Page 395 of 417 FirstFirst ... 295345385390393394395396397400405 ... LastLast
Results 7,881 to 7,900 of 8338

Thread: Fate/Prototype

thats true but like i said sakurai already admitted awhile ago that she had to figure out manaka on her own, working with what little was there everything about manaka in fragments is based on how sakurai views her.

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuna View Post
    just like nasu did with higashide when he wrote apocrypha.
    You might want to fact check this statement a bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

I do think Sakurai does have the authorship over Nasu's prototype world, after all, Nasu doesn't even seem to yield refusal toward Narita's adaptation of Fate. Moreover, Manaka's in Labyrinth is a Sakurai's idolization of her in one novel. Sakurai really love her and embrace her in her own way, labyrinth seems to prove that. You can tell the enthusiasm she poured into Manaka, however; I also believe she doesn't allow herself to improvise any of the non fragment prototype characters beyond Nasu's general description of them. Both Manaka and Arthur in my opinion, are stuck in a trope that stay with them all the way through the end of her story. She wrote a lot of exposition of for Manaka, but I hardly see her shed a single stroke of humanity after her story has ended. I understand that she's an omnipotent being that does not bleed feeling, however, after you have established that she is capable of being as human when she fell in love, then why dont the author expand her development with that potential. She's now instead turns into a one dimensional Beastly EX girlfriend who chase her prince through the 4rth dimension.
    Last edited by SmartCable; October 22nd, 2018 at 04:47 PM.

JP Friend Code
    I'm pretty sure Nasu will recheck everything Sakurai wrote, as the original author and supervisor of the series. Nasu might not go to the same length as rewritting parts of the submitted script like in FGO, but I'm sure some of the Beast stuffs and set up for its full manifestation are Nasu's.

Brynhildr Romantia~ PrimordialRune's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    I'm pretty sure Nasu will recheck everything Sakurai wrote, as the original author and supervisor of the series. Nasu might not go to the same length as rewritting parts of the submitted script like in FGO, but I'm sure some of the Beast stuffs and set up for its full manifestation are Nasu's.
    Yeah, definetly

I'm thinking that maybe Nasu's idea was that, after the populatity that the prototype OVA got, use it as a base for a "reboot" of Old Fate (Not FSN but Old Fate intended as the original idea that aftyer was developed into FSN) was not a bad idea, in fact we see a lot of Prototype references in FGO like the Beasts, Arthur's Trial quest and things like that that seems to relate well the Protoverse to FGO (i'm just wondering why they had not done a collaboration yet, maybe they're waiting to make an event realted to the story like CCC with Beast III/R)
    So maybe Fragments will act like a Prequel to a reboot but may have little differences like Zero and FSN and Proto will be Nasu's next work, but i'm not completely sure about that, in interviews he said that Fragments is Sakurai's own work and she has a lot of freedom in that and also FGO is there, so i think that for a while Nasu will focus on FGO though

I'm just wondering if we have a chanche to see the continuation of Prototype in the future

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimordialRune View Post
    I'm just wondering if we have a chanche to see the continuation of Prototype in the future
    I sure hope so. Fragments is one of my favourite Fate works tbh.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

US Friend Code
    We will definitely see more about Prototype eventually. You don't put a sequel hook like they did at the end of fragments if there was no intention to continue it.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    We will definitely see more about Prototype eventually. You don't put a sequel hook like they did at the end of fragments if there was no intention to continue it.
    *Cough* Mahoyo *cough*

But Seriously, I too hope for a continuation. I can wait, but just a tiny leak of hope is fine too, as long as it show that it has a pulse.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I sure hope so. Fragments is one of my favourite Fate works tbh.
    Same tbh, probably my favourite as far i've read

Also i was quite curious about the identity of Proto Assassin and Proto Caster

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Proto!Caster was still supposed to be Medea, if I'm not mistaken. It seems she was the one who would originally set up the field over the school.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Proto!Caster was still supposed to be Medea, if I'm not mistaken. It seems she was the one who would originally set up the field over the school.
    Yeah, but the strange thing i have read in the wiki was that they said she used a sort of "alien" boundary field, idk if it's referring to Medea's magic (Maybe Circe as Proto Caster? it would be cool!)

Also it was said it has a connection with Perseus but does really Medea have one other than being greek?

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Also it was said it has a connection with Perseus but does really Medea have one other than being greek?
    No, but wasn't Rider in the original draft supposed to be Theseus?

I think I heard that somewhere.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Hopefully Medea gets scrapped as the Proto Caster. I nominate Skadi instead.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Rider was originally supposed to be Perseus in proto proto FSN, but got replaced by Medusa to fulfill the quota of females and because she’s has a connection to Pegasus. That’s the account I heard of.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wasn't it Theseus.

Yeah, but the strange thing i have read in the wiki was that they said she used a sort of "alien" boundary field, idk if it's referring to Medea's magic (Maybe Circe as Proto Caster? it would be cool!)
    It is. She does something similar in Grand Order with her Jasonland amusement park.

US Friend Code
    It is. She does something similar in Grand Order with her Jasonland amusement park.
    Oh, so it’s pretty confirmed that is Medea? So i think the connection with Perseus was just being greek then

I was thinking about Circe or Calipso as Proto Caster but now it seems that Medea would be the one covering that role

Mind, I don't think anyone's ever come out and explicitly say "Yeah, Medea was always going to be the story's Caster", but considering the "alien world" references when talking about both the unnamed Prototype!Caster and discarded plans for Medea, I think it's a safe bet.

US Friend Code
    Mind, I don't think anyone's ever come out and explicitly say "Yeah, Medea was always going to be the story's Caster", but considering the "alien world" references when talking about both the unnamed Prototype!Caster and discarded plans for Medea, I think it's a safe bet.
    Yeah, but the think that made me think she could be not Medea was that we see her in Labyrinth so it could be quite strange they didn't mention anything about that, maybe Medea was the one in Old fate but with Proto they want to change this (?)
    But we can't tell, there are too few infos to assume something i think, but thinking that could be something different from Medea is interesting, but i don't know really well the greek mythology so i can't tell who can possibly substitute her in OG Proto

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Medea isn't Greek, she's Georgian. Her and Perseus are part of the same mythology but not the same ethnicity.

Needless nitpick aside, besides their divine parentage making them distantly related, Medea and Perseus don't really have anything linking them. Greek folk etymology connected the name of two Iranian peoples, the Persian people to Perseus and the Medes to Medea (as in, they thought they were named after them), but that's tenuous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.