Thread: Fate Stay Night freezing

後継者 Successor
    JP Friend Code
    PM me...

Fate Stay Night freezing

Okay my problem is that Fate Stay Night tends to freeze on me when I hit certain CGs, usually the special effect ones. This happened one before when I first started the UBW Route during the fight wth Berserker, a little I would get frozen in the middle of a special effect. I would go into the CG a blank information window would come up, and I'd click the ok button and after work, I can't click into the next CG, but everything else still works. Last time I had to reinstall Fate and I got through that CG just fine. Now I'm near the end of UBW (Gilgamesh vs Shiro, about cast UBW) AND NOW I'M STALLED! I saved right on that CG sadly because I made a lot of progress and didn't want to lose that. Had I not saved I could probably just skip through that scene and read through the previous scroll thingie, and it order to catch up I'd to start from an even earlier save, much earlier, beginning of UBW earlier. HELP!

後継者 Successor
    JP Friend Code
    PM me...
    Something tells me that people are avoiding this thread on purpose now. 30 views and no post? 3 days and no response? The site is active. Did I do something wrong?

Blog Entries
    Honestly, I have no clue how to fix this, and I don't think many other people do either. At a guess, I would just say back up your save files and reinstall to see if that does anything, but that's just my guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Try disabling Data Execution Prevention.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

後継者 Successor
    JP Friend Code
    PM me...
    And how do I do that?

Blog Entries
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.

後継者 Successor
    JP Friend Code
    PM me...
    Before I try this? Is it safe, I don't want to break anything.

Blog Entries
    Yes it's safe. I do it to run Hollow.

後継者 Successor
    JP Friend Code
    PM me...
    Is this guide for windows 7? The directions given don't appear in the control tab. Can I just search for a guide that will have tell me what I need?

後継者 Successor
    JP Friend Code
    PM me...
    Okay I looked up a guide for that, thing is if I were to do it, I may not be able to boot my computer up. Are there any other options? I really want to finish this game. I even tried uninstalling it then installing, and I get stalled at the same point. Its not really am effect, but its more right when I reach a point in the middle of shiro casting unlimited blade works. Someone else had the same issue as I read in another thread.

EDIT: I tried that guy's method (moving the realta nua patch files, patch4 and patch5, into another directory and passing up that point in thr novel. The issue is I believe is after the 3rd line of Shiro casting UBW during his battle with Gilgamesh. After that I saved and continued and stalled again at the next line of UBW casting.
    Last edited by Eriko; December 28th, 2011 at 07:50 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Why would disabling DEP cause your computer not to boot?

That's just Microsoft scaremongring....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriko View Post
    Okay I looked up a guide for that, thing is if I were to do it, I may not be able to boot my computer up. Are there any other options? I really want to finish this game. I even tried uninstalling it then installing, and I get stalled at the same point. Its not really am effect, but its more right when I reach a point in the middle of shiro casting unlimited blade works. Someone else had the same issue as I read in another thread.

EDIT: I tried that guy's method (moving the realta nua patch files, patch4 and patch5, into another directory and passing up that point in thr novel. The issue is I believe is after the 3rd line of Shiro casting UBW during his battle with Gilgamesh. After that I saved and continued and stalled again at the next line of UBW casting.
    Disabling DEP has no such repercussions. Totally safe. You can even leave it enabled and just make an exception for the Fate executable.