Thread: Low framerate / stutter????

Low framerate / stutter????

As tittle say, i have a p4 3.0ghz HT 1.5gb ram and HD 2600 pro

The VN F/HA runs "Fine" here, but i have a small problem, each time the "Camera" of the VN moves i seense that i have a masive fps drop and the movement of the camera start to "stutter" slighty, is this normal for this VN or is other problem?

I'be tryed in windowed and full screen and both have the same issue. i'm running the game with the "japanese" language in windows and also i'be tryed with the applocale and both "options" have the same issue

Any idea or tip?

Best regards

Blog Entries
    Oh, that happens to me too. But are you talking about all the time, or when the video segments of the VN are playing?
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

With the "FMV" everthing is smooth, but when the camera of the game start to move the "CG" ( Zoom displacement / movement of the background ) i have low framerate ( Is kinda hard to tell how much my fps drops sinse the VN dont allow me to use the Ati tray tool to see how much fps do i loose but is really noticeable

Also you can notice it when the "save" menu popup also when you are in the main windows of the VN ( Where is the start / continue etc etc ) looks like when the Logo of F/HA show up the framerate drops too

Is kinda odd, because when the Battle's starts and there are "Fast" cg changes and movements the fps looks ok

Also in the shire of tohsaka ( Yeah the fortune teller ) the fps looks like they are lower

Anyway i'be just entered in the third loop and didn't saw too much combat to see if the fps drop is really noticeable

Sorry, kinda hard to explain in english.
    Hope you understand =P

Regards

I vaguely remember fixing something similar in F/SN by changing a DirectDraw(?) setting.

Might look into it sometime, because I know I had to switch it back to get Myst to even run again.

The instalation folder have some kind of tool that allow to change many things, but the option to change the directDraw to API didn't have any effect

The low frame rate as i'be described before is still there...

@edit

Tryed each "posible" posible combination on the configurator tool in the "video options" of course and nothing removes the low framerate...

Anyway any solution or tip whould be welcome
    Last edited by Ouroboros; December 22nd, 2011 at 07:59 PM.

Blog Entries
    It could be a problem with your computer, but I doubt it as mine is way worse than yours and plays relatively well...is the lag hugely obvious, or just a little?
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

Looks like the setting I was thinking of was turning your DirectDraw hardware acceleration off. Could work to fix your problem.

Which version of Windows do you have? Pre-Vista you can just open dxdiag and flip it off (start, run, enter dxdiag, then go under the Display tab), otherwise you have to start digging in the registry.

Quote Originally Posted by Lianru View Post
    It could be a problem with your computer, but I doubt it as mine is way worse than yours and plays relatively well...is the lag hugely obvious, or just a little?
    Na is not my pc, actualy i can run max some heavy games like oblivion, crysis 1, FarCry 2, rFactor, and have a decent fps on skyrim and others games. so i highly doubt is my pc

And the "lag" is barely there, so is not a matter of "OMG I CANT PLAY AT ALL", i can play just fine, i just i'm aware of that barely slow down...

I'm a "obsesive" person that wanna have something and that something works "decently" =P

Quote Originally Posted by Hyarion View Post
    Looks like the setting I was thinking of was turning your DirectDraw hardware acceleration off. Could work to fix your problem.

Which version of Windows do you have? Pre-Vista you can just open dxdiag and flip it off (start, run, enter dxdiag, then go under the Display tab), otherwise you have to start digging in the registry.
    I thoug the same about the directDriv switched to GDI, also i'be tryed 3 types of Ati Drivers included modded drivers and still have that barely noticeable slow down

The only that positive i found in the setup is increase the Visual quality in general on the VN increasing the quality of the JPG imgs that the game use. also configures my Psx type joypad to use it insted of the mouse and keyboard

I'm using Windows Xp sp2 ( Is not worth update to sp3 =P )

Anyway, the only i think it could be is a drivers/hardward minimal incompatiblity, still the VN is perfectly playable, thanks again and regards

P.S : If i find some solution i will post it =)