Page 408 of 417 FirstFirst ... 308358398403406407408409410413 ... LastLast
Results 8,141 to 8,160 of 8338

Thread: Fate/Prototype

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    people just doesn't understand Sakurai is just continuing Kinoko's dream.

Kinoko's initial plan was VN with Arthur but Boss gender bent Arthur into Artoria. it was a right decision though.

Kinoko trusting Proto verse to Sakurai because she understands Kinoko's shoujo mindset the most.

I hope it continues. I will not be robbed of Cú Chulainn vs Paracelsus Alter.

Don't get stuck on all the hatefull comments, those people just tend to be the loudest on the Internet
    Focus on this: Sakurai keeps writing new Fate content and has improved since she started. All the hate against her comes down to Manaka and Septem, and sometimes London. But if you look past that, Sakurai has actually writen several of the most popular characters, from Arash, Ozy and Arthur to Dantes and Holmes, and popular couples like SigurdxBryn and OzyxNefertari, to name a few, all done by her and I'd say fairly popular on the fandom and with a lot of merch on the selling department (sure, Arthur wasn't design by her but the new content is writen by Sakurai)
    You could say that she does has experience in writing through her previous OC novels, 'What a beautiful' series were her greenlight in the VN industry after all. As for the hates, I think it's mostly west fan who are loud about it, otherwise she got a decent reception in Japan. Her Fragments reviews wasn't such a shinning beacon to Prototype, but people have already look past her flaw ever since the Drama CD. However, with compliment aside, I think Sakurai does better at writing her own OC rather than writing on another author's OC. Dante, Ozy, sigurd, and etc were all great characters, I can feel that she has more freedom to express her creativity on them. Manaka and Arthur on the hand are the opposite, and feel incredibly restricted. I got a feeling that Arthur is becoming more and more like a merchandise rather than an actual character. He's came into FGO with a very generic set of personality, and he improve no insight upon prototype. He was not allowed to talk to Proto Cu, but is allowed to converse with Fragmetn characters. On top of that she did changed Arthur's lines on whiteday to pander the audience, making his development feels incredibly confusing. To be honest, while you are right about her characters are popular, people only like them because they came to FGO, most people in general don't really care prototype until it is delivered to them. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic because of tsukihime delay, but I got a looming feeling that Prototype itself will have a narrative shift for the sake of popularity. Nasu is old and the feeling aren't the same anymore.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShamanWolf View Post
    I got a feeling that Arthur is becoming more and more like a merchandise rather than an actual character.
    So like Arturia then
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

yeah but Artoria's character and development are completely laid out for her, what ever happen in FGO no longer directly affect Stay Night original value and conception. Her persona and legacy in TM is solidified regardless of how much advertisement and endorsement shove upon her. Arthur on the other hand an incomplete character with a bare character growth that has not fully been shown and demonstrated. Prototype is a fragile IP, and I think it land somewhere in muddy water if the writer themselves follow what people care rather what they care. I think you might understand this pretty well, if you do admit that they are the same so it doesnt matter, then by systematic effect they are both flawly written wanks by nature. Also keep in mind that Saber was created and officialized when Nasu was just a simple writer without a thought of her being some mega waifuicon. It's different now, the old fate may have been recognized, but without a solid foundation to its story, it can change anytime for the better or worse depend on much the writer want to please its audience or with an overhauled modern concept. It's akin to 'Death of the Author' the text and the author are two separate concept, once written, it is a story of itself to the reader, however; sometime it's still the author's intention to play god and go back to retcon what he has written by his own ego.
    Last edited by ShamanWolf; February 19th, 2019 at 02:42 AM.

yeah but Artoria's character and development are completely laid out for her, what ever happen in FGO no longer directly affect Stay Night original value and conception. Her persona and legacy in TM is solidified regardless of how much advertisement and endorsement shove upon her. Arthur on the other hand an incomplete character with a bare character growth that has not fully been shown and demonstrated. Prototype is a fragile IP, and I think it land somewhere in muddy water if the writer themselves follow what people care rather what they care. I think you might understand this pretty well, if you do admit that they are the same so it doesnt matter, then by systematic effect they are both flawly written wanks by nature. Also keep in mind that Saber was created and officialized when Nasu was just a simple writer without a thought of her being some mega waifuicon. It's different now, the old fate may have been recognized, but without a solid foundation to its story, it can change anytime for the better or worse depend on much the writer want to please its audience or with an overhauled modern concept. It's akin to 'Death of the Author' the text and the author are two separate concept, once written, it is a story of itself to the reader, however; sometime it's still the author's intention to play god and go back to retcon what he has written by his own ego.
    so what do you want? fire Sakurai and let Kinoko writes Proto?

if you can do that go ahead.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    1. Is there a reason the tags are filled with insults for Sakurai.

2. Honestly I just want to see Arthur's round table in all of this, in order to set then apart, Arthur couldn't have the same internal struggles as Artoria, but with so little info on his life, his rule and what exactly Camelot meant to him I can't compare the external struggles either. It would be nice if the last CD's new scene showed us exactly how different his round table was from the ones we know.

so what do you want? fire Sakurai and let Kinoko writes Proto?
    no no, I think they should both work together and genuinely promote Prototype how they properly meant it for its own sake, not solely for a lucrative business model. I'm not trying to downplay Sakurai's role in prototype, I want her and Nasu to understand and appreciate the reason for prototype's existence. Not as a project they have to do because it is on schedule and just exist for the sake of being there because 'lol an otome fate!,' but rather as a tribute that encircled the Old Fate to Fate Stay Night. I don't dislike Fragment, and I enjoy Sakurai's other shoujo works, her contribution will help Nasu, but I think Prototype is being used as tool to deliver new contents for bigger project rather than genuinely developing an identity for itself.

it's an old meme i guess
    Last edited by ShamanWolf; February 19th, 2019 at 04:08 AM.

not solely for a lucrative business sake.
    Type-Moon is not a doujin circle anymore, they have to make money for the company.

I agree, but I hope they aren't creative bankrupt.
    Business and creativity can be two sides of the same coin. One can supplement the other without sacrificing on another, with that said, prototype don't have to pander, be genuine, and still get the money if done right. Easy said than done, but I think the legacy it leave behind will be honored. Otherwise Nasu wouldn't be telling us he's ending FGO story after part 2 (or is he.) For reassure, I'm glad they're adapting Case Files which half of FGO players probably don't even know it existed.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    no no, I think they should both work together and genuinely promote Prototype how they properly meant it for its own sake, not solely for a lucrative business
    What expectation does Mr. Nasu have for TYPE-MOON's works?

Takeuchi: Nasu has many ideas, and to me they're all "entertainment and service." Great background settings and strong stories, there is no meaning if it can't entertain its audience. Creating work not to satisfy himself, but to satisfy others. However, an author diminishing his or her own personality to please the players is also meaningless. There are also many works where without getting the details, people find the overall work interesting. Seeing the ending of the film version of Neon Genesis Evangelion, most probably didn't really understand it. "What is this and what just happened!?" but it was fun to watch. The atmosphere created by the overall work has already conquered all. I feel this title has similar temperament. Entertainment and service is my own opinion, I really hope it will become a work with elements I never thought of.
    take it as you will
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    tags are the toilet scribbles of BL

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, but I hope they aren't creative bankrupt.
    *looks at fgo*
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Fragments
    ???: “Impudent―――――”

Rider.
    Once someone who subdued the surface.
    He had scrupulously restructured himself not as an ancient raging king, but as a vanguard who especially brings destruction. He will smash the earth together with the black bowman.
    Freely manipulating divine beasts and his divine ship which had likewise turned pitch black like himself, he will smash all creation with the light of his black sun.
    By changing the sparkling sun into a black radiance, instead of illuminating everything, he will engulf everything into darkness.
    To kill the Golden King of Heroes who acts in a manner just like the King of the Surface.
    So is Arthur vs Gilgamesh before or after Ozymandias Alter and Arash Alter go after Gilgamesh?

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype Material
    ARCHER:Tch, Holy Sword User…!!!
    SABER:…CALIBUR…!!!
    Facing defeat, Archer sighed with despair.
    This one strike of the holy sword not only cleaved the Star ofDestruction, but also the arrogant king.
    "Cleaved" seems very final and kinda implies that Gilgamesh is at least severely injured, if not dead. BUT Manaka revives the 1st war servants in the next scene in the Material.

I don't know lol, trying to put the events of Prototype into a chronological order sounds like an easy way to go slowly insane.

Arthur's short story illustration teaser
    Consider me intrigue

When Ayaka takes the staff(?) out, we can see a calendar that shows that it is now March.
    This is an incredible catch! I guess this prove that Prototype's grail war ended somewhere in March, and it start after Valentine given the time frame info in FGO. To match with the calendar date, and assume that Ayaka rescue Arthur from Sancraid during March 1st's night, there should be at least a week left until the final battle with Manaka take place. Remember that Gil told Arthur it's been 7 days since they met so it makes sense with the time frame between the day Ayaka took out her staff and the day she got poisoned by Gil's master.

So is Arthur vs Gilgamesh before or after Ozymandias Alter and Arash Alter go after Gilgamesh?
    according to the Material, Manaka shows up last, not sure about the rest of alter servants. In fragment volume one there is a tidbit where GIl was conversing with Cu about Ozy's temple, Cu still doesn't have his Gae Bolg at that time, so the alter servants do show up before the final battle, or it could be a round 1 round 2 thing.

I'm quite sure that Gil isn't dead, he can survive fatal strike with his special noble phantasm at hand. At least that's how he defeated Berserker's guarantee win NP.
    At the same time, I feel like you could be right because if the alter servants are already defeated prior to the duel, then there's no purpose of leaving Gil lingering in the plot. Allowing the final show down to Ayaka, Arthur against Manaka.

Here's a few interesting insights I found during my search. During the fight between Gil and Arthur everyone was evacuated, not a single soul was around. This could be a doing of a marble phantasm, however, this image here proves that the battle is collapsing to the real world and everyone is witnessing it.
    https://i.imgur.com/90KnAoK.jpg

Another key frame here shows that Gil successfully Flooded the whole city and possibly killed millions. Notice the Water kanji and the battered up Ayaka who probably tried to carry Arthur all the way to the roof all by herself.
    https://i.imgur.com/jCy9MrT.jpg

The question here is who cast away the civilians during the duel? If Gil's flood did killed everyone, my guess here is that Manaka took the opportunity to consume the poor souls who were washed away and resurrect herself, after all, she can see the future.
    Last edited by SmartCable; February 21st, 2019 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Arthur's short story illustration teaser
    Consider me intrigue
    Is that eyeless Arthur.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Is that eyeless Arthur.
    Omfg it's coming! I can't wait.

Well, based on the collared fur on the neck, I personally can tell it's him :>
    Last edited by truffledboba; February 21st, 2019 at 05:01 AM.

US Friend Code
    281, 947, 302
    no no, I think they should both work together and genuinely promote Prototype how they properly meant it for its own sake, not solely for a lucrative business model. I'm not trying to downplay Sakurai's role in prototype, I want her and Nasu to understand and appreciate the reason for prototype's existence. Not as a project they have to do because it is on schedule and just exist for the sake of being there because 'lol an otome fate!,' but rather as a tribute that encircled the Old Fate to Fate Stay Night. I don't dislike Fragment, and I enjoy Sakurai's other shoujo works, her contribution will help Nasu, but I think Prototype is being used as tool to deliver new contents for bigger project rather than genuinely developing an identity for itself.

it's an old meme i guess
    Honestly I agree with you. I'm really hoping this series actually has some creative story merit to it, instead of just being used soley for a cash cow.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartCable View Post
    Here's a few interesting insights I found during my search. During the fight between Gil and Arthur everyone was evacuated, not a single soul was around. This could be a doing of a marble phantasm, however, this image here proves that the battle is collapsing to the real world and everyone is witnessing it.
    https://i.imgur.com/90KnAoK.jpg

Another key frame here shows that Gil successfully Flooded the whole city and possibly killed millions. Notice the Water kanji and the battered up Ayaka who probably tried to carry Arthur all the way to the roof all by herself.
    https://i.imgur.com/jCy9MrT.jpg

The question here is who cast away the civilians during the duel? If Gil's flood did killed everyone, my guess here is that Manaka took the opportunity to consume the poor souls who were washed away and resurrect herself, after all, she can see the future.

Woah! Where did you get those storyboards? I didn't know that they were made public. Are there more?

Also, yeah lol Arthur vs Gilgamesh is probably one of the most over the top servant battles and I wonder if the war is able to be kept secret after a battle like that where most non-evacuees are probably dead. The materials mention that the sea was vaporised by Excalibur's blast - the floodwater anyway. I highly doubt Nasu wants to wank Excalibur THAT MUCH.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartCable
    This is an incredible catch! I guess this prove that Prototype's grail war ended somewhere in March, and it start after Valentine given the time frame info in FGO. To match with the calendar date, and assume that Ayaka rescue Arthur from Sancraid during March 1st's night, there should be at least a week left until the final battle with Manaka take place. Remember that Gil told Arthur it's been 7 days since they met so it makes sense with the time frame between the day Ayaka took out her staff and the day she got poisoned by Gil's master.
    Thank you first of all. Also, kinda hilarious that there is a very VERY good chance that Manaka got stabbed through the back by Arthur on Valentine's Day. Speaking of which, my FGO knowledge is a bit weak, could you please let me know what this timeframe info is from FGO?

As for Gilgamesh and Cú Chulainn conversation. I'm struggling to find the exact quote but are you referring to this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragments
    From an altitude of 1110 metres below he gazed at the radiance, like he was still looking up at the sea of stars he was able to get an optical illusion. Of course, there should’ve been no stars.
    It was after all, a device invented by humans. In essence, there was not much of a great difference in its use and a bonfire illuminating the night.
    Also, Ayaka is still active during the flood? I thought she was inactive because of the quote from her "My countdown to death has finally reached zero." was due to the poisoning and we know that she was poisoned at this point due to Gil and Arthur fighting over the cure. This is interesting.

I do like that you mentioned that Enki might be a Marble Phantasm or something along those lines like a Reality Marble since the visual effect that they used in the OVA does seem to allude to that but the materials says a magic circle appears in the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype Material
    "However… this arrow was merely the tracer.
    Archer's trump card was the "Sword of the End, Enki", which wasdeploying in the satellite orbit.
    ARCHER:Behold! The infernal of destruction fills the heavens!Come forth! The Surge of Utnapishtim!

The "Star of Destruction" formed an arrow and fell towards the ground.The arrow disappeared in the sky, and a giant Magic Circle was deployed.Cleaving space, the Surge of Utnapishtim crashed towards the city. Thiswas the Surge of Utnapishtim in the Epic of Gilgamesh, the originaltsunami that gave shape to the deluge myth of Noah."