.

- - - Updated - - -

Spoiler:
    As for Part 8, consider Tsurugi is likely innocent, I now wonder who killed Norisuke IV, and I'm intrigued by how the Head Doctor's Stand seems to weaponize bumping into things. Finally, I'm convinced Tooru is a Rock Human of some sort.

Doubt they're replacing the current opening, especially since the first recap didn't phase out Fighting Gold

Spoiler:
    I think 89's Stand has to do with teleportation, maybe wormholes?
    Last edited by Toa of Gallifrey; April 20th, 2019 at 06:36 PM.
    tfw no Fate/One

Quote Originally Posted by Toa of Gallifrey View Post
    Doubt they're replacing the current opening, especially since the first recap didn't phase out Fighting Gold

Spoiler:
    I think 89's Stand has to do with teleportation, maybe wormholes?
    Spoiler:
    Maybe it does, but that begs the question, how exactly did he make it so Mamezuku's legs are horribly injured and about to fall off? Bear in mind he only tripped over chairs, tables, and a gurney.

Spoiler:
    It likely has more than one gimmick, we'll find out next month (possibly).
    tfw no Fate/One

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I was rewatching the first Doppio episode as I was trying to figure out if Doppio was first or the boss.

When we see the baby's eyes, they're the same color as Doppio. So it must be that Doppio is the "original."

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Hell of an origin

Real WTF on what happened to the mother, how was that possible

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    She pulled an Portgas D Rouge from One Piece. 21 month pregnancies.

Or since this was made almost a decade beforehand, she pulled a Jojo.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

I was rewatching the first Doppio episode as I was trying to figure out if Doppio was first or the boss.

When we see the baby's eyes, they're the same color as Doppio. So it must be that Doppio is the "original."
    They're both twins who somehow fused in the womb. So there is no "original" vs "new".

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    But that's not what Risotto says.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

But that's not what Risotto says.
    Actually yes it is. Two different souls in one body, and when they switch, their physical characteristics change. Also, the fusion probably is what accounts for their mother's abnormally long pregnancy.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    She pulled an Portgas D Rouge from One Piece. 21 month pregnancies.

Or since this was made almost a decade beforehand, she pulled a Jojo.
    More on what he did after he was born. Like sweet Jesus that was just nightmarish

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    They're both twins who somehow fused in the womb. So there is no "original" vs "new".
    Will that be up later, because they really didn't say in the episode but I'm assuming this is true.