Page 393 of 417 FirstFirst ... 293343383388391392393394395398403 ... LastLast
Results 7,841 to 7,860 of 8338

Thread: Fate/Prototype

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    That's really not hard to read, it even has line breaks and paragraphs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
    Hi guys,
    The official drama cd website has just released the track list for Drama CD 3, so here it is.

Spoiler:

【Drama CDs List】
    Disc1
    1.朝靄に囀る- Singing in the Morning Mist
    2.鉄馬を駆って – Driving the Iron Horse
    3.奥多摩山中Ⅰ- Inside Mt. Okutama I
    4.奥多摩山中Ⅱ- Inside Mt. Okutama II
    5.邂逅Ⅳ- Chance Meeting IV
    6.ガーデン - Garden
    7.降りしきる雨Ⅰ- Pouring Rain I
    8.狂獣と騎士 – Mad Beast and the Knight
    9.回転Ⅰ- Revolution I
    10.回転Ⅱ- Revolution II

Disc2
    11.愛し子 – Beloved Child
    12.蜘蛛の罠Ⅰ- Spider's Trap I
    13.蜘蛛の罠Ⅱ- Spider's Trap II
    14.密やかなる罪の遊戯 - The Secret Game of Sin
    15.蜘蛛の罠Ⅲ- Spider's Trap III
    16.ファースト・キス – First Kiss
    17.夜空に吼える – Howling at the Night Sky
    18.髑髏の仮面Ⅲ- Skull Mask III
    19.落ちる雫 – Falling Drops
    20.チク・タクⅢ – Tick Tock III

【Soundtrack List】
    1.Tragedy
    2.TBZRAI
    3.Innocent
    4.Abrupt Battle
    5.Chain
    6.Castle (Pf.Solo)
    7.GARDEN
    8.Metempsychosis
    9.Hokorobi
    10.Nostalgia
    11.renew
    12.Volatile emotions
    13.1 to 1 Struggle
    14.Knight of Sky Silver (Pf.Trio)

It looks like this Drama CD will end with the defeat of Berserker, which means Drama CD 4 will focus on the Battle on top of Tokyo Bay and maybe Lancer's Defeat.
    Oh yeah I should pre-order this.

Quote Originally Posted by violetarcher View Post

I don't know. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, because "Saber is reluctantly willing to sacrifice innocents if he gets his wish" is just not something I've seen mentioned in regards to his character and that's kind of a big thing! But even though he clearly is shown trying to protect people throughout Fragments, there also seems to be this constrasting thread of him being unhappily willing to sacrifice innocents for his wish and it's confusing me.
    I think the reason why Arthur realized that his wish to save the present is more important than the past is because he understood that Grail is corrupted and his wish maybe twisted even if it is granted. He didn’t take the sacrifices to make that wish come true in account of course, he was hoping to achieve the grail cleanly but that’s not how it goes. You can say it he’s contradicting his own sense of justice for saving the present instead of the past because killing innocent is morally wrong no what he does, however, keep in mind here is that the past of Camelot is predetermined to collapse and become a myth, something that is supposed to naturally happen, while the future is forcibly changeable by Arthur’s will. He’s no different than the invaders who colonized his homeland if he had made the wish. There’s also the political problem with the wish itself, but that has nothing to do with the canon story so I’ll move on.

All in all, evil incarnate is happening in Tokyo and he gotta slain that shit. No one want demonic little girl riding a slimy flesh monster stalking them all the way back in Camelot.

Manaka evil edgelord persona is akin to Kirei tbh. I mean comparatively that prototype is the predecessor of Fate route. Kirei was just as cartoony villain, but thanks to the other two routes his background has weights that justify his deeds. Manaka has… well, an extra novel that wank her. Maybe it’s just Sakurai’s obsession with gary stue and powerful little girls, but hey find out in prototype where they might talk about the mom. To be fair I think other character have their share of problems too, and Nasu’s set-up for prototype is very loose and it doesn’t leave that much room to explore. I can't help but feel like Sakurai only wrote the prototype characters by Nasu's script, instead of improving.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    the one who will get most wank is Ayaka eventually.

if people says joke is the deepest lore go listen to old prototype drama cd, it's about murder case parody.

Depend if she have anything waifu worthy to be wanked for i'd say, or she'll be like sieg. Her character development is quite linear as of now, so idk about further character exploration unless Nasu improvised. Manaka at least have tropes that caters to some fans. Ayaka's best bet is having Hanakana.

There was an update on what the short stories of the Drama CD 3 will be about
    ・『厨房にて』
    聖杯戦争七日目、「お父さまのお役に立ちたい」と玲瓏館美沙夜は手伝いを願い出る。

・『工房にて』
    キャスターは、魔術の師として生きた日々のことを振り返る――
    First one about Misaya and her father in the kitchen and second one about Para's life as a short hair bishie teacher

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Noice.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

US Friend Code
    Wow Para looks so different even if what we see isn’t a lot
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Para is a Hufflepuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    There was an update on what the short stories of the Drama CD 3 will be about
    ・『厨房にて』
    聖杯戦争七日目、「お父さまのお役に立ちたい」と玲瓏館美沙夜は手伝いを願い出る。

・『工房にて』
    キャスターは、魔術の師として生きた日々のことを振り返る――
    First one about Misaya and her father in the kitchen and second one about Para's life as a short hair bishie teacher
    Will we finally see what Misaya's father looks like.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle PhoenixRising's Avatar
    Hi guys,

Part One of the completed translation of Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver - Arc 2: Best Friend Arc - Act 1 is now up on the translation forums.
    Part Two will be added tomorrow.

Doctor P interlude incoming. Wonder if this is Nakahara request or Sakurai, Serenity get a long hair, who's next?

Quote Originally Posted by SmartCable View Post
    Doctor P interlude incoming. Wonder if this is Nakahara request or Sakurai, Serenity get a long hair, who's next?
    Oh, Nakahara actually make that fanart some time ago

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Oh, Nakahara actually make that fanart some time ago
    <3 <3 <3

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle PhoenixRising's Avatar
    Hi guys,
    As promised, Part Two of the completed translation of Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver - Arc 2: Best Friend Arc - Act 1 is now up in the translation forums.

https://twitter.com/Fate_Pt_Sougin/s...001548289?s=19

The fourth disc will be release on February 27th 2019. Official schedule unless inconvenience demand a date change.

Is this the last, or will there be more later on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

There will be 5 CDs
    Also, volume 4 will be about the Battle at Tokyo Bay

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by violetarcher View Post
    So, I just finished reading the translation of Prototype Fragments and yeeeesh, Manaka is such an infuriatingly awful black hole of a character.

Actually, I can't even call her a character. She's a plot device, an obstacle for the good characters to overcome. She has no depth, no interesting quirks or bends in her character, she sure as hell doesn't have any possibility of growth or change, and her entire character can be summed up as "She's in love and that makes her evil."

And why is she in love with Saber? Because she tells herself she falls in love with him. No reason beyond "I have to be in love with him because I said so."

Why does love make someone who was described pre-Grail War as essentially a bored emotionless zombie evil? Apparently, it's because "lol, the plot demands it, don't think too hard about it."

I could understand if it was framed as "love makes her evil because she's lashing out at the other Masters and Servants for daring to oppose her perfect prince" buuuuut...there's nothing in the novels that suggests that, unless there's something more in the parts that haven't been fully translated yet. Also, we're told how she sees every other person in the world besides Saber as things "that don't matter" and basically less than nothing. You don't get vengefully mad at objects. The one exception was Ayaka and we're not only told that Manaka had no idea she was acting out of jealousy, she obviously knew that Ayaka would be competition for Saber.

Speaking of which, are we honestly supposed to take the narrative at face value when it keeps reiterating over and over about how completely lacking in malice Manaka is? Lol, is Sakurai fucking kidding? In her very first scene with Saber she's talking about going after the other Masters's children in order to strike at them most effectively! You don't suggest that kind of thing unless you have a very good idea of what cruelty and malice is, but according to the narrative she's tot-ta-lly pure and malice-free...

Almost everything she does is malicious and cruel, and not even an unthinking kind of cruelty (which would be vaguely plausible) but a deliberate targeted cruelty that's evil in the extreme. Saber thinks to himself that even Morgan would blanch at Manaka's cruelty. But we keep getting told over and over that she's completely lacking in malice! That there's no malice in her eyes or her smile! In the scene where she kidnaps Ayaka in order to feed her to the Beast, it even says that for the first time her "pure mind" felt the black drops of jealousy. But she had no idea what it was or that she was even acting out of jealousy!

Lol, I don't think so. She's literally omniscient and obviously knows exactly how to strike at people for maximum cruelty and damage. You can't do that if you don't understand emotion.

Continuing on the subject of shit that doesn't really make sense, IMO it makes NO damn sense what-so-ever that Little Miss Omnipotence would bother fighting the Grail War normally, instead of simply waving her ~beautiful fairy-like hands~ and killing all the Masters and Servants without the bother of fighting.

If she's omnipotent, powerful enough to "create life if she wanted life" and "let death run rampant if she wished for death" and powerful enough to have easily granted Saber's wish if it wasn't for that pesky Human Foundation, then it stands to reason that she could have killed all of the Masters and Servants herself, then move directly to the "kill girls, awaken Beast" part of her plan. And it seems that that was her plan originally, as she's constantly worried about Saber getting hurt, and the drama CD even expanded the scene of her fighting with her father about sending Saber out, where she said that she would take care of everything herself. So, what stopped her, her father? But given how she is, it doesn't make sense that she'd care at all about what her father thought. I could see her backing down because Saber wanted to fight, but...that's apparently not what happened and I have a really hard time seeing her truly giving a shit about what Saber wanted if she genuinely thought it would conflict too much with her own plans.

Plus, it's pretty clear that Manaka is looking forward to an eternity as Saber's queen in their eternal, perfect kingdom and her putting that off just to let him get his fight on when she probably could have ended the Grail War in a day doesn't make sense with how her character is presented.

I could buy her wanting to fight the Grail War because it was the first time in her life that she didn't know what was going to happen next and she got caught up in the novelty of it, but as far I as I can tell, there's nothing in the narrative that says so (again, unless there's something in the chapters that haven't been fully translated yet) and it doesn't square with her anxiety over Saber being hurt and not wanting him to fight due to that. And given that her way of fighting the Grail War is essentially "lol, I'm just going to steamroll everyone and win everything effortlessly because I'm the powerful perfect ~Princess of the Root~" how is that any different from her life prior to the Grail War, where she was basically a zombie because she was so bored with the world because she could do and know everything? Even if she doesn't know what's going to happen minute-by-minute, if she can just no-sell everything the other Masters and Servants can send at her, there's no real difference then if she just killed them from the start.

The whole plot of Fragments just really comes off as a case of "everything is happening because the story says so, even though it doesn't make sense on a logical or characterization basis". Obviously Sakurai was hamstrung because the original idea behind Fragments had been thought of years before she worked for Type Moon. But even when Prototype was initially created, Takeuchi and Nasu really should have sat down and asked themselves why an omnipotent girl would bother fighting a normal Grail War. It's not like Nasu to be so overtly sloppy with plot and character motives.

Aside from the hideous black hole called Manaka, my other big issue was Paracelsus. I do think that Sakurai did a good job with his post-betrayal characterization, with his constant regrets, his failed attempts to go completely evil out of self-loathing, and his constant "Are you, the holy knight of justice going to chop off my head? Come on Saber, chop off my head, pretty please, WHY AREN'T YOU CHOPPING OFF MY HEAD GODDAMNIT?"

The problem I have is why he even betrayed Lord Reirouken in the first place. It's emphasized that he was unusually kind for a mage, was known to go against traditional mage culture for his own beliefs to the point where he was executed for it, etc., etc. Yet, when he meets Princess Root, he completely abandons everything he ever stood for in about two seconds because "OMG ROOT". Yeah, I know mages obsess over the Root, blah, blah. I still find it a pretty weak reed to hang his betrayal on. Given the way Paracelsus spent the rest of Fragments crying and regretting and hating himself, it seems he did too. Maybe it's a weakness in the setting itself, but it didn't ring true for me.

Also, even though Paracelsus said he was the one who put the death curse on Misaya, it was really Manaka wasn't it? He just gave her the opportunity to do it via the radio? I know he says that he did, but that could easily be his guilt and regret talking, and that weird dream sequence with Manaka and Misaya makes no sense otherwise. Plus, in the original Prototype materials, the name of the person who actually cursed Misaya was censored, and I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be a big reveal that it was actually Manaka who did it, since Ayaka had no idea about her sister being so evil and I doubt Paracelsus was even a gleam in Nasu's eyes at that point.

I do hope that if they ever do more with Prototype itself that Misaya gets a better ending than in the original story idea, where she just turns into a zombie and dies halfway through. The whole storyline between her and Paracelsus was obviously not part of the original Prototype and if he's coming back as a blackened Servant, I'm hoping that she'll confront him and get closure somehow.

Also, can someone explain this:

Caster: “You should be glad, Saber. There is only one Servant remaining that could oppose us. Lady Manaka is starting the preparations for the Great Grail that’s underground. Your wish is now close at hand, as the lives of many people living in the Far East, who’re not familiar with us Heroic Spirits that have achieved manifestation in the present day world in order to kill each other are being offered.”

Did Caster just outright tell Saber that a bunch of innocent people were about to be sacrificed for him and Saber didn't react at all.

Because...that's totally unlike how Saber is usually characterized. Manaka tried to hide the mass sacrifice from him because she knew he would absolutely not accept it, but here's Caster baldly stating "innocent people are going to die for your wish" and he does nothing. He doesn't react to it. And normally I'd wonder if that sentence was just not translated correctly (no offense, but a lot of scenes are just not coherent and it's very difficult to follow what the hell is happening) but there's other scenes with Saber seemingly...not exactly being indifferent, but with him being much more concerned with his fallen kingdom than with the current residents of Tokyo? Scenes where he seems to be thinking that there'll be sacrifices for the Grail but if it saves Britain he'll unhappily accept it? I mean Arash's dying statement to him about "hey, you know the people now are the same as the people we loved and tried to protect in the past" doesn't make much sense without Saber not valuing the present day citizens of Tokyo as much his former people. The theme of "valuing the people in the present vs. valuing the people in the past" is emphasized constantly. There's the flashback scene with Lucius Tiberius with Saber reproaching him about seeing innocent people as his to do with as he pleases. Saber finally putting 2+2 together after meeting Ayaka and realizing that the people of today are the love of the people of the past carried forward, therefore he should let go of Britain is clearly supposed to be the huge turning point for his character. I mean, he outright calls her his "savior". Which only makes sense if he was willing in some regard to sacrifice innocents for his wish.

I don't know. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, because "Saber is reluctantly willing to sacrifice innocents if he gets his wish" is just not something I've seen mentioned in regards to his character and that's kind of a big thing! But even though he clearly is shown trying to protect people throughout Fragments, there also seems to be this constrasting thread of him being unhappily willing to sacrifice innocents for his wish and it's confusing me.

In closing, Jekyll and Tatsumi are precious, so is small Ayaka, Arash is awesome, so is Elsa and I hope she returns in regular Prototype, when are Moses and Nefertari going to be added to FGO so Ozy can become even more Best Husband and Best Friend and is it just me or did the Sword Emperor get a surprisingly large focus for a flashback character, also he's cute and FGO when?
    Holy shit that was a long read. Kind of funny as well though, I find it amusing how people tend to hate and love Manaka for pretty much the same reasons

Hmm heah, young Paracelsus should have been his default look if not old man.

Also I don't know who's doing the soundtrack but they've been getting better and better with each CD. Third soundtrack is definitely the best.

And it is simultaneously hilarious and horrifying to hear Hyde getting fucked up by all the other servants.