Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 691011

Thread: Emiya Shirou: Ace Attorney

Go post that in Tainted Ideals Seika, it would really fit there.
    Spoiler:
    As a general rule I hold no opinions that I have not been paid to hold.
    I am now a beta, so if you need help with a story feel free to ask.

Words of wisdom from ItsaRandomUsername:
    "Pssh, with proper writing almost anything can be logical. If it can work believably, then there's no reason why it shouldn't.
    Please note the keywords: "proper" and "almost". Bad storytelling mixed with nonsensical couplings are the drunk-driving of literature."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiam View Post
    Nothing helps you mature more than a little murder, especially in the Nasuverse.
    We are Beast's Lair!
    Derailer among derailers!
    Look upon the continuity of thy threads ye mighty, and DESPAIR!

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nitewind View Post
    Go post that in Tainted Ideals Seika, it would really fit there.
    And so Ilya became a Heroine of Justice.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Day 2 – Trial – 2

Emiya Shirou waited.

The lights of the courtroom above him blinked and sparked momentarily, as a testament to their age. This was an old courtroom. He couldn’t see it, but could feel the accumulated weight of 10 empty years. His mind churned frantically, warning him to flee from this place and give up against his unbeatable enemy. But those warnings were not listened to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.

Shirou had been an attorney for a scant few months. When he was young he watched the clouds and he said to his father, Emiya Kiritsugu. "I’ll make your dream come true. I’ll become a superhero.”

Kiristugu had said "Yeah. I’m relieved."

There was a time when he had believed that his dream was possible. Then as he got older he had stopped, almost acknowledging the futility of his ideal. But now in courtroom 5 of the Fuyuki courthouse he knew there was someone to save.

"Are you ready, Shirou?" Phoenix, his companion, asked. "Can you do this?"

Shirou’s only response was to squeeze his attorney’s badge to remind himself of the wall he would need to climb to surpass his opponent.

"Very well then." The grand judge spoke. “Mr. Archer, please give the court your opening statement.”

"Thank you, Your Honour." Archer said, and his damnable smirk widened imperceptibly. Shirou shot his best glare at him, but Archer didn’t even make eye contact with the young attorney. Finally Archer cleared his throat dramatically and opened his mouth to speak.

"The defendant, Ms. Matou Sakura was at the scene of the crime." He began.

Shirou gulped. "Damn, he’s serious…"

Archer continued, ignoring Shirou completely. “The prosecution has evidence that she is the only one who could have committed this murder, as well as evidence that she, in fact, did commit this murder. And, in fact, we have a witness who was at the scene of the crime minutes after the murder took place.”
    He paused for a brief second to let his words sink in, before continuing. “The prosecution sees no reason to doubt the obvious conclusion most people would make. Matou Sakura murdered her brother. She is undeniably guilty.”

“Objection!” Shirou found himself calling out with a shaky voice. “There was another person at the crime scene. Matou Zouken could’ve-“

“Silence.” Archer cut him off instantly. “This is my statement. You can make your objections after I’m done.”

“I see.” The judge nodded. “Thank you, Mr. Archer. And Mr. Emiya, there will be no interrupting of the prosecution while they are making their initial statement. Any more shenanigans like that and I’ll penalize you. Now then, let us begin then. Prosecution, you may call your first witness.”

“The prosecution calls…” Archer looked at his paper and for a brief moment a look of disgust, or exasperation, flitted across his face. “…the chief officer at the scene of the crime, Detective Lancer.”

The judge nodded once more. “Very well, then. Bailiff, fetch Detective Lancer-“

“No need, I’m right here.”

The judge and Shirou blinked in surprise as Lancer’s voice originated from the seats behind the prosecution’s side of the court. Shortly a familiar figure stood up from the seat it had been on, yawning lazily. Contrary to his earlier appearance, here he had donned a classy trench coat that gave him the look of a real detective.

Archer narrowed his eyes. “Why are you here?” He asked curtly. “You were supposed to be waiting-“

“Knew you’d call me.” Lancer replied. He jumped down from the raised seating area, landing on the prosecution area, where Archer’s hand had been seconds earlier. With another acrobatic jump he landed right on the witness stand. “So, all I have to do is say what happened that day, right?”

The judge seemed taken aback, but recovered quickly. “Yes, that’s right. And if you don’t mind, I’d like it if you refrained from any *ahem* feats of acrobatics in my court. Walking will suffice as a method of transportation.” The judge frowned.

“Yeah, yeah, sorry doc.” Lancer waved him off dismissively. “Won’t happen again.”

Shirou thought he saw Archer’s mocking expression falter for a second as Lancer spoke, but when he blinked the cool as a cucumber prosecutor was as calm as ever. “Witness. State your name and profession.” He all but growled.

“What? Why?” Lancer asked. He seemed genuinely puzzled. “Didn’t you just call me ‘Detective Lancer’? There’s my name and profession right there.”

“It’s just a formality.” Archer sighed. “Witness, name, and profession, and from your own mouth this time.”

“Indeed, Mr. Lancer, the witness must always state his name and profession when beginning a testimony.” The judge said. “It is a necessary part of our court system.”

“Bah, fine.” Lancer grinned, and puffed up his chest. “The name’s Lancer. I’m a detective on the police force. In my own words, the best damn detective there, too.”

Archer looked ready to interrupt, but decided to stay quiet. “That’ll do.” He finally said. “Detective, please describe for us the details of this murder.”

“Just call me Lancer.” The blue haired spearman said. “Detective’s cool and all, but my own name is much better-“

“Describe. Crime scene. Witness.” Archer ground his teeth audibly.

“Fine, fine. I was getting to it.” Lancer said. He took a deep breath.

“This is it, Shirou.” Phoenix suddenly said. “Pay close attention. This is where the real battle begins, with the witnesses.”

“Yes, sensei.” Shirou brought up his note pad, ready to write down any important details in Lancer’s testimony.

“The victim, Matou Shinji, was found lying face up on his sister’s bed.” He began. “The cause of death was one stab wound to the forehead. The death was instant.”

“Witness.” Archer interjected. “In the police report I’ve read, it says that Matou Sakura was at the scene of the crime, and was arrested. Did you arrest her yourself?”

“Yeah.” Lancer said sheepishly. “Didn’t like having to tie up a cute girl like that, but an officer’s gotta do what an officer’s gotta do. She was the only one near the crime scene so I cuffed her and brought her to the station.”

“Hm… only one at the crime scene?” The judge seemed to wonder for a moment before coming to a conclusion. “Detective, please testify to the court how you arrived at the crime scene and why you arrested Matou Sakura.”

“Alright, here it goes.” Lancer shuffled around for a second. It occurred to Shirou that this was probably his first time ever testifying in a court.

“We received a call for police at exactly 4:17.” Lancer looked at a few papers that had suddenly appeared in his hands. “The call was, obviously, from the Matou residence, and said that there had been a murder.”

“Since I know how to get to places fast, and I was nearest to the place, I was the first one to arrive at the scene.” Lancer continued. “I got there at precisely 4:20-”

“Hold it!” Shirou found himself saying. “How could you reach the house in 3 minutes? That’s way too fast to be possible!”

“Sorry kid, but I’m definitely the fastest guy in Fuyuki.” Lancer grinned. “Besides, I was close by coincidentally to the crime, so it didn’t take my long to reach it.”

“Indeed. Objection overruled.” The judge said. “We know for a fact that the call to the police was made at 4:17 and that the detective reached the house at 4:20 for sure. Now, detective, continue your testimony.”

Lancer nodded. “Well, I got to the house, and everything looked normal. I entered the house and arrested Matou Sakura once I saw the crime scene.”

“Hold it! Why did you arrest her?” Shirou said. “Surely there were better suspects-“

“Objection!” Archer was the one to interrupt this time. “Have some patience. The detective is about to explain.”

“Objection sustained. The defense will refrain from interrupting the testimony.” The judge frowned. “Don’t for me to penalize you, Mr. Emiya.”

Shirou gulped.

“Relax.” Phoenix whispered. “You’ll get your chance to cross examine him later. For now you just need to listen.”

Shirou nodded nervously, unable to bring himself to say anything.

“Anyway, if you’re done with interruptions…” Lancer smirked. “I’ll continue.”

“I arrested Matou Sakura because I could see no others at the crime scene. The house was completely empty. She was the only one there.” Lancer said.

“Hm… your logic seems sound, but your testimony was a bit on the… short side.” The judge said. “Very well then, defense, you may begin your cross examination.”

“Alright, here’s your chance.” Phoenix said. “You have to find a contradiction in Lancer’s testimony.”

“But it was too short!” Shirou said. “And there’s almost nothing to contradict, it’s solid!”

“Heh.” However, his sensei merely smiled. “That’s where our secret technique comes in. It’s called pressing.”

“Pressing?”

“Yes, pressing.” Phoenix nodded. “You have to press the witness for a more detailed explanation. If they have to answer more questions, they’ll surely slip up and make a mistake. Then you’ll be able to spot the contradictions in their testimonies. In essence, if there are no contradictions, you must create them. Try it now.”

“Alright, I’ll do my best.” Shirou took a deep breath, and tried to remember if there had been anything off about Lancer’s testimony. Suddenly, a thought ran through his mind. What if…

"...Press, on."

“Witness.” He begain. “Who was the person… who called the police?” He asked. “Because it seems to me that you said there was no one in the house other than Matou Sakura, but if someone called the police from her house, they would have had to been there at that time!” He smiled. There, this’ll at least get me a name-

“Eh? The girl called herself.” Lancer’s quick answer instantly killed Shirou’s budding hope of another suspect. “She was pretty messed up, too. I think she was crying as she asked us to come quick.” He scratched his head idly.

“W-what?” Shirou was taken aback. “S-she called you? Are you sure it wasn’t someone else-“

“Objection!” Archer yelled. “Your Honour, the defense is leading the witness!” His steely eyes bored into Shirou’s own.

“Hm… indeed, that question is very close to a leading question.” The judge rumbled. “Defense, tread carefully, or you will be penalized.”

“Urk-… sorry, Your Honour.” Shirou said.

“Anyway, I’m definitely sure she was the one who called.” Lancer said. “Hell, she even admitted to being the one who called the police, so it doesn’t matter anyway.”

“But that does matter!” Shirou blinked in surprise at his own voice. Did it really matter?

Yes, it did!

“We have proof that Matou Sakura called the police at 4:17 PM on the day her brother was murdered.” He began. “But… why would she call the police if she was the murderer?!” He asked. “If Sakura had been the murderer, what good would it have done her to call the police to her own crime?!”

Lancer visibly recoiled. “Well… uh… when you put it that way…”

“Hm… the defence has a point.” The judge said. “Indeed, this does place suspicion on why Matou Sakura is a suspect-“

The entire courtroom went silent.

All the eyes had turned to Archer, as he stood smirking in his spot.

“The prosecution thinks that the defence’s argument… is worthless!” He lowered his hand, and when he had raised it, a thick bundle of papers rested on top of it. “Your Honour, take a look at these!” He tossed the thick stack upwards, and it landed perfectly on the judge’s desk.

The old man blinked. “Mr. Archer, what are these papers?”

“Your Honour, these are all court summaries of trials that resulted in guilty verdicts.” Archer explained. “Read through them. I’m sure you’ll recognize several as high profile cases.”

The judge flipped a few pages, and his eyes widened. “Indeed, I do recognize several of these cases. I’ve even been to a few of them personally. But what does this have to do with the defence’s argument?” He asked, confused.

Archer shook his head slowly. “So you don’t understand, just like our novice defence attorney.” He shot a mocking smirk towards Shirou, who was still paralyzed by the sudden objection. "In that case, please allow me to explain."

“All of these cases…” Archer began.

“…Involve culprits who called the police to their own crimes!” He delivered the crushing blow mercilessly, shattering any hope of Shirou’s argument passing.

“The defendant’s plea is on the grounds that a criminal would not call the police if she would be arrested, but I’ve just proved to you that his logic is worthless! All these criminals thought they could outsmart the police and the courts.” He explained ruthlessly. “And all of them failed! In fact, if you look closely, you’ll see that a great many of these people were sent to jail by me! I’ve seen that same tactic hundreds of times, rookie! Don’t think such a flimsy justification will work on me!”

Shirou stumbled backwards. It felt as if he’d been stabbed through the chest with a sword. Was this… what being wrong felt like? “Th-that… is…” He stumbled over his words, unable to find anything to say.

No, of course he couldn’t say anything. After all, Archer was right.

The judge blinked in surprise. “I’m afraid I’m going to have to sustain the prosecution’s objection. The fact that Matou Sakura was the one to call the police will have no bearing on her verdict. But Mr. Archer, I must say, it is remarkable that you have this evidence here. Did you prepare it specifically to counter such an argument?”

“Of course, Your Honour.” Archer replied. “You could say I know how the inexperienced defense attorneys think. I knew that my particular opponent would use this tactic. I have already interviewed the good Detective about his arrival, and when he mentioned that the defendant called the police I knew that the defense would jump on top of that piece of information.” He looked at Shirou again, and the young attorney saw nothing but confidence in the man’s eyes. “In fact, you could say that I’ve already prepared a counter to every single piece of evidence and every single argument this boy will bring to the court!”

“An… interesting explanation.” The judge finally broke the long silence following Archer’s rant. “Defence, you may continue your cross examination.”

Shirou blinked. “Ah, r-right.” He made his hands into fists and squeezed as hard as he could, giving himself a mental pep talk. It’s alright. I can win this. Archer must have been bluffing. Even if he refutes me once, I only have to find a single contradiction to blow this case open! His reassurance seemed to do the trick, and he instantly found another place to press.

“Detective.” He began, slower than last time. He concentrated on finding the right words to his question. “When you first saw Matou Sakura… where was she, exactly, and in what condition did you find her?”

“Objection!” Archer seemed to have finally had enough. “The condition of the defendant has no relevance to whether or not she has committed this crime!”

“Yes, the prosecution has a point.” The judge nodded. He looked over to Shirou. “Defence, are you sure this is important? I will allow you to press further, but if this turns out to be a dead end I’m afraid I’ll have to penalize you.”

Shirou nodded. “I understand, Your Honour. And I… do feel that this is something the detective should elaborate on.”

“Very well. Witness, please explain further.”

Lancer scrunched up his eyebrows as he tried to remember. “Well… I first met her when she let me into the house. She then quickly walked me to her room and showed me the corpse. She looked a mess. Her hands were all bloody, and she was tearing up…” His face suddenly lit up. “Wait, I think I got a photo of it…” He took out a small sack from somewhere in his coat.

“Here we go…” He extracted what appeared to be a high power camera and a set of photographs. “I’ve been taking up photography as a hobby recently.” He explained when confronted by identical odd looks from both Archer and Shirou. “Girls love a guy who’s got many talents, after all.” He looked through the handful of photos and extracted one. “Here, this is a photo of the defendant as she answered the door.”

The picture was of a surprised Sakura as she opened the door. Of course anyone would’ve been surprised to see a police officer photographing them. Just like Lancer’s description had said, her clothes were rumpled, tear trails were visible on her cheeks, and her hands were both covered in blood.

“I’ve got a few others, too.” Lancer said. He held up the remainder of the photographs. Each only depicted a part of the house. “I took these on the way up, but I didn’t really see anything interesting in any of them so I didn’t bother to submit them as evidence.”

Indeed, the photos contained nothing interesting. No blood or suspicious items. The most unusual thing in the picture was a phone hanging off its cradle.

“Could you do so now?” Shirou asked. “They are important pieces of evidence.”

“Indeed, next time you decide to go on a… photographing spree.” The judge let out a small chuckle. “Please give us all of the evidence you have, no matter how useless it may be.”

“Feh, it’s useless evidence.” Archer huffed.

“Th-that remains to be seen, Mr. Archer.” Shirou cut in. But in reality, he was quaking inside. This was it. He had no more things to ask. How could he secure a path to victory?

“It seems the defense is done with its cross examination.” The judge said. “Very well then. In light of the nonexistent evidence against Matou Sakura being the culprit, I am prepared to announce a verdict.

Shirou clenched his fists. No! NO! This can’t be it. There has to be something… something I can grasp…

“Shirou, look at your evidence!” Phoenix frantically hissed. “You can’t crash now! It’s only the beginning! You’ve got to find something!”

“I… haven’t got any evidence…” Shirou said. “Nothing…”

“I hereby pronounce the defendant, Matou Sakura…”

“Nothing… nothing… there’s nothing there. Why isn’t anything… there?” Shirou blinked. Wait. Nothing there? But that doesn’t make sense! There has to be! Lancer’s testimony said so!

“GUILT-“

Once more the entire courtroom was silenced. Even the judge’s verdict was cut short as Emiya Shirou’s booming voice cut off any activity.

Archer narrowed his eyes, and Lancer grinned. Phoenix just nodded.

The judge peered over his seat at Shirou. “Attorney, do you have anything to say? I am in the middle of something, and I’d appreciate it if you could wait until after the verdict to announce anything-“

“I’m sorry Your Honour, but I have proof that Matou Sakura could not be the culprit in this case!” Shirou yelled. “In fact, the evidence to prove such a thing is in this very coutroom!”

The judge was taken aback. “Um… very well… uh… but if this does not prove your claims I will be forced to… um… penalize you buy declaring Matou Sakura guilty!” The judge finally said. “Hurry up, then!”

“Your Honour…” Shirou began. “Earlier in the case, in fact, just a few minutes ago, Detective Lancer showed us some photographs of the house in the midst of the crime. In fact, these photos were taken just after the crime itself, correct?”

He looked to Lancer, who nodded. “Aye, took ‘em at the same time I arrested the girl.”

“Then, we can safely say that no matter what, this is the full, unhampered crime scene.” Shirou continued. “And using these ‘useless’ photos, I can prove to you that there is a contradiction in Lancer’s testimony!” He finished.

The judge blinked in surprise once more. “This is a very serious accusation, Mr. Emiya. But very well, please show us your evidence.”

“Hah! He’s bluffing!” Archer said. “There’s nothing in those pictures, nothing! I’ve seen them myself and even I couldn’t find anything in them!”

“That’s because you overlooked the obvious!” Shirou countered. “I specifically present to you this photograph as evidence of the contradiction!”
    He pushed forward a photo of the living room, which Lancer had passed by in a hurry to Sakura’s room. It looked perfectly ordinary, without a spot of blood anywhere.

“This is the evidence that proves the contradiction!” Shirou said, punctuating his presentation by smacking both of his palms into the wooden divider audibly.

The judge was the first to break the silence. “Um… I don’t see anything in that picture, Mr. Emiya.”

“That’s because there isn’t anything there.” Archer snorted. “Precisely why I didn’t even bother with this one. Your Honour, the defense is obviously out of his mind. Perhaps the strain of his first trial being a failure is too much for him?”

“Wrong!” Shirou continued, not even paying attention to Archer’s snide comment. “Let me draw your attention to one small detail in this picture!” He pointed towards the corner of the photograph. “Note that there is a corded phone there! And it’s hanging off of its balance!” He triumphantly said. “That is proof! Proof of the contradiction!”

Once more, the entire court was silenced, before Archer finally lost all of his patience and slammed his fists against the table.

“Are you mad?!” He yelled. “That’s it? That’s your evidence? What is that supposed to mean?”

“I’ll explain in a moment.” Shirou said. “With Detective Lancer’s help!”

“Eh, me?” Lancer blinked. “I thought I’d just be here watching you point out the contradictions in my testimony or something.”

“All I want you to do is clarify something for me.” Shirou said slowly. He pointed once more to the picture. “Is there any significance to this telephone?”

“Eh, significance?” Lancer scratched his head. “Well, not that I can remember…”

“Try and go back, Lancer!” Shirou continued pressing. “Is there anything at all important about this phone? Did it play any role that day that you came here? Anything?”

“…” Lancer was deep in thought, when his face finally brightened up. “Yeah, actually, it was the same phone that girl used to call us. I remember because she never actually hung up when she called us. She just mentioned something about going to check on her brother to see if she could save him and then there was no more. I even asked her about it later and she said she was in a hurry because she wanted to check if that brother of hers was still alive.”

Archer’s eyes suddenly widened. He looked at Shirou for the first time with an ounce of respect in his eyes. “No…” He breathed. “No way…”

“Thank you, Lancer!” Shirou said triumphantly. “You’ve just provided me with enough evidence to blow open this case and save an innocent girl! Now then, I’ll need once last thing from you. I’ll ask you one more time, what was Sakura’s condition like when you saw her?”

“Like I said earlier, bloody hands, tears, kinda shaky.” Lancer replied. “But what does that have to do with anything?” He asked.

“Yes, I would like to know as well.” The judge said. “I don’t quite understand the significance of this phone of yours.”

“It’s a very easy thing to miss, Your Honour.” Shirou said. “Indeed, the reason I waited until so late to interrupt your verdict was because it took me that long just to find the contradiction. But believe me, I’m about to make it obvious why this is a problem. I would like to submit another piece of evidence alongside this one to show a contradiction.”

He slid forward another photograph, this one the surprised face of Sakura as Lancer had snapped the photo of her.

“When you look at them separately there is no problem, but once you put them together you see the contradiction.” Shirou explained.

“…I still don’t understand, Mr. Emiya.” The judge frowned. “Could you please explain some more?”

Shirou sighed. “Of course, Your Honour. During Lancer’s testimony he mentioned that these two photographs were taken at the same time. His testimony also stated that Sakura’s condition was as shown on this picture and that she used this very phone to call the police.” He continued. “By themselves these pieces of information are perfectly valid, but when put together there is a glaring contradiction!”

The judge found himself nodding along with Shirou’s explanation. “But… I don’t see the connection.” He frowned. “Please, get to the point, Mr. Emiya.”

Shirou nodded. “Yes, sir.” He pointed to two places on both of the photographs at the same time. “These two pieces of evidence together form an easily visible contradiction! Even you should be able to see it now, Your Honour!”

The judge nodded. “Yes, indeed, it is…”

Shirou wound up and fully extended his finger like a brilliant sword of justice, pointing directly at his opponent with the intent to kill!

“If that is the phone that Sakura used to call the police, and she had freshly spilt blood on her hands, then the fact that this phone has no bloodstains on it is a clear contradiction!”

“Objection!” Archer protested weakly. “That proves nothing!”

“Wrong!” Shirou said. “It proves that prior to the phone call at 4:17, Matou Sakura did not have blood on her hands! So in the time between Lancer’s arrival and her phone call she somehow bloodied her hands!”

“She could have done that by killing the victim!” Archer said. “He could have been alive when she was calling-“

“Impossible! The autopsy I have here proves it!” Shirou threw down another piece of evidence, the autopsy Lancer had given him. “This autopsy says that the murder occurred at 4:15! That was before the phone call!”

“Tch. Damn spearman, you just don’t know how to keep your mouth shut. No one asked you to hand out free evidence…” Archer growled under his breath. He raised his voice once more. “She could have washed her hands!” He finally said. “This is easily explainable. Matou Sakura washed her bloody hands after killing Matou Shinji, then called, and then bloodied them once more afterwards!”

“Your logic is flimsy and you know it, Archer!” Shirou didn’t let up. “Sure it’s possible to call the police to detract suspicion, but there’s no way she could have done something like that in such a short time!”

“Enough!”

This time the one to silence the court was the judge himself. He had emphasized his booming order with a hard smash of his gavel.

He looked into both Archer’s and Shirou’s eyes. “There will be no arguments in this court. Prosecution, the defense’s argument is sound, and your logic too flimsy. While this does not prove Matou Sakura innocent, it certainly raises some suspicion.”

He gave Shirou a hard look. “Very well then. I shall suspend my verdict for now. But beware that you are treading on thin ice, Mr. Emiya.”

He looked at Archer. “And you… while it is possible for what you said to be true, I find it highly unlikely, unless this murder was planned, for the defendant to have come up with such a complex strategy in such a short time frame. Still, I will give you the benefit of the doubt.”

“We need more information before I can announce my verdict.” He finally decided. “Prosecution, you may call another witness.”

Archer narrowed his eyes, but took a deep breath to calm down. It took a few seconds for his trademark smirk to return. “Thank you, You Honour. Of course, I’ve prepared another witness.”

“Another one?” Shirou almost collapsed. “I barely survived one witness, and now he’s calling another one?”

“Keep calm, Shirou.” Phoenix said, still next to his student. “You did good here. That bit of logic was impressive, and while it may not look it, I’m sure Archer’s hurting from it. I’m not sure I would’ve been able to figure something like that out at your age, to be honest. But now you just have to hold on. This next witness could be what we need to do some solid damage to Archer’s offense.”

“Detective Lancer, thank you for your testimony.” The judge rumbled. “You may leave now.”

“Yeah, glad to help.” The spearman was still grinning as he passed by Shirou on the way out. “Hey kid, nice work there. I didn’t even catch that myself.” He said. “And remember, when going against this insufferable prick over here, you’ve got to go on the offensive. Bring in something that even he can’t control. He may look like he’s got all the evidence, but even he isn’t perfect.” He exited the courtroom with a wave, leaving an Archer shaking with barely suppressed rage and a once more hopeful defense attorney.

“Prosecution, who will your next witness be?” The judge finally asked.

“I’m sure you’ll know her very well, Your Honour.” Archer recovered almost instantly. “I call up…”

“The defendant. Matou Sakura!”

--------------------------------------

So, yeah, sorry about not updating for a while, but I was too busy playing Katawa Shoujo these past few days to get any work done.

And I've decided not to put in many BGMs for now, partly because I suck at them, and partly because I feel that many of you are good at finding your own.

And note that the beginning of this chapter was inspired by a very iconic and well known fanfiction that many of you have read. If you spot it, you get a cookie! (Imaginary, of course.)
    Last edited by Bloble; January 7th, 2012 at 06:22 PM.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    UPDATE~
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    This needs background music.

...Press, on.
    Dude. I don't know whether to hit you or laugh.
    Last edited by Kyte; January 7th, 2012 at 06:38 PM.

Blog Entries
    PROCEED
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    "...Press, on."
    You are a genius.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    That was good, Bloble. As always.

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Yeesh you weren't kidding when you said Shirou was playing in hard mode huh?
    And yet he hasn't lost yet...
    Spoiler:
    As a general rule I hold no opinions that I have not been paid to hold.
    I am now a beta, so if you need help with a story feel free to ask.

Words of wisdom from ItsaRandomUsername:
    "Pssh, with proper writing almost anything can be logical. If it can work believably, then there's no reason why it shouldn't.
    Please note the keywords: "proper" and "almost". Bad storytelling mixed with nonsensical couplings are the drunk-driving of literature."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiam View Post
    Nothing helps you mature more than a little murder, especially in the Nasuverse.
    We are Beast's Lair!
    Derailer among derailers!
    Look upon the continuity of thy threads ye mighty, and DESPAIR!

Shirou is taking after his teacher wait does this mean Phoenix dies?

Quote Originally Posted by reborn214 View Post
    Shirou is taking after his teacher wait does this mean Phoenix dies?
    He'll be reborn.

*rimshot*

Heroic Spirit Phoenix Wright? His soul get's trapped by Ilya? Or is she absorbed by Sakura?
    Loathing this unclean world
    Seeking rebirth in the Pure Land
    Please offer cherry blossoms to my deceased body
    If someone is willing to mourn my death