Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Beast's Lair Fanfiction Author Guide

If I'm With You, Surely Paradise Exists! Froggie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlology View Post
    If I said 'yes', would you write more of it?
    No. I'd get mad at you and try to make you love me again by proving I can write other stuff besides Iskander.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    [insert Gilgamesh joke about having too many treasures to have kept track of them all]

Anyway, yeah, just commentary people, we can derail elsewhere.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I would highly recomend against letting this start spamming out of control, as it seems on the verge of doing.
    last post requote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Okay, okay, okay.

Well, alas, I don't have much else to say because I only read a few writers here.

Heroslayer needs to put up a real update soon
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

Blog Entries
    Froggie: is very detail oriented yet able to say much in a few words. Froggie's mastery of the English language far exceeds mine; Froogie is able to describe thing in a few, elegant words that I can understand right away, yet am unable to think up when I try to write on my own. Froggie has some problem with updating expediently, mainly because Froggie is being distracted constantly by /a/ and the role playing games on this forum. Froggie has no problem with taking criticism and is very receptive to new ideas. Needs to update more.

Blog Entries
    Five_X: is aroused by things Roman, Latin, or of history. Very receptive to ideas and suggestions and is not afraid to challenge or be challenged. Certainly reads more than I do. Has a good sense of humor. Tends to desire fan art. Has promised me his soul in exchange for a few oil paintings. Does his research in great detail and is easily one of the best technical writers I have read.

Hm... For Pata Hikari,

His (or her, I don't know) stories can sometimes be confusing but they're beautifully written and almost like poetry.
    Code:

Blog Entries
    Velsper is boss.

Blog Entries
    Velsper: You never know what you're going to get. Awesome action scenes interlaced with cracky humour make for an engagingly unpredictable experience.

Blog Entries
    Myself: I... don't update often enough. That is my main caveat to anyone seeking to read my works: The updates are few and painfully far between. Beyond that, I focus on action and humor, with a smattering of what I claim to be romance.

RadiantBeam: Best fanwriter I've ever seen at capturing subtle emotion, hands down. She is a girl who can say in a sentence what most authors need a page to get across, and has the distinction of writing the only fanfic that has ever made me cry. Also, funnier than she thinks she is. And just a generally fun person, and a dear friend.

If I had one critique? Girl has yuri on the brain. Even when a story isn't supposed to be yuri when she starts, it ends up yuri as she writes it. She can't help herself. ...This is not actually bad, really, and doesn't impact the quality of her writing, I just like to tease her for it.

Blog Entries
    Okay, here's what I would like to say about myself: I originally got into fan fiction as a Shaman King fan-boy who was going to write Shaman King stories, but that went down the drain the more I got into other stuff. Long story short, however, I eventually wound up liking the Nasuverse through the Fate/stay Night anime (before eventually learning about the Visual Novel) and have found my knowledge half-baked at the moment. Of course, my half-baked knowledge is one of those things that I really (and I mean really) hate with nothing above it other than what I hate in real life, other than my lack of know-how on certain chat sites I refuse to name.

On that note, for those that were wondering, I don't have such half-baked knowledge in an RPG that I own that hardly anyone here has heard about with the exception of a few people (Anima: Beyond Fantasy is the name of the RPG, and for those that wish to know, I'll be working on those stories that require no knowledge of Anima as soon as humanly possible). I hope that I can receive some more positive feedback for my stories when I release chapters of them.

Also, my chapters tend to be big, at least with my Gundam story. Fair warning for those not used to me writing much.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Let's see...

Twelveseal: Does great stuff and is able to pull multiple, seemingly-unrelated plots together in a seamless and deep storyline. Plus lolis.

Alfie: I can't say enough good things about this author...but I will have to do with what I can. Does wonderful crossovers that join the two universes in a seamless manner. Also the guy who inspired me to write my own stuff.

IRUn: Wonderful author. The only problem is that it has been a while since I read anything of his that I cannot give a concrete review of his style. (Hint: That was me urging you to write faster, IRUn.)

Me: I write what I want, when I want. I also am able to keep my personal opinions about characters, events, and other things from interfering with my writing. I put the plot above all.
    Last edited by Alulim; December 20th, 2011 at 10:47 PM.
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

Blog Entries
    Alfheimwanderer: is the reason I'm here today.

Blog Entries
    Okay, on Alulim: He can be funny when he wants to, and it's no surprise that he can make a mecha franchise mix well with the Nasuverse (even though I haven't read or seen said mecha in my life, I'm more inclined to read it soon, as he made me interested in Linebarrels of Iron just by my reading the story). I wouldn't be surprised if he wrote a story based on the Tsukihime franchise next, because he knows enough to make the stories interesting.

Kieran: The reason I joined Beast's Lair
    Code:

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Okay, I'm going to put Fish and Kyokushi's comments in, but, guys, that's not about their writing. Go ahead and praise them or whatever, but the point of this is to comment about them as fic writers and whatnot for the beginner.

Blog Entries
    I know. That's what I mean. Alf is the reason I'm at the level of writing I'm at. Jeez, Arachi.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Okay, I don't trust myself to be able to accurately give proper opinions on anyone, so I'll stick to myself.

Bloble: ...Um... Has... good grammar? Isn't exactly the worst writer in the world? Willing to write pretty much anything?

...Um... yeah, I think I'll just forget about describing people.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Pata Hikari: One of the precious few authors that write Tsukihime. He/she does the series the justice that it deserves.

Xamusel: While he may not always think things through as much as he should, he can come up with a nigh-endless amount of interesting ideas on the fly. Consistent quality is a bonus.

Beamu: Wonderful author. Her stories are good enough that my dislike for yuri became irrelevant when faced with them.
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"