Page 219 of 275 FirstFirst ... 119169209214217218219220221224229269 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,380 of 5494

Thread: Jojo's Bizarre Threadventure

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Also, is Proschuitto voiced by Daisuke Ohno?
    No, it's Tatsuhisa Suzuki who people might know as Viscount Druitt from Black Butler, Kazunari Takao from Kuroko's Basketball and Ban from The Seven Deadly Sins just to name a few.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    No, it's Tatsuhisa Suzuki who people might know as Viscount Druitt from Black Butler, Kazunari Takao from Kuroko's Basketball and Ban from The Seven Deadly Sins just to name a few.
    Oh, I thought he vaguely sounded like Jotaro. Goes to show how much I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    People with similar vocal ranges can sound alike.

It's why Mathew Mercer (Jotaro's ENG VA) is always lovingly reffered to as "Discount Troy Baker" since they sound alike and Mercer took over as Kanji in Persona 4 when Baker was unavailable.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Happy Megane Sion is Best Sion! ChiakiKakumei's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like when Proschiutto beat the crap out of Pesci and Pesci told him to stop beating on him, he didn't hit him again and just grabbed his collar and scolded him. I mean I get both of their point of view. Pesci would have actually killed Mista if he didn't panic about the ice and I guess that what made Proschiutto pissed off at him. Pesci was scared because he is also affected by the Grateful Dead and that he panicked. I kinda of wish of a backstory between both of them to make them support each other like bros so much.
    Chibi V.Sion Army go!

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, it was cool how Prosciutto did seem to actually care about Pesci in this episode. He was just annoyed Pesci didn't have enough confidence in himself despite how powerful his Stand is (seriously, Mista would've been a goner if he hadn't been distracted by the ice). Makes the duo come off as surprisingly sympathetic despite being psychos who have no qualms crashing a train and killing everyone on it just to kidnap one person.

If this was Pesci's story, he'd undoubtedly have a whole character arc of learning to overcome his insecurity and stand on his own two feet apart from his bro (a la Simon and Kamina). As is, he'll probably be brutally killed off in the next episode or so. This arc is pretty good at making the villains sympathetic and relatable despite what absolute assholes they tend to be.

Though honestly, I was kind of distracted by the weird rubbery sounds Pesci's neck made during the neck massage Prosciutto gave him. What on earth is up with that guy?

I have always felt Prosciutto had the right idea, but he NEVER was able to express it properly until he got literally crushed, and then Pesci went all badass with Beach Boys. I also agree about the neck massage and his neck in general. What's his neck and what's his chin?
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    What's his neck and what's his chin?
    A mystery on par with Jotaro and his hat-hair.

Happy Megane Sion is Best Sion! ChiakiKakumei's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Actually, Pesci is kinda of smart when you look at it, he was the only one who noticed that Bruno was missing in the Turtle. He may not be good looking but he really does deserve some respect or love or something.
    Chibi V.Sion Army go!

And he gets it. Proschiutto clearly sees his potential, and Bruno later acknowledges how he's the actual deadly member of the duo.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Finally watched the two most recent episodes back to back after getting back to the States, and one thing that struck me as odd was the whole pedo professor as backstory for Fugo because PHF instead says Fugo whaled on the professor because the latter made fun of his grief for his grandmother. Was the pedo professor manga-canon or anime-original?
    I liked the anime version better, since it helped ground his rage more.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    The anime scene kind of failed at showing the uncontrollable side of Fugo's rage IMO. Beating up a pedo who tried to molest/rape you is more of a case of justifiable self-defence, whereas doing the same thing to someone who merely made fun of your grandma is obviously less so. Then again, the anime added new scenes that emphasized how dangerous Fugo's temper was (like when he had to restrain himself from killing his dad), so I guess it balances out.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    We see plenty of the uncontrollable rage just in his day to day interactions, like stabbing Narancia with a fork when he gets a math problem wrong, or when he's seething while he's driving with Giorno and Abacchio. But the anime version also gives an extra depth to his character because it makes you wonder how much of the rage is from his traumas. I like it better that way, it's more interesting. It brings him in line with all of the other members.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

The anime also added him wigging out at his clothes being used as Trish's handkerchief, he's plenty angery without needing to imitate Mista's thing of picking fights over petty stuff (Clint Eastwood [or actors in general in the anime] in his case).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

Nah, I feel the PHF backstory adds more depth to his rage and makes him more of a tragic and sympathetic character. The professor mocking his grandmother's death was just the last straw, and he took it badly because she was the only one who actually loved him.

- - - Updated - - -

We see plenty of the uncontrollable rage just in his day to day interactions, like stabbing Narancia with a fork when he gets a math problem wrong, or when he's seething while he's driving with Giorno and Abacchio. But the anime version also gives an extra depth to his character because it makes you wonder how much of the rage is from his traumas. I like it better that way, it's more interesting. It brings him in line with all of the other members.
    Yeah, no. For me, the PHF backstory really emphasizes the trauma he endured in a loveless family and an environment that forced him to suppress his natural compassion.

Spoiler:
    Speaking of JJBA, the latest Part 8 chapter. Is Tsurugi's Stand evolving, and is he murdering kids who bullied him like Joubin did before? Also, I'm not sure if he's the one who did whatever the fuck happened to Norisuke IV. Finally, why is Rai hellbent on mistrusting Yasuho's intuition when she has a Stand that literally guides her to the right answers? At least Josuke should know better.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Beating up a pedo who tried to molest/rape you is more of a case of justifiable self-defence, [,,,]
    Beating up a pedo until you get away or they're stopped is justifiable self-defence. Beating up a pedo nearly to death, less so.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Nakamuras ARIARIARI was pretty comical lol

Otherwise they did justice to one of my favorite Jojo battles, Bruno is the GOAT.

I agree, they really did justice to this battle. Animation and OST were on point, and the emotional gravity from the manga was kept for sure. Also, Trish's question was very well acted, and I could feel her frustration and confusion.

Blog Entries
    "You should say it afterwards. In the world of gangsters, that is."

Holy crap, that line of Bruno's was just so badass. A little contrived how he just happened to recite almost the exact same line as Prosciutto (given he never actually heard him say it), but it can easily be justified as them sharing a similar gangster ethos. Also Pesci was downright scary after he got serious. If he was facing any of the crew other than Bruno he'd have won for sure, as without Bruno's ability to unzip himself they'd have no way to counter the fishhook. As an aside, I find it morbidly funny that Pesci's giant weird pineapple neck ended up proving to be his fatal weakness.

All in all, a really satisfying sendoff to what's probably part 5's most interesting and fleshed out pair of villains so far. That little scene where Bruno knelt down in front of Prosciutto's corpse while his name and Stand name appeared on-screen like an obituary was weirdly poignant. Even though the two were total scumbags, their resolve and loyalty to each other have to be respected.

I'm just realizing how weird Melone truly was after watching this episode. The way his Stand works is so odd, and the things he says to make it work are as or more ridiculous. Like seriously, he didn't even need to ask what position Babyface's "mother" preferred, yet he did it anyway. In any case, I remembered Babyface tracking them down to a rest stop, but not much more, so I still feel the suspense.