Thread: Fate/Prototype

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    400977753/aqua
    Blandthur has a personality ??
    fate grand order ID:400977753

Quote Originally Posted by TrifoceBurn View Post
    Doesn't sound like constructive criticism but okay.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnoniMauuss View Post

I do like that you mentioned that Enki might be a Marble Phantasm or something along those lines like a Reality Marble since the visual effect that they used in the OVA does seem to allude to that but the materials says a magic circle appears in the sky.
    tons of NPs have magic circles
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    tons of NPs have magic circles
    Yes that's right. I was just factoring that in since I mentioned the visual effect that made it look like Enki was a reality marble or something. Honestly, I would like full skill and NP information for Proto Gil and Perseus.

- - - Updated - - -

Which might be within the realms of possibility if we get a Fate/Grand Order x Fate/Prototype crossover or a full novel.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Moreso in Prototype than in Grand Order.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    I really don't understand this kind of comment, what's your problem with Kinoko's character?

judging character by just one work is dumb especially in Type-Moon.

and Arthur had character way before Fragments.

please don't act like you know a character unless you read or listen or watch every material.
    Last edited by AmADo VII; February 22nd, 2019 at 07:34 PM.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    dont bother with that guy
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    dont bother with that guy
    I second this.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Thirded, he'll just drain you, he's like this in just about every thread he decides to show up in.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    400977753/aqua
    Sorry for not linking that character created for otome pandering and written by everyone favorite writer who has full control of it , sorry my bad /s
    fate grand order ID:400977753

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Sorry for not linking that character created for otome pandering and written by everyone favorite writer who has full control of it , sorry my bad /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

Can we not derail this thread further?

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    yes so you must thank Takeuchi for gender bent Arthur.

other wise this forum wouldn't be exist now.

Actually this forum did exist before Fate.

Brynhildr Romantia~ PrimordialRune's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    In my opinion, yeah I think Fragments has a chance as well as any other Fate series
    Don't get stuck on all the hatefull comments, those people just tend to be the loudest on the Internet
    Focus on this: Sakurai keeps writing new Fate content and has improved since she started. All the hate against her comes down to Manaka and Septem, and sometimes London. But if you look past that, Sakurai has actually writen several of the most popular characters, from Arash, Ozy and Arthur to Dantes and Holmes, and popular couples like SigurdxBryn and OzyxNefertari, to name a few, all done by her and I'd say fairly popular on the fandom and with a lot of merch on the selling department (sure, Arthur wasn't design by her but the new content is writen by Sakurai)
    I can't known what Type-Moon (Nasu, Takeuchi, Sakurai and co.) has planned for the future of this series, but at the same time it doesn't seem they are done with it. The drama cds already provide great voice acting, an awesome soundtrack, an script that put the novel events on chronological order, to go further you need a good animation studio. (plus Sakurai also has experience screenwriting for animes)
    So, my advice is: wait till the drama cds are done and don't get discourage if there aren't any inmediate news about whats next, wait for the next conventions and cross your fingers
    Yeah, I personally like a lot of Sakurai's characters, especially Bryn and Dantes are two of my favourite servants
    The fact is that I saw a lot of people stuck with that "mistake" made with Septem and especially in the international comminity of fate they kinda "hate" her for that but tbh Losbelt 2 is one of the best story parts of FGO atm in my opinion, i like how the story is full of plot twists, you feel threatened from the beginning but at the same time there's Skadi that gives you that feeling of protection, it's quite a good mix in my opinion!
    I thought also about Sakurai's experience about anime screenwriting that helped Nasu for Last Encore, that might be a "hint" to the future Prototype guidelines;

Quote Originally Posted by Bobin View Post
    You're living in the *cough* golden age of FGO where you can at least expect one anime project with "Fate/" in the title every year periodically to keep it in the public conscious and perpetuate the cycle of mutually beneficial advertising.

For a completed work like Fragments it's not a question of "if" but a inevitable "when"
    Well that's true but seems like Strange Files or Requem gained more success in Japan rather than Prototype, maybe they don't want to bet on that series

I hope it continues. I will not be robbed of Cú Chulainn vs Paracelsus Alter.
    Oh god, I want that so bad

All the fights of Proto servants vs Alters seems so intresting

Quote Originally Posted by ShamanWolf View Post
    You could say that she does has experience in writing through her previous OC novels, 'What a beautiful' series were her greenlight in the VN industry after all. As for the hates, I think it's mostly west fan who are loud about it, otherwise she got a decent reception in Japan. Her Fragments reviews wasn't such a shinning beacon to Prototype, but people have already look past her flaw ever since the Drama CD. However, with compliment aside, I think Sakurai does better at writing her own OC rather than writing on another author's OC. Dante, Ozy, sigurd, and etc were all great characters, I can feel that she has more freedom to express her creativity on them. Manaka and Arthur on the hand are the opposite, and feel incredibly restricted. I got a feeling that Arthur is becoming more and more like a merchandise rather than an actual character. He's came into FGO with a very generic set of personality, and he improve no insight upon prototype. He was not allowed to talk to Proto Cu, but is allowed to converse with Fragmetn characters. On top of that she did changed Arthur's lines on whiteday to pander the audience, making his development feels incredibly confusing. To be honest, while you are right about her characters are popular, people only like them because they came to FGO, most people in general don't really care prototype until it is delivered to them. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic because of tsukihime delay, but I got a looming feeling that Prototype itself will have a narrative shift for the sake of popularity. Nasu is old and the feeling aren't the same anymore.
    Tbh i kinda agree with you! I didn't knew that Sakurai was at least a writer with a decent reptation, i saw Nasu often call her Sakurai-senpai ahaha
    Btw yes, imo she's better at writing her own OCs cause they're not tied to Nasu's original concepts, tho i liked both Manaka and Arthur in Fragments, the only thing i don't like about Manaka is the interactions others have with her, they just praise her so many times but that aside i kinda like how her character was developed.
    FGO obviously "boosted" the poularity of certain servants like Serenity or Arthur that now feels like they're almost out of character sometimes, but that might help raising the popularity of Prototype (it's kinda sad tho that most people know them just for FGO)

no no, I think they should both work together and genuinely promote Prototype how they properly meant it for its own sake, not solely for a lucrative business model. I'm not trying to downplay Sakurai's role in prototype, I want her and Nasu to understand and appreciate the reason for prototype's existence. Not as a project they have to do because it is on schedule and just exist for the sake of being there because 'lol an otome fate!,' but rather as a tribute that encircled the Old Fate to Fate Stay Night. I don't dislike Fragment, and I enjoy Sakurai's other shoujo works, her contribution will help Nasu, but I think Prototype is being used as tool to deliver new contents for bigger project rather than genuinely developing an identity for itself.

it's an old meme i guess
    Like they did with Camelot? That seems cool!

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Actually this forum did exist before Fate.
    Nothing existed before Fate, Tsuki is a lie perpetrated by the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    All the hate against her comes down to Manaka and Septem, and sometimes London. But if you look past that, Sakurai has actually writen several of the most popular characters, from Arash, Ozy and Arthur to Dantes and Holmes,
    sure but not really good example because those servants was also written by nasu, even Holmes who got the most focus in Shinjuku was by Higashide

Quote Originally Posted by PrimordialRune View Post

Like they did with Camelot? That seems cool!

Camelot was by nasu, sakurai didn't wrote anything, she only checked that the Fragements character are not OOC,

Quote Originally Posted by Roxas View Post
    sure but not really good example because those servants was also written by nasu, even Holmes who got the most focus in Shinjuku was by Higashide

Camelot was by nasu, sakurai didn't wrote anything, she only checked that the Fragements character are not OOC,
    Then you're dismissing all the novels, the short stories (including the Jekyll and Helena ones), the drama cds (including the one of Dantes), the events, interludes and trial quests written by Sakurai about her characters that the people like and help make them more populars just because they also appear on Camelot and Shinjuku

Also, from Nasu's bamboo broom
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    Of course, I had to call on Sakurai-san's aid for the Egypt-related parts since there was no way Nasu could handle it all on my own. Specifically, for the Blue and Silver characters. Arash's regular life, Serenity-chan's hotness, and King Ozymandias impressing upon us his ideas of kingship and how he'd consider this situation.
    In other words, the Egyptians, Arash-san, and Serenity-chan were like a collaboration with Sakurai-san.
    King Ozymandias of Blue & Silver and King Ozymandias of Chapter 6 both appear as an unassailable troublemaker. Coupled with Koyasu's character voice, that invincible air is no joke.
    It sounds as if Sakurai did help by writing some parts alongside Nasu rather than just checking

Woah! Where did you get those storyboards? I didn't know that they were made public. Are there more?
    My apology for the late reply I was busy all week. These key frames are from the Prototype Material catalog,
    Spoiler:
    I can upload it for you when I have time but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link a torrent here.

Thank you first of all. Also, kinda hilarious that there is a very VERY good chance that Manaka got stabbed through the back by Arthur on Valentine's Day. Speaking of which, my FGO knowledge is a bit weak, could you please let me know what this timeframe info is from FGO?
    very possible lol, after all there is a lot of crazy things happen in FSN during Valentine.

He mentions that Prototype took two weeks starting here at 11:35 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EM3jrSkA0c&t=616s
    This was probably the latest info about prototype they bother to expose.
    Spoiler:

Also, Ayaka is still active during the flood? I thought she was inactive because of the quote from her "My countdown to death has finally reached zero." was due to the poisoning and we know that she was poisoned at this point due to Gil and Arthur fighting over the cure. This is interesting.
    seems so, base on this key frame he was able to hold on to the antidote to the very end. My guess is that Ayaka could have summoned him with a command seal while mustering her strength to reach the Tokyo Government building.
    https://imgur.com/8RKU0r7

Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Moreso in Prototype than in Grand Order.
    Manaka and Arthur on the hand are the opposite, and feel incredibly restricted.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimordialRune View Post
    imo she's better at writing her own OCs cause they're not tied to Nasu's original concepts
    I kinda agree with these to be honest. Fragments character have their places in FGO and they completely represent who they are from Fragment, that's what I love about them. Arthur on the other hand, I feels like he's just there because they throw him there. His presence overshadow prototype, or rather the notion of prototype is there, but the fan just doesnt really care. I thought they would shed us some light or some sort of character growth from Prototype, turns out that he's in more product placement than in the story himself. His White Day persona was a bit awkwardly cheesy. I thought I was watching another J-idol boy on Johnny Entertainment lol.
    I'm going to disagree about Arthur being an Otome wank there, he's more of a Shoujo male lead discounting the generic knight in shinning armor. And Ayaka is definitely not a self-insert by default.
    Last edited by SmartCable; February 26th, 2019 at 12:12 AM.

Just make a Fragments anime and have Sakurai do his Ruki voice for Arthur and all will be forgiven.

I hate his current voice. Artoria sounds more masculine and older than he does smh.