Page 231 of 275 FirstFirst ... 131181221226229230231232233236241 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,620 of 5494

Thread: Jojo's Bizarre Threadventure

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Growing up in the 2000s, I remember all my mostly white friends being super confused about the whole thing, at least in elementary school.

Also, totally understand it was written this way on purpose, and it's far from the weirdest conversation the group will have. You'll see.
    Yeah, I think the intended conclusion is just that the JoJo crew are a bunch of quirky weirdos who like talking about weird things in their free time.

I mean, this is a gang consisting of a 20-something who acts like a kid and can't do basic arithmetic, a guy who's pathologically afraid of the number 4 and an ex-cop who thinks pissing in someone's tea is a hilarious prank (Bucciarati and Giorno are the most "normal" members of the team, at least at face value, and they mostly stayed out of that conversation). Misunderstanding vegetarianism would hardly be the oddest thing they've ever done.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Yeah, I think the intended conclusion is just that the JoJo crew are a bunch of quirky weirdos who like talking about weird things in their free time.

I mean, this is a gang consisting of a 20-something who acts like a kid and can't do basic arithmetic, a guy who's pathologically afraid of the number 4 and an ex-cop who thinks pissing in someone's tea is a hilarious prank (Bucciarati and Giorno are the most "normal" members of the team, at least at face value, and they mostly stayed out of that conversation). Misunderstanding vegetarianism would hardly be the oddest thing they've ever done.
    According to the wiki, Narancia was 18 at oldest during VA, which makes sense, since Bruno met him when he was at high school age.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    According to the wiki, Narancia was 18 at oldest during VA, which makes sense, since Bruno met him when he was at high school age.
    Somehow I got it into my head that Narencia was actually the oldest member of the group or something, when actually he's just older than Fugo, who's only 16 (my god, lad certainly does not look it though). Thanks for the correction.

Somehow I got it into my head that Narencia was actually the oldest member of the group or something, when actually he's just older than Fugo, who's only 16 (my god, lad certainly does not look it though). Thanks for the correction.
    And Giorno is 15, for gods' sake. Abbacchio is the oldest by about 6 months.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

DPro's JoJo shines in the directing, digital effects and sound design. I don't think that the former two have been quite as strong in part 5 as in part 4 (though there has been a lot of great lighting and CG, it hasn't complemented shots anywhere near as well as 4's effects did) but sound design has in general been top notch. It just kinda sucks when an episode is noticeably a downgrade. I don't even care that much about the poorly drawn faces, those can be fixed in the bluray, I care about bland scene comp and structure. This episode had some potentially great stuff with a little polish like Narancia's freakouts (which was a cool justifiable off-model thing that was really kinetic and fun to watch, just needed a little polish with a couple extra frames) and a bunch of great cuts that just need a redraw (and some that are flat out great, like a shot with Narancia around the 18 and a half minute mark) but also a lot of shit like Trish's badly drawn monologue with uninspired framing and Buccellati's lolzoomout that really shouldn't have made it in. All this said, I'm very appreciative of DP putting in the work of delivering an anime for a manga long believed to be wholly unadaptable. Reading the manga made me appreciate it all the more, and I hope it carries on all the way through part 8 or wherever Araki leaves us off.

- - - Updated - - -

Also this episode gave us the Abbacchio wine meme and delivered on Squalo and Tiziano's eroticism, I can't hold the fact that so much of it looks bad entirely against it
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toa of Gallifrey View Post
    Also this episode gave us the Abbacchio wine meme and delivered on Squalo and Tiziano's eroticism, I can't hold the fact that so much of it looks bad entirely against it
    I've heard jokes that all the budget this week went to making Squalo and Tiziano look as sexy as possible. Given how their scenes were some of the best-looking in the episode, I don't think that's so far off.

The scene where they have uncensored 60 FPS anal sex inside the restaurant in view of everyone while moaning about how they're going to kill Narancia and describing it in graphic detail was a little too long and I feel like those resources could've gone into other parts of the episode, but I hear Araki specifially asked for it, so I can't fault him for wanting to break free of Shonen Jump's limitations.

In all seriousness, that was exactly what I wanted out of their interactions (without going into unrealistic territory like Utena-style comically serious poses that change between every shot). I cared more about seeing that than I do about how the fight goes, so I'm happy.
    tfw no Fate/One

Quote Originally Posted by Toa of Gallifrey View Post
    The scene where they have uncensored 60 FPS anal sex inside the restaurant in view of everyone while moaning about how they're going to kill Narancia and describing it in graphic detail was a little too long and I feel like those resources could've gone into other parts of the episode, but I hear Araki specifially asked for it, so I can't fault him for wanting to break free of Shonen Jump's limitations.

In all seriousness, that was exactly what I wanted out of their interactions (without going into unrealistic territory like Utena-style comically serious poses that change between every shot). I cared more about seeing that than I do about how the fight goes, so I'm happy.
    It has been ages since I read Part 5, so forgive me for my ignorance, but did that really happen, or am I stupid to even semi-believe it?

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    It's dumb, yes, but at least we're all in on the joke together.

Hopefully. Because if not, Yikes with a capital Y.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    > thinking Narancia is older than everyone

how

nothing he does suggests hes mature or old at all lol
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

He is older than Fugo, and being a manchild does exist. So Royd can be kind of forgiven.

It has been ages since I read Part 5, so forgive me for my ignorance, but did that really happen, or am I stupid to even semi-believe it?
    I'm just referencing the Incredibles 2 meme where people say that they weren't a huge fan of Mr. Incredibles' explosive tirade against Frozone.
    tfw no Fate/One

Anyone still reading Part 8? If so, just read the newest chapter today, and
    Spoiler:
    I totally suspect Yasuho's ex as being some sort of rock human, even if he isn't allied with the Rokakaka research team. Also, Tsurugi just got creepier today, and it turns out he didn't quite murder someone after all.

Blog Entries
    Just watched ep 23 this afternoon. I think the fight this week should dispel any lingering notions that Narancia is "stupid" or "an idiot". Kid might be uneducated and impulsive, but in a pinch he can show an amazing amount of cleverness and tactical thinking. The way he used Talking Heads' own ability against Squalo & Tiziano to trick the duo into letting their guard down was downright brilliant.

Speaking of Talking Heads though, for some reason I expected more screentime to be dedicated to Narancia figuring out how to overcome it and tell the rest of the crew what was going on. I even swore I saw manga panels (which I quickly looked away from to avoid spoiling myself) of Narancia trying various ways to work around it, like writing a message on his arm or saying obviously false things like "the sky is red" or "water is dry" to try and let his allies know he's being forced to lie without telling them directly. Instead it doesn't matter since Narancia runs off on his own to defeat S&T, with the rest of the gang never realizing what was going on until the situation was already resolved.

Am I just getting confused, or was there a whole chunk of this fight from the manga that got cut out to save time?

Happy Megane Sion is Best Sion! ChiakiKakumei's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So how did Giorno survive getting his neck chomped and shot at? I assume he still uses that trick he used on Baby Face and is just replacing his wounds?
    Chibi V.Sion Army go!

Just watched ep 23 this afternoon. I think the fight this week should dispel any lingering notions that Narancia is "stupid" or "an idiot". Kid might be uneducated and impulsive, but in a pinch he can show an amazing amount of cleverness and tactical thinking. The way he used Talking Heads' own ability against Squalo & Tiziano to trick the duo into letting their guard down was downright brilliant.

Speaking of Talking Heads though, for some reason I expected more screentime to be dedicated to Narancia figuring out how to overcome it and tell the rest of the crew what was going on. I even swore I saw manga panels (which I quickly looked away from to avoid spoiling myself) of Narancia trying various ways to work around it, like writing a message on his arm or saying obviously false things like "the sky is red" or "water is dry" to try and let his allies know he's being forced to lie without telling them directly. Instead it doesn't matter since Narancia runs off on his own to defeat S&T, with the rest of the gang never realizing what was going on until the situation was already resolved.

Am I just getting confused, or was there a whole chunk of this fight from the manga that got cut out to save time?
    Unfortunately, some really funny content was cut from the first half of the fight. Stuff like Narancia telling Giorno that he's a girl, that Bruce Lee is a girl, that 2 + 2 = 8 and trying to write "Water" on his arm and it coming out as "Watch 'er tits wobble! I've got a Stand in my pants!". At least they kept the pissing scene.
    tfw no Fate/One

Wait, they cut all that out? Shame. Also, found Tiziano and Squalo's relationship to be heartwarming, especially Tiziano's final sacrifice.

Also, for the record, I totally read Part V, but that was 2 years ago, and it was my least favorite part, so I didn't bother remembering it.

Blog Entries
    Wait, they cut all that out? Shame. Also, found Tiziano and Squalo's relationship to be heartwarming, especially Tiziano's final sacrifice.

Also, for the record, I totally read Part V, but that was 2 years ago, and it was my least favorite part, so I didn't bother remembering it.
    As disappointed as I am that we didn't get to see all that hilarious content, it might be for the best narratively that it got trimmed. The gang taking so long to notice that something was wrong with Narancia was hair-pulling enough as is. If that setup had been dragged out any longer it would really make them all look like total idiots for still not suspecting anything.

I disagree in that I found the second part lacking impact with Narancia's frustration at Talking Head, though I respect your stance on it making the gang seem denser. They could've at least kept the one he says to Giorno privately since he figures it out before anyone else.
    tfw no Fate/One

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    As disappointed as I am that we didn't get to see all that hilarious content, it might be for the best narratively that it got trimmed. The gang taking so long to notice that something was wrong with Narancia was hair-pulling enough as is. If that setup had been dragged out any longer it would really make them all look like total idiots for still not suspecting anything.
    I feel as thats just a pretty typical Jojo episode. The one who is the designated fighter of the week is a 4D chessmaster laying layers and layers of keikakus while the others act like total idiots. Honestly Jojo characters act so unrealistic and dare I say bizarre that I don't expect normal behavior from anyone, so stuff like this doesn't matter in Jojo to me.