Page 1 of 38 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Conception/Zero (Fate/Zero x Shin Megami Tensei Crossover)

Blog Entries

Conception/Zero (Fate/Zero x Shin Megami Tensei Crossover)

Hey, everybody. First time posting, I started reading Fate/stay night and Fate/Zero fanfics a few weeks ago and discovered Beast's Lair. I've had this idea dancing around my head of the Shin Megami Tensei and various Type-Moon stories crossing over a bunch, I'd like to post one of them here and get some feedback along the way. All feedback is appreciated, and I may ask for help regarding Nasuverse logic and stuff so help is appreciated too. Thanks for reading!

"Conception/Zero"

A Fate/Zero and Shin Megami Tensei crossover (with an extra cameo or two sprinkled in) by Shinogu

Prologue Chapters
    Part 1 is below, 2, 3, 4, 5

Chapter 1: Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Chapter 2: Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Chapter 3: Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Chapter 4: Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Act I: LAW

Chapter 5: Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    Chapter 6: Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    Chapter 7: Part 1

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Fate/Zero or Shin Megami Tensei nor do I own El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei or the Marvel Cinematic Universe, obviously

~

Zouken Matou dragged the little girl along as he shuffled towards the basement. His left hand grip held tight in her hair like a vice, never budging despite her whimpering as she tried to keep up. The sound of his walking stick impacting on the ground seemed to go right in tandem with the grandfather clock in some other room of Matou Manor. If anyone who knew Zouken bore witness to this sight, the most unusual thing they would note was his heaving and panting as he stalked closer to his destination. Rarely did the man exert himself, especially in his fragile state. Perhaps the only compliment one could give the man was that he wasn't tripping over his own robes in his haste.

Someone was knocking on the door. Three rapid strikes on the front door, and then silence. Zouken stopped for a moment, the notion of anybody looking for him at his time being absurd to him. After a short moment, Zouken started to pull the girl along again when the knocking on the door came back. This time he heard a muffled shout for him, and interesting enough, for the girl as well. The voice sounded familiar, a little bit different but close enough that one name instantly came to mind: Kariya.

'So the prodigal son returns to seek salvation for the little one,' the old man mused to himself as he continued on. The last living descendent with the magic potential to reinvigorate the Matou bloodline and its withering legacy, Kariya Matou had expressed disgust at the family methods and chosen a life of exile and solitude. The last that Zouken had gleamed of Kariya's actions through a familiar was a short meeting with the Tohsaka's wife and child, and then a mad dash to the manor. 'Too late to play hero now, boy,' Zouken thought as his brittle hand reached for the cellar doorknob-

"I thought that people were supposed to answer the door when someone comes knocking."

It must have been the shock, the sudden rush of adrenaline that hadn't been activated in decades, or the fact that it was HIS voice, Zouken had never spun around so fast to meet this mysterious stranger in his entire life. The girl yelped as she was flung to the floor by the old man's unexpected movement, tripping over his walking stick in the process. She didn't have the energy to get up, but she glanced upward at the person who got such a reaction and set her new grandfather on edge unlike she had ever seen before. It wasn't really hard to spot him. In all the darkness that the Matou manor seemed to perpetuate, the stranger was in what looked like a quite comfortable chair with a rack of candles providing the only warm, yet unnatural, light in the house.

Mr. Stranger was clad in a dark blue suit ensemble with a white shirt and yellow tie around his neck. He rested his face on his left hand with his arm on the armrest, leaning towards the candles that seemed to make his blond hair and yellow eyes sparkle like gold, and his skin white like marble. His finger tapped his temple while he stared at the two people in front of him.

"... Cypher." The name escaped Zouken’s dry lips with a hint of fear, and the stranger smiled.

"You remember, after all. Age hasn't slowed you down completely then, Zouken," the one known as Cypher said with a sigh of relief. He finally got up from the chair, and walked forward a few steps before kneeling down to look at the little girl. "She's yours? I thought the Matou bloodline couldn't produce capable heirs anymore."

"A generous donation from the Tohsaka family... They had a spare, and I happened to remember our old ties," Zouken spoke slowly as if he was reminding himself how he came to possess the girl in the first place. A light laugh came from the younger man as he held his hand out to the girl, She looked at it quizzically before finding herself pulled up to her feet anyway. "Listen to us, Zouken. We talk about her like she was some brood mare, does she not have a name?" Cypher asked the old man, then he turned back to her. "Well, child? What's your name?"

She didn't answer right away. She couldn't help but be unsettled by this stranger who, despite the show of courtesy and decency she hadn't experienced since her arrival here, seemed more alien than the walking mummy that said he was her grandfather. She looked away from the new man's doll-like face a few times before... "Sakura."

"Sakura... what a pretty name. For a pretty girl, too," Cypher said as he turned back to Zouken in glee. The old man merely returned a stare that would have evaporated water before curtly nodding. "Yes yes, enough about the girl. What is your business here? We have not met in 59 years yet you suddenly see fit to grace me with your presence?" Zouken seemed to strike the ground with his cane harder as he walked around the others, clearly unafraid of the familiar intruder now.

"Ah yes, how quickly I forget that I have business in the first place. Distracted by the little lady, I suppose," Cypher said as he laughed, and then he shocked Zouken by walking towards the front door with Sakura. "Now, little Sakura. Your grandfather and I have some grown-up things to talk about. Could you wait outside for a little while? We'll be done soon." He left Sakura at the front door with the only pair of shoes at the door, her own, and left for Zouken without waiting for an answer.

Sakura didn't really know what else to do, so she put on a jacket and her shoes and opened the door. What she didn't expect was for somebody to run into the door the same time she opened it, and then fall on her.
    Last edited by Shinogu; January 26th, 2016 at 05:16 AM. Reason: I return with Chapter 7

Blog Entries
    ... Nocturne.

Oh boy.

So wish I could find a copy of that game for less than a hundred dollars.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

Blog Entries
    You can nab it direct from Amazon for under $20. No soundtrack CD but if all you want is the game, that's the best price I've seen it.

Actually, your mention of SMT Nocturne brought up what I guess is the first question I have: What year does Fate/Zero take place in? If Fate/stay night was released in 2004 and we assume it rests in that decade, then does Fate/Zero happen in the 1990's? This could be relevant regarding whether I incorporate some Shin Megami Tensei I's elements or not, considering that game takes place in 199X.

Blog Entries
    This fits my interests.

Proceed.

Very interesting

Cipher is one of the best characters I ever found in a game, so his presence would make things... interesting, and I'm not only talking in the chinese sense (that too, though).

I wonder if we would see Aleph, though. (I don't remember when SMT II happens)

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, I know nothing about Nocture, so I'm trying to work out if this guy showing up is good news or bad news. On one hand, he just saved Sakura from being worm-raped, at least for the time being, which is definitely good (plus, he was treating her vaguely like a human) but, on the other hand, he seemed to be on good terms with a guy who was dragging a four-year-old girl by her hair to his basement to torture her, which is defintely not good....
    Last edited by Mike1984; December 19th, 2011 at 07:39 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinogu View Post
    Actually, your mention of SMT Nocturne brought up what I guess is the first question I have: What year does Fate/Zero take place in? If Fate/stay night was released in 2004 and we assume it rests in that decade, then does Fate/Zero happen in the 1990's? This could be relevant regarding whether I incorporate some Shin Megami Tensei I's elements or not, considering that game takes place in 199X.
    Fate/Zero takes place 10 years before Stay Night so it takes place on 1994.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    I wonder if we would see Aleph, though. (I don't remember when SMT II happens)
    SMTII happens a couple of decades later than SMTI.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, it's been a while - but I'm game to see where this goes (pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    ... Nocturne.

Oh boy.

So wish I could find a copy of that game for less than a hundred dollars.
    Sorry - gave mine to a friend, or I'd mail it to you.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    Fate/Zero takes place 10 years before Stay Night so it takes place on 1994.
    In fact, FSN happens just after Tsukihime, in 2000/01, so Zero happens in 1990 /91

SMTII happens a couple of decades later than SMTI.
    Thanks, I wasn't sure if it was about ten years later, a couple, or more than fifty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Well, I know nothing about Nocture, so I'm trying to work out if this guy showing up is good news or bad news. On one hand, he just saved Sakura from being worm-raped, at least for the time being, which is definitely good (plus, he was treating her vaguely like a human) but, on the other hand, he seemed to be on good terms with a guy who was dragging a four-year-old girl by her hair to his basement to torture her, which is defintely not good....
    Cipher appears in SMT I, IIRC. And if you want, I can tell you his other name. Again, in SMT there aren't really bad guys or good guys, but different opinions about what's good for everybody. Everyone are jerkasses, though.

Spoiler:
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Blog Entries
    God is an assface in SMT. That should tell you something.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    I'm more into Persona than Nocturne, but I know the basics. Including who mister Cipher is. Let's see where you go with it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    In fact, FSN happens just after Tsukihime, in 2000/01, so Zero happens in 1990 /91
    What, you mean before Bill Clinton was even elected...? I don't think so....

Cipher appears in SMT I, IIRC. And if you want, I can tell you his other name. Again, in SMT there aren't really bad guys or good guys, but different opinions about what's good for everybody. Everyone are jerkasses, though.
    Well, in this instance, I'm thinking about whether it's good for Sakura in particular (as well as Kariya and, to a lesser extent, everyone else). Is he likely to help her, or will he leave her to suffer at Zouken's hands?

Quote Originally Posted by Erlkonig View Post
    God is an assface in SMT. That should tell you something.
    Well, given that God seems intent on condemning me to be tortured for eternity for daring to think for myself, I'm not too fond of him in the real world either....

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh hey didn't know that.

Cipher appears in SMT I, IIRC. And if you want, I can tell you his other name. Again, in SMT there aren't really bad guys or good guys, but different opinions about what's good for everybody.
    Cipher actually appears on every SMT main game (SMT I, SMTII, SMTIII:Nocturne and SMT:SJ) and Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon. Also SMT is pretty big on following your ideals, which by the way, Ms Cipher is big on a certain way of thinking but that's for later maybe.

Everyone are jerkasses, though.
    This is why Neutral is the better choice.

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Okay:

Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    fuck laith btw

That's what Nasu said, that FSN's beggining follows Tsukihime's ending. Then Zero talked about Clinton, so who knows. I still think Nasu's direct words are more important with dates that what Urobuchi says.

About Cipher... he would do first of all whatever helps his plans. Now, if helping Sakura doesn't hinder his plans, and she actually has the will to try and helps herself, he can giver her a hand, if he finds it amusing, interesting or promising enough. First of all, he advocates for liberty. But he prioritize his plans over everything.

And yep, in SMT God is a jerkass. In Devil Survivor not so much. The jerkasses are his cohorts, but the same can be said of almost everyone except two or three characters, maybe the MC included (just maybe)

@laith True, he appears in every game of the main saga. And also true about Neutral. You just has to kick more asses, but it tends to be the best ending always.

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Well, given that God seems intent on condemning me to be tortured for eternity for daring to think for myself, I'm not too fond of him in the real world either....
    ......wow, and here I thought free will was one of the things we were blessed with.

Interesting crossover, though I only know the basics of SMT or Persona.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Devil Survivor is pretty much Everyone is a Jerkass: The Game. Also God is a bigger jerkass on Overclocked so yeah not even then.

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

Okay:

fuck laith btw

Banned
    Blog Entries
    That's what Nasu said, that Tsukihime's ending follows FSN's beggining. Then Zero talked about Clinton, so who knows. I still think Nasu's direct words are more important with dates that what Urobuchi says.
    Really? You consider Nasu's extremely ambiguous statement to be more important than direct canon from Zero, which Nasu explicitly approved?

About Cipher... he would do first of all whatever helps his plans. Now, if helping Sakura doesn't hinder his plans, and she actually has the will to try and helps herself, he can giver her a hand, if he finds it amusing, interesting or promising enough. First of all, he advocates for liberty. But he prioritize his plans over everything.
    Well, if he advocates liberty, then I'd hope he'd help her, because liberty is something canon Sakura is desperately lacking....

However, he seems to be somewhat friendly with Zouken, which makes my default opinion of him rather low, despite his apparent ideal fitting very strongly with my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    ......wow, and here I thought free will was one of the things we were blessed with.
    Yeah, sure, God lets you have free will, but if you dare actually use it, then he condemns you to eternal torture....

Blog Entries
    Actually, in Devil Summoner (the Raidou ones) God is pretty chill, and so is Louis Cypher. It's funny because Devil Summoner too has somebody saving the world, but as opposed to other SMT games the major players are actually not as jerkass as they are in other games.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Blog Entries
    Yeah, sure, God lets you have free will, but if you dare actually use it, then he condemns you to eternal torture....
    And who or what told you that? I'm very certain that that isn't the way it works...
    Then again, people are open to their opinions, and I don't go shoving my beliefs and ideals towards others.
    ...and this is off topic. Joy...I need to stop doing that......
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well, if he advocates liberty, then I'd hope he'd help her, because liberty is something canon Sakura is desperately lacking....

However, he seems to be somewhat friendly with Zouken, which makes my default opinion of him rather low, despite his apparent ideal fitting very strongly with my own.
    Actually Cypher advocates another thing entirely but it is related to liberty. Sorta, kinda.

The SMT series takes this, ramps it to 11 and then some.

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

Okay:

fuck laith btw